1. Post #3161
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,078 Posts

I was an Avatar: The Last Airbender fan, a big one. Perhaps not big enough to refer to it as ATLA or whatever a true enthusiast would call it; Iím also not entirely sure what a true enthusiast might be called. So, now you have the meticulously calibrated threshold. I have been largely unavailable to mass media enterprises of late, but I couldnít wait for the season to end to catch up with Korra. Iíd gorged on the previous series, and had similar plans, but no. Gabe kept coming into the office eyes wide, head shaking, desperate to discuss and embroider.

Iím in now, though. Oh yes. And I recognize that itís difficult to be young, and shit is confusing on the real, but dude come on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

2. Post #3162
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,572 Posts
    No, I mean when Korra and Mako land on the stage after Amon tries to take Tenzin and his family's bending away. Korra still had her other bending.
    I thought you meant when Tenzin knocked him off the stage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

3. Post #3163
    December 2010
    809 Posts
    Oh that's right. Wow, memory sucks enough that I can't remember something I saw two days ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #3164
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    7,280 Posts
    I didn't like how easily Amon could dodge bending in the other episodes only to get knocked on his ass off stage after Korra reveals his secret.
    Yeah but hes never battled air bending before.

Edited:

Happy ending an all but... those last two episodes felt like a fucking cop-out. Amon went from an intimidating villain to nothing, almost Scooby Doo villain style. All sacrifices made in the series are worth nothing. Character development aside for the sloppy love triangle stuff doesn't progress one bit. And plot holes everywhere (how the fuck did Tenzin and the kids get captured, the writers just wrote them in so that there's something at stake). Why did this have to be a children's show :(
    There is no hook for the 2nd season (hell they could've made it entirely about Korra's quest to regain her bending). It was entertaining, but can we all agree it was a cop-out for the writers?
    Yeah i kinda agree with you. I mean Amon only had Republic City for like what, a day or two? They should of cut out some of those bending tournaments so we could see Amon have Republic City for a couple more episodes.

5. Post #3165
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,332 Posts
    I think the hallway was supposed to make it impossible for Amon to dodge when written down on paper.

So now blood bending has repeatedly shown to be an effective tool in republic city, yakone, tarlok, and amon all controling people realisticly water benders seeking power regardless of it being illegal will try to learn blood bending more then ever.

I have a feeling the next season will be korra facing a world that dosen't believe it needs her regardless of who the next villian is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #3166
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,322 Posts
    I have a feeling the next season will be korra facing a world that dosen't believe it needs her regardless of who the next villian is.
    I really doubt this series will ever have such deep themes.

Two plotholes that bother me right now are that 1) they never actually show how blood bending can block your bending or how Amon got the ability, and 2) how Korra goes avatar state out of nowhere without going through all the training Aang did. It was just "oh hey you can connect to the spirit world and all now since you're sad". Amon's defeat and Korra's avatar state were just rushed into the story.

Although I can only blame myself for being an adult and complaining about the plot of a kids show.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

7. Post #3167
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    3,115 Posts
    I wonder where the baby went that tenzin's wife had, i don't remember seeing it tied up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #3168
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    3,093 Posts
        one thing that i thought was dumb is why didnt amon bring the new baby and try to take his bending away aswell because he is an airbender. if you dont remember katara says that he is going to be another airbender in the first episode   

9. Post #3169
        one thing that i thought was dumb is why didnt amon bring the new baby and try to take his bending away aswell because he is an airbender. if you dont remember katara says that he is going to be another airbender in the first episode   
       Simple oversight? It's not like the kid could already airbend - the only reason *we* know he can is because of Katara. Maybe he doesn't know that the baby will be an airbender.

Or perhaps Amon knows he can only remove people's bending if they already have it (which means he thought Korra already knew airbending, which is again an oversight on his part. 

10. Post #3170
    DD's Neurosurgeon
    November 2009
    6,713 Posts
    because amon didn't know that he was to become an airbender. he's way too young to be able to tell an katara only knew because she felt pemas belly.

also the baby was with pema wherever they were keeping her. tenzin said so when korra asked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

11. Post #3171
    June 2008
    3,553 Posts
    Pretty sure Katara didn't actually know. It was just a prediction.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

12. Post #3172
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,572 Posts
    I wonder where the baby went that tenzin's wife had, i don't remember seeing it tied up.
    It wasn't tied up, it was locked in a room with Pema. Tenzin tells Korra this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

13. Post #3173
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,514 Posts

Two plotholes that bother me right now are that 1) they never actually show how blood bending can block your bending or how Amon got the ability, and 2) how Korra goes avatar state out of nowhere without going through all the training Aang did. It was just "oh hey you can connect to the spirit world and all now since you're sad". Amon's defeat and Korra's avatar state were just rushed into the story.

Although I can only blame myself for being an adult and complaining about the plot of a kids show.
    I think they did the whole "Avatar State" at the end because the season was already done before they knew they had another season. So, I think it was just put in there just so we can see Korra in Avatar State and wrap up the story nicely.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #3174
    July 2010
    3,573 Posts
    I think they did the whole "Avatar State" at the end because the season was already done before they knew they had another season. So, I think it was just put in there just so we can see Korra in Avatar State and wrap up the story nicely.
    The last 3 minutes of the episode would be needed to please the fans if there was only one season. People would bitch and moan "she never went into the Avatar State or airbended what were you thinking."

Now that there is a second season people are bitching and moaning saying they should have saved it/it was really out of place.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

15. Post #3175
    I'm so Jewish you can suck my nuts.
    Dennab
    April 2009
    9,441 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events Funny Funny x 43Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #3176
    This title has been removed due to a copyright claim from Viacom Inc.
    July 2008
    3,489 Posts
    oh god
    i'm about to watch the great divide

17. Post #3177

18. Post #3178
    April 2008
    1,383 Posts
    oh god
    i'm about to watch the great divide
    SPOILER ALERT
       Nothing fucking happens   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

19. Post #3179
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,322 Posts
    The last 3 minutes of the episode would be needed to please the fans if there was only one season. People would bitch and moan "she never went into the Avatar State or airbended what were you thinking."

Now that there is a second season people are bitching and moaning saying they should have saved it/it was really out of place.
    If they were going to shoe-horn it in at the last moment, why not in the fight with Amon. This series has some issues with its pacing, but whatever. I was hoping they'd actually tie the first and second season together.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

20. Post #3180
    This title has been removed due to a copyright claim from Viacom Inc.
    July 2008
    3,489 Posts
    SPOILER ALERT
       Nothing fucking happens   
    While I realize that it's writing isn't great and the concept is kind of stupid, it's actually a really important episode.

The Avatar is supposed to maintain balance, and this is the first time that it's explained and demonstrated.

21. Post #3181
    June 2008
    3,553 Posts
    I consider it to be the only episode worth skipping.

Well maybe the whole first season too   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7 (list)

22. Post #3182
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    4,329 Posts

The first season had some of the best episodes in the series, so that would be a bad idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #3183
    March 2011
    4,273 Posts
    I hope Bumi is the genius of the family like Sokka was.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

24. Post #3184
    LOO POO'S BIG FAN !!!!!!!! LOVES SHITPOSTING ALMOST AS MUCH!!!!
    October 2009
    9,098 Posts

what is wrong with you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #3185
    June 2008
    3,553 Posts
    I'm kidding, I'm not that insane. It's just a little difficult to watch now. No Toph, and up until the North Pole it feels a bit slow.

26. Post #3186
    To be fair, there's a difference between "skip it the first time you watch the series" and "skip it when re-watching the series".

I often skip the first sections of things when I revisit them. I usually skip the first book in a webcomic, or most of the first season of a TV show. First levels of a game, if I can.

It's because the first part of any story is always "introductions". Introducing you to the characters, the setting, planting the seeds of the plot. The writers haven't always figured out the characters completely; there's often a character who (deservingly) gets dropped later or essential characters who haven't shown up yet.

Skipping over those bits when you revisit something is fine. You don't need to be bored by being introduced to things and characters you already know. You don't need to watch the bad episodes, even if they are important plot-wise, because you already know the plot and how that episode fits in.

Skipping it when you first watch it? That's different. That's really only justifiable if it's some *very* long ongoing story - preferably if there's some sort of point later on that tries to serve as a re-introduction for new viewers to jump in, a sort of "soft reboot" that doesn't undo continuity but does act as a "new beginning". Avatar isn't nearly that long, though - if you're watching it for the first time, you *should* watch the whole thing.

27. Post #3187
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    6,685 Posts
    If season 2 has more of the world. I'm happy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #3188
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    286 Posts
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=39354

New comic series after "The Promise" announced.

Azula returns and we finally get to see what happens to Zuko's mom.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

29. Post #3189
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,451 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 15Funny Funny x 3 (list)

30. Post #3190
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,562 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 12Friendly Friendly x 8Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #3191
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,748 Posts
    To me, the only good plot tie-up out of all of them was    Tarrlok blowing up the boat. The other ones seemed too rushed and cop-out-ish   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

32. Post #3192
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    18,041 Posts
    going on r/thelastairbender is like diving in a pool of NSFW pictures of a cartoon series
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

33. Post #3193
    April 2009
    14,562 Posts
    going on r/thelastairbender is like diving in a pool of NSFW pictures of a cartoon series
    What do you mean?
    Don't think I saw a single NSFW image there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #3194
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    18,041 Posts
    Asami. She's where you'd expect Korra to be right now; which is to say, a pretty bad spot.
    Mako and Korra have it good right now. Korra is a full fledged Avatar, and Mako has managed to get with the girl he loves. They're doing pretty well. Lin has her bending back, and Tenzin's family is safe and secure. Bolin probably has a few lingering issues, but his family is intact and most of his friends are happy.
    But Asami, well, she's the one you should watch the show for. She's clearly a very upstanding human being, but inside she's got to be hurting. I mean, her father tried to kill her, her company is presumably in ruins, and two of her friends caused her a ton of heart break, albeit unintentionally.
    So clearly, being Asami right now isn't exactly a walk in the park. But it is because Asami's life sucks right now that she has nearly limitless potential for next season.
    Be it as an Antagonist, Protagonist, side character, or otherwise I think Asami's going to be one of the highlights of season two.
    true that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

35. Post #3195
    April 2009
    14,562 Posts

Where do I find more stuff like this? Young Tenzin/Lin/Bumi/whatever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 21 (list)

36. Post #3196
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    530 Posts

I'm guessing Korra learned from Aang since energybending can be used to transfer knowledge, just like when the lion turtle gave Aang his knowledge of energybending.

37. Post #3197
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,078 Posts
    Oh man, if you think that's bad then you should never go to /co/

38. Post #3198
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,220 Posts
    People! Start posting good fan pics, Ezhik has the right idea!

39. Post #3199
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,078 Posts
    Where do I find more stuff like this? Young Tenzin/Lin/Bumi/whatever
    deviantART or tumblr is your best bet.

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

40. Post #3200
    April 2009
    14,562 Posts
    deviantART or tumblr is your best bet.

Edited:

I tried Deviantart, but it's 99% zutara shipping
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 2 (list)