1. Post #161
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    July 2006
    7,143 Posts
    God damn, I was getting excited for a beta this month. It better god damn be early october though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #162
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    23,205 Posts
    Yeah, that's the only good mod. Still, its a shame the modding community is doing anything about WIC.
    Modern Warfare mod wasn't as good as No Hope, imo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #163
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    5,085 Posts
    God damn, I was getting excited for a beta this month. It better god damn be early october though.
    The information I received from the developers and publishers is as follows:

- there will be a closed beta at the beginning of October for clans and certain members of the community
    - one week after the closed beta will be the start of the open beta
    - the first portion of the unit database on the website will be up the week after next week
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #164
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    5,085 Posts
    New screens:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #165
    April 2010
    1,993 Posts
    When will they already release information about units? Also that AA unit has terrible camo imo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events

6. Post #166
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    5,085 Posts
    Should be next week.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #167
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    19,051 Posts
    The game is certainly pretty
    I like how colorful it is
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #168
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    5,085 Posts
    Oh, there's a German video preview!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

9. Post #169
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    19,051 Posts
    Broken URL
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #170
    April 2010
    1,993 Posts
    You all should add me to friends so I'll have somebody to play beta with.

11. Post #171
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    5,085 Posts
    Fixed.

12. Post #172
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,854 Posts
    The game is certainly pretty
    I like how colorful it is
    Only thing I don't like is how blue the helicopter's windows are. It keeps making me think they're in a very WIP state.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

13. Post #173
    April 2010
    1,993 Posts
    Wow , looks cool. It looks actually really different from RUSE. I wonder if my PC is ready.Too bad I can't understand a shit in german

We can see some tanks too (probably american ones) :
    M60A1 Patton
    M60A1 AOS Patton
    M60A1 RISE Patton
    M60A3 Patton
    M60 Super AX

14. Post #174
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    5,085 Posts
    Some more technical goodness:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #175
    April 2010
    1,993 Posts

*pics*
    Wait what , units will have fuel?

16. Post #176
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    5,085 Posts
    Yes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #177
    April 2009
    2,098 Posts
    Jesus fucking christ this looks brilliant! Could be only me but I'd like WWII more

Edited:

Still.. Jesus fucking christ!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #178
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts
    Only thing I don't like is how every projectile leaves a bright red trail.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

19. Post #179
    July 2010
    3,963 Posts
    Pew, pew pew pew!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

20. Post #180
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    5,085 Posts
    All the better if it helps me in getting a better awareness of the battlefield.

Edited:

Otherwise I suspect it can be easily removed with the mod tools, if the developers don't change them in the final release.

21. Post #181
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    17,958 Posts

oh my god YES
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

22. Post #182
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    5,085 Posts
    I also found this from the French section of the WEE forums for some of the other unit specs:

23. Post #183
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    17,958 Posts
    Pretty wonky looking armor values though, I don't mind AP and HE being weighted in "powers" but it would be nice if armor was measured in cm of RHA. Gets a bit weird I guess when you start taking helicopters, armored cars, etc into account I guess, but it'd be nice.

24. Post #184
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    5,085 Posts
    Some of the problems of using strictly RHA is that for one, the armor protection values of modern tanks (even Cold War ones) remain classified, and "real world" results are hard to gauge since so few of them have actually seen battle in mechanized war. Secondly, do you take the claims of a defense contractor's penetration number, tested in ideal conditions, maybe to boost a sale to the Army?

To take a Soviet example, the 3BM42 APFSDS round was designed specifically to counter composite armors rather than penetrating blocks of RHA, so sheer penetration figures are misleading for the round.

25. Post #185
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    17,958 Posts
    Some of the problems of using strictly RHA is that for one, the armor protection values of modern tanks (even Cold War ones) remain classified, and "real world" results are hard to gauge since so few of them have actually seen battle in mechanized war. Secondly, do you take the claims of a defense contractor's penetration number, tested in ideal conditions, maybe to boost a sale to the Army?

To take a Soviet example, the 3BM42 APFSDS round was designed specifically to counter composite armors rather than penetrating blocks of RHA, so sheer penetration figures are misleading for the round.
    I suppose it's better to have armor values that only mean anything when related to each other than random (still proportionate) armor values chosen, where it would start to feel a tad convoluted.

WinSPMBT's imagination has spoiled me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #186
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    5,085 Posts
    What kind of U.S. pilot does maneuvers like this and keeps firing?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

27. Post #187
    April 2010
    1,993 Posts
    Mod Tools Confirmed!

So basically, there are no paying DLC planned for Wargame. We will release some elements after the official release to support the community, through modding principally. But we don't plan to ad new paying armies, units, maps, nation, etc. This will be up to the modders to provide the mods they want to do.

Hope this answers your questions
    http://www.wargame-ee.com/forum/view...p?p=3588#p3588

Edited:

I never knew that T-64s were equiped with reactive armor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events Winner Winner x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #188
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    17,958 Posts
    I never knew that T-64s were equiped with reactive armor.
    By 1985 pretty much every Soviet tank from T-55 and on had a reactive armor kit of some kind.

29. Post #189
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    5,085 Posts
    Only in GSFG (which would be the basis of wartime Fronts) were the majority of the tanks equipped with reactive armor in the '80s (remember that it was economically impossible for the Soviet Union to re-equip all of its motorized rifle units with BMPs, hence the need for BTRs!), but I wouldn't doubt a unit getting more or less complete ERA kits for all their tanks (such as the 5th Guards Tank Army) during times of war or something. However, you can see photos of tanks from the western Military Districts equipped with reactive armor (Carey Schofield's book is a good example)--just more haphazardly equipped, I suppose.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #190
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    5,085 Posts
    Some more gameplay for us!

31. Post #191
    January 2009
    264 Posts
    Haha. Wee.

Also, I hope this controls well really. The idea of men of war always intrigued me, but the UI kind of put me off in the end.

I guess I should use hotkeys though, that would probably help alot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

32. Post #192
    July 2010
    3,963 Posts
    Fields again :(

33. Post #193
    April 2010
    1,993 Posts
    Still no info about units , damn!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

34. Post #194
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    5,085 Posts
    Welcome to Germany

So far, we've seen something like two maps. What are you expecting?

35. Post #195
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    17,958 Posts
    There's really nothing wrong with fields in a game like this, even though I too am looking forward to some new scenery. Maybe they'll give us a couple mountains to fight on so we can appreciate our grassy fields more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #196
    July 2010
    3,963 Posts
    Welcome to Germany

So far, we've seen something like two maps. What are you expecting?
    Something new

Edited:

There's really nothing wrong with fields in a game like this, even though I too am looking forward to some new scenery. Maybe they'll give us a couple mountains to fight on so we can appreciate our grassy fields more.
    Yeah, I know, but you have to admit, some bad terrain would be a nice change from the perfect fields battlefield. Something that looks like a real terrain rather than handcrafted one.

37. Post #197
    April 2010
    1,993 Posts
    Helicopter pilots are still drunk

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

38. Post #198
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,158 Posts
    Forgot about this game. I take it that the beta was delayed?
    Still, it should come around soon I hope since it does look great.

Surprised to see that they aren't planning any dlc or anything. But the mod tools are certainly welcome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

39. Post #199
    April 2010
    1,993 Posts
    Closed beta registration have started (they will select random registered players ) , http://www.wargame-ee.com/index.php?rub=beta
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events

40. Post #200
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    5,085 Posts
    Yeah, I know, but you have to admit, some bad terrain would be a nice change from the perfect fields battlefield. Something that looks like a real terrain rather than handcrafted one.
    If you look at Northern Germany in something like Google Earth, the area has much less significant relief; usually long rising slopes. There are many areas of farmland and openness between forested areas that would accommodate large mechanized forces in tactical movement.

But I stand by the fact that we've only seen two or three maps. We haven't seen all the maps they're going to have and there's going to be around 20+ maps in the final game.

Edited:

The Central Army Group's terrain has more significant relief, but you'll still see a lot of fields and some villages unless you want to get bogged down in a city fight.