1. Post #81
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,457 Posts
    Very well done and put together, but definitely not Valve.
    I'm sure the SPUF moderator wouldn't have squashed the rumor if it was actually real, because less people would play.

Either way this is a very, very well done ARG. And you know, this could be for Black Mesa Source: especially since the poster's one code hinted to Gordon.
    Agreed, this ARG is awesome.

I think the Gordon code was a troll though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

2. Post #82
    Dennab
    February 2010
    1,404 Posts
    i can't really see what this will be about. none of the content so far, save for the map's file type, is reminescent of half-life or portal or whatever IP valve has. it might be a mod, but if it was a new franchies from valve it would be nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,139 Posts
    If Valve wanted to do another ARG, I highly doubt they would upload a map to Megaupload.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 23Funny Funny x 7 (list)

4. Post #84
    January 2010
    8,641 Posts
    If Valve wanted to do another ARG, I highly doubt they would upload a map to Megaupload.
    They would host it on some obscure website that they made up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 33 (list)

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    292 Posts
    Oh boy, an ARG! I'm guessing it's nothing to do with Valve though, just a hunch. Still, it seems to be pretty well made, the videos are really creepy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,292 Posts
    Very well done and put together, but definitely not Valve.
    I'm sure the SPUF moderator wouldn't have squashed the rumor if it was actually real, because less people would play.
    He is a Volunteer moderator, which means he is not actually related to Valve. There is no way he would know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,457 Posts
    That's what they want you to think ;3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

8. Post #88

July 2010
    4,575 Posts
    He is a Volunteer moderator, which means he is not actually related to Valve. There is no way he would know.
    But Valve most likely communicates with the moderators, especially if they feel like something big which is going to dominate forum-discussions is coming.
    I'm positive the volunteers knew that the Potato ARG was coming, for instance. Same with doves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

9. Post #89
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,292 Posts
    But Valve most likely communicates with the moderators, especially if they feel like something big which is going to dominate forum-discussions is coming.
    I'm positive the volunteers knew that the Potato ARG was coming, for instance. Same with doves.
    No, they are just forum moderators. They don't need to be told that sort of stuff - unless it's been confirmed it's Valve (definate proof) they will just assume it's fan made.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

10. Post #90

July 2010
    4,575 Posts
    No, they are just forum moderators. They don't need to be told that sort of stuff - unless it's been confirmed it's Valve (definate proof) they will just assume it's fan made.
    Unless one of us knows a forum moderator and they tell us, we really can't say for sure.
    Again, I don't think someone would come out and say "Yep, this is fan-made" unless they knew for sure it was.

Edited:

Also, just the fact that Valve always does their ARG through game updates, their own URLs, and Steam suggest that this really couldn't be Valve's doing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,292 Posts
    Unless one of us knows a forum moderator and they tell us, we really can't say for sure.
    Again, I don't think someone would come out and say "Yep, this is fan-made" unless they knew for sure it was.

Edited:

Also, just the fact that Valve always does their ARG through game updates, their own URLs, and Steam suggest that this really couldn't be Valve's doing.
    It was posted in the EP2 forum, there was no proof it is EP2 related so it was locked.

Valve has only done 2 ARG's before, both for Portal 2.

Still, i don't really think it is a Valve ARG.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

12. Post #92
    July 2009
    2,629 Posts
    That is to a fanmade ARG for the mod "Pulse Phase".
    Get this out of here, has NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS as said in the EP3 thread AND THIS THREAD.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,457 Posts
    What's interesting is that the Spine Network Twitter seems to be run by a ''Jackson Hallick''.

During the Portal 2 ARG, a song called Center Of Your Mind, Mr. Hallick was released alongside the ''cave'' and ''Searching Emergence Discovery'' songs.

Just throwing this out there. Determine for yourself whether or not there is a genuine connection.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

14. Post #94
    October 2009
    1,645 Posts
    I don't think its Valve. I mean if they are going for horror, I don't think they'd go for scary movie type of horror.

If it was a Valve ARG, then I'd say it led to a new scary game. Not Episode 3. A new game franchise entirely.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

15. Post #95
    Gold Member

December 2006
    654 Posts
    Wasn't there something odd added to the Ep1 gcf lately? Or has that been proven to be nothing yet?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,292 Posts
    Wasn't there something odd added to the Ep1 gcf lately? Or has that been proven to be nothing yet?
    If you mean those sounds, they have been there since the game was released.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #97
    Hi, my name is mastermaul, and I'm a butt.
    January 2008
    8,329 Posts
    Not valve, they wouldn't go putting screamers and low quality filter raped videos of some teenager dudes dancing in a park in their ARGs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

18. Post #98
    May 2010
    515 Posts
    My thing has NOTHING to do with this.

Please don't bring it up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

19. Post #99
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,457 Posts
    My thing has NOTHING to do with this.

Please don't bring it up.
    lies
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 3 (list)

20. Post #100
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    14,908 Posts
    Dougley's been confirmed to not be a part of whatever dumb thing this is turning out to be by someone who is part of it just leave him alone about it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

21. Post #101
    July 2009
    9,912 Posts
    (屮;A;)屮 (Space Cops): Oh yes, I forgot to tell you.
    (屮;A;)屮 (Space Cops): We got your message.
    (屮;A;)屮 (Space Cops): What do you mean by "If you are coming from /v/ or /x/, keep searching deeper, more things will appear."?
    Yatterman: Just a simple warning, or I guess it could be a tip.
    Yatterman: Just keep looking, more things are bound to show up soon.
    (屮;A;)屮 (Space Cops): Alright, thanks for the heads up. :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

22. Post #102
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,057 Posts
    I want to believe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #103
    September 2009
    3,714 Posts
    no matter what this is for its pretty damn cool and creepy. its got my attention
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

24. Post #104
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,435 Posts
    Very guys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #105
    September 2009
    3,714 Posts

The map is very anti-climatic when you get down to the level V V
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

26. Post #106
    July 2009
    9,912 Posts
    (屮;A;)屮 (Space Cops): Alright, thanks for the heads up. :P
    (屮;A;)屮 (Space Cops): One last question and then I'm going to hit the bricks
    (屮;A;)屮 (Space Cops): steamcommunity.com/id/ineverwanttoineverwantto
    (屮;A;)屮 (Space Cops): steamcommunity.com/id/69annefrank420
    Yatterman: read comments, should answer you question right away.
    (屮;A;)屮 (Space Cops): These guys have the same profie pic as you, you know them?
    (屮;A;)屮 (Space Cops): Er... okay.
    (屮;A;)屮 (Space Cops): Comments where?
    Yatterman: steamcommunity.com/id/ineverwanttoineverwantto
    (屮;A;)屮 (Space Cops): Oh alright. So you don't know them.
    Yatterman: I know Dougley outside of this.
    (屮;A;)屮 (Space Cops): Nothing to do with the arg?
    (屮;A;)屮 (Space Cops): Just interested like us.
    Yatterman: Yes.
    Yatterman: His ARG is seperate (Spine Network)
    (屮;A;)屮 (Space Cops): Alright.
    (屮;A;)屮 (Space Cops): Thanks man. Maybe we can play some TF2 sometime. :D
    (屮;A;)屮 (Space Cops): Take care.
    Yatterman: Bye.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

27. Post #107
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    17,022 Posts

The map is very anti-climatic when you get down to the level V V
    gorgeous repeating textures
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #108
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    18,994 Posts
    Y'know, the whole "Help is coming Gordon you are not alone" might be implying that Episode Three might have a co-op mode bundled in where you can play as different characters in the adventure, like Alyx, Barney (it's likely he escaped City 17 and survived, probably just arrived just after you defeated the Striders and you didn't recognise him), maybe even Shephard. (the ex-USMC Corporal, not the Normandy Commander, although that'd be kinda interesting too)

Speaking of Shephard, somehow I think he'd work well as a sort of "rival" of Gordon's, since he was thrown headfirst into the mess Gordon started back at Black Mesa.

Also, if Episode Three ends up with "cosmetic customisation" like they did with Portal 2 (hope it won't happen, but it very likely might), Barney should have an optional Black Mesa Security uniform outfit, a shout-out to the old days.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

29. Post #109
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,532 Posts
    nightmare house 3?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,507 Posts
    It's really hard to tell if this is Valve or something else.
    I don't think it breaks Valve's style, as they don't have a specific one, as Half Life, Team Fortress, Counter Strike, and so on are all very different from the other in a way.
    Also, a lot of Valve's games are based of ideas by modders and so on, so this could be by a guy they picked up, thinking he had a keen eye for horror.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

31. Post #111
    1.21 GIGAWATTS!
    May 2010
    6,542 Posts
    Valve or not, I'm intrigued.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

32. Post #112
    Y'know, the whole "Help is coming Gordon you are not alone" might be implying that Episode Three might have a co-op mode bundled in where you can play as different characters in the adventure, like Alyx, Barney (it's likely he escaped City 17 and survived, probably just arrived just after you defeated the Striders and you didn't recognise him), maybe even Shephard. (the ex-USMC Corporal, not the Normandy Commander, although that'd be kinda interesting too)

Speaking of Shephard, somehow I think he'd work well as a sort of "rival" of Gordon's, since he was thrown headfirst into the mess Gordon started back at Black Mesa.

Also, if Episode Three ends up with "cosmetic customisation" like they did with Portal 2 (hope it won't happen, but it very likely might), Barney should have an optional Black Mesa Security uniform outfit, a shout-out to the old days.
    Shepard isn't part of the Valve's Half-Life universe, he is not canon and has no place in the story.

Also the Reddit post confirmed that the Gordon thing was fake, which supports the idea that the redditor is in on this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12 (list)

33. Post #113
    February 2010
    2,872 Posts
    @Zakkin

The creator already said there won't be a NH 3.

The reason why I'm not quoting - It takes forever to load for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Bulgaria Show Events

34. Post #114
    1.21 GIGAWATTS!
    May 2010
    6,542 Posts
    "HEY BRO I MADE SOME WAFFLES, YOU WANT SOME?"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 84Agree Agree x 6Winner Winner x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #115
    February 2010
    2,872 Posts
    DON'T QUOTE THIS IMAGE.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Bulgaria Show Events Funny x 27Agree x 6Disagree x 2Dumb x 2Zing x 1 (list)

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,507 Posts
    "HEY BRO I MADE SOME WAFFLES, YOU WANT SOME?"
    NO BRO DON'T TAKE THEM DOWN THE STAI-OH NOW LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #117
    May 2010
    515 Posts
    That image is going to become the new hello.jpg.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 17Agree Agree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #118
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    7,856 Posts
    Goddamn, Ravenholm already emotionally scrarred me for life. Whatever this is, I don't want to know it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,507 Posts
    After looking over these videos, I have concluded that they're just far too well produced to be something fan-made.
    So really, this is either Valve, some other company, or a man with a lot of money and free time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    1,832 Posts

This picture reminds me of Ao Oni game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)