1. Post #1
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    Since I've seen so many Urbex things I am so on by finding anything.
    Sadly, my city Ängelholm is an Urbex deadzone. I used to have some climbing destinations that would count as Urbex, even though they now are either blocked or torn down.
    Uhm.
    The city used to have many fabrics, but most of them have been evened to the ground the following year.
    Any tips where I can find stuff? I'm not looking after a museum etc
    Also, what things should I bring?

2. Post #2

July 2011
    24 Posts
    Equipments: First Aid Kid, Mobile telephone, 2 flashlights, mask, camera, and teaser(because if there r some vandals u need to defense yourself).
    PS. Dont go alone, and say to somebody where ru going.
    Dont take anything but photos, dont leave anything but footprints. Enjoy

3. Post #3
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    What kind of mask? :P
    Also I can use my mobile camera right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    175 Posts
    What kind of mask? :P
    Also I can use my mobile camera right?
    I don't know if Sweden uses a different rating system for masks, but you want one that filter fine dust, in the UK it's P2 and P3.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/3m-p3-disp...ved-mask/27480 - One like this

Yes, you can use your mobile camera, just make sure it's not shitty like 0.5MP or something

Also don't take weapons or shit, if you are caught it is much more likely you will be arrested if you have a weapon, this includes stuff like tools (Screwdrivers, Hammers, Saws) as the Police will probably assume you're trying to break in etc.

Tips for finding places - Ask friends and family if they know any places that have been abandoned recently, also it doesn't have to be an abandoned building. It could be old railway yards, places with little people in them, old military bunkers, construction sites that have been abandoned, stuff like that, just remember to be careful, and if you're caught, just tell them you're taking photos and show them some, they'll most likely let you go if you haven't vandalized/stole anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    Thanks for the information! :]
    Is it important to have a mask?
    Do I need to have that kind of masks, is it okey if I use a scarf around my mouth instead?

Edit:
    I've seen a couple of places where people have left the building machines standing in the middle of forest, even though that is like two miles away from here (Swedish miles)
    And 1 mile to the closest one :P

Where do I easiest find something?
    There is an old bridge not far from here that might have something kewl, when I walk in that area I keep thinking there is something else :3
    Anywho I'll get started on finding kool shitz. Just hoping haters won't catch me up! ^_^
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    May 2011
    52 Posts
    just google it there are sites for finding abandoned places :)

7. Post #7
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    Well, there are places like ****.se and stuff, but they are against telling the locations of places, or show places that doesn't exist anymore (Close to where I am)

Can I have a link? ^^

8. Post #8
    March 2011
    608 Posts
    Well, there are places like ****.se and stuff, but they are against telling the locations of places, or show places that doesn't exist anymore (Close to where I am)

Can I have a link? ^^
    http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/ it may be a uk site but they have an international section so you might find some thing on there.

I usually take a camera, a £4 LED torch, a maglite and sometimes some food, you never know how long you will be out, as for masks I haven't used one and well you will feel the effects sometimes just as a dry throat or coughing, most times the buildings get closed before the act of 2001 when they had to remove asbestos, as asbestos causes many health problems and I will be finding a respirator or a mask soon.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,092 Posts
    "Cool" is spelt with a "c", and what do you mean by "hater"?

This is why we need smartness back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    retarded faggot
    January 2008
    1,404 Posts
    I have a shitload of abandoned houses down the street from me, however most homeless are relatives of one of my best friends so I drag him along to avoid being attacked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)