1. Post #1
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    This post will update as events unfold.

BREAKING NEWS (6:43 PM 8/1/2011): Phoenixerve is opening Life Preserver, a page on the staff's new host site that will allow you to continue to retrieve your files.

--

Former Client Notice: Please head to http://www.phoenixerve.com/refugees to read a Brohoster refugee statement by Larry Detlor. The former staff who have provided you excellent service will be teaming up to open a new business under a separate brand name and an entirely new chain of command.

--

Thanks for your patience during this time guys, we're working hard to keep everything alive for you all. Our staff members' livelihood have depended on Brohoster, so we're not just giving up easily.

-Andrew McWatters
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner x 126Funny x 17Friendly x 10Informative x 5Dumb x 2Late x 2Zing x 1Disagree x 1Optimistic x 1Artistic x 1Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    December 2009
    274 Posts
    Seriously?

Well in that case do you have any servers for sale.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 45Optimistic Optimistic x 6 (list)

3. Post #3
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    I wish.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 17Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    August 2009
    9,342 Posts
    Was bound to happen. What are your thoughts on what happened?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    Right now I'm sort of just in shock, really. I woke up, and my coworker invited me to a private chat and that was about it. We discussed things in there.

Tyler: well
    [...]
    Tyler: its been nice working with you andrew
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 131Informative Informative x 3Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    December 2009
    274 Posts
    Shame really, was there a lack in customers?

7. Post #7
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    Not at all. Things were booming.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 80Zing Zing x 4Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    August 2009
    9,342 Posts
    Shame really, was there a lack in customers?
    I think it was because of that guy kicking JWJ out and driving it into the ground
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 149Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    April 2010
    2,366 Posts
    wait, can someone explain wtf happend? I've been watching from afar but never really knew what was going down. What happend to brohoster? i thought they were doin good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 32 (list)

10. Post #10
    December 2009
    274 Posts
    So what about current customers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

11. Post #11
    July 2009
    3,680 Posts
    Are you sad to see it gone?

12. Post #12
    July 2009
    2,257 Posts
    oh matt

13. Post #13
    October 2010
    2,253 Posts
    "We screw you like a ho, not treat you like a bro"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 98 Finland Show Events Agree x 143Funny x 13Late x 11Zing x 9Informative x 2Optimistic x 2Artistic x 2Winner x 1Disagree x 1Dumb x 1Friendly x 1Useful x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    (Feminazi) (Queen of the Furrys) (Girl Power!) (Massive Faggot) (Queen of the Diva's) (Women's right's activist) (The Classy Lady) (Bigger, Badder, Bronyer)
    March 2010
    1,633 Posts
    I tried to buy a server a couple days ago (I know.) and it said it suspected me of false accounts or spam or something, and wouldn't let me buy. Maybe its my own fault but im pretty sure I put in all my details correctly. I guess I should have read about it before I tried to get a server. Good news is it prompted me to buy my own server box. Horray!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

15. Post #15
    The Doctor Is In
    September 2009
    24,005 Posts
    I never knew anything about Brohoster other than what I heard about JWJ. But even most of that, I didn't understand.

A really short summary of all that happened would be cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 51 (list)

16. Post #16
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    What about current customers.

Are you sad to see it gone?
    Yes.

"We screw you like a ho, not treat you like a bro"
    This is dumb, and not a single person from Brohoster ever liked it when someone used this against us.

I tried to buy a server a couple days ago (I know.) and it said it suspected me of false accounts or spam or something, and wouldn't let me buy. Maybe its my own fault but im pretty sure I put in all my details correctly. I guess I should have read about it before I tried to get a server. Good news is it prompted me to buy my own server box. Horray!
    Some fraud system was recently enabled. Did more harm than good.

I never knew anything about Brohoster other than what I heard about JWJ. But even most of that, I didn't understand.

A really short summary of all that happened would be cool.
    A lot of that was dramatic, and as much as the current situation could call for it, I just want to provide people with information, not cause a soap opera, regardless of what my self-applied title says.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 20Friendly Friendly x 10Informative Informative x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    December 2009
    274 Posts
    Well do they get a refund?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

18. Post #18
    July 2009
    3,680 Posts
    What're you planning on doing now?

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,942 Posts
    Did you ever find out if you were misclassified as a contractor, and were they doing it because they were bleeding money?

20. Post #20
    April 2010
    2,366 Posts
    Why'd did some asshole run it into the ground? and how did he have the power to kick JWJ out if he ran it?

Someone please summarise the events leading up to this!!

21. Post #21
    intercontinental mexican sausage filler
    October 2009
    2,593 Posts
    if it was still alive after the whole jwj fiasco a month ago, why did it suddenly just get reclaimed?

for those who are unaware of the brohoster events, read this whole thread.

http://www.facepunch.com/threads/109...ces-Yet-Again/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree x 4Dumb x 3Friendly x 1Zing x 1Informative x 1Useful x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    The Doctor Is In
    September 2009
    24,005 Posts
    A lot of that was dramatic, and as much as the current situation could call for it, I just want to provide people with information, not cause a soap opera, regardless of what my self-applied title says.
    Alright, well if there's anywhere I can read up on it or something, let me know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 3Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    August 2009
    9,342 Posts
    (from what i remember) what happened was JWJ and some other guy started brohoster and turn out to be quite successful

a few months down the line just before JWJ was old enough to be able to part own it or something the other guy kicks him out and fires someone else then tries to sell the thing when people find out brohoster is rotting from the inside out and start leaving en mass.

I have no idea what happened after that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    Well do they get a refund?
    Suddenly about $93,000 is missing. I don't know how to elaborate at the moment, but it's simple enough to say, "no".

Edited:

What're you planning on doing now?
    Working on Half-Life 2: Sandbox, which is what I was doing prior to Brohoster taking up a majority of my life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny x 26Friendly x 2Artistic x 1Optimistic x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,142 Posts
    -snip- well sorry I tried to help
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

26. Post #26
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    Did you ever find out if you were misclassified as a contractor, and were they doing it because they were bleeding money?
    The IRS considers us employees, we were mislabeled our entire employment.

27. Post #27
    (Feminazi) (Queen of the Furrys) (Girl Power!) (Massive Faggot) (Queen of the Diva's) (Women's right's activist) (The Classy Lady) (Bigger, Badder, Bronyer)
    March 2010
    1,633 Posts
    Suddenly about $93,000 is missing. I don't know how to elaborate at the moment, but it's simple enough to say, "no".

Edited:

Working on Half-Life 2: Sandbox, which is what I was doing prior to Brohoster taking up a majority of my life.
    So he just took the money and ran? :ohdear:

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,942 Posts
    The IRS considers us employees, we were mislabeled our entire employment.
    You think that was part of why everything jumped ship? Were the IRS going to do anything?

29. Post #29
    December 2009
    274 Posts
    $93,000

I don't really no much about the history of the company accept that JWJ was kicked out but who ever was the owner, JWJ should take him to court unless there was some other circumstances I am not aware of.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 31Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    January 2009
    1,114 Posts
    Finally.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    Why'd did some asshole run it into the ground? and how did he have the power to kick JWJ out if he ran it?

Because all of the individuals beyond my access clearance with the exception of the immediate previous general ganager (Larry) didn't know how to run the company.

I will summarize the events within the hour. I haven't eaten. I'd like to do that before talking more, really. But I'm answering questions as fast as possible. You guys post fast.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    September 2007
    71 Posts
    Wanna reccommend any good server providers for us now ex brohoster users to switch to?

33. Post #33
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts

Club Uptime, LLC owned Brohoster. They dropped Jake for various reasons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    March 2010
    1,633 Posts
    Wanna reccommend any good server providers for us now ex brohoster users to switch to?
    Lethal Drive. Heh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 18Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    if it was still alive after the whole jwj fiasco a month ago, why did it suddenly just get reclaimed?

for those who are unaware of the brohoster events, read this whole thread.

http://www.facepunch.com/threads/109...ces-Yet-Again/
    Payments apparently. I'm still talking with the old staff now about it.

36. Post #36
    Official worst poster 2011
    June 2007
    8,520 Posts
    By "reclaimed" what do you mean? Repo'd, sold, confiscated, ect?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #37
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    Alright, well if there's anywhere I can read up on it or something, let me know.
    There's so much, I'll put everything up on the OP to encompass even stuff that went down from the beginning of the company back when I was working with Vlad, and FP moderators were apart of the team.

Edited:

(from what i remember) what happened was JWJ and some other guy started brohoster and turn out to be quite successful

a few months down the line just before JWJ was old enough to be able to part own it or something the other guy kicks him out and fires someone else then tries to sell the thing when people find out brohoster is rotting from the inside out and start leaving en mass.

I have no idea what happened after that.
    Jake is the sole founder of Brohoster. He brought myself, Vlad, and some other FP mods on the team to help out.

38. Post #38
    The Doctor Is In
    September 2009
    24,005 Posts
    There's so much, I'll put everything up on the OP to encompass even stuff that went down from the beginning of the company back when I was working with Vlad, and FP moderators were apart of the team.
    Cool, I appreciate it. I'm genuinely curious about all this, having heard about it for quite a while but never really looked into it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    So he just took the money and ran? :ohdear:
    I'm probably the last person to blame Matt for this right now, considering all of this is too hot to point fingers, but he did make some purchases lately that make me wonder where he's gotten the money from. I've been saving up to build a computer, and it looks like I won't be able to do that.

I'll end up freezing my bank accounts so I force myself to not spend anything. I don't have much money as it is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 39 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    8,142 Posts
    Cool, and I never got the EPP code to my domain.

So now I'll be talking to ICANN.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 11Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)