Pretty sure he is talking to you jake

2. Post #162
    JWJ
    Meepwnd
    Dennab
    April 2010
    3,322 Posts
    nevermind he was talking about andrew
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

3. Post #163
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,821 Posts
    He's going to lose his house and his education, you're going to lose a server. Don't even try and make that comparison.
    Sorry but what. You don't bet your whole life on one job, that's insane.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #164
    how can you love some-one if you can't eat a brick
    July 2011
    1,320 Posts
    ah well, i'll probably get 10x better performance hosting it off my laptop anyways
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16 (list)

5. Post #165
    JWJ
    Meepwnd
    Dennab
    April 2010
    3,322 Posts
    Sorry but what. You don't bet your whole life on one job, that's insane.
    generally people have one job and generally when you lose your job your house and other things are in danger
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Zing Zing x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #166
    June 2010
    4,921 Posts
    I hope you guys recover from this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

7. Post #167
    Voted WORST Gold Member 2012
    August 2005
    15,759 Posts
    I really don't want to be an asshole.

I just want you guys to realize that the legal mumbo-jumbo is painfully boring and complicated but also necessary because I heard good stuff about BH when it started and I just don't want you to make the same mistake twice.

I know that's your task in the end butthis thread made it look like "ah well it failed what can we do about it.. "

Learn!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #168
    Free Gameservers
    August 2006
    3,004 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Zing Zing x 2Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #169
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    10,954 Posts
    Good luck to everyone getting their money back, though I have a vague hunch that you won't. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #170
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    18,458 Posts
    Just tweeted notch and jens asking them to retweet. Lets see if they do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #171
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    3) You worked for them. I mean, I understand a job is a job, but if you guys knew this was so fucked up, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, or find a new job. Guilty by association. And you come here and tell numerous people to "fuck off." The ones who are paying for your "college tuition." But of course, you seem to only be worried about yourself. It's called Grants and Student Loans; get them, pay them off later. It's not hard.

Again, what a piece of shit company. Bunch of thieves and greedy bastards.
    I'm not taking anything back, you can still get out, I'm more concerned with a few people who's lives are affected by shit decisions rather than your game server right now.

Do you think with all the influence over the company that I had that I didn't try to do something multiple times? That the remaining good staff and good new staff didn't try? This is the type of shit that comes up when people don't know anything about what's going on besides bad PR.

In other circumstances, I'd bend over fucking backwards to help you out and personally set aside time to restructure your loss, as well as do what I could to financially reimburse you, but right now, I don't work for Brohoster, former staff are affected, and I have bigger affairs to deal with rather than you losing a block sprite replicate of goatse.

I'm not telling numerous people to fuck off, I'm here to tell people how it is, and how it was, and how it will be in the future. I'm telling you to fuck off, because you're the type of scumbag we worked hours to days on end to help, and weren't even a real bro.

It's called create a new world which you can generate in seconds and deal with it. Don't you fucking compare months of hard work to your pissy little server. And don't you fucking call our staff thieves and greedy bastards when you're only here to bitch about your less than 1 GB loss.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 31Dumb Dumb x 7Agree Agree x 5Zing Zing x 2 (list)

12. Post #172
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    November 2005
    16,761 Posts
    BroHoster Customers please refer to http://www.brohoster.com for
    applicable instructions.
    Oh ok-

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 21Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #173
    March 2008
    319 Posts
    Oh come on what the fuck. I'm sick of this. I am absolutely sick to the back teeth of it. I don't care what little drama is happening between you 'businessmen' kids, I don't care about the angry facepunchers who love Jake's balls and think everyone should leave. I didn't leave brohoster because it worked, I am a customer and all I want is a working webhost. I'll really, really be wanting to be able to get the EPP code for my domain soon. Sort it out. You're starting to look like spoilt little boys. Fucksake.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 30Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #174
    July 2010
    4,096 Posts
    nonpaying customers what

also what does brohoster say

and i had to say this somewhere so i might as well do it now

BROHOSTER GOT BROTOASTED
    sorry amcfaggot :c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #175
    A lot of stuff went wrong after Brohoster was sold. This reminds me to that guy selling cheap logitech stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12 (list)

16. Post #176
    July 2010
    4,096 Posts
    Oh come on what the fuck. I'm sick of this. I am absolutely sick to the back teeth of it. I don't care what little drama is happening between you 'businessmen' kids, I don't care about the angry facepunchers who love Jake's balls and think everyone should leave. I didn't leave brohoster because it worked, I am a customer and all I want is a working webhost. I'll really, really be wanting to be able to get the EPP code for my domain soon. Sort it out. You're starting to look like spoilt little boys. Fucksake.
    part of a host is good support
    brohoster had INCREDIBLE support

17. Post #177
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    10,954 Posts
    Just tweeted notch and jens asking them to retweet. Lets see if they do.
    citricsquid, garry and some others have already done this, I see they are in conversation with Mojang employee @Kappische. It's going mainstream in 3... 2... 1...

18. Post #178
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    November 2005
    16,761 Posts
    A lot of stuff went wrong after Brohoster was sold. This reminds me to that guy selling cheap logitech stuff.
    Oh man MUFC2007.
    He got me a "free" mouse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

19. Post #179
    July 2010
    4,096 Posts
    holy balls 441 guests god help us all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #180
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    It is painfully boring, we totally understand that, but like I said earlier, this shit goes far back and is more complicated than what you see upfront.

The business started with a few guys that wanted to create something chill. There was nothing to worry about back then, and no legal ramifications. Brohoster grew and acquired stretch marks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #181
    Gold Member

October 2008
    3,838 Posts
    Oh man MUFC2007.
    He got me a "free" mouse.
    And he got me a "working" Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit serial key.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)

22. Post #182
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    nonpaying customers what

also what does brohoster say

and i had to say this somewhere so i might as well do it now

BROHOSTER GOT BROTOASTED
    sorry amcfaggot :c
    It's cool. We could have reevaluated our systems, load, and everything and organized shit before this went down, but Matt never told us shit was this bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

23. Post #183
    July 2010
    4,096 Posts
    also all of this drama reminds me of that one krabby o mondays episode of spongebob if any of you have seen that one except kind of in reverse
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #184
    Official worst poster 2011
    June 2007
    8,594 Posts
    God help us.

Someone tweets it and it will become just like the Crysis 2 leak thread all over again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #185
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    7,006 Posts
    Get the fuck out. Seriously. Read the thread.
    You have no right to tell someone to 'get the fuck out' who had their money stolen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 28Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

26. Post #186
    July 2010
    4,096 Posts
    matt is now looking at new neckbeard accesories

Ooh, this MLP clip looks nice!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #187
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    You have no right to tell someone to 'get the fuck out' who had their money stolen.
    You're right, I don't. Sorry. There's nothing I can do about it though. Read the thread and be smart enough not to shit it up, and that wouldn't happen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 15Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #188
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,179 Posts
    holy balls 441 guests god help us all
    Thread was linked on garry's twitter and posted on reddit

29. Post #189
    But seriously, worst excuse ever: "non-paying customers". Probably impossible when dealing with virtual goods.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

30. Post #190
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    18,458 Posts
    Bet notch will tweet it soon after seeing kappische's tweets

31. Post #191
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    For individuals who had web services affected, contact namecheap. They have your domain.

32. Post #192
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,080 Posts
    If the guy wants to get mad, he should be getting mad at Matt, not the former brohoster employees. They learned about this when the customers did, not beforehand. It's not like they conspired with Matt against the customers, they got fucked just as hard, if not harder, considering that for some of them this was their sole source of income.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

33. Post #193
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,595 Posts
    Amcfaggot is a cashier at a store, one day in the middle of a transaction, he's about to give change to a customer, but the owner of the store comes in, empties the register into a brown sack and runs off with it, leaving the town forever.

Do you blame the cashier?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree x 21Funny x 5Zing x 3Winner x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #194
    March 2010
    1,608 Posts
    Amcfaggot is a cashier at a store, one day in the middle of a transaction, he's about to give change to a customer, but the owner of the store comes in, empties the register into a brown sack and runs off with it, leaving the town forever.

Do you blame the cashier?
    No, but the cashier shouldnt yell GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE to the costumer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #195

July 2011
    11 Posts
    I'm not taking anything back, you can still get out

losing a block sprite replicate of goatse.

I'm telling you to fuck off, because you're the type of scumbag we worked hours to days on end to help, and weren't even a real bro.

Don't you fucking compare months of hard work to your pissy little server. And don't you fucking call our staff thieves and greedy bastards when you're only here to bitch about your less than 1 GB loss.

()Nah, I think I'll stay.

()Never tried making that.

()I never asked for any help from BroHosters. I don't even recall putting in a ticket. I checked FB/Twitter/etc for "updates" as far as servers coming down or whatever the case may be. I understand things mess up, updates need to be uploaded, servers need maintenance, etc etc etc. I'm cool with all that, I don't care.

()It's different when I get charged one day, then the next SLAM. Door shut. Shit is gone. And I highly doubt I'll get a refund. Honestly, I'm more worried about mine and my friends' world we've invested many, many hours in. The amount I get paid for my job per hour, is retarded. I am not worried about the money. It's chump change to me.

Remember, we trusted you guys to do your job, in providing us with, as you guys stated, "the best service available" and umm... hate to break it to ya, umm.... yea. Fail.

I understand you're pissed, you've had to deal with a lot of shit that isn't spoken about or even heard of besides the "PR" you mentioned; I'm a business owner myself, so I know fully what goes on behind the scenes, but there's people who get shit done, and those who deliberately drive the shit bus from hell off the cliff.

Remember, we're the ones who paid for your house, the shit inside it, and your college tuition, and I in no way directed my anger towards you personally, but you did so to myself and others. You're here getting the word out, and obviously oppose what has happened and the circumstances that followed, but don't tell me to fuck off. We got robbed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 17Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #196
    July 2010
    4,096 Posts
    No, but the cashier shouldnt yell GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE to the costumer.
    nor should the customer yell that at the cashier
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Zing Zing x 1 (list)

37. Post #197
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    But seriously, worst excuse ever: "non-paying customers". Probably impossible when dealing with virtual goods.
    I don't understand that part either, Matt appeared to be lying about a lot.

http://www.facebook.com/mattrmedia

He appears to have disabled his account for the time being. Smart move, considering he recently had enough money to purchase parts for a recording studio. I wonder where he got that money from.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #198
    March 2010
    1,608 Posts
    nor should the customer yell that at the cashier
    That's true too.

39. Post #199
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    Sit down and enjoy the ride then.

40. Post #200
    July 2010
    4,096 Posts

()Never tried making that.

()I never asked for any help from BroHosters. I don't even recall putting in a ticket. I checked FB/Twitter/etc for "updates" as far as servers coming down or whatever the case may be. I understand things mess up, updates need to be uploaded, servers need maintenance, etc etc etc. I'm cool with all that, I don't care.

()It's different when I get charged one day, then the next SLAM. Door shut. Shit is gone. And I highly doubt I'll get a refund. Honestly, I'm more worried about mine and my friends' world we've invested many, many hours in. The amount I get paid for my job per hour, is retarded. I am not worried about the money. It's chump change to me.

Remember, we trusted you guys to do your job, in providing us with, as you guys stated, "the best service available" and umm... hate to break it to ya, umm.... yea. Fail.

I understand you're pissed, you've had to deal with a lot of shit that isn't spoken about or even heard of besides the "PR" you mentioned; I'm business owner myself, so I know fully what goes on behind the scenes, but there's people who get shit done, and those who deliberately drive the shit bus from hell off the cliff.

Remember, we're the ones who paid for your house, the shit inside it, and your college tuition, and I in no way directed my anger towards you personally, but you did so to myself and others. You're here getting the word out, and obviously oppose what has happened and the circumstances that followed, but don't tell me to fuck off. We got robbed.
    note it was not amcfaggot who caused the company to go under IT WAS FUCKING MATT