1. Post #361
    JWJ
    Meepwnd
    April 2010
    3,322 Posts
    They aren't gonna tell anyone anything and if they do somebody is going to lose their job over it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

2. Post #362
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,515 Posts
    Looks like you were screwed like a hoe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Late Late x 9 (list)

3. Post #363
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    170 Posts
    Question for EDDY, JWJ and AMC:

Could you guys provide more insight as to why there is so much animosity towards Matt? I mean, it's fairly obvious he was a dink, but maybe you guys could provide a "behind-the-scenes" outlook. How did he act? How did he manage things? Did he do a good job? Was he a dick to work for/with?

4. Post #364
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,045 Posts
    So since I bought a minecraft server for a year back in February will I be refunded for the rest of the year?

5. Post #365
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    So since I bought a minecraft server for a year back in January or February will I be refunded for the rest of the year?
    Money is just flat out missing. As far as I know, no refunds will be provided due to the current situation.

Edited:

Question for EDDY, JWJ and AMC:

Could you guys provide more insight as to why there is so much animosity towards Matt? I mean, it's fairly obvious he was a dink, but maybe you guys could provide a "behind-the-scenes" outlook. How did he act? How did he manage things? Did he do a good job? Was he a dick to work for/with?
    Good question(s).

6. Post #366
    June 2010
    1,536 Posts
    I renewed my MC server just days ago against my better judgement simply due to the fact that I could get it for $2.95 and assumed if I stopped and then wanted to start up again (if lethaldrive were to be slow to start or never get going) that the price would go up to $6.00. Bad decision I suppose, and I didn't even have the presence of mind to backup our world, so now we have a few weeks old copy on my laptop. I was working under the assumption that any shutdown would be somewhat graceful with at least a day or two notice to let me gather up my stuff from the server and get a refund, but now I'm kicking myself for being so stupid.

Losing $3 is no big deal, but we had a lot of work into the map in that time and re-doing it will be a bit annoying. My fault for using such an unstable service without taking some precautions but live and learn I guess.

If lethaldrive gets going I will most likely migrate to it, as I have been following the thread and see that it will be as good as brohoster was at its beginning, if not better. Best of luck to all of the employees and JWJ (it is very kind of you to rehire them all). Don't expect to preorder, but I will be ordering once the servers are actually available.

7. Post #367
    July 2010
    4,096 Posts
    I renewed my MC server just days ago against my better judgement simply due to the fact that I could get it for $2.95 and assumed if I stopped and then wanted to start up again (if lethaldrive were to be slow to start or never get going) that the price would go up to $6.00. Bad decision I suppose, and I didn't even have the presence of mind to backup our world, so now we have a few weeks old copy on my laptop. I was working under the assumption that any shutdown would be somewhat graceful with at least a day or two notice to let me gather up my stuff from the server and get a refund, but now I'm kicking myself for being so stupid.

Losing $3 is no big deal, but we had a lot of work into the map in that time and re-doing it will be a bit annoying. My fault for using such an unstable service without taking some precautions but live and learn I guess.

If lethaldrive gets going I will most likely migrate to it, as I have been following the thread and see that it will be as good as brohoster was at its beginning, if not better. Best of luck to all of the employees and JWJ (it is very kind of you to rehire them all). Don't expect to preorder, but I will be ordering once the servers are actually available.
    never put trust in a money grubbing neckbeard
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

8. Post #368

May 2011
    3 Posts
    I found this... is it official??

SMPMinecraft.com
    Currently FKed by the HoBoaster

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 18 (list)

9. Post #369
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    550 Posts
    lmao I remember when Nori started it, destined to fail. What's he call himself now days?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

10. Post #370
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,413 Posts
    Andrew, if the company went down under due to debts, why didn't Matt file the company for chapter 7 or chapter 11 bankruptcy? If the guy doesn't show up you certainly should open a case on the guy. Maybe not a civil suit, but filing him for fraud is enough to keep the bastard behind bars.

11. Post #371
    JWJ
    Meepwnd
    April 2010
    3,322 Posts
    lmao I remember when Nori started it, destined to fail. What's he call himself now days?
    lmao we had 4000 clients and were selling 150 a day, hardly a failure
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 12Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #372
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,053 Posts
    Great, now people on the minecraft forum have his home address and phone number and are saying that they should start getting the police involved (when it is too early to do it) and that there are more idiots there and it will just end horribly again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #373
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    Andrew, if the company went down under due to debts, why didn't Matt file the company for chapter 7 or chapter 11 bankruptcy? If the guy doesn't show up you certainly should open a case on the guy. Maybe not a civil suit, but filing him for fraud is enough to keep the bastard behind bars.
    Because so much of the business was bullshit, that I bet none of it would hold.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #374
    Just lost $10.
    May 2009
    3,328 Posts
    Great, now people on the minecraft forum have his home address and phone number and are saying that they should start getting the police involved (when it is too early to do it) and that there are more idiots there and it will just end horribly again.
    That or Matt is just gonna recieve more free Pizza.

15. Post #375
    JWJ
    Meepwnd
    April 2010
    3,322 Posts
    i am so turning off my phone
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

16. Post #376
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,053 Posts
    i am so turning off my phone
    They are trying to justify posting the full address and phone number on the forum (they have the business link also which has it but still that isnt as bad as simply posting it saying what it is and bolding it)

17. Post #377
    JWJ
    Meepwnd
    April 2010
    3,322 Posts
    They are trying to justify posting the full address and phone number on the forum (they have the business link also which has it but still that isnt as bad as simply posting it saying what it is and bolding it)
    the business is legally registered to his home address so technically any business correspondence SHOULD go there, but phone numbers are a different case

18. Post #378
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    11,833 Posts
    Well this sucks, but life will go on.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to price my server though. It seems really expensive to have a matching setup like I had at brohoster. What specs would I need for a good 32 person server?

(this is on lethaldrive, btw)

19. Post #379
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,053 Posts
    the business is legally registered to his home address so technically any business correspondence SHOULD go there, but phone numbers are a different case
    You do remember what happened last time. Yea I dont think anyone wants a repeat of that. I am trying to tell them that they only should use it for legal items only.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #380
    JWJ
    Meepwnd
    April 2010
    3,322 Posts
    Well this sucks, but life will go on.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to price my server though. It seems really expensive to have a matching setup like I had at brohoster. What specs would I need for a good 32 person server?
    i'm gonna go grab some lunch and actually write that thread cause I realize everybody needs a bit more info. 32 players would be in the 768MB-1024MB range, but if you're likely to not fill that up (we don't limit slots as usual) try out 512MB first and work up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

21. Post #381
    April 2008
    927 Posts
    Well this is bad. I need to get my domain back then, I know I should contact namecheap but I can not deal with that stuff right now. Fucking shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Turkey Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #382
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,520 Posts
    So, since Brohoster is gone now, has the financial side of things been closed off? What I mean is, if someone had an automatic billing plan set up, will they still be billed, or has the regulating company been notified? I'd hate to have someone be continuously charged for a service that doesn't exist anymore, and the last thing that fat neckbeard needs is more of our money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #383

July 2011
    14 Posts
    Hm. Appears the MCF is having the "Curse down" message for me. This is good for the moment, people can't use all that contact information for now.

24. Post #384
    April 2008
    927 Posts
    So, since Brohoster is gone now, has the financial side of things been closed off? What I mean is, if someone had an automatic billing plan set up, will they still be billed, or has the regulating company been notified? I'd hate to have someone be continuously charged for a service that doesn't exist anymore, and the last thing that fat neckbeard needs is more of our money.
    I also want to know this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Turkey Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

25. Post #385
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    October 2008
    14,482 Posts
    I paid for a year's hosting in March. Someone owes me a lot of money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #386
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,053 Posts
    If you did it through paypal just kill it in paypal.

27. Post #387

July 2011
    11 Posts
    Hm. Appears the MCF is having the "Curse down" message for me. This is good for the moment, people can't use all that contact information for now.
    Hmm? Oh, this information?

(Information Removed) - Google his info if you want it. Not hard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Winner Winner x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #388
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    October 2008
    14,482 Posts
    actually you know what fuck it I'm tired of this hosting bullshit

Whoever is/was in charge of Brohoster owes me an entire fucking dedi. For free. For life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #389
    June 2011
    19 Posts
    I also want to know this.
    just cancel the paypal subscription
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #390

July 2011
    14 Posts
    Adding fuel to the fire really doesn't solve things. There are people that will use this to "attack" rather than go legal.
    The last attack had pizza and police.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #391

July 2011
    11 Posts
    Adding fuel to the fire really doesn't solve things. There are people that will use this to "attack" rather than go legal.
    It's not like it's hard to obtain this information. You guys are making this out to be some kind of secret.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #392
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    11,833 Posts
    i'm gonna go grab some lunch and actually write that thread cause I realize everybody needs a bit more info. 32 players would be in the 768MB-1024MB range, but if you're likely to not fill that up (we don't limit slots as usual) try out 512MB first and work up.
    Sounds good. Also, how much disk space would I need? I run a good amount of plugins and I keep backups as well. Would it be possible to create a table or something showing the Lethal Drive equivalents to the brohoster server tiers? That might help a lot. I'm going to finish cutting the grass and then I'll see what's up.

33. Post #393
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    Sounds good. Also, how much disk space would I need? I run a good amount of plugins and I keep backups as well. Would it be possible to create a table or something showing the Lethal Drive equivalents to the brohoster server tiers? That might help a lot. I'm going to finish cutting the grass and then I'll see what's up.
    If we do the 10 GB thing again, you'll be fine. It's overkill from what I've seen.

34. Post #394
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,053 Posts
    It's not like it's hard to obtain this information. You guys are making this out to be some kind of secret.
    When idiots start doing stupid shit, Matt blames JWJ and the police go after JWJ because they are huge idiots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

35. Post #395

July 2011
    11 Posts
    When idiots start doing stupid shit, Matt blames JWJ and the police go after JWJ because they are huge idiots.

Okay, I'll remove it from here, but if someone really wanted to do something about this... it's a few clicks away, regardless if I or anyone else posted it or not. They'd do it either way.

Certainly wouldn't want to get anyone else involved, so I shall bring it down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #396
    July 2011
    3 Posts
    Good times on the server...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pQB3x8CHAU

37. Post #397
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    11,833 Posts
    If we do the 10 GB thing again, you'll be fine. It's overkill from what I've seen.
    What do you mean? I put the slider to 10 gigs of HDD space and its like $100. Am I missing something? That just seems really expensive. I'm really confused :S

38. Post #398
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,535 Posts
    Damn lost all my shit. I was gonna switch to LethalDrive anyway though, didn't know pre-orders were up. Pre-ordered.

39. Post #399
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    3,609 Posts
    oh wow the irony with the whole "we don't screw u like a ho" thing they had going hahaha
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Late Late x 6 (list)

40. Post #400
    July 2011
    77 Posts
    Cool, because I was getting confused just a bit :P