1. Post #201
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,055 Posts
    For individuals who had web services affected, contact namecheap. They have your domain.
    namecheap keeps telling them to go to matt. they wont help. either he also needs to release the epp codes or they need to go to icann

2. Post #202
    March 2008
    319 Posts
    For individuals who had web services affected, contact namecheap. They have your domain.
    That shouldn't be my problem. Fucksake. There should be instructions on the brohoster site, or a form to fill in. This is like a shop closing down and a random homeless guy on the street saying I could to some random back alley and introduce myself to the owner, because he might help me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

3. Post #203
    July 2010
    4,096 Posts
    the analogy that pvt.meh made is pretty good for this situation

4. Post #204
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,698 Posts
    520 guests reading.

God, I figured that to a certain extent, this was all under control when Matt started not being a douche and actually running the company, but I guess things turned out worse in the end.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #205
    July 2010
    4,096 Posts
    That shouldn't be my problem. Fucksake. There should be instructions on the brohoster site, or a form to fill in. This is like a shop closing down and a random homeless guy on the street saying I could to some random back alley and introduce myself to the owner, because he might help me.
    have you read the thread

goto namecheap
    YOU CAN NOT GET HELP FROM BROHOSTER CLUB UPTIME WENT "UNDER" AND MATT UP AND WENT

6. Post #206
    June 2010
    1,341 Posts
    No, but the cashier shouldnt yell GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE to the costumer.
    He does if he fucks up attaching the tassels to his hosting hood.

7. Post #207
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,077 Posts
    So, uh, for the two or three of us that still had websites hosted through brohoster that ended up getting moved to clubuptime, does anyone have any suggestions for some good, fairly cheap hosting? I really hove no idea what's out there, and I'd trust something recommended by a fellow facepuncher than whoever pays google the most to show up at the top of the results.

8. Post #208

screw brohoster, lethaldrive master race.

I wish they would've said they were closing beforehand, so I could backup my worlds!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #209
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,267 Posts
    it is easier to write an email than it is to read instructions/ fill in a form

quick fact for you there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #210
    Just lost $10.
    May 2009
    3,332 Posts
    So, uh, for the two or three of us that still had websites hosted through brohoster that ended up getting moved to clubuptime, does anyone have any suggestions for some good, fairly cheap hosting? I really hove no idea what's out there, and I'd trust something recommended by a fellow facepuncher than whoever pays google the most to show up at the top of the results.
    Lithium is supposed to be good but I haven't tried it myself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #211
    You guys should thank Amc that he is trying to help you. He was (just) a Staff of Brohoster, he normally wouldn't need to take care in any way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #212
    July 2010
    4,096 Posts
    anyway you guys need to throw money at jwj because all of the old brohoster crew is going there

13. Post #213
    JWJ
    Meepwnd
    Dennab
    April 2010
    3,322 Posts
    The entire staff of Brohoster hated every single little thing Matthew was doing, including this. They were trying to bring it back to where we had it back in the glory days - so don't any of you dare blame them for any issues you had at Brohoster. They put their blood sweat and tears into that company more than I ever did and they kept doing it until the last second.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 16Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #214

July 2011
    11 Posts
    note it was not amcfaggot who caused the company to go under IT WAS FUCKING MATT
    Are you high? Nothing wrong with that, but did you read anything I've posted? I wasn't originally directing anything towards amc; and I clearly understand it wasn't his fault.

15. Post #215
    JWJ
    Meepwnd
    Dennab
    April 2010
    3,322 Posts
    anyway you guys need to throw money at jwj because all of the old brohoster crew is going there
    Larry, Andrew, Tyler, and Alex will all resume working for and with me on LethalDrive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #216
    July 2010
    4,096 Posts
    Are you high? Nothing wrong with that, but did you read anything I've posted? I wasn't originally directing anything towards amc; and I clearly understand it wasn't his fault.
    so why are you directing your rage toward amcfaggot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

17. Post #217
    The entire staff of Brohoster hated every single little thing Matthew was doing, including this. They were trying to bring it back to where we had it back in the glory days - so don't any of you dare blame them for any issues you had at Brohoster. They put their blood sweat and tears into that company more than I ever did and they kept doing it until the last second.
    Why did you sell it then? I bet you knew before what kind of person Matt was. Of course you couldn't know it would end like this, but I mean when I have a bit of knowledge of humans, I know how they act or what they will do or how they will do it.

You did it for fun (and money) and he probably did it because of the money. I'd blame it on you, 50%.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 23Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #218

July 2011
    11 Posts
    READ THE FUCKING POSTS good god
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #219
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    November 2005
    16,567 Posts
    Larry, Andrew, Tyler, and Alex will all resume working for and with me on LethalDrive.
    What about me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 12 (list)

20. Post #220
    July 2010
    4,096 Posts
    Why did you sell it then? I bet you knew before what kind of person Matt was. Of course you couldn't know it would end like this, but I mean when I have a bit of knowledge of humans, I know how they act or what they will do or how they will do it.

You did it for fun (and money) and he probably did it because of the money. I'd blame it on you, 50%.
    he sold it because he was in monetary troubles and club uptime promised he would retain control of the company at least that's what i think happened
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

21. Post #221
    Just lost $10.
    May 2009
    3,332 Posts
    Honestly, it seemed like Andrew was acting hostile towards him when he wasn't meaning to insult Andrew in the first place.

He's obviously pissed about his lost service and wasn't aware of the full story. Being told to "fuck off" by one of the former employees wasn't helpful either.

22. Post #222
    July 2010
    4,096 Posts
    READ THE FUCKING POSTS good god
    also i find it funny that you created an account just for this

CAN I HAVE A GIM MICK
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

23. Post #223
    JWJ
    Meepwnd
    Dennab
    April 2010
    3,322 Posts

He was my friend. I never 'sold' it, we decided to start working together around December so I could bring lower-cost servers to my clients. We still had the smallest profit margins you'd ever see at a company, so it definitely wasn't about money. The $5000 that keeps getting quoted is referring to an amount that I got to keep in my bank accounts when he revoked my access to the finances and attempted (yes, there were two times) to fire me.

Edited:

What about me.
    you too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #224
    July 2010
    4,096 Posts
    He was my friend. I never 'sold' it, we decided to start working together around December so I could bring lower-cost servers to my clients. We still had the smallest profit margins you'd ever see at a company, so it definitely wasn't about money. The $5000 that keeps getting quoted is referring to an amount that I got to keep in my bank accounts when he revoked my access to the finances and attempted (yes, there were two times) to fire me.

Edited:

you too
    or that

25. Post #225
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    November 2005
    16,567 Posts

Edited:

you too
    Yay also two times?
    I thought he only tried once.

26. Post #226
    JWJ
    Meepwnd
    Dennab
    April 2010
    3,322 Posts
    Yay also two times?
    I thought he only tried once.
    he tried firing me and then I got him to allow me to stay so long as he got control of all the financial accounts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #227

July 2011
    2 Posts
    I don't blame any of the staff that worked on my servers at all. Larry, Andrew, Tyler, Josh, they all put in work to make sure my server was running fine. Of course, the choice of TCAdmin caused it to not work a bunch of times but that's aside the point

But I do blame Matt completely for everything that's gone on lately. At first, Matt didn't seem half bad. This is when Jake was fired. I mean, there were a few issues that were a problem, and even the people I mentioned will tell you that Jake had some problems. But of course, Matt derped everything he possibly could. After he tried to sell the company, I should have jumped ship. I only lose about 12 days at this point on 3 months so it's not half bad but I mean, still, it's pretty ridiculous at what Matt was doing and what he just did.

I'm surprised there aren't some people outside his house. Then again, he probably sold it, ran away, changed his name and got some plastic surgery. Or perhaps Witness Protection Program, since he had the FBI involved last time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #228
    Good friend. Oh well, money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #229

July 2011
    11 Posts
    also i find it funny that you created an account just for this

CAN I HAVE A GIM MICK
    A gim mick? You mean, gimmick? Nah. Here, let me bring up my bank statement for you, so you know I am a person whom actually does rent... well, rented as in past tense because we were fucking robbed. Will edit this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

30. Post #230
    Just lost $10.
    May 2009
    3,332 Posts
    http://clubuptime.com/

Just reposting to keep people aware.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #231
    Official worst poster 2011
    June 2007
    8,579 Posts
    The main problem here IMO is that JWJ started it up before he was even a legal adult, and thus, gotten beaten to the whole "legal ownership" by Matt, as Matt was technically the legal founder of the company.

Anyways best of luck with Lethaldrive, seeing as you don't have any Activision grade AAA++ assholes in any positions of power you will probably not have to worry about that shit happening again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #232
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    247 Posts
    Man this sucks, I used to use Brohoster before JWJ was fired and I can assure you that the staff excelled in what they did. I hope Lethal Drive goes well, but one question.
    Will I be able to upload my complete Brohoster server files into a Lethal Drive server and it all still work functionally?

33. Post #233
    July 2010
    4,096 Posts
    A gim mick? You mean, gimmick? Nah. Here, let me bring up my bank statement for you, so you know I am a person whom actually does rent... well, rented as in past tense because we were fucking robbed. Will edit this.
    considering you made this account to avoid a ban or something that would be a gimmick

34. Post #234
    I wasted a dollar on a stupid title.
    September 2007
    17,029 Posts
    amcfaggot: Why is your name amcfaggot and what does it mean?

35. Post #235
    amcfaggot: Why is your name amcfaggot and what does it mean?
    Pretty sure his name was originally amcwatters, it's an alt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #236
    Brohoster went popular because they had important Facepunch people talking it up. No doubt that they were good, but their other good hosters as well. I love how some people in the crowd can control what stuff will be bought and which won't.

Also, that Matt guy is linking to brohoster.com, which is down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

37. Post #237
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    I also want you all to know that I tried to release an emergency statement regarding the losses, but the fucking system that controls that was consumed in the losses as well.

Jesus, it's like trying to tell everyone to escape the imminent grasp of a black hole, but you get sucked in in the process.

Shit, even when I'm not working for Brohoster, I'm busy over shit about Brohoster. This thread man, this thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #238
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    13,128 Posts
    Will Lethaldrive have webhosting?

I know I've asked this question like 3 times, but I always forget that the answer was.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #239
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    November 2005
    16,567 Posts
    he tried firing me and then I got him to allow me to stay so long as he got control of all the financial accounts
    What the fuck.
    So that was why you lost all the access to them.

40. Post #240
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,055 Posts
    I also want you all to know that I tried to release an emergency statement regarding the losses, but the fucking system that controls that was consumed in the losses as well.

Jesus, it's like trying to tell everyone to escape the imminent grasp of a black hole, but you get sucked in in the process.

Shit, even when I'm not working for Brohoster, I'm busy over shit about Brohoster. This thread man, this thread.
    How about you just take a break and let matt finish running it into the ground on club uptime
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)