1. Post #1401
    August 2009
    9,109 Posts
    There's fur on my Dick do I use scissors and cut it off coos its mouldy?
    Cut the whole thing off
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #1402
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    5,963 Posts
    I have been getting headaches a lot recently, I think its mass effect 3 causing them, they started when I started to play it 3 days ago. I never got headaches from any game before, so I'm just linking the two since that's the only thing that has changed in the past 2 weeks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

3. Post #1403
    "You should see my penis, it puts a wookie to shame. its like a fucking front tail."
    January 2010
    2,361 Posts
    I have been getting headaches a lot recently, I think its mass effect 3 causing them, they started when I started to play it 3 days ago. I never got headaches from any game before, so I'm just linking the two since that's the only thing that has changed in the past 2 weeks.
    Are you drinking upwards of 2 gallons of water/liquid a day? Because if not could be dehydration causing it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #1404
    Chief of facepunch medical staff
    December 2006
    18,381 Posts
    Do you know your current Blood Pressure?

Edited:

tachycardia coupled with either low or high BP can be two completely different issues.
    tachycardia and averaging 150/100, woooo!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #1405
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,515 Posts
    My right shoulder has been aching for the past 2 days, I've tried stretching and massaging it but it's not helping.

Edited:

Somebody help me, I'm in great discomfort :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

6. Post #1406
    December 2011
    2,782 Posts
    My right shoulder has been aching for the past 2 days, I've tried stretching and massaging it but it's not helping.

Edited:

What kind of pain is it? Have you been using it more than usual, or awkwardly in the last few days?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

7. Post #1407
    November 2008
    445 Posts

Edited:

cut it off (it's the universal solution)
    j/k
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

8. Post #1408
    "You should see my penis, it puts a wookie to shame. its like a fucking front tail."
    January 2010
    2,361 Posts

Edited:

To much fapping. Use your left arm from now on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

9. Post #1409
    PM ME FOR /TWO\ RUST KEYS!!
    April 2011
    5,499 Posts
    To much fapping. Use your left arm from now on.
    Fapping gave me a numb dick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #1410
    August 2009
    9,109 Posts
    Fapping gave me a numb dick.
    Which should fall off very soon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #1411
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,346 Posts
    tachycardia and averaging 150/100, woooo!
    Better than tachycardia with a-fib, and 220/180, got to see that the first time i actually took a BP on someone that was actually "sick"
    I was like "holy balls".
    or better than someone i heard who had 60/40, but they were pretty much coding, got to clean the bi-pap they used on the guy an hour later. Speaking of BP, i really need to get a job that puts me in the position where i can take vitals, as i need to practice doing them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

12. Post #1412
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    1,618 Posts
    Better than tachycardia with a-fib, and 220/180, got to see that the first time i actually took a BP on someone that was actually "sick"
    I was like "holy balls".
    or better than someone i heard who had 60/40, but they were pretty much coding, got to clean the bi-pap they used on the guy an hour later. Speaking of BP, i really need to get a job that puts me in the position where i can take vitals, as i need to practice doing them.
    Vitals are easy especially if you're working in a 21st century hospital with Welch Allyns. You shouldn't need THAT much practice :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

13. Post #1413
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,346 Posts
    Vitals are easy especially if you're working in a 21st century hospital with Welch Allyns. You shouldn't need THAT much practice :P
    To be able to do them as accurate as possible you need to do them more then a few times in a class room and more than a few times in the back of a cramped ambulance. + Just a job doing something be nice. Too bad I am like one year shy of being able to be certified in anything.
    By practice, i need to be confident that my readings are accurate 100% of the time.

14. Post #1414
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    5,963 Posts
    Are you drinking upwards of 2 gallons of water/liquid a day? Because if not could be dehydration causing it.
    My room was filled with water cups and bottles since I was too lazy to empty the garbage. I am getting a bad headache right now, that damn ending pissed me off, so its making it worse, at least I won't be playing it anymore.

15. Post #1415
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,346 Posts
    My room was filled with water cups and bottles since I was too lazy to empty the garbage. I am getting a bad headache right now, that damn ending pissed me off, so its making it worse, at least I won't be playing it anymore.
    are you playing at the correct resolution and settings for your monitor?

16. Post #1416

January 2012
    251 Posts
    Right leg is constantly stiff and feels like it has a huge knot inside of it, occasionally it's really painful and it gives me a slight limp. It feels like the muscle is always flexed/tense all the time too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

17. Post #1417
    December 2011
    2,782 Posts
    I was like "holy balls".
    Take your equipment and practice on a friend, You'll get the hang of it like it's nothing after a while.

Edited:

To be able to do them as accurate as possible you need to do them more then a few times in a class room and more than a few times in the back of a cramped ambulance. + Just a job doing something be nice. Too bad I am like one year shy of being able to be certified in anything.
    By practice, i need to be confident that my readings are accurate 100% of the time.
    Well, you really shouldn't be doing them in an ambulance, unless it's Rapid Trauma. Base Vitals should go in Primary Assessment A.B.C.

18. Post #1418
    January 2010
    2,361 Posts
    Right leg is constantly stiff and feels like it has a huge knot inside of it, occasionally it's really painful and it gives me a slight limp. It feels like the muscle is always flexed/tense all the time too.
    Go walk or something, sitting on your ass all day does not help that.

19. Post #1419
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    9,769 Posts
    Pretty sure 8 liters is not the minimum amount of water to drink every day...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

20. Post #1420
    December 2011
    2,782 Posts
    Body contains 6 litres of blood.

You would be drinking twice the amount of blood that is in your body.

Edited:

That's a fuck load of water.

Edited:

And that's terrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #1421
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,346 Posts
    Take your equipment and practice on a friend, You'll get the hang of it like it's nothing after a while.

Edited:

Well, you really shouldn't be doing them in an ambulance, unless it's Rapid Trauma. Base Vitals should go in Primary Assessment A.B.C.
    1: I dont see the use in practicing on someone who has the same vitals every time, feels like cheating.
    2: I knew, i REALLY shouldn't of been allowed to take vitals on the ambulance, (or in the hospital) but the medic was extremely laid back. When i was doing it I was thinking "how many rules am i breaking by doing this right now?" and the medic ran the vitals right before i had a go to make sure they had the correct vitals, so they didn't go blindly off what i got.

Edited:

also 9-13 cups of water a day is recommended, but i drink around 5-8, and i feel fine.

22. Post #1422
    December 2006
    18,381 Posts
    I was like "holy balls".
    yes, it is indeed better than someone with a-fib and 220/180. and it's probably why i'm not actually in a hospital right now and actually lead a perfectly normal life!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #1423
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,346 Posts
    yes, it is indeed better than someone with a-fib and 220/180. and it's probably why i'm not actually in a hospital right now and actually lead a perfectly normal life!
    Why do you have a high baseline anyways? I remember you said they didn't know a few pages back, did they ever find out?

24. Post #1424
    December 2006
    18,381 Posts
    they still don't really know, or if they do it hasn't been important enough for them to tell me before i'm due my cardiologist appointment in a month or so.

they did a bunch more tests around christmas, mostly looking at my lungs for clots, but since i've not heard anything i assume they've found nothing. one of the nurses doing my second ECHO said it looked like there might be a bit fused at the top of my heart or something, but *shrug*

at the moment it's just a sinus tachycardia that they don't know what's causing it, and i also have high blood pressure. i don't know if they're related (it would seem to make sense that they were) but they've never spent too much time concentrating on the BP.

so uhh... who knows!!

25. Post #1425
    December 2011
    2,782 Posts
    1: I dont see the use in practicing on someone who has the same vitals every time, feels like cheating.
    2: I knew, i REALLY shouldn't of been allowed to take vitals on the ambulance, (or in the hospital) but the medic was extremely laid back. When i was doing it I was thinking "how many rules am i breaking by doing this right now?" and the medic ran the vitals right before i had a go to make sure they had the correct vitals, so they didn't go blindly off what i got.

Edited:

also 9-13 cups of water a day is recommended, but i drink around 5-8, and i feel fine.
    Well, you gotta do vitals ever so often on the ambulance, but you have to do your base ones before they're in. Again, unless they're load and go.

Edited:

they still don't really know, or if they do it hasn't been important enough for them to tell me before i'm due my cardiologist appointment in a month or so.

they did a bunch more tests around christmas, mostly looking at my lungs for clots, but since i've not heard anything i assume they've found nothing. one of the nurses doing my second ECHO said it looked like there might be a bit fused at the top of my heart or something, but *shrug*

at the moment it's just a sinus tachycardia that they don't know what's causing it, and i also have high blood pressure. i don't know if they're related (it would seem to make sense that they were) but they've never spent too much time concentrating on the BP.

so uhh... who knows!!
    My god, how are you still alive?

26. Post #1426
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,346 Posts

My god, how are you still alive?
    Dude, it's not the end of the world, yeah it is something that you can't ignore, but one of my friends has something exactly similar (tachycardia with high BP), and i've seen a ton of other young people that have wacky vitals, it's not good, but not the end of the world, got to keep on top of it though.
    Also if you think your doctor is holding back, or not doing everything to the best of their ability, it doesn't hurt to heckle them about it. Christ it is your body and your life, don't be so passive with your doctors guys. Next appointment get on your doctor's ass about finding out why you have high BP as well, they shouldn't be concentrating on just one symptom.

27. Post #1427
    December 2006
    18,381 Posts
    (i think he was being sarcastic...)

and it's not that i think they're holding back, i just don't think they've found anything or any conclusion that means they can do anything yet. for a while they were considering putting me on beta blockers but then my palpitations decreased a lot by themselves so they didn't, and another option was to put a small heart monitor under my skin to record for several months, but the doctor said with me being so young and the procedure scarring he wouldn't be overly happy to do it.

it's just been carrying on same old for the past few years. if i start passing out or anything like that then i'm sure they'll step up their game

Edited:

*so young by comparison, seeing as most of the other patients i've seen in the department have been 60+ with the occasional 40 year old

28. Post #1428
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,346 Posts
    (i think he was being sarcastic...)

and it's not that i think they're holding back, i just don't think they've found anything or any conclusion that means they can do anything yet. for a while they were considering putting me on beta blockers but then my palpitations decreased a lot by themselves so they didn't, and another option was to put a small heart monitor under my skin to record for several months, but the doctor said with me being so young and the procedure scarring he wouldn't be overly happy to do it.

it's just been carrying on same old for the past few years. if i start passing out or anything like that then i'm sure they'll step up their game

Edited:

*so young by comparison, seeing as most of the other patients i've seen in the department have been 60+ with the occasional 40 year old
    I still wouldn't be so passive about it as you seem to be by your posts.

29. Post #1429

January 2012
    251 Posts
    Go walk or something, sitting on your ass all day does not help that.
    I do. Usually ill walk around the neighborhood for about an hour or do a 30 min run on medium resistance on my treadmill. (I am a lazy son of a bitch most of the time,would stretching every couple hours/hour help?)

30. Post #1430
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    484 Posts
    Body contains 6 litres of blood.

You would be drinking twice the amount of blood that is in your body.

Edited:

That's a fuck load of water.

Edited:

And that's terrible.
    Unless you weigh at least 200lbs, you will have less than 6 liters of blood.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

31. Post #1431
    May 2010
    3,101 Posts
    What's the cure for diabeetus.

32. Post #1432
    December 2011
    2,782 Posts
    What's the cure for diabeetus.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

33. Post #1433
    May 2010
    3,101 Posts
    Wow, that's the stupidest ad I've ever seen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #1434
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,367 Posts
    The large quantities of caffeine, nicotine and alcohol I've consumed this night made me wake up with a pounding heartbeat.

It's pounding quite hard right now and it isn't too consistent.

Edited:

Shit.
    I think I need to go eat.

I shouldn't had drank that alcohol with an empty stomach.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

35. Post #1435
    December 2006
    18,381 Posts
    do you guys reckon if i'm finding myself leaning closer and closer towards my laptop/work screen it might be time for an eye test?

i can still read everything fine from a distance, but i can't see any other reason why i'm subconsciously leaning forward unless it's because my eyes are struggling a little bit?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #1436
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,514 Posts
    do you guys reckon if i'm finding myself leaning closer and closer towards my laptop/work screen it might be time for an eye test?

i can still read everything fine from a distance, but i can't see any other reason why i'm subconsciously leaning forward unless it's because my eyes are struggling a little bit?
    Back about 8 years ago, I got glasses. The way we found out was actually because I had to lean forwards while doing stuff on PC or moving a book close to my head to read. I'd say go for it even though you can't feel it yet. My eye vision has gone from "mildly OK" to "absolute shit" over those 8 years and EVERYTHING looks like a massice blob without my glasses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #1437
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,427 Posts

Maybe your subconsciously leaning forward to relieve pressure from your head/sinuses, usually find when I have a sore neck etc that I lean forward to relieve pressure, have an eye test if your worried, nothing to be afraid of
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

38. Post #1438
    Dennab
    October 2009
    2,552 Posts
    my right testicle hurts and i feel like i'm gonna puke constantly. It started hurting when I woke up and I thought it would go away but it didn't, i've taken ibuprofen 800mg twice today it hasnt really helped much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

39. Post #1439
    December 2011
    2,782 Posts
    my right testicle hurts and i feel like i'm gonna puke constantly. It started hurting when I woke up and I thought it would go away but it didn't, i've taken ibuprofen 800mg twice today it hasnt really helped much.
    Have you been hit there recently?

40. Post #1440
    June 2010
    5,849 Posts
    Let's be really sensationalist (and I mean, incredibly paranoid, as it's rare even amongst cancers - clocking less than 1% of all cancers), but do you check your balls? Just like the ladies are advised to massage and check their breasts, we're meant to check our balls every now and again, feeling for irregular lumps or shapes. They should be pretty similar, though it's normal if the shapes are slightly different and one is slightly bigger. Irregular lumps are what you don't want.

Sure it's highly unlikely that it's anything cancerous especially as it's just an ache - you probably got hit accidently or something monr, but it does exist, and one of the symptoms is an ache.
    Also, talking about junk makes me really uncomfortable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)