1. Post #1081
    OBVIOUS LOLICON
    August 2007
    1,359 Posts
    I can easily pop my left shoulder in and out of its joint slightly, what do?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

2. Post #1082
    Chief of facepunch medical staff
    December 2006
    18,459 Posts
    stop doing it?

if it doesn't cause you pain now, then that's great, but generally popping bones isn't that great for them in the long run
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

3. Post #1083
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,828 Posts
    yeah, and before you know it, picking up a bag of shopping will cause your shoulder to dislocate

Edited:

Things you have to look forward to

Symptoms

People with hypermobility syndrome may develop other conditions caused by their unstable joints. These conditions include:
    Joint instability causing frequent sprains, tendinitis, or bursitis when doing activities that would not affect the normal individual
    Early-onset osteoarthritis
    Subluxations or dislocations, especially in the shoulder
    Knee pain
    Back pain, prolapsed discs or spondylolisthesis
    Joints that make clicking noises
    Susceptibility to whiplash
    Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome also known as TMJ
    Increased nerve compression disorders (e.g. carpal tunnel syndrome)
    The ability of Finger Locking
    Do not respond well to normal doses of anaesthetic or pain medication
    "Growing pains" as described in children in late afternoon or night
    and freaking out people at parties
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #1084
    OBVIOUS LOLICON
    August 2007
    1,359 Posts
    Don't think I'm hypermobile though, can't do any weird shit with my fingers/touching thumb to forearm, mostly just the shoulder thing as well as some back/knee/ankle pains when I did karate, which made me stop doing it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

5. Post #1085
    August 2009
    9,394 Posts
    My thumb has a tendancy to bend back pretty far, but when i bend it forward it makes a clicking noise.

Is that hyperwhatever?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5831868/IMG_0628.MOV
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #1086
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,415 Posts
    When i was observing in the ER as a student a few weeks ago, I saw a patient that really needed this handed to him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #1087
    July 2010
    2,796 Posts
    I can easily pop my left shoulder in and out of its joint slightly, what do?
    Think of this as a good thing. Should you get involved in a hard rugby tackle, or land heavily when snowboarding you can just pop it back in. Unless you're a fat fuck in which case when you roll out of bed the wrong way and miscalculate you can just pop it back in.

8. Post #1088
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,117 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

9. Post #1089

January 2012
    48 Posts
    Help! I woke up this morning and found this... THING between my legs where my vagina should have been...
    I would post a photo but when I took it I realised it looks A LOT like a penis so I reconsidered.

What could this be? O.o
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #1090
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,828 Posts
    Help! I woke up this morning and found this... THING between my legs where my vagina should have been...
    I would post a photo but when I took it I realised it looks A LOT like a penis so I reconsidered.

What could this be? O.o
    sounds like you have vulval cancer and think about penises too much

viewer discretion is advised
    http://drugster.info/img/ail/3050_3072_1.jpg

11. Post #1091
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,520 Posts
    I took a huge bong rip the other day and it fucked me hard. around 3 minutes after it I got extreme chest and arm pain on the right side. I thought I was having a heart attack or some shit. It lasted for a while too, after I layed down I started having some pretty bad full body muscle spasms too.

Anybody have any idea what the fuck happened? I think i might have just done some physical damage to my lungs and throat because my throat kinda hurt the day after, and I was coughing frequently.

Now I seem to be fine, but i've never felt pain like that before. It got better when I calmed myself down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

12. Post #1092
    i'd rather kill myself tbh
    June 2005
    2,474 Posts
    My scalp itches like fuck whenever i exercise, anyone else had this?
    Actually it's when i sweat in general.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #1093
    July 2010
    2,796 Posts
    Does it go away after you wash? I sometimes have similar, I think it's just a mixture of heat and sweat. Goes away once I wash though. May be worth investing in some expensive conditioner, nothing for show, purely medicinal.

14. Post #1094
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    I have this as well, thought I get it all over my body. Extremely annoying as it happens all the time, even when lying on the couch watching tv. Haven't found a remedy yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

15. Post #1095
    Chief of facepunch medical staff
    December 2006
    18,459 Posts
    so this isn't really a question, but

has anyone ever experienced very swollen ear lobes due to the cold? this morning i was out in the (very) cold, my ears were exposed, and once i got on the bus (which was a bit warmer) my left ear lobe started to swell very noticeably, but my right lobe was fine.

i'm guessing it was just to do with the temperature change, and it wasn't painful or anything, just very weird. but i was wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Edited:

it went down gradually after an hour or so of being in the warm

16. Post #1096
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    540 Posts
    So a few months back I was using my computer and had my elbow sitting on my headphone cord without realising it (As you do). My arm slid a little bit off the cord and hit my elbow, you know that jolting feeling you get when you hit your elbow (Or funny bone)?. I got that and since then my left pinky finger has had a "pins and needles" feeling to it, it doesn't hurt it just irritates me when I clip my finger nails I can't really feel the clippers touching the tip of my finger. Would anyone know why this is happening?

17. Post #1097
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,969 Posts
    Doctor Doctor! I feel like a pair of curtains!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)

18. Post #1098
    June 2010
    6,205 Posts
    Doctor Doctor! I feel like a pair of curtains!
    Pull yourself together, then.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 15Zing Zing x 1 (list)

19. Post #1099
    January 2008
    396 Posts
    so this isn't really a question, but

has anyone ever experienced very swollen ear lobes due to the cold?
    Happens to me everyday, usually after being in the cold long enough to lose all sense of touch in my earlobes. They feel swollen, warm and very sensitive to touch for an hour or more depending on how cold it was outside. It's a symptom of mild frostbite I think.

EDIT: This actually reminded me of the many times I got it really bad as a kid. I would occasionally spend hours playing in the snow in -20C weather and often after the swelling was gone I would still feel pain in my earlobes for the rest of the day. I could not touch my ears and had to sleep on my back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

20. Post #1100
    August 2009
    175 Posts
    Alright, for the last 2 years or so I have been getting sharp quick pains in the right side of my stomach, they hurt incredibly bad but go away fast so I don't think much of them. Sometimes I would go a few months without having this pain. and sometimes it might happen twice in a day. Wat do.

21. Post #1101
    November 2010
    2,262 Posts
    Alright, for the last 2 years or so I have been getting sharp quick pains in the right side of my stomach, they hurt incredibly bad but go away fast so I don't think much of them. Sometimes I would go a few months without having this pain. and sometimes it might happen twice in a day. Wat do.
    Go to a doctor and have them X-ray it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

22. Post #1102
    September 2008
    2,402 Posts
    What causes them? Randomly happen, or physical activity? If its random, you should get checked out by a doctor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

23. Post #1103
    October 2009
    1,858 Posts
    Yeah, random ain't good. Get it checked out for sure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

24. Post #1104
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,414 Posts
    I can make my eyes vibrate, do I have Cancer?

No but really, can I fuck up my eyes by doing it too much?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

25. Post #1105
    March 2010
    1,502 Posts
    I can make my eyes vibrate, do I have Cancer?

No but really, can I fuck up my eyes by doing it too much?
    Is it like they're almost trembling or shaking? If so, I can do it as well, it may just be a weird thing some (all maybe, I dunno) people can do.

26. Post #1106
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,415 Posts
    So i saw a patient today with a glucose of 1300. Yeah, a blood sugar of 1300.
    The ER staff was prepping for a critical transfer to the central hospital. (small country hospital, doesn't have an ICU, and can hardly handle any REAL emergency)
    The crazy part about it, besides that he wasn't dead, is that he wasn't in a diabetic coma/still conscious.

27. Post #1107
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,828 Posts
    So i saw a patient today with a glucose of 1300. Yeah, a blood sugar of 1300.
    The ER staff was prepping for a critical transfer to the central hospital. (small country hospital, doesn't have an ICU, and can hardly handle any REAL emergency)
    The crazy part about it, besides that he wasn't dead, is that he wasn't in a diabetic coma/still conscious.
    it was only a matter of time before Americans mutated in such a manner
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #1108
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,656 Posts
    I have a question. So I got a braces a year or so back and ever since I got them off I have this weird jaw issue. If I don't swing my jaw way to the side while I open or close it, it cracks and snaps loud enough that other people can hear it. It doesn't hurt, but it does feel awkward. I'm not sure if it's a problem or anything, but I saw this thread so I figured I might as well ask.

It's as if the braces misaligned my jaw, which is odd because my jaw wasn't moved by my braces.

29. Post #1109
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    41,851 Posts
    stop doing it?

if it doesn't cause you pain now, then that's great, but generally popping bones isn't that great for them in the long run
    does this apply to the jaw as well

my jaw clicks sometimes

30. Post #1110
    September 2008
    2,402 Posts
    I have a question. So I got a braces a year or so back and ever since I got them off I have this weird jaw issue. If I don't swing my jaw way to the side while I open or close it, it cracks and snaps loud enough that other people can hear it. It doesn't hurt, but it does feel awkward. I'm not sure if it's a problem or anything, but I saw this thread so I figured I might as well ask.

It's as if the braces misaligned my jaw, which is odd because my jaw wasn't moved by my braces.
    temporomandibular joint disorder more then likely. Its unfortunate, I have it too. Does the side that pops (if just one) swell at times?

Edited:

Your jaw can click sometimes, but if its every time its not a good thing

Edited:

Does it feel like your jaw is kind of stuck when trying to open further then normal speech requires?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #1111
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    41,851 Posts
    Does it feel like your jaw is kind of stuck when trying to open further then normal speech requires?
    no

it doesn't seem to open very far but it doesn't stick or anything, just a clicking sound sometimes

32. Post #1112
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,828 Posts
    If I swing my jaw way to the side while I open or close it then it cracks and snaps loud enough that other people can hear it.

but I can only make it click while the jaw is displaced to my right
    left is silent

33. Post #1113
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,291 Posts
    had a persistent bad back/knees but it all went away a few weeks ago when I started going to the gym woop woop.

34. Post #1114
    September 2008
    2,402 Posts
    If I swing my jaw way to the side while I open or close it then it cracks and snaps loud enough that other people can hear it.

but I can only make it click while the jaw is displaced to my right
    left is silent
    sounds like the clicking your describing is part of your mandible slipping past part of the temporal bone. If it doesn't happen with regular mouth movement its probably nothing to worry about, unless its causing pain (if it was why would you keep doing it though?)

But the first person I replied to it happens when he doesn't swing his jaw, which is sounding more like TMJD. Its a relatively common disorder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #1115
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,656 Posts
    Maybe its tmjd but i have 0 pain and no major discomfort. I dont get headaches either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

36. Post #1116
    June 2010
    2,703 Posts
    snip

37. Post #1117
    August 2011
    771 Posts
    does anyone cum while fapping or other

one time when i was "doing my stuff" white stuff came out. is this normal
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5Disagree Disagree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

38. Post #1118
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,123 Posts
    does anyone cum while fapping or other

one time when i was "doing my stuff" white stuff came out. is this normal
    Odd, mine comes out red when I do it. You should get that checked out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #1119
    June 2010
    2,703 Posts
    Weird, mine's yellow.

40. Post #1120
    October 2009
    1,858 Posts
    Weird, mine's yellow.
    My professional opinion is that you're doing it wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)