1. Post #601
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,572 Posts
    Try rigging to bip_spine_3, if you haven't already. I made something a while back with similar placement on him, and that's what I used.
    Love you.

Worth submitting?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Friendly Friendly x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #602
    March 2011
    219 Posts
    Remove the paintability in the VMT. I had the exact same problem.
    This is how my VMT looks like, what do I remove?

"VertexlitGeneric"
    {
    "$baseTexture" "models/player/items/demo/gentlemann"
    "$bumpmap" "models\player\items\demo/top_hat_normal"

"$phong" "1"
    "$phongexponent" "35"
    "$phongboost" "3"
    "$lightwarptexture" "models/player/pyro/pyro_lightwarp"

"$phongfresnelranges" "[.25 5 4]"

"$rimlight" "1"
    "$rimlightexponent" "5"
    "$rimlightboost" "1"
    "$cloakPassEnabled" "1"
    "Proxies"
    {
    "weapon_invis"
    {
    }
    "AnimatedTexture"
    {
    "animatedtexturevar" "$detail"
    "animatedtextureframenumvar" "$detailframe"
    "animatedtextureframerate" 30
    }
    "BurnLevel"
    {
    "resultVar" "$detailblendfactor"
    }
    "YellowLevel"
    {
    "resultVar" "$yellow"
    }
    "Equals"
    {
    "srcVar1" "$yellow"
    "resultVar" "$color2"
    }

}
    }
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events

3. Post #603
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,572 Posts
    This is how my VMT looks like, what do I remove?
    snipped
    I looked through your VMT and mine and I don't think it's a paint issue anymore. Can you post your texture?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #604
    March 2011
    219 Posts
    I looked through your VMT and mine and I don't think it's a paint issue anymore. Can you post your texture?
    Here
    It still looks dark as fuck even in light, but it looks normal in the loadout.

5. Post #605
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,572 Posts
    Here
    It still looks dark as fuck even in light, but it looks normal in the loadout.
    It looks fine. I got nothing Unless someone more experienced then me knows the solution, I would just suggest switching hats.

6. Post #606
    July 2011
    3,279 Posts
    Love you.

Worth submitting?
    Isn't the tie a lot curlier than that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #607
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,572 Posts
    Isn't the tie a lot curlier than that?
    Yeah but the more it curls the more clipping occurs within the tie itself and it gets really fucked up. Besides, I like it with less curl.

8. Post #608
    March 2011
    219 Posts

Heh, turns out it really WAS just the lighting after all.
    Looks totally fine now for some reason.

ANYWAYS, I'm now about to make the melee weapon of the set, but I don't really know what to make.
    A wine bottle maybe? I think someone has done that before. Maybe a cane?
    Help me out guis
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Winner Winner x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #609
    July 2011
    3,279 Posts

Heh, turns out it really WAS just the lighting after all.
    Looks totally fine now for some reason.

ANYWAYS, I'm now about to make the melee weapon of the set, but I don't really know what to make.
    A wine bottle maybe? I think someone has done that before. Maybe a cane?
    Help me out guis
    You know, how exactly is that monocle/magnifying glass staying there?

Also, regarding canes, I've always though the Candy Cane should've been a Demo wep. Would've been pimpin' with the Hallmark
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

10. Post #610
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    5,002 Posts

Also, regarding canes, I've always though the Candy Cane should've been a Demo wep. Would've been pimpin' with the Hallmark
    Someone needs to make a pimp cane and rig it specifically so when someone does the Demo pimp swagger (crouch and look up with the bottle out for anyone that didn't know), the cane looks like it's upright and touching the ground.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #611
    March 2011
    219 Posts

Magic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

12. Post #612
    October 2010
    1,040 Posts

I feel weird for doing this.
    ahem, what are you doing ?:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #613
    March 2011
    219 Posts
    So I've decided to make the melee weapon a bottle of Champagne.
    One problem though, I don't know how to make weapons at all.
    What bone should I attach it to? It's a melee item so it should be simple enough...

14. Post #614
    July 2011
    3,279 Posts
    Someone needs to make a pimp cane and rig it specifically so when someone does the Demo pimp swagger (crouch and look up with the bottle out for anyone that didn't know), the cane looks like it's upright and touching the ground.
    Yesplz

Confound these magics.

15. Post #615
    May 2011
    203 Posts
    ahem, what are you doing ?:

A little competition makes for better quality results, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #616
    October 2010
    1,040 Posts
    A little competition makes for better quality results, right?
    not really, I had the idea to do so long before him by asking if anyone wanted to give me the 3D model of the minigun TF2, I decided to play the card of simplicity we amend the model origin as for final combat, but I must admit that his model is pretty good
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

17. Post #617
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,293 Posts
    Pretty render time.

The back is rather underdetailed because I was already getting pretty high on the polycount, so I didn't want to push it too far and go well over the desired amount.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

18. Post #618
    November 2010
    680 Posts
    not really, I had the idea to do so long before him by asking if anyone wanted to give me the 3D model of the minigun TF2...

'Long' being perhaps a month at most?
    It's a concept from another game. You are acting as though he is in the wrong for wanting to model it too.
    Granted, he did start when you expressed interest, but, regardless, you still cannot tell him that he can't model it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

19. Post #619
    December 2009
    1,498 Posts
    If anyone has any free time and nothing to model, would anyone do a Swiss Army Knife for the Spy? It's my dream..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

20. Post #620
    March 2011
    219 Posts
    Really though, does anyone have a TF2 weapon tutorial or at least a general overview of what to do?
    Apparently I have to attach my weapon to the bip_weapon bone, then I dunno where to go from there. There are still stuff like worldmodels and viewmodels I still don't completely understand.
    Help?

21. Post #621
    July 2011
    3,279 Posts
    If anyone has any free time and nothing to model, would anyone do a Swiss Army Knife for the Spy? It's my dream..
    I never would've guessed.

Though that'd actually be pretty neat.

22. Post #622
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,590 Posts
    Love you.

Worth submitting?
    Hope I'm not too late, but the end of the tie needs to be triangular in my opinion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

23. Post #623
    April 2011
    510 Posts
    Really though, does anyone have a TF2 weapon tutorial or at least a general overview of what to do?
    Apparently I have to attach my weapon to the bip_weapon bone, then I dunno where to go from there. There are still stuff like worldmodels and viewmodels I still don't completely understand.
    Help?
    Check the OP :)

24. Post #624
    October 2010
    1,040 Posts
    'Long' being perhaps a month at most?
    It's a concept from another game. You are acting as though he is in the wrong for wanting to model it too.
    Granted, he did start when you expressed interest, but, regardless, you still cannot tell him that he can't model it.
    i don't say he can't model it, he can and i don't have to give authorization for who want do the same model i make, i just say i've got idea before him, it's different, Now it was faster than me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

25. Post #625
    March 2011
    219 Posts
    Check the OP :)
    All I see are hat tutorials and modelling tutorials.
    They just say "you can also make weapons" without actually specifying what to do.

26. Post #626
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,590 Posts
    All I see are hat tutorials and modelling tutorials.
    They just say "you can also make weapons" without actually specifying what to do.
    Weapons aren't different from hats, except with weapons there's probably a few more things you have to skin, like shotgun pumps or magazines or whatever.
    Jigglebones are simply said bones, but they're made jiggly in the .QC.

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 13Winner Winner x 4 (list)

27. Post #627
    I LOVE NAZIS
    June 2011
    4,515 Posts
    Ugh, ok which part did you find to be dumb?
    Was it "prolly" was it "you'ed" was it "abit" or did you just disagree with
    what I suggested and found it to be generally dumb.
    I'll go back and change something if you want.

-edit-

We really cant go anywhere with out drama.
    he didn't make that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 3 (list)

28. Post #628
    March 2011
    219 Posts
    Weapons aren't different from hats, except with weapons there's probably a few more things you have to skin, like shotgun pumps or magazines or whatever.
    Jigglebones are simply said bones, but they're made jiggly in the .QC.

Edited:
    Alright so more researching has told me that you don't need v_models and w_models anymore, just c_models.
    My final question is how do I import weapon models into blender? I'd like to have a reference while modeling my weapon.

29. Post #629
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,590 Posts
    Alright so more researching has told me that you don't need v_models and w_models anymore, just c_models.
    My final question is how do I import weapon models into blender? I'd like to have a reference while modeling my weapon.
    Just like how you would import hat models. Decompile the model and import the smd file.
    Also some weapons are still stuck in v_models and w_models, for example the SMG or the Sniper rifle still use v_models. The pistol has a c_model for its viewmodel, but still uses worldmodels.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

30. Post #630
    I can't think of a good title.
    May 2010
    16,816 Posts
    Just thought that I'd say;
    For my attempt at getting back into modeling, I'm going to make this.

It was too damn adorable to pass up. Flaregun?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 9Friendly Friendly x 2Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #631
    May 2011
    208 Posts
    I think I'm getting close to being done with this.

It may still need a few tweaks, but it's just minor stuff.

Also, it only has minor clipping issues with all of the sunglasses-type misc items, so I'm not really worried about that.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

32. Post #632
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    5,002 Posts
    I think I'm getting close to being done with this.

It may still need a few tweaks, but it's just minor stuff.

Also, it only has minor clipping issues with all of the sunglasses-type misc items, so I'm not really worried about that.

"Pootis Chief"

hurr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #633
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    1,166 Posts
    A lasso? vv
    Really late reply to this but a lasso would require custom animations and all that and I'd rather just make something that fits with the Engie's default animations. Wrenches and hammers work, but the difficulty is trying to think of something that hasn't been done yet that still looks rustic and rancher-y. I looked for tools that are used for shoeing horses but as far as I know it's just simple hammers and whatnot, none of which are visually interesting enough to be worth making.

34. Post #634
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2010
    14,106 Posts
    "Problem, Officer?"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

35. Post #635
    Tyrannosaur Fisherman Extraordinaire (Not Game Fish)
    May 2009
    4,819 Posts

Have them as stones that give off those properties and have them embedded into the side of the weapon like you would with a jewel, maybe giving off a small distinctly coloured trailing glow from it to help identify it from a distance
    I have just learned drawing jewels is hard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #636
    Fabulous.
    January 2011
    3,443 Posts
    I started doing in XSI, but I'm complete newb.
    I'll just follow tutorials and begin slowly.
    I made this, but it's far from perfect, but I'll improve it over time.

I'm thinking of making it like some helmet for Demoman, I might tweak the pointy part.

I also need to get all plugins so I can texture in Photoshop and so on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events

37. Post #637
    October 2010
    10,394 Posts
    Try a free program, that watermark will get annoying than you know. Either get a Student version of 3ds Max or get Blender.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #638
    Fabulous.
    January 2011
    3,443 Posts
    XSI mod tool is free as far as I know, and I think it only shows watermark because I print screen'd directly from program.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #639
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,016 Posts
    Anyhting you make with XSI Mod belongs to them though. It's buried deep within the T&Cs.

Best go with Blender tbh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #640
    Fabulous.
    January 2011
    3,443 Posts
    Hmm, I didn't know that, I'll switch to Blender then.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events