1. Post #41
    August 2008
    209 Posts
    is that patrick from battle for bikini bottem? how did you manage to get his model?
    Wii Scrubber, I think that is how he manage to port most of the models.

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,590 Posts
    Wii Scrubber, I think that is how he manage to port most of the models.
    I used Dolphin, you can extract files from isos there, then I had to open the compressed package files, and manually extract him out, I just happened to get lucky when atleast getting his mesh, I'm going to rip the texture from battle for bikini bottom from dolphin, as I'm having probs with that, and I just want to make sure that the patrick texture from lights cameras pants is the same

Edited:

sad news though, I can't seem to get any other characters, only pat so far, I wanted to get squid so badly, but meh I might find him in another package file

Edited:

I GOT SQUIDWARD :D

Edited:

well sorta, 3d object converter won't let me export him cause it isn't a registered version, :/, and the max plugin ends with an error when I try to import him to max

Edited:

alright I got him thanks to milkshape importing certain files :D

Edited:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AND I JUST REMEMBERED I CAN SAVE UV COORDINANTES I CAN JUST RIP A SCENE WITH THE MODELS IN IT AND THEN COPY THE COORD DATA AND THEN I WON"T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING. lol its like i'm doing a journal or something

Edited:

Edited:

the mesh for his bandaged nose and bandaids are hidden for the render

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,590 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Agree Agree x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,328 Posts
    wow that awesome man, good job

will that flute be body-grouped?

5. Post #45
    August 2009
    955 Posts
    These are great!
    Are they going to be face/finger(Spongebob)/eye poseable?

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,590 Posts
    from SpongeBob SquarePants Movie

basically most of their models are just recycles from other games

Edited:

I'm going to see about all the characters I can get out before I rig them, so I can make a pack of them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    Dennab
    July 2011
    273 Posts
    from SpongeBob SquarePants Movie

basically most of their models are just recycles from other games

Edited:

I'm going to see about all the characters I can get out before I rig them, so I can make a pack of them
    THANK YOU!! Can't wait for a whole pack!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,590 Posts
    wow that awesome man, good job

will that flute be body-grouped?
    thats Clarry the Clarinet

9. Post #49
    July 2011
    270 Posts
    Squidward does not seem amused at his instrument and friend being mistaken.

Those models seem to look very good. Good luck finishing them.

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,590 Posts
    I managed to rip some interesting and useful models from another game, which I'll post here soon, I have to retexture them as the game won't run on dolphin. but no one else has ported these certain models yet. I'll leave teh surprise with the photos

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,590 Posts
    They have no textures, most of these models rely on color shaders, so all I did was put some shaders on them, for base when I create more detailed textures for them. The Color palate I used is based on the "What's New Scooby-Doo" show. I can't find Velma, Fred, or Daphne sadly. dunno if they are in the actual games and not just in cutscenes as cutscenes are prerendered videos.

From Scooby-Doo: Night of 100 Frights

Edited:

i might get Don Knotts soon aswell
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Useful Useful x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    August 2008
    209 Posts
    They have no textures, most of these models rely on color shaders, so all I did was put some shaders on them, for base when I create more detailed textures for them. The Color palate I used is based on the "What's New Scooby-Doo" show. I can't find Velma, Fred, or Daphne sadly. dunno if they are in the actual games and not just in cutscenes as cutscenes are prerendered videos.

Edited:

Looking Good Luigimario, I loved that game.

13. Post #53
    Dennab
    July 2011
    273 Posts

Edited:

Ah, Heavy Iron's very first game, before they became better known for SpongeBob and Pixar stuff. This brings back memories. I really wish I had bought that game instead of rented it all those years ago so I could relive this. Ah well, that what online shops are for!

So you based the palettes of What's New Scooby Doo, huh? That's nice, I'd ask you to do the colors classic series and possibly the ones of the recent Mystery Incorporated series, but I know you've got a lot on your plate already.

Also, I noticed you changed your avatar to Squidward now! I feel honored, as it probably wouldn't have happened if it weren't for this request thread of mine!

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,590 Posts
    well actually , I found this thread on google, when I was trying to find a way into the packaging format that held the game files :P. all I searched was SPONGEBOB MODEL RIPS, it was teh first thing, but its gone now

Edited:

you have to add facepunch at the end now

15. Post #55
    Dennab
    July 2011
    273 Posts
    well actually , I found this thread on google, when I was trying to find a way into the packaging format that held the game files :P. all I searched was SPONGEBOB MODEL RIPS, it was teh first thing, but its gone now

Edited:

you have to add facepunch at the end now
    Oh. Well, at least you responded to this thread and helped out with my similar quest.

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,590 Posts
    Oh. Well, at least you responded to this thread and helped out with my similar quest.
    well I can say that you motivated me to do Gmod stuff again.

17. Post #57
    May 2010
    333 Posts
    I would LOVE the Patty Wagon from the movie. AKA, this thing:

Is it possible to rip it from the Movie game?

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,590 Posts
    not at the moment, the one from the GC is busted but I do have the one from the PC version I don't remember what it looks like I'll have to have a look see

19. Post #59
    Dennab
    July 2011
    273 Posts
    well I can say that you motivated me to do Gmod stuff again.
    Now THAT I'm honored about.

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,590 Posts

Edited:

Robo Plankton

Edited:

I also got a form of ROBO spongebob but not the main one seen in the map, which I think that one is part of the map

Edited:

ROBO Patrick
    this isn't T-posed and I dunno why but I'll dig and see if there is a diff model of it, if not I'll just rig this one

Edited:

also Robo Sandy doesn't seem to want to work
    so I can't rip her, even though she was my favorite of the bosses
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

21. Post #61
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,590 Posts
    I managed to get ROBO Sandy

Edited:

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,590 Posts
    got the Dutchman, who will be the headless horseless horseman in my mod

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,590 Posts
    I'm start up on rigging, Squidward will be first, then Sandy, then Patrick and Spongebob

24. Post #64
    Dennab
    July 2011
    273 Posts
    I'm start up on rigging, Squidward will be first, then Sandy, then Patrick and Spongebob
    Those the only main characters you could get or are you just getting the rigging over with for those four?

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,590 Posts
    just for those 4, the files for the other characters seem to be , that maybe when they were making the game renderware updated so then their models were rendered in a diff version of dff, which is why I'm having trouble getting some characters like Barnicle Boy, Mermaid Man, Larry, Plankton, various fish, robots, Mrs. puff and Mr. Krabs

26. Post #66
    January 2011
    1,003 Posts
    just for those 4, the files for the other characters seem to be , that maybe when they were making the game renderware updated so then their models were rendered in a diff version of dff, which is why I'm having trouble getting some characters like Barnicle Boy, Mermaid Man, Larry, Plankton, various fish, robots, Mrs. puff and Mr. Krabs
    And Mindy?

27. Post #67
    July 2011
    136 Posts
    I have seen some weird requests.. but this pretty much takes the cake. :I
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    Dennab
    July 2011
    273 Posts
    And Mindy?
    She's from the movie game. Not sure how that's going for luigimario at the moment.

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,590 Posts
    some models from the movie game for the gc import, like the goofy goober, not the one I showed btw but sadly I can't get the textures atm so he's just blank mesh

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,590 Posts
    I ripped dennis and king neptune aswell as plankton with the jetpack, but they are pretty low compared to the ones in BFBB except for plankton only he isn't T-posed

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,590 Posts
    I don't know if I should release this one (for obvious reasons), but I'll go ahead and rig it and fix the bikini colors
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #72
    Just a Homestuck OC with a massive dick
    April 2011
    2,483 Posts
    I don't know if I should release this one (for obvious reasons), but I'll go ahead and rig it and fix the bikini colors
    Very nice, perhaps you could keep that colour scheme in the skins for skin switcher?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,590 Posts
    before anyone requests it, I got this model too

Edited:

I found the BFBB spongebob, along with his butt and underwear parts those are seen when he bungee jumps from the fishing hook
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

34. Post #74
    July 2011
    136 Posts
    before anyone requests it, I got this model too

Edited:

I found the BFBB spongebob, along with his butt and underwear parts those are seen when he bungee jumps from the fishing hook
    Nothing against the show but.. O.O.. I'm going to have nightmares now..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #75
    July 2011
    270 Posts
    The horror....

Pretty funny, good job ripping these models.

36. Post #76
    January 2011
    1,003 Posts
    Other then her swimsuit color, Sandy's lookin' awesome!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,590 Posts
    just to show how big they will be, if they are bigger then they will look a little awkward, which is why I use Mario to size cartoon type characters

Edited:

also I finished giving squid a skeleton, now to just rig him to it

Edited:

I'll also port props I was able to get, which includes their houses and such, and furniture and for squid his art

Edited:

also, once I get a good amount in gmod, I'll make a thread in the models forum
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    Dennab
    July 2011
    273 Posts
    just to show how big they will be, if they are bigger then they will look a little awkward, which is why I use Mario to size cartoon type characters

Edited:

also I finished giving squid a skeleton, now to just rig him to it

Edited:

I'll also port props I was able to get, which includes their houses and such, and furniture and for squid his art

Edited:

also, once I get a good amount in gmod, I'll make a thread in the models forum
    I doubt Squid would be that short if he were human-sized, but whatever. I might can still work with this.

The only reason I say this is because I saw how the makers of the show measured characters height on an online blog. The blog's not around anymore, but it said that SpongeBob came up to the halfway mark of a normal-sized doorway. And Sponge comes up to about right under Squid's shoulders, so... Well, I'm sure you can do the math.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,590 Posts
    I should have done it this way

but fine I'll make his a tad bigger

Edited:

thats the biggest I'm making him, tbh he looks a little better that way
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

40. Post #80
    September 2010
    79 Posts
    I think that's about perfect, actually.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)