Gold Member
    April 2006
    773 Posts

Official Website
    http://www.borderlands2.com/

What's it for?

Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.

WHEN, DEAR GOD, WHEN?!
    We're gonna catch a glimpse of it at Gamescom and PAX, don't worry.

FUCK YOU, GIVE ME A RELEASE DATE!
    Fine, fine. Fiscal year 2013. That's April 1st, 2012 onwards.

So what's in it?
    Borderlands 2 has been said to have:

- New Characters
    - New Skills
    - Many new environments
    - Weapons, all those delicious weapons.
    - A 'deliciously crafted' story.
    - Players will reveal secrets, and escalate mysteries of the Borderlands universe as they adventure across the unexplored new areas of Pandora.
    - The original cast are now NPCs
    - Claptrap is back!
    - Currency is now 'Eridium'
    - Weapons are being overhauled.
    - NPCs are planned to interact with eachother and generally be more alive.

The reveal of Borderlands 2 and their first new character will be in the latest issue of Game Informer Magazine.

AND HERE ARE THOSE CONFIRMED DETAILS, COURTESY OF USAOKAY

Game Informer article scan
    http://gamenyusu.com/component/conte...s-2-scans.html

I just read the entire article and here's the rundown of it:

- 5 years since the first Borderlands.
    - Some jackass named Handsome Pete has taken the credit and glory for opening the vault. He later rose to power as the CEO for Hyperion and the dictator of Pandora.
    - The four Vault Hunters from the first game will have their story and backstory fleshed out more. They will also be scattered around the planet since they seem to have gone their separate ways (and they still have a bounty on their heads).
    - The Gunzerker is basically an upgraded version of the Beserker.
    - The AI and enemies will communicate to each other, thus changing up the tactics a bit.
    - Uncovering new locations will grant XP.
    - Quests will radically change due to gameplay.
    - A bandit faction called the Bloodletters (or something like that) are gun nuts. They even have a statue of Marcus.
    - A new vehicle called the Bandit Technical. Gearbox wanted vehicles that doesn't suck, so they set out to improve on the textures, seating for co-op, and better collision detection.
    - Shitload of new awesome enemies.
    - Skags are much more dangerous this time around. An elemental skag can power-up a bunch of pup skags by using its power.
    - Class mods and elemental damage will have more distinct experiences.
    - Day/Night transition, but now Pandora's moon has been blocked by a huge H (that stands for Hyperion).
    - Class skill trees will be more than just simple stat changes.
    - A new element is called Eridium that is found on some weapons. While it adds on no attack value, it does augments other elemental damage. Besides enhancing guns, its strange alien property is supposedly a super currency on Pandora.
    - Claptrap is coming back and he's still pissed about Hyperion. How he's going to deal with it is going to be way different than your plans.
    - Gun brands will be much more noticeable by having a theme and a unique visual style.
    - A throwable Tediore gun that acts like a grenade. The gun will respawn in the player's hand with a new magazine. The more bullets left remaining in the magazine, the bigger the explosion.
    - Banter with player characters (ala. L4D and Dragon Age)
    Borderlands 2 is also appearing at PAX Prime and Gamescom.

Where are the Screenshots? :(

The character featured in these screenshots is known as the Gunzerker. I'll make a classes subtitle once the second is revealed.

For now, magazine scans from the thread contributors.

Given that I obtained a new found love for this game last summer when I decided to play it on a new character co-op with a friend, I proceeded to buy ALL the DLC after that and beat every single one. I love Borderlands and I can't wait for this either.

Oh, and:
    2kGames posted:
    Next Friday, August 19th, 2K Games will be broadcasting LIVE from GamesCom as Gearbox Software presents a demonstration of Borderlands 2 and answers questions from our fans! The world premier online look at our much-anticipated return to Pandora will be broadcast on our uStream channel at http://www.ustream.tv/2kgameslive at 8:00 PT (17:00 CET, 16:00 BST)
    Teaser Trailer

Leaked footage from Kotaku

http://kotaku.com/5837080/new-leaked...exploding-guns
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner x 205Dumb x 10Disagree x 6Funny x 3Informative x 2Useful x 2Zing x 1Optimistic x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,032 Posts
    I actually am beyond stoked for this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 86Disagree Disagree x 15 (list)

3. Post #3
    Swayoung
    June 2005
    582 Posts
    God Borderlands was a great co op game with friends. I am so glad there is going to be another!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 49Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    June 2008
    1,066 Posts
    Also on the Borderlands 2 website it says:
    Players will reveal secrets, and escalate mysteries of the Borderlands universe as they adventure across the unexplored new areas of Pandora.
    This gives a bit of information about the story.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    19,260 Posts
    I'll be fine. I didn't care for the first one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree x 88Disagree x 37Dumb x 7Funny x 2Informative x 1Zing x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,987 Posts
    Here's the Game Informer cover:
    That guy looks like a goat.

Anyway I'm damn excited for this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    April 2010
    319 Posts
    This was the best coop game i've played.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 41Disagree Disagree x 31Funny Funny x 3 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    773 Posts
    Here's the Game Informer cover:
    I'll throw it into the OP, the lack of media is disturbing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #9
    June 2008
    423 Posts
    *Nerdgasm*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    2,098 Posts
    Hell yeah, sign me up!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Croatia Show Events

11. Post #11
    Watching the world burn is my hobby.
    February 2005
    17,002 Posts
    I did not care much for the first. It was just alright.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 71Disagree Disagree x 24Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    763 Posts
    Holy shit. Can't wait.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    September 2010
    1,941 Posts
    It was alright as a single-player game. But co-op with a friend was great fun. I had a blast playing with my co-op bud through the entirety of the campaign.

I'm not incredibly excited for the sequel, but I will most certainly be getting it at some point.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 18 (list)

14. Post #14
    July 2008
    3,769 Posts
    Hopefully the weapons will be drop the same way as in 1.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    15,070 Posts
    There's semen on everything

EVERYTHING

i can't wait holy shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,817 Posts
    Well, this looks promising. I quite liked the first Borderlands, even without the DLC, so I am gonna be interested in this new one.

Also, I hope the old characters return to fight alongside the new ones, especially the dual-wielding shortie-berserker badass that is "Goat". (I hope he's actually a playable character)

Also also, what kinda skills d'you think we'll get? Maybe calling up some fierce Spiderant or battle Robot for a "Petmaster" kinda class?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    773 Posts
    Also also, what kinda skills d'you think we'll get? Maybe calling up some fierce Spiderant or battle Robot for a "Petmaster" kinda class?
    Perhaps we'll see 87 bazillion kinds of armour? Not sure if I'd enjoy an armour system in borderlands, but the sheer amount of armour there could be would be interesting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    15,070 Posts
    Perhaps we'll see 87 bazillion kinds of armour? Not sure if I'd enjoy an armour system in borderlands, but the sheer amount of armour there could be would be interesting.
    shields
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17 (list)

19. Post #19
    September 2010
    3,269 Posts
    WooooooooooooooooT!

As long as the final boss won't be "get out of his covery range and snipe the fuck out of him" and there will actually be some challenge within the game, I'm happy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

20. Post #20
    February 2010
    261 Posts
    Fuck yes, I'm so glad they decided to make a sequel. I loved the first one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

21. Post #21
    I'll donate $1,000 to a site that's based around chance but not $1 to a site that provides a community service :C
    February 2007
    33,190 Posts
    Oh baby.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    August 2010
    653 Posts
    this years gamescom gonna be Awesome!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 India Show Events

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,183 Posts
    I never thought they would make a second, I'm so happy they are.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

24. Post #24
    May 2010
    3,679 Posts
    I got the first with all DLC on Steam, can't wait for this.

It seems like we're at least getting miniguns, I hope we get grenade launchers too, you could make them by modding the first game but they blocked it, I had great times creating sticky launchers and giving them to random people online
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

25. Post #25
    I LOVE NAZIS
    June 2011
    4,517 Posts
    Are those robots to the left Claptrap? If so he looks like a badass now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,788 Posts
    Egh the first was pretty meh. If this one looks better I might forgive it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 15Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    No such thing as overkill.
    January 2007
    7,999 Posts
    Maybe this time they'll get rid of the ridiculous level scaling so having a buddy five levels higher than you doesn't make every enemy nigh-unkillable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,934 Posts
    I still need to buy the first one and play it though. But i'll be paying attention to this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

29. Post #29
    July 2009
    9,937 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17Funny Funny x 10 (list)

30. Post #30
    July 2010
    4,404 Posts
    I know somepeople have a problem with the first one, and I dont understand why? With the right people, that game was fun as hell. Can't wait for this.

also: Only just announced. entire collection of released media consists of a single picture.

And they already expect us to preorder it.

Either they are really confident or really dumb.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #31
    Tyrannosaur Fisherman Extraordinaire (Not Game Fish)
    May 2009
    4,834 Posts
    Here's hoping for a better story then the first.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,183 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    11,053 Posts
    I'd rather they worked with Valve again and made an Opposing Force 2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12Informative Informative x 7Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,002 Posts
    Oh god yes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Pakistan Show Events

35. Post #35
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,817 Posts
    shields
    My guess is that he's talking about some sort of accessories similar to the Class Mods. In the first Borderlands we've got the weapons slots, the Shield slot, the Grenade Mod slot, and the COM (Class Mod) slot. I guess that most would feel that's kind of enough player modification, but if you look at other action RPG-style games like Diablo and Elder Scrolls there are MANY slots that you put accessories in, like slots for Gloves, Boots, Helmets, etc, basically the equipment-based Armour system present in many video games. Even STALKER had the Artifact Belt where you put the weird thingimajigs the Zone spits out every now and again.

Whether or not Borderlands would work well with wearing multiple Accessories or stat-altering Artifacts is not a question I have the answer to, although it would allow for more customisation.

Also, would using Artifacts to augment certain skills other than the Action Skill be viable? And on that subject, would multiple Action Skills for a character be cool or overpowered?

I should boot up my old copy again...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

36. Post #36
    July 2010
    3,963 Posts
    Not surprised tbh, CEO or someone else said that BL2 is no-brainer after the sales that 1st one got.

But, bleh, so long to wait :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,030 Posts
    Hopefully the ending is rewarding this time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

38. Post #38
    March 2010
    793 Posts
    lets hope that it fixes that weird cliffhanger but not because you killed the anti climatic as fucking hell boss because SPOILER: the vault is like a weird portal to a different dimension
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

39. Post #39
    I hate you.
    April 2010
    2,087 Posts
    It would be cool if we got airplanes in this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,055 Posts
    [h2]GREETINGS TRAVELLERS.[/h2]

I can't wait for more Claptrap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 17Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)