1. Post #1
    June 2011
    610 Posts
    Hey guys, I have an awesome neighbor who gave me and my brother a bunch of old models from the 50's to 80's. Most are from an old models company called "Aurora". The company closed down and no longer produces these any more, they are pretty cool a bunch of planes, ships, and cars. There's one Tank too!

Here they are, also I have some battleships and subs

Nice model T here

Here's my Panther Tank(I don't have any decals they are too old to use)

UPDATED

added weathering on fuselage, 2 decals work
    My Messerschmitt Bf 109, no decals

Here's the Albatross, WW1 Biplane

And here's my bro's Zero, I have no idea how his decals worked, mine disinigrated

So I hope this got some people into modeling it's really fucking cool, especially how you can paint what ever the fuck you want on it.

The next 2 I will be painting and building are the Sopwith Camel

And the Supermarine Spitfire

Tell me what paint scheme I should use for them, because I can't decide

FUCK YOU GYAZO

FUCK I LOST MY CAMERA

FUCK
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner x 68Optimistic x 2Artistic x 2Dumb x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    June 2010
    1,561 Posts
    wow, if they are from the 50's and 80's then they have probably become valuable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 26 (list)

3. Post #3
    June 2011
    610 Posts
    wow, if they are from the 50's and 80's then they have probably become valuable.
    The one's that are over 50 bucks I leave alone, but the 10-50$ range are fair game.
    Also it you be a dick move to sell them when my neighbor gave them to us

Edited:

I'll wait until he is dead
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 126Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    May 2010
    772 Posts
    Oh wow those look great!

Do you happen to have any pictures of the H-19 Rescue? Those things are awesome.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    3,379 Posts
    The one's that are over 50 bucks I leave alone, but the 10-50$ range are fair game.
    Also it you be a dick move to sell them when my neighbor gave them to us

Edited:

I'll wait until he is dead
    Nicely said my friend.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16Useful Useful x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    June 2011
    610 Posts
    Oh wow those look great!

Do you happen to have any pictures of the H-19 Rescue? Those things are awesome.
    Building it tomorrow actually, I'l post pictures, my bro finished his H-25 Picheski.

It's really detailed with a cockpit and pilots
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    7,239 Posts
    Not bad.

Now try painting one of these bad boys:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15Zing Zing x 5Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #8
    June 2011
    610 Posts
    Not bad.

Now try painting one of these bad boys:
    I always wanted to do Warhammer shit, I never got into it, also I don't want to be one of those guys in their basement either
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 39Funny Funny x 6 (list)

9. Post #9
    January 2010
    2,718 Posts
    You should take a look at Flames of War, it is a wargame like Warhammer, and you still assemble and paint the miniatures yourself.
    http://www.flamesofwar.com/

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,925 Posts
    My grandpa gave me some of these years ago, and I bought one at one point. He gave me a German Half Track, a USS Forrestal Aircraft Carrier, and a Shelby Series 1 car. I bought a '66 Malibu SS. I have all the paint, tools, and stuff but I never put one of these together. Maybe that can be a little project later this year or next year.

11. Post #11

August 2011
    14 Posts
    Ha thats my zero

Edited:

He must have been mistaken because the models are from 1945 ish to about 1963 ish.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    9,289 Posts
    those models could do with being washed and some weathering laid down on them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

13. Post #13
    August 2007
    694 Posts
    I did several models when I was younger like a Sopwith Camel and a few tanks.

Recently though I have acquired a MiG21 kit that was made in Czechoslovakia in the 80s. I don't know if I should build it or not, I'm not a very good painter.

14. Post #14
    April 2010
    698 Posts
    Am i the only terrible at assembling them together?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    intercontinental mexican sausage filler
    October 2009
    2,589 Posts
    i remember my adventure with these models

http://www.facepunch.com/threads/894...-Airfix-models.

aw the image is broken
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    #420 PRAISE IT
    Dennab
    May 2010
    6,280 Posts
    Really nice collection of Old Scale Models you got there!, there probably quite valuable if I was you i'd keep some in the box.

Sort off topic but i'd thought id share one of my models

lol...............
    Sorry for all the shit on my desk, heres my jagdpanther tank, not completely painted by just me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 9 (list)

17. Post #17
    April 2009
    656 Posts
    I love putting the parts together till the whole model is finished, but i hate the part where i have to paint the thing, cus i suck at painting D:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Indonesia Show Events Agree Agree x 18Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,201 Posts
    That's an awesome Panther D in the OP.
    Jenkins, where did you buy the Jagdpanther? It looks awesome with it's Zimmerit coating.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    #420 PRAISE IT
    Dennab
    May 2010
    6,280 Posts
    That's an awesome Panther D in the OP.
    Jenkins, where did you buy the Jagdpanther? It looks awesome with it's Zimmerit coating.
    Hobby shop In perth forgot what its called but I believe its a local business, also Sorry but I don't remember the brand....

20. Post #20
    June 2011
    610 Posts
    Really nice collection of Old Scale Models you got there!, there probably quite valuable if I was you i'd keep some in the box.

Sort off topic but i'd thought id share one of my models

lol...............
    Sorry for all the shit on my desk, heres my jagdpanther tank, not completely painted by just me.
    Thats badass, what did you use Enamel, air brush, acrylic?

Edited:

those models could do with being washed and some weathering laid down on them.
    You are right, I'm just low on supplies as of now

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    9,449 Posts
    Oh man, gotta find my own models...

22. Post #22
    August 2009
    7,895 Posts
    I tried to make a model airplane once, because i would love to paint it, i love painting small toys like that.

but in the end all i got put together was the fuselage before i got pissed because of the tail wings wouldn't stay on so i abandoned it.

I would probably do better painting W40K models (heavens no i wont try to play the game, i just like painting models) because they don't have to be assembled as much as model planes

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,199 Posts
    The only thing I used to build was model cars and boats. I trashed them a long time ago, then I went though the phase of building rockets (the ones you can launch) I think I lost at least 5 of them. I think 3 are orbiting the planet at the moment, one of them simply made it a few feet in the air and blew up and the other one was descending back to the ground and before I could get to it some asshole stole it and ran off with it.

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    5,582 Posts
    My history teacher from high school (this one), who was turned into an English teacher because he taught out of the norm and also taught all the bad and morbid stuff they tend not to talk about in history, used to have his room filled with flags and model planes hanging everywhere and little battle reenactments with toy soldiers and model tanks and vehicles, and he had hanging florescent lights that he had battleships and submarine models on...

Twas awesome. At the end of the year he gave some away.

25. Post #25

July 2011
    20 Posts
    wow, thats good news.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    2,000 Posts
    This is the best scale model that I've ever seen.
    1:1 Scale Airfix Spitfire.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 45Agree Agree x 10Winner Winner x 3 (list)

27. Post #27
    June 2011
    610 Posts
    This is the best scale model that I've ever seen.
    1:1 Scale Airfix Spitfire.
    jesus, how would you hold the pieces in place

Put [/img] at the end of it too

Also I didn't do the H-19 yet I just put a wash on the tank and Messerschmitt

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,169 Posts
    Oh God, finally a miniature/scale model thread. I have to get a camera.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Not a very good Member
    January 2010
    2,398 Posts
    When I was like 8, my parents thought I was playing too many video games, so they bought me a whole bunch of WW2 model trucks, tanks and planes to assemble, it was fun when Dad and I were making them but it just made me want to play WW2 games.

I miss my model Pershing.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    9,289 Posts
    Desolategrunt, if you have/can borrow/can get and airbrush you can get some fantastic weathering effects.

31. Post #31
    Has volunteered for dissection because the doctor is cute
    May 2009
    20,026 Posts
    Everywhere I go sells Battleships, Cars, or Planes.

Do they even make Plastic model kits of trains? I know ive seen like 3 at a store which has closed down now, but Id like to buy some.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    2,000 Posts
    jesus, how would you hold the pieces in place

Put [/img] at the end of it too

Also I didn't do the H-19 yet I just put a wash on the tank and Messerschmitt
    It's from James May's toy stories. But it was epic. He got a bunch of school kids to put it together, trying to ignite the near dead love of modelling.
    It's made from fiber glass. The company that May got to make them with were skeptical that it was capable of being done. But they managed sort of. It was a bit flimsy in places. may got a model done of himself that sits in the cockpit and it's now in an air museum in Britain.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 5Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,071 Posts
    Everywhere I go sells Battleships, Cars, or Planes.

Do they even make Plastic model kits of trains? I know ive seen like 3 at a store which has closed down now, but Id like to buy some.
    Model train kits? As in locos that don't work/are actual models? I've seen VERY few

34. Post #34
    Has volunteered for dissection because the doctor is cute
    May 2009
    20,026 Posts
    Yeah, which sucks. I could buy actual working trains and just make them static models, but its way too expensive.

I wish there were more plastic model trains.

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,432 Posts
    Holy fuck, I didn't even know anyone ever made plastic models of the XFY-1!

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,717 Posts
    This reminds me, I got LOADS of unpainted WWI models lying around, along with a 1/32 size Sherman in my closet.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    4,415 Posts

lol...............

I like the Forces of Valor models too. I have a shitload of them in a box in my closet somewhere

38. Post #38
    June 2011
    610 Posts
    Alright I started assembling the H-19, and I need you guys to decide what color scheme it should be. I'm not to fond of the plain silver.

I like this marine version from the Korean War,

but it's a different version of the h-19,

You guys decide
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10 (list)

39. Post #39
    your all nerdes
    November 2007
    13,701 Posts
    facepunch color scheme

with fucktons of weathering
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

40. Post #40
    June 2011
    610 Posts
    facepunch color scheme

with fucktons of weathering
    I NEED FP DECALS!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)