1. Post #81
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    9,554 Posts
    What kind of aircraft is that?
    A Model one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Zing Zing x 9Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

2. Post #82
    Fat & Ugly
    October 2009
    789 Posts
    Do you guys build them first then paint or paint then build?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #83
    your all nerdes
    November 2007
    13,989 Posts
    Depends if they have detailed interiors and/or fucktons of crevices and shit

4. Post #84
    May 2010
    3,734 Posts
    What kind of aircraft is that?
    Boeing 2707 SST.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #85
    June 2011
    610 Posts
    Painting before building is usually what I do, unless it is a plane, I put the body and the wings on so I can match the camo and details

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,527 Posts
    Painting before building is usually what I do, unless it is a plane, I put the body and the wings on so I can match the camo and details
    Since I only build Planes and the occasional Warship, I paint the basic Camo before assembly and touch everything up afterward.

7. Post #87
    October 2008
    653 Posts
    I always build first and then paint.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #88
    June 2011
    610 Posts
    I always build first and then paint.
    I fucked up big time on my albatross because of that, I had to paint it over again 3 times because of the sloppy job I did, It's impossible to paint the small details between pieces if it's already built

And the h-19 will be painted silver, because the enamel paints are horrible on the specific model, the plastic is covered in some weird shit that only bonds to the companies acrylic.

9. Post #89
    July 2007
    436 Posts
    Nobody probably gives a shit, but here is a 1970 Mustang I built. I took my time on each little thing and it took me a few weeks to finish. I painted it myself and even clear coated over all of the decals.. Keep in mind these pictures are from before it was done. Since then I have added the side mirrors and painted all the trim and door handles. The paint absolutely pops in the sun and is super nice...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 15Artistic Artistic x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    I was nice to a hobo once and he bought me this title
    May 2010
    5,931 Posts
    I have a Huey under my desk that I really need to finish.

I think I'll do some in the morning, then hopefully have it painted by tomorrow at this time.

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,591 Posts
    Where do you guys get your Warhammer models to paint from? there is that games workshop around here but it's really expensive.

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    9,554 Posts
    Local (Non GW ) Hobby Stores or the internet. though even then they're kinda expensive.

13. Post #93
    August 2009
    8,243 Posts
    I was making a P-61 with my grandpa, but ever since he died, it won't be the same :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 10 (list)

14. Post #94
    October 2008
    653 Posts

Bought this, not my picture.
    I wouldnt rape a model box.

15. Post #95
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    16,622 Posts
    my friends dad assembles and paints model planes to fucking impeccable quality and then sells them. they look awesome
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #96
    June 2011
    610 Posts

Bought this, not my picture.
    I wouldnt rape a model box.
    Panzer vs. Panther
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

17. Post #97
    your all nerdes
    November 2007
    13,989 Posts
    heh pz4d

I would buy a Pz4H with schurzen if I could find one locally

18. Post #98
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,571 Posts
    I've always wondered what's the diffrence between enamel and acrylic paints?
    I have always used acrylics, GW ones and Vallejo.
    Acrylic are water based while enamel are oil based. What that means is that acrylic can't be painted over enamel, enamel won't come off brushes/figures without use of a solvent like white spirit, enamel tends to have a glossy finish and I think enamel is longer lasting due to it's oil base however that's not really a worry as I've had acrylic figures stored for years and the paints been fine that and you can apply a matt varnish over the top which will give long lasting protection if you need it.

I've got plenty of figured but cameras always disagree with me when trying to photograph them so I can't show them. (yes I know about macro mode etc)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #99
    December 2007
    1,205 Posts
    Theres a half completed, unpainted TA-183 next to me.

I have a stupidly large stack of unmade kits.

20. Post #100
    June 2011
    610 Posts
    Theres a half completed, unpainted TA-183 next to me.

I have a stupidly large stack of unmade kits.
    post the kits and finish them, don't let them sit there unfinished

21. Post #101
    October 2008
    653 Posts
    Well, assembled and undercoated.

The tank crew guy was from a separate set, Tamiya german tank crew at rest.
    I am waiting for the paints to paint the main body of the tank arrive, ordered 'em a few days ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 10Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #102
    February 2011
    920 Posts
    I have about 12 planes/helis hanging right above me on fishing line. Might take a few pics tomorrow, but they're dusty as fuck and most of them are really badly painted.

23. Post #103
    February 2009
    1,294 Posts
    I tried this once.

It failed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #104
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    9,770 Posts
    Here's some of mine, only the best looking.
    Sorry for the shitty quality.
    And yes, I know the Titanic one has missing chimneys.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #105
    March 2010
    84 Posts
    Only good pic of anything I did.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #106
    December 2009
    1,498 Posts
    I've been wanting to paint make and paint a Tiger for a while now and finally decided on this.

It's a 1/35 initial production Tiger from Dragon Models USA. Seemed like the best detail and materials wise of the 1/35 Tigers that were on Amazon. Also had the best pictures. The Jagdpanther they make also looks amazing. I had a hard time choosing between the two.

http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Models-...3378639&sr=8-5

Should be here on Tuesday, I'm excited.

27. Post #107
    Has volunteered for dissection because the doctor is cute
    May 2009
    20,227 Posts
    Ive been browsing a few sites, ebay and some australian model sites, and they have plenty of very nice models, but I cant decide what I want. I would love to get a car model, but then I see a nice looking ship model, or a helicopter.

Usually mine turn out shit anyway. I rarely take the time to actually paint them well.

28. Post #108
    DID I MENTION I PLAY BANJO
    July 2010
    7,502 Posts
    Do model trains count?

These are amazing, not mine though.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Winner Winner x 2 (list)

29. Post #109
    #420 PRAISE IT
    May 2010
    6,463 Posts
    So in this thread do we post our models?, if so I think this should be moved to arts section possibly?

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,066 Posts
    I have this in my basement sorry I only have videos of it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10 (list)

31. Post #111
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,186 Posts
    I have this in my basement sorry I only have videos of it
    Are you kidding me, you lucky bastard I wish I had the room!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,066 Posts
    Are you kidding me, you lucky bastard I wish I had the room!
    haha I love it especialy when I was younger and just played army men down there ah who am I kidding I still play with army men.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #113
    October 2008
    653 Posts
    I've been wanting to paint make and paint a Tiger for a while now and finally decided on this.

It's a 1/35 initial production Tiger from Dragon Models USA. Seemed like the best detail and materials wise of the 1/35 Tigers that were on Amazon. Also had the best pictures. The Jagdpanther they make also looks amazing. I had a hard time choosing between the two.

http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Models-...3378639&sr=8-5

Should be here on Tuesday, I'm excited.
    Is this your first model, or are you a veteran to military models?

34. Post #114
    June 2011
    610 Posts
    I repainted the Albatross, almost finished and I am using the Jasta 18's scheme

I'm holding off on the H-19

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    1,035 Posts
    heh pz4d

I would buy a Pz4H with schurzen if I could find one locally
    That reminds me i saw the Academy 35 scale Panzer IV whit schurzen on sale for like 19 dollars.
    I tough abaut that but i went kinda mad whit the DOSH i had so i bought the freaking 35 tiger instead
    the academy one whit the full interior and other shit. i have been working on it for 5 days now and i aint even halfway done whit the inside atleast it was worth the 39 dollars in my eyes.

36. Post #116
    Hi, my name is mastermaul, and I'm a butt.
    January 2008
    8,379 Posts
    I used to be into modeling, I enjoyed it but it's hard for me. I'm utter shit with glue and paint because of my shaky hands.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #117
    your all nerdes
    November 2007
    13,989 Posts
    That reminds me i saw the Academy 35 scale Panzer IV whit schurzen on sale for like 19 dollars.
    I tough abaut that but i went kinda mad whit the DOSH i had so i bought the freaking 35 tiger instead
    the academy one whit the full interior and other shit. i have been working on it for 5 days now and i aint even halfway done whit the inside atleast it was worth the 39 dollars in my eyes.
    a dragon e100 would be so cash

38. Post #118
    HUGE NERD
    November 2007
    6,304 Posts
    I tried making an F4 Phantom, but I suck at controlling my fine motor skills, so I just buy these

I have like 25 of them on my shelf being cool.

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    2,175 Posts
    No love for gunpla or other giant robot kits?

I am saddened.

Too bad I had to leave all my gunpla building stuff at home when we got evicted. Only kit I managed to save was a Zaku 2.0 that isn't even painted. :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #120
    June 2011
    610 Posts
    No love for gunpla or other giant robot kits?

I am saddened.

Too bad I had to leave all my gunpla building stuff at home when we got evicted. Only kit I managed to save was a Zaku 2.0 that isn't even painted. :/
    what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)