1. Post #161
    October 2008
    681 Posts
    Finished mah first 1:35 tank

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Estonia Show Events Winner Winner x 6Artistic Artistic x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #162
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    1,518 Posts
    What is that tank's name?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

3. Post #163
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,401 Posts
    The M60 i'm making is annoying me now, there's a piece that won't fit NO MATTER what i do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #164
    October 2008
    681 Posts
    What is that tank's name?
    Panzer IV Ausf. D
    The last of the 140 Ausf. Cs was produced in August 1939, and production changed to the Ausf. D; this variant, of which 248 vehicles were produced, reintroduced the hull machine gun and changed the turret's internal gun mantlet to an external one. Again protection was upgraded, this time by increasing side armor to 20 mm (0.79 in). As the German invasion of Poland in September 1939 came to an end, it was decided to scale up production of the Panzer IV, which was adopted for general use on 27 September 1939 as the Sonderkraftfahrzeug 161 (Sd.Kfz. 161).
    In response to the difficulty of penetrating British Matilda Infantry tanks during the Battle of France, the Germans had tested a 50 mm (1.97 in) gunóbased on the 5 cm PaK 38 L/60 anti-tank gunóon a Panzer IV Ausf. D. However, with the rapid German victory in France, the original order of 80 tanks was canceled before they entered production.
    Wiki copy-paste, but it should explain a lot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Estonia Show Events Informative Informative x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

5. Post #165
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,229 Posts
    Sweet Jesus, I don't have a link on this computer, but I've hit a goddamn gold mine.

Apparently this guy's dad passed away, and he's selling all of his fathers untouched model kits starting at $0.99 each.

Loads of 1/700 ships, 1/35 vehicles.

Edited:

Looking back I feel bad about all of the drooling I did.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #166
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    9,983 Posts
    Sweet Jesus, I don't have a link on this computer, but I've hit a goddamn gold mine.

Apparently this guy's dad passed away, and he's selling all of his fathers untouched model kits starting at $0.99 each.

Edited:

BUY THEM ALL!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #167
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,884 Posts
    The first model I ever built was a snowspeeder kit my uncle gave me for Christmas. The paintjob came out awful, but i stuck with it and started building model airplanes. I eventually won $25 a contest in my JROTC class.    I was the only entry.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

8. Post #168
    March 2010
    535 Posts
    I have some of these lying around my house some where. I took them from some girls house.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

9. Post #169
    June 2011
    610 Posts

Edited:

pm asap jesus please

10. Post #170
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    1,518 Posts

Edited:

Buy cheap, get them appraised, sell high. If they're not worth that much, just sell em here XD

11. Post #171
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,449 Posts
    Only models I ever made were Zoids when I was younger. Pretty sure a lot of them came pre-painted, though, so that's half the work already done.

Oh man, I had that. Was that the action figure type thing that came with the pilot in the cockpit and made the noises?

Anyway, might go and get a 1/72 King Tiger. I painted some WH40k models before, but that was like... six years ago. (And dumped lods of emone into buying said models and never painting them)

12. Post #172
    October 2008
    681 Posts

Bought this tank today, for like 12 euro.
    I will name the tank commander Luigi.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

13. Post #173
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,229 Posts
    So I'm the leading bidder on several of the models, a few of them jumped beyond my (college student) price range.

Edited:

After the bidding on my models is done I'll link you guys to the seller, he's sold several of them already.

14. Post #174
    Hi, my name is mastermaul, and I'm a butt.
    January 2008
    8,392 Posts
    I think I might get into miniatures again.

Maybe.

If I can be assed.

I want to do some historicals and maybe enter in a contest coming up in October.

15. Post #175
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,229 Posts
    Lost all of the Ebay auctions

:saddowns:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #176
    January 2008
    8,392 Posts
    I've been looking at 10mm, mostly because I find the scale/detail ratio amazing:

(Not mine.)

I'd be more motivated if I had someone to play with though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

17. Post #177
    October 2008
    681 Posts
    Holy shit dude, what is the name of the game called?
    The scale is 1:100 right?

18. Post #178
    January 2008
    8,392 Posts
    They're 10mm, it's a wargaming scale.

I think that translates almost (but not quite) into 1:144.

I have no idea what game he's playing with them; a lot of games are cross-compatible between scales. They're WWI late-war German Stosstruppen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #179
    Master Captain
    August 2010
    2,049 Posts
    Fucking gyazo...

20. Post #180
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    5,075 Posts
    When my parents split up my dad got a B-25 for us to do, we only got as far as gluing the pilots in the seats before he decided to trash it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

21. Post #181
    May 2011
    3,068 Posts
    I'm going to get two trailers full of models and model engines when my grandpa kicks the bucket.

22. Post #182
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,227 Posts
    They're 10mm, it's a wargaming scale.

I think that translates almost (but not quite) into 1:144.

I have no idea what game he's playing with them; a lot of games are cross-compatible between scales. They're WWI late-war German Stosstruppen.

I recently purchased some WWII German 10mms, and I can strongly recommend them as an interesting scale both for modeling, painting, and potential wargaming. Pendraken 10mms are the brand I bought, got around 50 men and 2 halftracks for 20$.

23. Post #183
    October 2008
    681 Posts
    Heh, I am myself playing Flames of War, which should be 1:100 with 15mm miniatures, for such a small scale, they are detailed rather great, and I recommend them for the modeler and the wargamer. Altough they aren't cheap, they are worth all the money you waste on 'em.

Edited:

Just assembled my Carro

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Estonia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #184
    January 2008
    8,392 Posts
    Heh, I am myself playing Flames of War, which should be 1:100 with 15mm miniatures, for such a small scale, they are detailed rather great, and I recommend them for the modeler and the wargamer. Altough they aren't cheap, they are worth all the money you waste on 'em.
    Pendraken 10mm is pretty cheap, something like 30 infantry/2 heavy guns/1 tank for $4-5 each.

25. Post #185
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,227 Posts
    20 Infantry for 5$, or Two/Three guns, or one vehicle.

26. Post #186
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
    November 2010
    4,240 Posts
    Oh man, I used to play Flames of War. Had a couple platoons of Aussies and 3 Matilda II tanks. Good times, good times.

27. Post #187
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,956 Posts
    yum

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #188
    October 2008
    681 Posts
    That formula is awesome

29. Post #189
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,401 Posts
    Realised i have alot of stuff to make.

1:35 M60 tank
    Airfix VE day set (1:76 Battleshop, Spitfire, Hurricaine, Churchill, Fireengine/crew)
    1:35 AH-64 apache helicopter
    Atleast 2 Jets
    1:35 Victorian Firengine
    Some sort of 1:76 car

30. Post #190
    $1 TITLE!
    December 2007
    3,749 Posts
    I had some model cars once, but I over done it with the glue and it melted the plastic quite a lot :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #191
    December 2007
    1,205 Posts
    Realised i have alot of stuff to make.

1:35 M60 tank
    Airfix VE day set (1:76 Battleshop, Spitfire, Hurricaine, Churchill, Fireengine/crew)
    1:35 AH-64 apache helicopter
    Atleast 2 Jets
    1:35 Victorian Firengine
    Some sort of 1:76 car
    Don't feel too bad, I still have to make about 25ish kits. All aircraft in 1:72.

32. Post #192
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    6,268 Posts
    This thread won't die I'll update it tommrow!

Edited:

Here's the albatross DIII I was working on before summer ended, never got around to decal it. It's using the Jasta 18's scheme

Edited:

As you can see there is a fine layer of dust

33. Post #193
    September 2011
    154 Posts
    brb posting 1:400 plane fetish

34. Post #194
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    1,055 Posts
    I went to my grandmother today and met my half brother there today he told me he recently had been cleaning their basement when he found some old kits of my dad when he was still 22. He brougt me one today and told me to come over to grab the rest of them someday.

http://puertoriconet.com/models/civ.htm its the Tu-144 jet my dad mentioned he had a few others from this website aswell when i showed him it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Estonia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #195
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,238 Posts
    Bringin' this thread back to life.

+ a 1/48 B17. Should be here in a few days.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

36. Post #196
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,229 Posts
    Bringin' this thread back to life.

+ a 1/48 B17. Should be here in a few days.
    Jesus, I thought you had purchased ALL of those

...did you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #197
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,238 Posts
    Jesus, I thought you had purchased ALL of those

...did you?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 13Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #198
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,425 Posts
    I was looking into this stuff a while ago, any good Canadian retailers for WWII stuff?

39. Post #199
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,238 Posts
    I was looking into this stuff a while ago, any good Canadian retailers for WWII stuff?
    http://www.greathobbies.com/search/r...ch&srchcat=PKA

40. Post #200
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    338 Posts
    My cousins dad is a great model collector and his brother has built 412 tanks in 1:72 scale. It's fucking incredible he has a whole wall filled with tanks. I wish i had a picture to show you guys
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)