1. Post #161
    You're Gonna Carry That Weight.
    June 2008
    7,181 Posts
    So it's like "We demand justice for the crimes committed by the cops" *Proceeds to loop shops owned by innocent citizens*
    Police prevent people from looting shops "See, they are brutal we done nothing wrong"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #162
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,013 Posts
    greedo shot first
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #163
    June 2008
    7,181 Posts
    According to radio news, someone has just been stabbed. According to personal news, my dad has decided to go and check on my cousin's house in enfield (they're in portugal)

4. Post #164
    Proudly supporting the JIDF
    Dennab
    July 2010
    22,111 Posts
    According to radio news, someone has just been stabbed. According to personal news, my dad has decided to go and check on my cousin's house in enfield (they're in portugal)
    I support the police more the more the rioters act like assholes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

5. Post #165
    February 2010
    16,187 Posts
    Apparently this could affect the Spurs match next week, not confirmed though.

Daily Mail posted:
    Tottenham must wait to hear if the club’s Premier League kick-off at home to Everton on Saturday will be postponed after riots in the area.
    White Hart Lane is less than a mile from Tottenham Police Station, where around 300 people gathered from 5.30pm on Saturday to protest over the fatal shooting of Mark Duggan, 29.

6. Post #166
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    21,985 Posts
    So it's like:
    "We demand justice for the crimes committed by the cops"
    *Proceeds to loot shops owned by innocent citizens*
    More like "We demand justice that may or may not be necessary for the potential crimes that may or may not have been committed by the cops"

7. Post #167
    Jsm
    "Belgium is pretty much a non-country"
    June 2006
    7,876 Posts
    Are you fucking kidding me? Look at it, it's gonna collapse if you so much as wink at it!
    This is sad beyond belief.
    Some person on the news who lives (lived?) in it said that all the floors inside have gone and its just a massive shell now.

8. Post #168
    Click here for instant Gumby.
    November 2010
    4,444 Posts
    Sky news just said that the bullet found in the police officer's radio, was police issue, so I don't know what to think at the moment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #169
    June 2008
    7,181 Posts
    Dad's back, says that there were gangs everywhere he looked.

10. Post #170
    August 2009
    8,132 Posts
    Sky news just said that the bullet found in the police officer's radio, was police issue, so I don't know what to think at the moment.
    Police issue bullet? What type of weapons would a police officer normally carry?

11. Post #171
    November 2010
    4,444 Posts
    Dad's back, says that there were gangs everywhere he looked.
    How's your cousin's house?

12. Post #172
    June 2008
    7,181 Posts
    How's your cousin's house?
    It's fine, all the bad stuff is happening just on the other side of enfield

13. Post #173
    November 2010
    4,444 Posts
    It's fine, all the bad stuff is happening just on the other side of enfield
    That's good to hear then....Just a shame about the Krispy Kreme.

14. Post #174
    June 2008
    7,181 Posts
    This is a good twitter feed to keep an eye on:
    http://twitter.com/#!/PaulLewis

15. Post #175
    Jsm
    June 2006
    7,876 Posts
    That could mean anything, I haven't kept up on what the armed police in London carry but I assume they use 9mm pistols which I would further assume aren't that hard to get hold of so I think this is just sky news being terrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #176
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,700 Posts
    That could mean anything, I haven't kept up on what the armed police in London carry but I assume they use 9mm pistols which I would further assume aren't that hard to get hold of so I think this is just sky news being terrible.
    Maybe the police have to use specific ammo, like NATO have NATO rounds

17. Post #177
    September 2010
    1,025 Posts
    Maybe the police have to use specific ammo, like NATO have NATO rounds
    9mm/45acp are the standard NATO/Military/Police round so i'd assume that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #178
    June 2010
    6,145 Posts
    Depends on the department's constable (or some other high-rank official) but they are generally 9mm pistols (glock 17s, 26s or the Sig Sauer P226) for the armed officers. Also, armed officers may carry tasers. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UK_police_firearms)

19. Post #179
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    12,243 Posts
    Depends on the department's constable (or some other high-rank official) but they are generally 9mm pistols (glock 17s, 26s or the Sig Sauer P226) for the armed officers. Also, armed officers may carry tasers. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UK_police_firearms)
    I've only seen them once or twice but from what i saw both times they were using a MP5

20. Post #180
    June 2010
    6,145 Posts
    Oh yeah, I was just referring to the pistols. It's generally the MP5.

21. Post #181
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    3,914 Posts
    Oh motherfuck, I'll be living there this year.
    Hey, property will be cheap!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

22. Post #182
    June 2008
    7,181 Posts
    Hey, property will be free
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

23. Post #183
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,048 Posts
    I have yet to see hordes of Chinese or Polish youths stab someone to death because they live in a different postcode or they showed apparent 'disrespect'.
    Trust me, it gangs in general. You'll also find it in white English gangs, Mexican gangs, Italian gangs, Somalian gangs, Japanese gangs and pretty much every other country. Gangs do this shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #184
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,456 Posts
    These riots are getting wild. First Tottenham, then Enfield and Brixton. There is talk of coming to riot westfield but no one seems brave enough to try and riot in west.

25. Post #185
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    12,243 Posts
    These riots are getting wild. First Tottenham, then Enfield and Brixton. There is talk of coming to riot westfield but no one seems brave enough to try and riot in west.
    They won't touch the west, the'd be cut off as soon as they entered.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #186
    Insensitive Jackass
    June 2011
    1,945 Posts
    Fucking ghetto chavs everywhere. Shitting themselves when the cop comes. Pathetic and sad.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f15_1312678408
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #187
    June 2009
    1,822 Posts
    Fucking ghetto chavs everywhere. Shitting themselves when the cop comes. Pathetic and sad.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f15_1312678408
    Pathetic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #188
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,456 Posts
    I saw a video of rioters lining up just too steal from JD.

Also I saw one where they we're trying on the shoes before stealing them.

29. Post #189
    Insensitive Jackass
    June 2011
    1,945 Posts
    It's pretty funny if you go to Mark Duggan "defend groups" you will find names like, Chris'tedz Poole, Durelle Ching, Chloe Charliejaydee Gee, Bianca Suarve Lopez, Gwenn Magiikal Boss, Chris'tedz Poole.

I didn't know the uk had ghetto names.

30. Post #190
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,597 Posts
    Wow so a bunch of Tottenhamers are shitting their pants because a guy got killed?

Bloody hell, Tottenham stop being dumbfucks.

31. Post #191
    I once watched a girl get eaten by a horse and it was bad
    December 2008
    5,644 Posts
    I just watched Tottenham play a football match, they were on fire!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 5Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #192
    October 2009
    804 Posts
    What are the idiots rioting over? Justice?

Man shoots at police, police shoots back, man dies. Fair enough.

Edited:

I've only seen them once or twice but from what i saw both times they were using a MP5
    I've seen them quite a few times, always with either an MP5 variant, or a G36/36C.

33. Post #193
    September 2010
    1,025 Posts
    I love the idea of this, It's now just one big, orkish, roving band of chaos and terror.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #194
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    17,625 Posts
    I say they just get a fuckton of Riot Shield wielding Policemen [Don't know what SWAT is in the UK], and just tear-gas the bastards. If they resist, flashbangs and firehoses. They keep resisting, club em' and cuff em'.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #195
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,456 Posts
    What are the idiots rioting over? Justice?

Man shoots at police, police shoots back, man dies. Fair enough.

Edited:

I've seen them quite a few times, always with either an MP5 variant, or a G36/36C.

But it was shown that the bullet fired was Police issued. So Mark didn't shoot him. Thus the riot started.

36. Post #196
    June 2008
    7,181 Posts
    I say they just get a fuckton of Riot Shield wielding Policemen [Don't know what SWAT is in the UK], and just tear-gas the bastards. If they resist, flashbangs and firehoses. They keep resisting, club em' and cuff em'.
    England is one of the only countries that doesn't use watercannons

Edited:

But it was shown that the bullet fired was Police issued. So Mark didn't shoot him. Thus the riot started.
    That was found out after the riots started

37. Post #197
    ~gay boi~
    July 2010
    14,179 Posts
    People from Tottenham realise they're from Tottenham.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #198
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,879 Posts
    That hasn't been confiremd yet. Leave it until the IPCC has conducted their investigation.

39. Post #199
    October 2009
    804 Posts
    Ahh I see, thanks for informing me on that one. Although is that confirmed?

Still though, what was the guy doing walking around with a gun?

40. Post #200
    Jsm
    June 2006
    7,876 Posts
    Teargas is not used in the UK, nor are stun grenades / flashbangs which IMO is part of the problem. I honestly don't see how you can stop a riot without riot control equipment.

Edited:

As I said earlier (in another thread maybe) that doesn't mean anything, especially as the report came from Sky news.
    "Police issue" could simply be the same calibre as police weapons.