1. Post #561
    January 2011
    635 Posts
    Is it calming down yet? Its peaceful where I am, for now.

2. Post #562
    Jsm
    "Belgium is pretty much a non-country"
    June 2006
    8,034 Posts
    http://twitter.com/#!/CarolineFW/sta...85722515808257

Haha, so true.

Edited:

Is it calming down yet?
    Not at all it seems.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #563
    December 2009
    2,031 Posts
    Also. Sky news was just talking to a man that had a family business since around the Victorian years and the building got burn'd down, and they couldn't say anything because they were so devastated...

These fucking kids should show a little respect...
    This is the bit that gets to me the most.
    Fair enough if you're burning bins and shit. But when you start burning innocent people's well earned possessions it gets fucking disrespectful.

I'm not fully for these riots, but neither am I against them. But I think when innocent people who don't want to be involved start getting their houses and cars burnt down, and even more so hurt, it gets disgusting.

I really don't know where I stand on these riots.

Edited:

Also, inb4 curfews and shit.

4. Post #564
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,459 Posts
    To be honest I'm morally bankrupt so I probably would loot if I was there, may as well take advantage of the situation as one person'll hardly make it worse.
    My friends already have stolen some iPods and Macbooks. Also one of my friends has a photo of tons of CD.

Off Topic: HMV was looted but Cher Lloyds Swagger Jagger was untouched.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

5. Post #565
    LIVE LIKE A WINDRAMMER AS YOU FUCK
    June 2010
    5,793 Posts
    This is the moment when the bus burst into flames (at least according to Twitter)

The explosion looks so fuzzy and furry. I just wanna pet it over and over.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #566
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,712 Posts
    Start a riot to get one.

Edited:

Just saw this posted on Garry's twitter feed, I laughed.

http://twitpic.com/633lsf

For muscles and shit, because he gonna need them in prison

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #567
    Jsm
    June 2006
    8,034 Posts
    Some more funny stuff from Twitter.
    http://twitpic.com/634n3z

I am liking the polar bear idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

8. Post #568
    June 2010
    6,262 Posts
    I really don't know where I stand on these riots.
    I don't even fully know what the riots are about, other than something linking them to a gunman who attacked a police officer and was shot.

9. Post #569
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    6,642 Posts
    To be honest I'm morally bankrupt so I probably would loot if I was there, may as well take advantage of the situation as one person'll hardly make it worse.
    You are a cunt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

10. Post #570
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,048 Posts
    Too long and smart for the Daily Mail. Also, it's nowhere near as racist as it would be for them. It'll end up something like...
    "GOLLYWOGS BLOW UP GLORIOUS LONDON"
    They could go for something simple like "NIGGERS" and and a picture of a single black rioter cropped out from a crowd
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #571
    intercontinental mexican sausage filler
    October 2009
    2,594 Posts
    well shit, wolverhampton and walsall are apparently being looted at the moment. both cities are 5-10 minutes away from me. i was meant to be going to the thinktank in birmingham tomorrow, but everythings fucked up now.

12. Post #572
    December 2009
    2,031 Posts
    I don't even know what the riots are about, other than something linking them to a gunman who attacked a police officer and was shot.
    That's how it started, then I guess it spread to a full on attack towards the government.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #573
    January 2011
    635 Posts
    The weatherman again!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #574
    Jsm
    June 2006
    8,034 Posts
    well shit, wolverhampton and walsall are apparently being looted at the moment. both cities are 5-10 minutes away from me. i was meant to be going to the thinktank in birmingham tomorrow, but everythings fucked up now.
    Blame Garry

15. Post #575
    June 2010
    6,262 Posts
    Well, if it spreads down here, all I have to worry about is the large number of OAPs in the area, and a high street consisting of charity shops.

I'm fucked...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #576
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,760 Posts
    You are a cunt.
    well yeah, I kind of thought the "morally bankrupt" part of my quote pretty much summed that up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

17. Post #577
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,309 Posts
    :(

Aaron Biber, 89, assesses the damage to his hairdressing salon after riots on Tottenham High Road on August 7, 2011. (Dan Kitwood/Getty Images)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 25Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #578
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,917 Posts
    They could go for something simple like "NIGGERS" and and a picture of a single black rioter cropped out from a crowd
    I wouldn't put it past them to be honest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #579
    Click here for instant Gumby.
    November 2010
    4,459 Posts
    I wish the news would report on what is going on at the Children's Hospital. I hear a lot of rumours, but nothing solid.

20. Post #580
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    11,863 Posts
    I was gonna go with that, but that seems like The Sun territory (See: "Gotcha" and "Did 1,200 Argies really drown?" headlines). Also, I was really paranoid of a racism ban.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #581
    October 2009
    1,510 Posts
    I wonder if this will spread to Liverpool.

Then again, if it does nothing will happen except high-pitched male teens screaming "FUCKING COME ON THEN" with their bandanas over their faces, wearing their trackies and dragging around their obese pitbulls.

22. Post #582
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,917 Posts
    Wow, fucking assholes. What can they possibly gain from a salon?

23. Post #583
    Jsm
    June 2006
    8,034 Posts
    I am not sure what the legality of embedding unreleased Getty images is so I will just link to it.

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/...ty-Images-News

Doesn't look like something you would expect from the UK at all to be honest.

(apart from the can in his hand).

24. Post #584
    October 2009
    846 Posts
    Those BASTARDS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

25. Post #585
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,712 Posts
    This makes me so damn sad now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

26. Post #586
    December 2009
    2,031 Posts

Then again, if it does nothing will happen except high-pitched male teens screaming "FUCKING COME ON THEN" with their bandanas over their faces, wearing their trackies and dragging around their obese pitbulls.
    Living in that area, I completely know what you're talking about, and agree.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #587
    HUGE NERD
    November 2007
    6,304 Posts
    It's times like this I miss Hezzy. We could use his insight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

28. Post #588
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,309 Posts
    Honestly though, the police should just charge all the rioters they see and beat the shit out of them/arrest them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Norway Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #589
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,712 Posts
    Honestly though, the police should just charge all the rioters they see and beat the shit out of them/arrest them.
    This will produce more violence, bigger rioting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #590
    HUGE NERD
    November 2007
    6,304 Posts
    I wish the news would report on what is going on at the Children's Hospital. I hear a lot of rumours, but nothing solid.
    What's happening?

31. Post #591
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,048 Posts
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/n...ham-riots.html

A police constable told the London Evening Standard that the youths at the centre of the violence may have been tempted to re-enact scenes from Rockstar's controversial gaming franchise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

32. Post #592
    Jsm
    June 2006
    8,034 Posts
    It's times like this I miss Hezzy. We could use his insight.
    It would be interesting to have the input of someone who actually does know what they are talking about.

33. Post #593
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,760 Posts
    What is the point? if you're mad at big business, attack the fucking HMV, what is there to gain in attacking a privately owned salon run by a local man, which hardly looks like it would have harbored anything expensive in the first place.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #594
    October 2009
    1,510 Posts
    Living in that area, I completely know what you're talking about, and agree.
    Your FB picture made me laugh due to our current conversation

35. Post #595
    Jsm
    June 2006
    8,034 Posts
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/n...ham-riots.html

A police constable told the London Evening Standard that the youths at the centre of the violence may have been tempted to re-enact scenes from Rockstar's controversial gaming franchise.
    If that was the case they would have 5 stars by now and would have been raped by a tank.

What a load of fucking bullshit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

36. Post #596
    intercontinental mexican sausage filler
    October 2009
    2,594 Posts
    do the police in this county have those slug pellet type guns?

like the hard rubber balls that hurt like fuck if they get shot at you.

37. Post #597
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,309 Posts
    This will produce more violence, bigger rioting.
    They should at least arrest as many as possible.

38. Post #598
    PROUD BRONY 4LYFE
    February 2009
    3,312 Posts
    You know what rumours are like, I bet it was originally "riots are only around the corner from a childrens hospital", and is now "rioters trash children hospital".

39. Post #599
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    690 Posts

The riots in the early 80's pretty much started there. If this has the power to spread to Birmingham I don't doubt it will.

Which is a real shame because I'm going there tomorrow to visit family overnight :ohdear:

40. Post #600
    December 2009
    2,031 Posts
    Your FB picture made me laugh due to our current conversation
    Haha, totally forgot. Maybe I can join in with them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)