1. Post #241
    January 2009
    755 Posts
    They just chased two policemen out of brixton, they left their car behind and now it's being turned over
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #242
    Jsm
    "Belgium is pretty much a non-country"
    June 2006
    7,919 Posts
    I can see smoke from finsbury park in the Lewisham direction, does anyone know which way the riots are moving?

i have a cricket bat and will defend my house from fucking looters if i have to.
    Sky news have some people in Lewisham so they might have some info, but I don't have the sound for Sky on at the moment so I don't know what they are saying.

3. Post #243
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,503 Posts
    I can see smoke from finsbury park in the Lewisham direction, does anyone know which way the riots are moving?

i have a cricket bat and will defend my house from fucking looters if i have to.
    Watch this and read the live updates http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14449675

4. Post #244
    Jsm
    June 2006
    7,919 Posts
    BBC have someone in Hackney right behind the police, they keep getting told to stop moving with the police.
    I think the police are trying to push people up the street.

5. Post #245
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,503 Posts
    According to the BBC, it could be moving up to Birmingham:

1948:
    Away from the capital, there are reports of a standoff between police and youths outside Birmingham's Pallasades Shopping Centre. That's close to the city's New Street railway station.

6. Post #246
    Jsm
    June 2006
    7,919 Posts
    Shooting in Leeds apparently as well, dunno if that is anything related to the disturbance.

7. Post #247
    January 2009
    755 Posts
    Shooting in Leeds apparently as well, dunno if that is anything related to the disturbance.
    No that's just normal leeds
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #248
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,950 Posts

Relevant.

I hope all you guys in London are ok
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #249
    Hi
    February 2010
    12,231 Posts

Hurray for multiculturalism.

10. Post #250
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,305 Posts
    Could this finally be the end of the United Kingdom's ANTI-AMERICAN reign of terror over its people and the world????
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

11. Post #251
    September 2010
    1,025 Posts
    In America if this shit happened it'd be under control in 10 minutes because American riot police deploys tear gas and snipers for jaywalking and littering
    Screw you. We luv a good foight!

12. Post #252
    June 2010
    6,197 Posts
    Nothing special down in the very south-east.
    Hythe somehow manages to be dull at all times. (though I'd sooner dull to stupid riots)

Funny thing is that London is only like 40 mins away by high-speed train...

13. Post #253
    Click here for instant Gumby.
    November 2010
    4,450 Posts
    According to the BBC, it could be moving up to Birmingham:
    Never before have I been glad to say...Thank god I'm in Birmingham.
    Not glad anymore.....Fortunately, it's a big place...just in the city center at the moment, hopefully doesn't come by me.

14. Post #254
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,395 Posts
    riots never work?

shows your education
    break into a book store, get textbooks and stuff. you learn from the books. BAM!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #255
    Click here for instant Gumby.
    November 2010
    4,450 Posts
    BBC again.
    1956:

Back in Birmingham, reports suggest people are smashing windows on a street between the Bullring Shopping Centre and the West Midlands Police HQ.

16. Post #256
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,305 Posts
    break into a book store, get textbooks and stuff. you learn from the books. BAM!
    Not a bad idea, if I had to loot a store to stay cool and edgy in today's turbulent youth culture I'd definitely take something that'd help me later in life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

17. Post #257
    March 2010
    2,435 Posts
    Send in the army, people will stop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

18. Post #258

August 2007
    29 Posts
    all they will get a 50 fine, this goverment is to soft, to many do gooders in this country..

oh u cant do that, its against their human rights.

i say jail them all and make them suffer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #259
    Jsm
    June 2006
    7,919 Posts
    By the looks of the BBC helicopter they are now looting an off licence in Hackney...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #260
    BOSSMAN
    January 2009
    4,448 Posts
    I'm sure the police are doing a great job, but surely the government could send out the army or something.

21. Post #261
    September 2010
    1,025 Posts
    Things like this are smart.

But we can't. David Cameron is such a snake he's cut countless soldiers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

22. Post #262
    Hi
    February 2010
    12,231 Posts
    It's the government's fault anyway for having such fucked up politics.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #263
    Jsm
    June 2006
    7,919 Posts
    I'm sure the police are doing a great job, but surely the government could send out the army or something.
    I think there's some legal issues with that. I don't think the job of policing can just be handed over to the army.
    Not to mention they probably aren't trained to police a riot, whereas (I hope) the police are.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #264
    March 2010
    2,435 Posts
    By the looks of the BBC helicopter they are now looting an off licence in Hackney...
    What on earth could they loot from there except stale milk
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #265
    September 2010
    1,025 Posts
    fucking hell birmingham.

wtfmankind.

26. Post #266
    BOSSMAN
    January 2009
    4,448 Posts
    Apparently Ilford in london is being looted and attacked now. I used to live there a few weeks ago.

27. Post #267
    January 2011
    629 Posts
    Its kind of scary because its moving closer to my area but I live near a flower shop and newsagent so I don't think anyone wants some flowers. I live in East Finchley.

28. Post #268
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,459 Posts
    Apparently Ilford in london is being looted and attacked now. I used to live there a few weeks ago.
    I feel sorry for the Corner shops that are going to be put out of business because of this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

29. Post #269
    Sour Grapes
    March 2007
    4,700 Posts
    Its kinda of scary because its moving closer to my area but I live near a flower shop and newsagent so I don't think anyone wants some flowers. I live in East Finchely.
    Finchley
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #270
    January 2011
    629 Posts
    They news is making BBM accounts because all the youths are sending broadcasts to each-other to plan it.

31. Post #271
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,459 Posts
    They news is making BBM accounts because all the youths are sending broadcasts to each-other to plan it.
    Blackberry said they are going to report those people to the police.

Everyone is Broadcasting to be aware. They're all speaking in like freaking morse code.

32. Post #272
    BOSSMAN
    January 2009
    4,448 Posts
    Its kind of scary because its moving closer to my area but I live near a flower shop and newsagent so I don't think anyone wants some flowers. I live in East Finchley.
    I hope nothing happens to you, it's gotta be really frightning.

33. Post #273
    January 2011
    629 Posts
    I hope nothing happens to you, it's gotta be really frightning.
    Well its quite far away still but a lot of my friends have heard that people might come to Muswell Hill which is near Finchley.

34. Post #274
    Jsm
    June 2006
    7,919 Posts
    Blackberry said they are going to report those people to the police.

Everyone is Broadcasting to be aware. They're all speaking in like freaking morse code.
    As someone who doesn't understand how BBM etc works, could you explain roughly how they are using it? Is it like instant messaging or are they sending messages to everyone in an area or something.

Edited:

Its moved to Croydon apparently, according to a Guardian reporter.

35. Post #275
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,503 Posts
    They can't send out the army, they are using riot control tactics, sending out the army would be if it was a terror alert. That's why there was such controversy over the G20 protests as police were told to use crowd control tactics and pushing protesters to the ground is not what they should have been doing

36. Post #276
    January 2011
    629 Posts
    As someone who doesn't understand how BBM etc works, could you explain roughly how they are using it? Is it like instant messaging or are they sending messages to everyone in an area or something.
    Its a much more simpler version of Facebook with a default picture, a chat system and a broadcast system. The broadcast system is you can send a message to everyone on your friends list.

37. Post #277
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,459 Posts

Edited:

Its moved to Croydon apparently, according to a Guardian reporter.
    It's just like MSN. But for Blackberrys.

38. Post #278
    Jsm
    June 2006
    7,919 Posts
    Its a much more simpler version of Facebook with a default picture, a chat system and a broadcast system. The broadcast system is you can send a message to everyone on your friends list.
    It's just like MSN. But for Blackberrys.

Ah that makes sense, thank you both.

39. Post #279
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    237 Posts
    Yeah Ilford has had some minor rioting.. police are expecting it to pick up after dark apparently. Here's two pictures off twitter.

http://lockerz.com/s/127833619
    http://lockerz.com/s/127820164

Twitter seems to be certain that the riots are heading further out to Seven Kings/Romford later, but I was just in Romford and they wouldn't get out of the station. Loads of "precautionary" police surrounding the exit of the station.

40. Post #280
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    1,892 Posts
    If a mod could change the name of the OP to Major rioting in London, I'd appreciate it.