1. Post #321
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,440 Posts

I really hope nobody else has posted this already

Also, there are reportedly people on Facebook and Twitter posting pictures of the stuff they have looted. Fuck the world!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

2. Post #322
    September 2010
    1,025 Posts
    Screen cap of the building on fire in Croydon from the BBC.

MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!

WHAT THE FUCK, MANKIND? WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?! WHAT THE FUCK?!?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #323
    Jsm
    "Belgium is pretty much a non-country"
    June 2006
    7,918 Posts
    From what I have heard now if it gets any worse they are going to send marines in all riot gear and crap-loads of armed police to disperse them.

I also heard a woman was trapped in one of the buildings but got out THANK FUCKING GOD

!FUCKING YOBS!
    Armed police would make things worse, if the rioters responded like for like it would not go well. They need to do something though.

Also it seems the met police are getting choppers from other police forces (Surrey and Sussex) at the moment to assist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #324
    RESIDENT ASBESTOS OBSESSIVE
    July 2008
    5,507 Posts
    Screen cap of the building on fire in Croydon from the BBC.

My friends brother lives in a flat right next to that fire there, and he can't leave apparently.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8 (list)

5. Post #325
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,582 Posts
    HOLY SHIT is that street lamp melting or something over the furniture store?? It was definitely something melting

6. Post #326
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,725 Posts
    When was the last time we had riots like this? I remember tuition fees but that only lasted one night and was pretty muted compared to this
    it's nothing this big, but in the Broadwater farm riots a copper got decapitated.

7. Post #327
    ask me about my title
    August 2009
    2,693 Posts
    I hope my relatives get out of Croydon soon. I heard they are going to Essex in he car now.

Fuck them scum FUCK THEM!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #328
    January 2011
    629 Posts
    Woman just said on BBC that the army should be brought in.

9. Post #329
    Jsm
    June 2006
    7,918 Posts
    The BBC are reading out angry text messages demanding something to be done.

Ninja'd

10. Post #330
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,499 Posts
    When was the last time we had riots like this? I remember tuition fees but that only lasted one night and was pretty muted compared to this
    A lot of race riots in the early 00s and then of course the Poll Tax riots and the Tottenham riots of 1985 where a policeman was stabbed to death

11. Post #331
    August 2011
    13 Posts
    They really ought to eliminate Tottenham and it's residents.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #332
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,011 Posts
    Goddamn, what the fuck are the London Police doing? Whatever it is, they're doing it completely wrong. What they should have done is as soon as this started with the fire and shit, they should have made a riot shield wall, loaded up with rubber/pepper/paint bullets and gasmasks, thrown tear gas and flashbangs into the crowd and shield rushed them, while some officers fire their fake bullets mostly for scare factor, knocking a bunch of people over, then arresting all of the ones who were unfortunate enough to be standing there. They then should have regrouped and kept doing this until the riot dispersed. Now nothing short of military intervention seems like it'd help, and the military'd be using live ammo, which sends one hell of a message to the rioters, but is nonetheless a bad thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #333
    January 2011
    629 Posts
    HOLY SHIT is that street lamp melting or something over the furniture store?? It was definitely something melting
    Its pretty much bent over.

14. Post #334
    PROUD BRONY 4LYFE
    February 2009
    3,312 Posts
    Anyone still watching, that fires starting to spread, the building next door and the one across the road now have visible flames on them..

15. Post #335
    Jsm
    June 2006
    7,918 Posts
    Goddamn, what the fuck are the London Police doing? Whatever it is, they're doing it completely wrong. What they should have done is as soon as this started with the fire and shit, they should have made a riot shield wall, loaded up with rubber/pepper/paint bullets and gasmasks, thrown tear gas and flashbangs into the crowd and shield rushed them, while some officers fire their fake bullets mostly for scare factor, knocking a bunch of people over, then arresting all of the ones who were unfortunate enough to be standing there. They then should have regrouped and kept doing this until the riot dispersed. Now nothing short of military intervention seems like it'd help, and the military'd be using live ammo, which sends one hell of a message to the rioters, but is nonetheless a bad thing.
    Rubber bullets are for VERY serious incidents, they don't get them out unless shit really hits the fan. Flashbangs and tear gas aren't used in the UK, which imo is the problem.

16. Post #336
    MEGA SENPAI KAWAII UGUU~~ =^_^=
    September 2008
    14,607 Posts
    it's nothing this big, but in the Broadwater farm riots a copper got decapitated.
    Oh you know, decapitation, no biggie.

17. Post #337
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,011 Posts
    Rubber bullets are for VERY serious incidents, they don't get them out unless shit really hits the fan. Flashbangs and tear gas aren't used in the UK, which imo is the problem.
    I think this qualifies as a "very serious incident" now.

18. Post #338
    MEGA SENPAI KAWAII UGUU~~ =^_^=
    September 2008
    14,607 Posts
    If the military comes in and just starts firing into the crowd, that's going to set a bad example.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #339
    March 2010
    3,137 Posts
    At this point I think it's time for Rubber bullets. I mean look at the fire on BBC news.

20. Post #340
    Jsm
    June 2006
    7,918 Posts
    Where on earth are the fire brigade? They turned up for this fire a bit ago but it seems they have driven off now.

Stuff happening at Clapham junction now apparently.

21. Post #341
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,725 Posts
    Oh you know, decapitation, no biggie.
    I mean, it never really spilled out of the Broadwater estate, and that place is the Lion's den on the best of days anyway.

22. Post #342
    Jsm
    June 2006
    7,918 Posts
    If the military comes in and just starts firing into the crowd, that's going to set a bad example.
    Yeah this isn't China or a despot dictatorship, you don't respond with lethal weapons unless there is a threat to life IMO.

23. Post #343
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    237 Posts
    Exactly.. that's the exact same thing that Britain has spent the last few months berating Mubarak/Egypt for doing when they had violent protests/riots.

24. Post #344
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,582 Posts
    You want to use live bullets? Hahahaha

Edited:

Cameron's coming home!

Edited:

Oh David...

Edited:

I hope I ninja Jsm on that

25. Post #345
    ask me about my title
    August 2009
    2,693 Posts
    I just heard David Cameron is assembling an emergency meeting tomorrow. Christ.

26. Post #346
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,499 Posts
    -I'm late-

27. Post #347
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,582 Posts
    Lmao

28. Post #348
    April 2011
    1,610 Posts
    Yep, and the fire's spreading across the street too.

29. Post #349
    Sour Grapes
    March 2007
    4,700 Posts
    Very dangerous, tram overhead electric lines are alight, the rails appear to be on fire too...

30. Post #350
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    10,947 Posts
    Where on earth are the fire brigade? They turned up for this fire a bit ago but it seems they have driven off now.

Stuff happening at Clapham junction now apparently.
    Probably trying to battle other fires and if they have people coming towards them they can hardly just sit there.

31. Post #351
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,011 Posts
    Yeah this isn't China or a despot dictatorship, you don't respond with lethal weapons unless there is a threat to life IMO.
    While I don't disagree it'd set a bad example and would be arguably the wrong thing to do, I think that fires in people's flats constitutes a threat to life.

32. Post #352
    January 2011
    629 Posts
    Lucky I have a fire station on my road if anything fires happen near me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

33. Post #353
    August 2011
    13 Posts
    Someone needs to teach the mutts to respect law and order.

34. Post #354
    ask me about my title
    August 2009
    2,693 Posts
    So you don't think my relatives neighbors house getting burned down by hundreds of scum isn't a serious incident. What the fuck is? The Russians are coming!

35. Post #355
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,582 Posts
    When I turned BBC on it was just the furniture store on fire, now the furniture store is just gone and there are like 3 buildings around it on fire

36. Post #356
    Jsm
    June 2006
    7,918 Posts
    Very dangerous, tram overhead electric lines are alight, the rails appear to be on fire too...
    Oh Jesus, I am not an expert but I assume that is bad.

37. Post #357
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,582 Posts
    BBC News, the finest furniture store news network in Britain
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

38. Post #358
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,011 Posts
    Exactly.. that's the exact same thing that Britain has spent the last few months berating Mubarak/Egypt for doing when they had violent protests/riots.
    Except Egypt didn't have violent riots, they used weapons on peaceful protesters.

39. Post #359
    Disregard Flagdog I'm British
    August 2010
    9,207 Posts
    How do rails burn?

They're metal.

40. Post #360
    January 2011
    629 Posts
    How do rails burn?

They're metal.
    The fire's are so big and hot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)