1. Post #1
    November 2007
    1,019 Posts

OK so here it is! Sorry I took so long.

Real Steel history:
    (copy pasta Mmmmm)

The AK-105 is a shortened carbine version of the AK-74M rifle, which in turn was derived from the original AK-47 design and its AK-74 successor. The AK-102, AK-104, and AK-105 are very similar in design, the only difference being the caliber and corresponding magazine type. The AK-105 is chambered to fire 5.45x39mm ammunition. The AK-105 is supplementing AKS-74U Carbines in Russian Army service.

Compared to the AK-74M, AK-101, and AK-103, which are full-size rifles of similar design, the AK-102, 104, and 105 feature shortened barrels that make them a middle ground between a full rifle and the more compact AKS-74U. Whereas the AK-10X rifles have longer barrels, full-length gas pistons, and solid, side-folding polymer stocks, the AKS-74U is shorter, and features a skeleton stock.

The Gun:

~Externals

Everything on this gun is steel besides the handgaurds and pistol grip. I can take a magnet to the body and will attract right to it. The gun itself is very sturdy. I can't wobble the mag or the stock on this gun.

~Internals

I have not yet to have the chance to open up this gun but I have put at least 1000 rounds and I have not yet had a problem. The reason I'm saying this is because I heard the piston and the motor fails after a certain thousand of rounds. The break down of this gun is quite different also, meaning it does not break down the same way a Dboys, Cyma, etc. would. It uses 7 grub screws to hold the gun together. Which is a bitch half of the time.

~How it shoots

The range on this is excellent for a stock gun, but, i'll probably upgrade the bucking and barrell later though. I can easily hit a man sized target at least 90-120ft away with .25 bbs. The ROF is very menacing with a 9.6v battery.

~CONS!

Yes I have some cons about this gun, just two. The pistol grip to me feels very flimsy and cheap. And the fuse wiring is very long. (refer to picture)

~Do I Recommend This Gun

Yes. If you know how to work on gearboxes and know how to do a little rigging work on AKs then I would recommend it. And if you don't want to buy the gun itself, LCT does sell body kits with everything to make the gun. All you have to supply is a working gearbox, a barrell, and a hopup unit.

Hopefully you enjoyed this review! c:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

2. Post #2
    PAST TENSE DIG
    October 2007
    7,697 Posts
    Yay, do I get to see this gun tomorrow?
    Along with your other incredibly sexy AKs?

3. Post #3
    November 2007
    1,019 Posts
    Yes, Yes you do. C:

4. Post #4
    PAST TENSE DIG
    October 2007
    7,697 Posts
    :buddy:
    I can't wait.
    Do you still have that AK you had in the pictures for the paracord thread?

Edited:

When I grow up one day mommy I want an AK like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    12,424 Posts
    My brother has a LCT RPK body kit, really nice stuff.

6. Post #6
    August 2008
    931 Posts
    thats a very nice ak-74u you have there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

7. Post #7
    PAST TENSE DIG
    October 2007
    7,697 Posts
    ak47-u

8. Post #8
    June 2010
    6,357 Posts
    thats a very nice ak-74u you have there.
    You don't even know how many times I got that for my 102.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    not retarded or something
    July 2008
    6,165 Posts
    Could you go into a bit more detail about the breakdown and how it's different from a CYMA/Dboys?

10. Post #10
    November 2007
    1,019 Posts
    Sure
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    November 2007
    1,019 Posts
    OK, so the rumors about the piston giving out after a good couple thousand of rounds were true, so i took the liberty of replacing the piston. Forgive me of the quality I took theses from my Iphone.

Grubs screw positions for Fernris:

Onto the gear box.

The problem.

The replacement (I shanked my hand trying to get the wire plate off.)

Other than that, the internals are nice with steel gears but it's not greased handsomely.