1. Post #281
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,660 Posts
    I think I got the pistons to looks remotely good while the sticky ones can still be used as tables.

Could you add something so we can differentiate between the pistons?

Never mind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #282
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,058 Posts
    Turn skeletons into female assassins. At some point they were supposed to use the crossbow anyways, so the bow could still be some form of bow.

3. Post #283
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    11,861 Posts
    And a spill decal into the corner of the sticky piston. Nothing big, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

4. Post #284
    I AM A PUTRID FUCK WHO CHASES AFTER PEOPLE'S VANS, SCARES GIRLS, FELL FOR A RANDOM FUCK ON THE INTERNET WHO I'VE NEVER EVEN SEEN, AND SHOVED RUSTY NAILS DOWN MY COCK FOR THEM.
    July 2008
    4,193 Posts

Note that when I took the image, I was looking the opposite direction my minecart was going. I went crazy with the world edit "stack" tool with the mine track and the lights.

Yes, that means spawn is many miles away, took a half hour just to get this far, and I still got a ways to go. The track is done, I just gotta wait til it stops before I build my actual research section.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

5. Post #285
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    797 Posts
    Turn skeletons into female assassins. At some point they were supposed to use the crossbow anyways, so the bow could still be some form of bow.
    This, vortigaunts should replace endermen because they teleported during the xen outbreak and they can melee you.

6. Post #286
    Kawaii Member
    July 2005
    17,679 Posts
    What's that texture? I'm tinkering with the pack to suit the needs of a map I'm making and I can't get my particular iteration of the wall light to work properly.

7. Post #287
    September 2009
    5,113 Posts
    That'll be the torch.

This, vortigaunts should replace endermen because they teleported during the xen outbreak and they can melee you.
    The vortigaunts will replace skeletons becouse they walked during the xen "outbreak" and they zapped you from afar. Sorry, mate, the endermen will G-mans.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #288
    April 2009
    390 Posts
    Need another textures for ores.
    So,I think Lether armor can be Barney's helmet,vest,boots and blue trousers.Iron armor can be: Soldier helmet,PCV vest,Camofluage trousers and soldier boots.And Diamond armor can be HEV suit.
    But I don't know what can be gold armor...

9. Post #289
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    10,843 Posts
    That'll be the torch.

The vortigaunts will replace skeletons becouse they walked during the xen "outbreak" and they zapped you from afar. Sorry, mate, the endermen will G-mans.
    So what will the Bow be? What about the Pigmen?

10. Post #290
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    797 Posts
    That'll be the torch.

Oh yeah I forgot about the g-man suggestion, that works fine though.

11. Post #291
    December 2009
    8,487 Posts
    So what will the Bow be? What about the Pigmen?
    I would of thought that the pigmen would of been best as vorts, since in the factory sections of xen they were friendly to you until you attacked them.

12. Post #292

August 2011
    2 Posts
    Playing around with the texture pack a bit -

- Changed cobblestone texture to the pink wool that was not being used
    - Made cobblestone a leather couch texture for coaches and chairs
    - Copied the piston texture and set it for wood planks so fences look a bit better
    - Made torches small lights similar to earlier post by JurajIsNotPirat
    - Pumpkins and Jack-o-lanterns are a powered off/on monitor

[Screenshots]http://imgur.com/a/ntouA[/URL]

Let me know your opinions and/or ideas and if you want a copy of the .png.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #293
    Kawaii Member
    July 2005
    17,679 Posts
    That'll be the torch.
    I mean, is there a texture in HL's GCF/wad that you got for it?

14. Post #294
    September 2009
    5,113 Posts
    I mean, is there a texture in HL's GCF/wad that you got for it?
    Yeah, I can't remember the name, though. It's used in Black Mesa a lot and has blue and red variants, too.
    You can find the blue variant in multiplayer map - bootcamp - in the tunnels.

// it's +0~GENERIC86

15. Post #295
    Chief Gunnery Sgt. of the SS Shitpost
    March 2009
    16,421 Posts
    Need another textures for ores.
    So,I think Lether armor can be Barney's helmet,vest,boots and blue trousers.Iron armor can be: Soldier helmet,PCV vest,Camofluage trousers and soldier boots.And Diamond armor can be HEV suit.
    But I don't know what can be gold armor...
    Gold armor could be a white lab coat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #296
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,850 Posts
    This is when we start to enter uncanny valley
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Disagree x 4Agree x 2Informative x 1Optimistic x 1Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #297
    The Savior of FP
    May 2010
    5,629 Posts
    I crash whenever I try to run it after patching, this has never happened to me before. Am I doing something wrong?

18. Post #298
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,704 Posts
    Leather armor = Lab coat
    Iron Armor = Security Uniform
    Gold Armor = HEV suit
    Diamond Armor = Cyan HEV suit

-Never mind, my suggestion has been bested -
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Denmark Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

19. Post #299
    September 2009
    5,113 Posts
    Leather armor = Security Uniform
    Iron Armor = Hecu Armor
    Gold Armor = Lab Coat
    Diamond Armor = HEV suit

?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 24Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #300
    December 2009
    8,487 Posts
    Leather armor = Security Uniform
    Iron Armor = Hecu Armor
    Gold Armor = Lab Coat
    Diamond Armor = HEV suit

?
    Doesn't gold armour reflect more damage then leather armour? Wouldn't it make more sense to swap them around.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 12Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #301
    January 2007
    3 Posts
    How about using the beta monsters for the cow and sheep?

http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Mr._Friendly
    http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Kingpin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #302
    September 2009
    5,113 Posts
    I don't really want to use the beta mosters since most people don't know about them. Originally I wanted the kingpin to replace the creeper.

23. Post #303
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    6,958 Posts
    It occurred to me what weapon the gold sword could be: The Civilian's Umbrella.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 10Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #304

August 2011
    2 Posts
    1st draft of HEV suit armor (very sloppy, but cool looking).

http://imgur.com/a/9Mgg5

Credit:
    Helmet - http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Cate...r_model_images

Body - http://willhelmkranz.deviantart.com/...cept-132255062
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Dumb Dumb x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #305

March 2010
    31 Posts
    How do you get a piston to stay open?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

26. Post #306
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    6,966 Posts
    lever

27. Post #307
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    1,228 Posts

Is this any good? Still working on this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Iceland Show Events Winner Winner x 18Funny Funny x 10 (list)

28. Post #308
    March 2009
    16,421 Posts
    torch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #309

30. Post #310
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    828 Posts
    Awesome pack! the only thing I don't like is the torches, they look out of place when used in buildings.
    My bad, didn't read the recent posts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

31. Post #311

March 2010
    31 Posts
    Thanks. Before getting back into minecraft recently, I had never used redstone/pistons or any of that fancy stuff.

That was a dumb question, but I thank you for answering.

32. Post #312
    September 2009
    5,113 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Winner Winner x 17Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #313
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,789 Posts
    This is the ultimate texture pack for complex underground labs. Loving it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #314
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    797 Posts
    Maybe the bow should be invisible and the arrows would be the zap the vortigaunts do in HL1.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #315
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,648 Posts
    You really outta team up with a programmer and turn this into a full mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 8Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #316
    March 2009
    16,421 Posts
    So what is the bow going to be now?

37. Post #317
    September 2009
    5,113 Posts
    well the crossbow, most probably.

38. Post #318
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,528 Posts
    Can't wait till this pack is fully done. I will most likely use the fuck out of this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #319
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    8,249 Posts
    Real fuckin Neato. Mind if I mention it on my HL website? (not to derail or advertise, simply asking permission)

Regardless, seems good so far, hope for the best.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #320
    Killed postal with a fart once.
    December 2007
    8,133 Posts
    Can you replace the purple wool with the grate you see when you step off the train in HL?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)