1. Post #161
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,361 Posts
    It seems that...

*puts on sunglasses*

...there is no page 5

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

EDIT:
    Oh there is. let me delete it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 17 (list)

2. Post #162
    Facepunch's #1 Huskybutt
    July 2011
    2,090 Posts
    In other news today, is the OP still working on this? Havn't seen him lately

3. Post #163
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,252 Posts
    I'm sure they are, it's not like you do huge steps forward in matter of hours. Let him take his time, the amount of awesomeness in this is already extremly high.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #164
    Airport Dweller
    October 2005
    1,197 Posts
    This really shouldn't be as awesome as it looks!

5. Post #165
    June 2011
    792 Posts
    Any updates on the emulators?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Greece Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #166
    Facepunch's #1 Huskybutt
    July 2011
    2,090 Posts
    I really don't want this to die, has anyone got news from the creator?

7. Post #167
    June 2011
    792 Posts
    Couldn't they just say that they give this up?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Greece Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

8. Post #168
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,622 Posts
    I haven't heard anything lately, either. I'll ask him what's up on steam.

9. Post #169
    January 2008
    108 Posts
    It's certainly not dead, just not been working on it much over the past couple of weeks.

The GPU has been the primary focus and I've re-written it several times but each re-write has been flawed. I'm likely just going to move to a more CPU intensive but less glitchy scan-line system
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 3Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #170
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    786 Posts
    This is actually quite nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

11. Post #171
    January 2008
    108 Posts
    Could everyone who's tried this mind posting their performance results (FPS) along with their hardware? I'm trying to determine if Gameboy colour is worth it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #172
    June 2011
    792 Posts
    Ok. I will post ASAP.

13. Post #173
    May 2010
    78 Posts
    Does this, or can it run on a RT screen?

14. Post #174
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,622 Posts
    Does this, or can it run on a RT screen?
    It does.

15. Post #175
    September 2011
    154 Posts
    wait so if im correct, the 80880 was intels first x86 microprocessor, right?
    would you be able to run MS-DOS or freebsd on this then?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #176
    January 2008
    108 Posts
    the 8080 was pre-x86, it can't run MS-DOS but it could run CP/M, the precursor to MS-DOS. Of course the peripheral hardware is all specific to space invaders so new I/O emulation would need to be written to run CP/M. (You can thank Divran for linking me this the second you posted that :P)

17. Post #177
    November 2010
    16 Posts
    That is insane stuff Techni, very awesome. I have a shit ton of arcade cabinet models if you want some more. I made a Source engine mod that launches all your games, ROMs, and movies so I have a lot of arcade cabinet models left over that I made for it. It doesn't run the emulator on the little in-game screen like yours does though. Very cool stuff.

18. Post #178
    June 2011
    792 Posts
    Go to the mods and addons section of the forum and you will find the second version of the GB emulator.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Greece Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #179
    October 2008
    807 Posts
    Would it be possible to play vs battles on pokemon with your friends in gmod?
    This would require Link Cable emulation. Since he's working to make an accurate stock gameboy emulation, he'll be doing this stuff later I guess.

20. Post #180
    April 2010
    1,394 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #181
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    I think I just jizzed.

22. Post #182
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    431 Posts
    Can anybody explain how this works? I read through the code, but don't quite grasp how it's drawing the information from the rom. The GMod part I understand. I just don't quite understand how the rom is being read properly, then drawn.

23. Post #183
    January 2008
    108 Posts
    Can anybody explain how this works? I read through the code, but don't quite grasp how it's drawing the information from the rom. The GMod part I understand. I just don't quite understand how the rom is being read properly, then drawn.
    Here's the jist of it. In Gameboy.lua it loads the rom file into the ROM area of memory. It then iterates through the memory performing diferent intstructions depending on the value in that area of memory, the instructions are in gmb_opcodes.lua and gmb_cb_opcodes.lua. It then draws it to the screen using gmb_gpu.lua (Assuming you have the latest version), which processes the raw tile data (Which is generated by the instructions as the rom is run) into sprites, maps, and renders it to an RT screen.

That's a really simplified explaination, if you'd like more detail on any area please ask.

24. Post #184
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,252 Posts
    How do you find all opcodes and that from the start?

25. Post #185
    January 2008
    108 Posts

26. Post #186
    January 2010
    114 Posts
    Could everyone who's tried this mind posting their performance results (FPS) along with their hardware? I'm trying to determine if Gameboy colour is worth it. @technicolour
    40 range in fps in pokemon red in startup 70 ingame
    No game loaded gives me 150 FPS
    Map i tested on is sb_gooniverse
    HW:
    CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU
    GFX:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295
    RAM:12GB
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

27. Post #187
    Facepunch's #1 Huskybutt
    July 2011
    2,090 Posts
    Could you just read the date of the post above you please?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

28. Post #188

March 2011
    1 Posts
    Hey James xX, if you look back in the earlier posts sometimes they went a month without talking. technicolour is still working on this project, and is mostlikly converting it for Gmod 13.

As to technicolour's request.
    No game: 94FPS
    game (pokemon red): intro screen 25-30 FPS, playing 40 - 50FPS
    Map: gm_construct
    CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU
    GFX:Intel Integrated
    RAM:4GB
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)