1. Post #601
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,394 Posts
    :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

2. Post #602
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,669 Posts
    5:4?

Haha, oh wow
    Oh wow indeed.

3. Post #603
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,669 Posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=2HZAReul9IQ

Video Tagging Broken?

You should make a bonus Just For Fun map with this as the music

4. Post #604
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,394 Posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=2HZAReul9IQ

Video Tagging Broken?

You should make a bonus Just For Fun map with this as the music
    beautiful
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #605
    equalize, distort, equalize
    March 2007
    5,020 Posts
    The two times I've checked this thread I've seen you post five or six of these posts.

Stop it.

This isn't a chat room.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 2 (list)

6. Post #606
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,394 Posts
    Some paths are still unwalked, some codes still undeciphered, some words still unspoken.

When will the time of revelation come?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

7. Post #607
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,669 Posts
    The two times I've checked this thread I've seen you post five or six of these posts.

Stop it.

This isn't a chat room.
    :c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #608
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,394 Posts
    what's with the dumb rating on that last hint /:3
    it's completely unrelated to the :3-issue

oh well it's just a rating

--

So, anyone figured out that hint I posted yet? (it has a pretty obvious answer though)

9. Post #609
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,669 Posts
    IM STUCK

If that QR code is a new clue, my reader's having trouble reading it. :sad:

Edited:

Now where did I put my chips?

10. Post #610
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,394 Posts
    my reader's having trouble reading it. :sad:
    How come?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #611
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #612
    April 2011
    1,385 Posts
    Thankfully I got gifted Episode 2 awhile ago. Now I can try this out.

It may be a big mistake on my part.

oh god why kahgarak
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #613
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,513 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #614
    March 2010
    427 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #615
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,394 Posts
    I don't see the connection to Eawan <:3

16. Post #616
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    580 Posts
    I don't see the connection to Eawan <:3
    I'd be very concerned about your current mental state if you did, you scary Dutch bastard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #617
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,394 Posts
    I'd be very concerned about your current mental state if you did, you scary Dutch bastard.
    I'm not scary :c

btw, Ihazard, how's it going with the model? :3

18. Post #618
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,394 Posts
    Right now I'm working on something that, while unrelated to Eawan (though they do indirectly share the same fictional continuity), features the same sense of mystery... if you can find the first step. It's gonna be mainly a test for architecture as well as some things to spice up Eawan gameplay and prevent it from being two hours of evading Guilt in the dark, followed by one hour of staring at the massive Dome skybox, then a few minutes of running from Prey and that all over again throughout the entire campaign.

I'll post it here when it's done, no need for haste.

19. Post #619
    April 2011
    1,385 Posts
    I just want to say: fuck you Kahgarak for putting the sound of footsteps in the ambience of the latest map. I constantly fucking get scared because I think something is fucking following me. Ugh.

http://www.livestream.com/trinnyshom...f-63ea732ea8a0

I did a short livestream for a friend who was interested in the map, since Eawan is the thing that gets me pretty scared these days. Apologies for the stuttering, and going off trying to explain a few things. Had a headache and the map did not help that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #620
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,394 Posts
    I just want to say: fuck you Kahgarak for putting the sound of footsteps in the ambience of the latest map. I constantly fucking get scared because I think something is fucking following me. Ugh.

I did a short livestream for a friend who was interested in the map, since Eawan is the thing that gets me pretty scared these days. Apologies for the stuttering, and going off trying to explain a few things. Had a headache and the map did not help that.
    That was beautiful. And I'm glad you didn't noclip to the end of the map :)

the footsteps were actually accidental, I just picked a random Citadel soundscape to add some extra atmosphere

21. Post #621

22. Post #622
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,513 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #623
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    580 Posts
    She looks pretty good, why was she scrapped?
    Same, but I'll speculate that it has to do with the fact that it would be a neutral NPC, which I doubt would blend in with the storyline well. Being crazy and all.

24. Post #624
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,394 Posts
    Same, but I'll speculate that it has to do with the fact that it would be a neutral NPC, which I doubt would blend in with the storyline well. Being crazy and all.
    Pretty much this. Iris is mentally unstable to the point of virtually any emotional manifestations she hallucinates about wanting to kill her.

Plus the Whore is not scary.

Edited:

Another scrapped character - Wimperton. Wimperton was to be a brief companion to the player in an early iteration of a certain chapter. He was scrapped because his eccentric personality, gentle appearance and his mere presence would likely detract from the campaign's horrifying feel, as well as from the idea that much of it is a psychological self-analysis of Iris.

I could tell you more but there would be major spoilers. He is still canon in this continuity. He just won't appear in Eawan.

25. Post #625
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    580 Posts
    I imagined Wimperton being a butler for inexplicable reasons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #626
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,394 Posts
    Probably the name. Somehow it sounds butler-ish to me now you mention it

27. Post #627
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,513 Posts
    Well, is the Whore supposed to be one of the hostile manifestations like the Guilt and Prey? If not, I think she would look good as a character seen walking around this massive empire in her mind, along with a ton of other neutral characters. Sort of like all the citizens in City 17 in the beginning of Half-Life 2, they might not play an important role in the story, but they're there to let the player know that the city isn't abandoned and to show the living conditions of the city. I think she should be in the game, along with anything else you might have scrapped that would serve as a neutral character in the empire.

Edited:

In response to Wimperton, I think the story needs a hint of innocence at the beginning as it slowly descends into the madness that is Iris' mind.

28. Post #628
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,394 Posts

You should also do a Let's Play of Eawan2 c:

Edited:

In response to Wimperton, I think the story needs a hint of innocence at the beginning as it slowly descends into the madness that is Iris' mind.
    Thing is, there has never been innocence in Iris' life In fact, the story starts out bad and gets even worse until the mod is a clusterfuck of insanity and emotional instability. What happens after that... who knows?

Edited:

EDIT: also, next standalone Eawan map, co-op. agree/disagree
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #629
    April 2011
    1,385 Posts
    I'll try getting around to doing Let's Play's of the other Eawan maps, but I don't have a good video editing software that would provide decent quality and such.

30. Post #630
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,513 Posts
    Thing is, there has never been innocence in Iris' life In fact, the story starts out bad and gets even worse until the mod is a clusterfuck of insanity and emotional instability. What happens after that... who knows?
    I know that, but for scenes that take place in the empire rather than in the insane asylum, it could be like a whole different atmosphere. Sorry if I'm infringing on any of your ideas since you probably have the entire story figured out, I'm just voicing my opinion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #631
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,394 Posts
    And I appreciate that c:

And Karahaut, try torrenting for good software :D

Edited:

Has anyone reached the end of the latest map yet?

WITHOUT NOCLIPPING

32. Post #632
    July 2009
    5,881 Posts
    Maybe have Wimperton take part at the end of the game?

33. Post #633
    November 2010
    386 Posts
    And I appreciate that c:

Edited:

WITHOUT NOCLIPPING
    yes, it's so big I found myself bunnyhopping then sprinting then bunnyhopping to the end because I got bored

Edited:

is it supposed to be realistic at all..?

34. Post #634
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,669 Posts
    And I appreciate that c:

Edited:

WITHOUT NOCLIPPING
    Haven't gotten to play it yet.

Which saddens me.

35. Post #635
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,394 Posts
    is it supposed to be realistic at all..?
    Nope! The map layouts are mazelike and oversized for a reason.

Edited:

Haven't gotten to play it yet.

Which saddens me.
    do it

36. Post #636
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,394 Posts
    Assuming people care enough about this mod to draw more fanart (probably not), should I add an extremely well-hidden room somewhere in one of the campaign maps, a gallery of pre-release fanart that can only be reached through hidden passages and extremely hard puzzles?

To those who are thinking of just noclipping there, NOPE. I have my ways of keeping you from getting there that easily

37. Post #637
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,394 Posts

wallpaper time

feel free to lol at the copypasted Prey back there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #638
    December 2009
    304 Posts
    Assuming people care enough about this mod to draw more fanart (probably not), should I add an extremely well-hidden room somewhere in one of the campaign maps, a gallery of pre-release fanart that can only be reached through hidden passages and extremely hard puzzles?

To those who are thinking of just noclipping there, NOPE. I have my ways of keeping you from getting there that easily
    YES. DO THIS.

PS: I just played the new map, and I couldn't even find the end in noclip. There's no way anybody's gonna find it. I did however fide a nice portrait of a family with "EAWAN" scribbled beneath it. Is that supposed to be the end?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #639
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,669 Posts

I have my ways of getting there anyway.

And I'll play it when I can get onto my brother's computer.

40. Post #640
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,394 Posts
    YES. DO THIS.

PS: I just played the new map, and I couldn't even find the end in noclip. There's no way anybody's gonna find it. I did however fide a nice portrait of a famil-*y with "EAWAN" scribbled beneath it. Is that supposed to be the end?
    Look harder c: