1. Post #41
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,748 Posts
    So, its a horror story that doesn't involve 'HUR DUR ZOMBIES', and has central topics dealing with a rapist? You sir deserve a winner. Seriously, I can even think of a game or mod that even deals with rape.
    (now that I've said that people are going to give me examples. Oh well. )
    Challenge Accepted.
    Mission Accomplished.
    (Hint: Check you profile)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7Funny Funny x 3 (list)

2. Post #42
    October 2009
    9,194 Posts
    The Stanley Parable did the whole "you are playing a game, and we full-well know that" thing very well, and that helped excuse any shortcomings. A decent narrative can turn a mediocre game good, and a good game great, man.
    It didn't seem as much as an actual game, as an interactive story. (Narrative, wise)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,060 Posts
    You rarely even hear about a woman raping a kid these days

Makes it unique.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 12Funny Funny x 2 (list)

4. Post #44
    February 2009
    3,879 Posts
    so I played the maps you have up for download, and if it was what I think it was, 'guilt' really needs some tangible form. After fumbling around in the dark and dieing instantly, it took me a second to remember what just killed me. sounds are nice, but not knowing what direction they are coming from is a little annoying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Useful Useful x 2 (list)

5. Post #45
    ONION
    April 2005
    1,630 Posts
    I like the ideas and stuff and would love to help you as a modeler but I'm awful at humanoids so, poo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,466 Posts
    so I played the maps you have up for download, and if it was what I think it was, 'guilt' really needs some tangible form. After fumbling around in the dark and dieing instantly, it took me a second to remember what just killed me. sounds are nice, but not knowing what direction they are coming from is a little annoying.
    I assume you play without headphones then :p

I could always make the sounds louder and more recognizable so that the player is more likely to notice the Guilt. While a form for the Guilt could also work, I feel it would detract somehow from the fear of the unknown- or to be more precise, the invisible.

I'll find a way to make the Guilt's presence more noticable while keeping it invisible :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    December 2009
    304 Posts
    I look forward to playing this!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    February 2009
    3,879 Posts
    I assume you play without headphones then :p

I could always make the sounds louder and more recognizable so that the player is more likely to notice the Guilt. While a form for the Guilt could also work, I feel it would detract somehow from the fear of the unknown- or to be more precise, the invisible.

I'll find a way to make the Guilt's presence more noticeable while keeping it invisible :3
    I did actually, I was at the entrance to the hallway this the baby in it, the sounds guilt made sounded like air rushing out of a tunnel, I was confused, then it killed me. how fast is guilt? it took maybe a second between me fist hearing it to me dying. is it on a track or is it an npc? If its on a track then I can live with it being invisible.
    And finally, in my opinion, invisible isn't scary, its annoying.

Edited:
    Have you thought about having guilt push props away? that would keep it invisible yet noticeable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,466 Posts
    Yes, it's on a track.

Guilt moves at 32 units per second :)

Also, I'm waaay ahead of you :P Guilt already does toss props around. In fact, a certain player took a lead pipe that can be found in the map, threw it at the Guilt, only for Guilt to toss it right back in his face and kill him. It was accidental (since Guilt just throws props upwards and not at the player) but badass :D

I look forward to playing this!
    Thank you! :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,748 Posts
    I see you playing Eawan as a mod on steam, Kahgarak. You can't hide from me! :3:

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,550 Posts
    Are uh... are those things going to be in the mod?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,814 Posts
    That green one scared the shit out of me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

13. Post #53
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,748 Posts
    That's for a different mod IIRC.

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    12,772 Posts
    Yes, it's on a track.

Guilt moves at 32 units per second :)

Also, I'm waaay ahead of you :P Guilt already does toss props around. In fact, a certain player took a lead pipe that can be found in the map, threw it at the Guilt, only for Guilt to toss it right back in his face and kill him. It was accidental (since Guilt just throws props upwards and not at the player) but badass :D

Thank you! :D
    Was that me? Because I do remember taking a lead pipe along with me, because I was scared. We broke down that fucking garage door like there's no tomorrow!

Edited:

Take a look at Bottom-left and then take a look at one of the rooms with writing on the walls and floor in Map2 (The Kingdom Room).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    April 2011
    1,386 Posts
    If you manage to finish this, I will have such high respect for you it isn't even funny. The details of this mod sound amazing and I'm going to try those maps of yours when I get the chance. I am strangely reminded of the nihilistic mind of Hideki Anno during his depression during the creation of 'Neon Genesis Evangelion' and the show itself being the most fucked up and depressing thing I have ever encountered.

I'm going to keep an eye on this. It looks great, and it'd be amazing to see it turn into a full fledged mod, no matter how short it is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,466 Posts
    If you manage to finish this, I will have such high respect for you it isn't even funny. The details of this mod sound amazing and I'm going to try those maps of yours when I get the chance. I am strangely reminded of the nihilistic mind of Hideki Anno during his depression during the creation of 'Neon Genesis Evangelion' and the show itself being the most fucked up and depressing thing I have ever encountered.

I'm going to keep an eye on this. It looks great, and it'd be amazing to see it turn into a full fledged mod, no matter how short it is.
    Thank you! Yes, Neon Genesis Evangelion and the way Anno came up with it is my main inspiration for Eawan :)

Edited:

Concepts for a different project entirely (which I'm putting on hold until Eawan is done and released). There is a loose, remote connection between that universe and Eawan's storyline though.

17. Post #57

August 2011
    83 Posts
    I think the prop tossing for the guilt needs to be tweaked a little. When I played it, I couldn't see any props getting tossed around. Then I looked up at the ceiling and saw boxes stuck to it. While distracted by this, I died. The boxes move up into the unnoticeable darkness when I'm not looking, and tend to move with The Guilt. It was a little confusing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,466 Posts
    Yeah, I've noticed. I'll lower the strength of the push trigger.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #59

August 2011
    83 Posts
    Just a thought, I reckon it would be alot more creepy and sinister if the props slowly slid across the floor towards you, rather than just flying around like crazy. Think of it like, something's alot creepier if it's sneaking around, you can't see it, but you know it's there, rather than just BOO IN YOUR FACE.
    That might just be me however, and it's up to you really. Just a thought :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,466 Posts
    I had a similar idea- having the push trigger's strength at a perfect value that makes props sloooowly hover upwards before falling down again, instead of throwing them upwards like crazy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    There's only one person in this whole world like you. And people can like you exactly as you are.
    March 2008
    4,495 Posts
    Reminds me of the Poltergeists from Shadow Of Chernobyl.

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,466 Posts
    Added a screenshot of the main menu to the OP.

The ''achievements'' and ''dev commentary'' options will obviously be removed since Eawan will have no such thing.

23. Post #63
    June 2010
    516 Posts
    yes
    i like the sound of this "roland asylum"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,466 Posts
    <3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #65

August 2011
    83 Posts
    I really wish you all the best for this mod. I've tried about 3 times to get a mod going, but I eventually run out of ideas/motivation. (Not to sound like a downer or anything xD)
    DON'T let that happen please, it looks really good, and I'd love to see it available for download on Steam someday
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,466 Posts
    Thank you so much :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,814 Posts
    Oh shit, I got that track from the OP stuck in my head last night when I was trying to sleep.

I felt like I was being watched by Marilyn as she lumbered around my room.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,466 Posts
    Oh shit, I got that track from the OP stuck in my head last night when I was trying to sleep.

I felt like I was being watched by Marilyn as she lumbered around my room.

when you see it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    12,772 Posts
    DRN! DRN! Post Spires!

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,466 Posts
    Already posted it on the first page... but fuck it!

Here it is c:

31. Post #71
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,748 Posts
    I remember when I played the first map, a box thrown by the guilt hit me in the face.

I stopped in my tracks. "Did I do that? or was it the Guilt?" because I have a tendency to pick up physics props and throwing them around mindlessly.

Seconds later I saw bottles flying about.

"FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKSHITFUCKFUCKSHITSHITFUCK! "
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,466 Posts
    I remember when I played the first map, a box thrown by the guilt hit me in the face.

I stopped in my tracks. "Did I do that? or was it the Guilt?" because I have a tendency to pick up physics props and throwing them around mindlessly.

Seconds later I saw bottles flying about.

"FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKSHITFUCKFUCKSHITSHITFUCK! "
    NOPENOPENOPENOPE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,029 Posts

when you see it
    Can't find it...

34. Post #74
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,748 Posts
    NOPENOPENOPENOPE
    The NOPENOPENOPENOPE was as soon as I left the spawnpoint

Edited:

when you see it
    DOME

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,814 Posts

when you see it
    I'd rather not search for it...What am I looking for?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,466 Posts
    Prey in the hall!

Also, I'm having some trouble with the chapter titles in the New Game menu, no matter what I do in the files they always show up as #eawan_chapter1_title etc.

Does anyone know how to properly set the titles in there? :3

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    12,772 Posts
    Leave it how it is, say that it's a cryptic metaphor for her descent into madness.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

38. Post #78
    April 2011
    1,386 Posts
    Thank you! Yes, Neon Genesis Evangelion and the way Anno came up with it is my main inspiration for Eawan :)
    oh my god
    take all my fucking money
    RIGHT NOW

Edited:

Oh boy, it took a moment of stupidity to realize Episode 2 to try out the maps. Damn it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #79
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,748 Posts
    Prey in the hall!

Also, I'm having some trouble with the chapter titles in the New Game menu, no matter what I do in the files they always show up as #eawan_chapter1_title etc.

Does anyone know how to properly set the titles in there? :3

http://www.facepunch.com/threads/108...-Megathread-V2

Ask in there. I'm sure someone there knows how.

and by someone, I mean Firegod522

Edited:

Oh, nvm, I misread. Ask anyway, they might know anyway

40. Post #80

July 2011
    125 Posts
    A subscription of this thread has been added.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)