1. Post #241
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,474 Posts
    I like what you've done so far, but I will give ONE critisism.
    The music in eawan2, it's pretty freaky yeah, but after a while of it continuously playing, you grow used to it. And then it becomes irritating. I would recommend regulating the use of the music.
    This may just be me though, I don't know.
    It might've been a bit too loud.

I'll keep it in mind :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #242

August 2011
    83 Posts
    Lowering the volume could work, too. It sounds fantastic by the way. Did you make it yourself? If so where did you find those vocal samples?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #243
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,474 Posts
    Lowering the volume could work, too. It sounds fantastic by the way. Did you make it yourself? If so where did you find those vocal samples?
    The ambience itself is a low-pitched version of an ambient song I made circa 2008, and I just ripped the non-distorted islamic chant samples from a YouTube video, can't seem to find it back though.

:3

4. Post #244
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,863 Posts
    eawan final boss: a spider the size of new york
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

5. Post #245
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,474 Posts
    --Heard an unpleasant, almost mechanical shriek behind me as I walked a narrow corridor. Turned, beheld beams and structures made of some sort of black metal, blocking the way back. Strangely, they look as if they've been there forever. They remind me of something...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #246
    August 2010
    457 Posts
    People are scared by different things, it happens.
    Yeah, that's true.
    But I mean, i.e.: Amnesia scared the fuck out of me, but not enough to make me stop playing, 'cause I know it's just a game and nothing bad will happen to me.

hehe

7. Post #247
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,474 Posts
    --Is someone else navigating the Asylum? Another lunatic, stuck here? Must be so. Vents don't tear their own grates off. I'll rest against this crate for now, and drop down into the vent la-

8. Post #248
    November 2010
    386 Posts
    LA WHAT DAMNIT?!

9. Post #249
    April 2011
    268 Posts
    la-ter

10. Post #250
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,474 Posts
    I have wandered this Earth for a thousand years, ever watchful on the happenings of men and demons, even as I ponder which truly walks, and which is naught but a fabrication of the shattered mind.

Having seen so many things from within my minute zone, I can only imagine the gargantuan majesty of Reality.

11. Post #251
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,553 Posts
       INMATE 01   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #252
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,474 Posts
    --If anyone is out there, please help me. I can't go on like this. I can't go on, endlessly walking around this asylum, I need someone to help me understand!

What is pain?

What is fear?

What is remorse?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #253

August 2011
    83 Posts
    Get on with teh maps! D:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #254
    April 2011
    1,387 Posts
    Bumping up this thread a bit. Love the teasers, Kahgarak!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #255
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,474 Posts
    Thank you :3

16. Post #256

17. Post #257
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #258
    April 2011
    1,387 Posts
    All I can imagine is Iris raping Marilyn with this tune in her head or in the background. Sort of like Komm, Susser Tod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

19. Post #259
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    12,812 Posts
    Wow good job I'm not sleeping now shit.

20. Post #260
    February 2011
    646 Posts
    I like how this mod is coming along. I love the story and plot. Can I help by voicing Iris's guilt (Male) and some drawings?

Also:

This is now my spray.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9Funny Funny x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #261
    April 2011
    1,387 Posts
    I like how this mod is coming along. I love the story and plot. Can I help by voicing Iris's guilt (Male) and some drawings?

Also:

This is now my spray.
    hnnngh dat spray

22. Post #262
    I regularly throw pity parties.
    August 2010
    12,310 Posts
    It would be cool to narrate the Guilt thing, but I don't have a microphone or anything.

23. Post #263
    April 2011
    1,387 Posts
    More screenshots from Eawan_2.bsp. Feel free to use them.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

24. Post #264
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,474 Posts

Also:
    -imagesnip-

This is now my spray.
    I'm actually planning on mixing various HL2 screams and ambient sound effects into the Guilt's sounds, and I think I'll manage with the drawings. Thanks a lot for wanting to contribute, though :D

Also, dat spray. It's awesome.

25. Post #265
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,863 Posts
    I still need spoilers of Eawan_2 if I'm ever going to try again. What happens after your flashlight stops working when you're standing in front of the ventilation shaft?

26. Post #266
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,474 Posts
    I still need spoilers of Eawan_2 if I'm ever going to try again. What happens after your flashlight stops working when you're standing in front of the ventilation shaft?
    Oh btw, I never programmed anything to happen to the flashlight in Eawan2. It just stops working because you ran out of battery power

I posted the solution on the youtube vid.
    Also, the flashlight might be slightly buggy in the vents- just so you know, if it acts weird in there it's NOT part of the map so don't worry, it doesn't foreshadow any freaky shit that could pop up.

27. Post #267
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,863 Posts
    Oh btw, I never programmed anything to happen to the flashlight in Eawan2. It just stops working because you ran out of battery power

I posted the solution on the youtube vid.
    Also, the flashlight might be slightly buggy in the vents- just so you know, if it acts weird in there it's NOT part of the map so don't worry, it doesn't foreshadow any freaky shit that could pop up.
    But I could see the battery life meter at the bottom of my screen and it was still near full power. I tried pressing F a few times but it wouldn't come back on, despite the "Click!" sound playing.

28. Post #268
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,474 Posts
    I blame the bugginess, haha.

29. Post #269
    Fire Fucker
    March 2011
    2,475 Posts
    This is looking awesome. First thing that came to mind with all the screenshots is a combination between Amnesia for the wandering and invisible creatures. Silent Hill for them being physical forms of memories pretty much. And Condemned 2 in the doll factory for those creepy damn drawings.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #270
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    6,702 Posts
    I think you should add some sort of texture to the writing. Right now it doesn't look like part of the environment, it just looks like an overlay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

31. Post #271
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,762 Posts
    Sv_infinite_aux_power 1

Your best frientd
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #272
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,863 Posts
    Sv_infinite_aux_power 1

Your best frientd
    I knew my flashlight was already at full power, it might have been a map-related thing that made it stop working, like the flickering flashlight in Nightmare House 2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #273
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,474 Posts
    Sadly, my modeller Entairex is unable to work on the Prey model anymore due to a school project that will take the vast majority of his time for the next YEAR.

The model is mostly done- it only needs hair, the Spinal Apparatus and a little detail on her mask, and then it is ready for texturing.

Entairex gave me the Blender file of the Prey, for someone else to finish- if there is any decent to good character modeller here that is willing to finish up and polish the Prey, you're the person I need! ;D

note: I probably won't show the model until after release- I want to surprise you guys with its sudden in-game appearance c:

34. Post #274
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,474 Posts
    third revelation is nearing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

35. Post #275
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,762 Posts
    Sadly, my modeller Entairex is unable to work on the Prey model anymore due to a school project that will take the vast majority of his time for the next YEAR.

The model is mostly done- it only needs hair, the Spinal Apparatus and a little detail on her mask, and then it is ready for texturing.

Entairex gave me the Blender file of the Prey, for someone else to finish- if there is any decent to good character modeller here that is willing to finish up and polish the Prey, you're the person I need! ;D

note: I probably won't show the model until after release- I want to surprise you guys with its sudden in-game appearance c:
    I can help. I'm super pro modeller, making things with Hyper-realistic eyes and blood....

Totally not trying to get an early peek at the prey, if thats what you're thinking. Why would I do that?.... OK, that is what I'm trying to do   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #276
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,474 Posts
    Obviously I'd want to see some work of potential modellers first... ;3

Actually, CL... because you're such a nice guy, I'll give you a sneak peek of the Prey's model.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

37. Post #277
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,762 Posts

Actually, CL... because you're such a nice guy, I'll give you a sneak peek of the Prey's model.
    Cool. and I did show you my modelling work. Remember?

38. Post #278
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,863 Posts

Aw, what about your go-to guy for making videos? I won't show it to anyone else, I promise. :3:

39. Post #279
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,474 Posts
    Cool. and I did show you my modelling work. Remember?
    I don't remember D:

Show me :3

Edited:

Aw, what about your go-to guy for making videos? I won't show it to anyone else, I promise. :3:
    lawl I was kidding, I sent him a PM, title ''prey sneak peek'', content ''no.''

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #280
    ~buttslut~
    September 2008
    5,855 Posts
    I played through amnesia start to finish solo, and i don't think i could take this mod.

I think The Guilt should sound alike to the Suitors from the Justine expansion in amnesia though, The horrible rattling breathing would freak anyone out.

Also i really like the idea for the use of Her Majesty, especially if the 'Mama!' sound becomes really disturbing and distorted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)