1. Post #121

February 2011
    53 Posts
    I own a kill server, I a using it but how can I get it to add random 1-5 metals every kill they get?

2. Post #122
    January 2012
    1 Posts
    Anyone know if this runs on DarkRP? And will it interfere with the F4 button for jobs etc. ?

3. Post #123
    Title

August 2009
    301 Posts
    I'm running a Zombie Survival gamemode and seem to get errors from a fresh install. Pressing F4 only errors on the client saying

Pressing on hats or weapons etc says these errors, settings tab opens only showing a model.

[gf_client.lua:360] attempt to call method 'GetHats' (a nil value)
    [gf_client.lua:471] attempt to call method 'GetTrails' (a nil value)
    [gf_client.lua:646] attempt to call method 'GetHats' (a nil value)

Script enforcer is on. Also, how would I change it from F4 to F5? I had a quick look through gf_client.lua but cannot find anything.

4. Post #124
    July 2010
    22 Posts
    great stuff thanx man

5. Post #125
    June 2006
    61 Posts
    is still still active and worked on? I would be intrested...

Edit: its throwing errors on my server mhh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #126
    Title

August 2009
    301 Posts
    is still still active and worked on? I would be intrested...

Edit: its throwing errors on my server mhh
    Well he has uploaded it too GM13 workshop so I'm guessing so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #127
    May 2009
    68 Posts
    If anyone has been editing this still:

Is there any LUA commands to edit trail textures, some ive added are too small, rotated the wrong way ETC. Is there anyway to fix this?

8. Post #128
    May 2011
    268 Posts
    New TF2 styled role the dice (rtd) by me which has goldenforge capablities!
    http://facepunch.com/threads/1128759?highlight=
    Tell me what you think!

9. Post #129
    April 2012
    5 Posts
    For the people with this error:

[gf_client.lua:360] attempt to call method 'GetHats' (a nil value)
    [gf_client.lua:471] attempt to call method 'GetTrails' (a nil value)
    [gf_client.lua:646] attempt to call method 'GetHats' (a nil value)

Use 7-Zip and don't forget to place it in /addons.
    I'd like to thank Chewgum for helping me with this. :)

10. Post #130
    May 2010
    7 Posts
    Looks great! But how would I go about making this only usable for a specific group of players only?

Thanks!

EDIT: Figured it out.

11. Post #131
    May 2011
    268 Posts
    Looks great! But how would I go about making this only usable for a specific group of players only?

Thanks!
    Are you asking about my RTD if so, I can give you a few little codes

12. Post #132
    October 2009
    5,853 Posts
    Are you asking about my RTD if so, I can give you a few little codes
    For fuck sake dude not every single post here regarding an store has to go with your RTD script seriously stop it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Venezuela Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #133
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    48 Posts
    Where can I locate the file that changes the execute button from "f4" to something like "f5" or "f6" ? I've looked for it but cannot find it

14. Post #134
    metromod.net
    April 2010
    2,216 Posts
    Where can I locate the file that changes the execute button from "f4" to something like "f5" or "f6" ? I've looked for it but cannot find it
    gf_server.lua, search for "ShowSpare2"
    you can't make it open on f5/6 there though.

15. Post #135
    Glod Menber
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,249 Posts
    Does this even still work?

16. Post #136

May 2012
    31 Posts
    This is really good, but everytime i kill Death or a runner, i don't get any Scrap Metal? This is the same thing with the pointshops and it's pissing me off... Great work, but how do i get the metal to work upon death?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #137

May 2012
    9 Posts
    timer.Create( "gsmem", 60, 0, function()
    for k, v in pairs(GF.GrtPlayers()) do
    if ply:IsAdmin() or ply:IsSuperAdmin() then
    Player.GiveScrapMeatal(10, Thanks For Donating to the server, you get 10 more metal in 1 min)
    else
    Player.GiveScrapMetal(2, Thanks for playing on the server, you recieve mroe metal in 1 min)
    end
    end
    end)
    Where do I put this to make it work? Also, Is it possible to make it able to do this:

INNO kills traitor inno gets 10 points, And if so, where do I put it?

18. Post #138

May 2012
    5 Posts
    i got a problem my points are now - and i cant buy anything and i dont know how to reset them i tryed unistalling goldenforge and reinstalling it then it says i have 0 points and then when i earn them i get - and does any 1 know how to do a lua script for winning money on deathrun?

19. Post #139

May 2012
    31 Posts
    i got a problem my points are now - and i cant buy anything and i dont know how to reset them i tryed unistalling goldenforge and reinstalling it then it says i have 0 points and then when i earn them i get - and does any 1 know how to do a lua script for winning money on deathrun?
    Here it is. Just place it in the init.lua file on the Gamemode.

function GM:OnRoundResult( result, resulttext )
        self.BaseClass:OnRoundResult( result, resulttext )

for _,v in pairs( player.GetAll() ) do
            if v:Alive() and v:Team() == result then
                v:GiveScrapMetal( 15, "You have won and recieved 15 scrapmetal!" )
            end
        end
    end 

20. Post #140

July 2011
    33 Posts
    Does any one know how to add a player model section to this shop because im not very good at scripting and i gave it ago but it is hard would some 1 show me how to make a player model section like the trails and hat section and would u be able to show me what to put in the lua file so i can get the playermodels into that section
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #141

May 2012
    5 Posts
    Can some one help me with a playermodel section in this shop the setup_ i dont know what to put in there to make it a playermodel section please Help Thanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #142
    May 2010
    7 Posts
    I'm surprised no one mentioned that there isn't a sell feature on this. Will there be one in the future? And if not, how could I go about adding this myself?

23. Post #143
    I'm in the process of creating a server and I'm almost finished, and I want to intergrate your addon into the server but I have a few questions first.
    - Does Goldenforge still work?
    - Can Goldenforge give players money on a time delay. Say every 5 minutes the player would recieve some points.
    - Can I rename the point system and addon name in-game with your permission? Credit will be given.
    Thank you for reading, and I would very please if you could take the time to respond.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #144
    Fluttershy Enthusiast
    June 2011
    6,179 Posts
    I'm in the process of creating a server and I'm almost finished, and I want to intergrate your addon into the server but I have a few questions first.
    - Does Goldenforge still work?
    - Can Goldenforge give players money on a time delay. Say every 5 minutes the player would recieve some points.
    - Can I rename the point system and addon name in-game with your permission? Credit will be given.
    Thank you for reading, and I would very please if you could take the time to respond.
    Test it, for me it didnt

25. Post #145

January 2012
    53 Posts
    Whenever you join a server, if says you are have 0 points and then a few minutes later it shows your actually points.
    Is there anyway to fix this? Because there have been numerous complaints of people on my server having 0 points.

26. Post #146
    I've done a few tests on this and it still works quite well.
    Only problem I found is that you couldn't unequip your hats

27. Post #147
    July 2012
    28 Posts
    Does this even still work?
    works for me, would love to see people updating it, commiting to svn or what not, i see people have powerups and such.

I can unequipe hats, i simply hit the cross next to its name ;)

28. Post #148
    Fluttershy Enthusiast
    June 2011
    6,179 Posts
    works for me, would love to see people updating it, commiting to svn or what not, i see people have powerups and such.

I can unequipe hats, i simply hit the cross next to its name ;)
    Nice reply to a several month old post.

29. Post #149
    September 2011
    44 Posts
    I updated and improved some stuff on the workshop/gmod 13 version: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...tails/?id=6857

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Lua King Lua King x 2 (list)

30. Post #150

September 2012
    52 Posts
    i got the addon working to an extent, all seems to work but when you try to equip somthing this error comes up and you cant see anything on the model.
    in this case it was equiping headcrab

[ERROR] attempt to index local 'attachment' (a nil value)
    1. LayoutEntity - addons/goldenforge/lua/gf_items/hats/headcrabhat.lua:21
    2. LayoutEntity - addons/goldenforge/lua/gf_client.lua:560
    3. unknown - lua/vgui/dmodelpanel.lua:94

[ERROR] bad argument #1 to 'SetPos' (Vector expected, got nil)
    1. SetPos - [C]:-1
    2. LayoutEntity - addons/goldenforge/lua/gf_client.lua:562
    3. unknown - lua/vgui/dmodelpanel.lua:94

Addtion:

Trails work fine

Been looking over and seems that the Hats that have scale in dont work.

edited the lua of a hat that dident work and removed scaling factors and it worked.

so the problem has somthing to do with the scaling codes used

31. Post #151

June 2007
    37 Posts
    For some reason trails work fine, but hats do not after a server restart or map change.

32. Post #152
    metromod.net
    April 2010
    2,216 Posts
    I updated it yesterday, it should work 100%. You should clear your data folder of any 'goldenforge' folder though.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=104466381
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

33. Post #153

November 2011
    55 Posts
    How can I install this onto my dedicated server?

34. Post #154

November 2012
    8 Posts
    I'm having trouble with this in Trouble in Terrorist Town, the models (other than the afro) are all too low, being in the players neck or head. How can I fix this? Also, it works properly for a little while after the server starts.
    How can I install this onto my dedicated server?
    http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1173875
    Then rename info.txt addon.txt, then put the folder into the addons folder.

35. Post #155
    Gold Member

March 2010
    149 Posts
    How would i go about calling for the scrap metal for a hud that im making for my server to display the scrap metal they have?

36. Post #156
    January 2012
    118 Posts
    any idea how to make it so i can only wear 1 hat at a time?

37. Post #157

September 2012
    52 Posts
    this happens because the css models are made diferernt sizes, so the hats will work for one but not for the rest

Also is there any news on the hats staying wear they are glitch.

38. Post #158
    Gold Member

March 2010
    149 Posts
    I dont think the mod maker is supporting this as there's been no support since august.

39. Post #159
    May 2009
    942 Posts
    I dont think the mod maker is supporting this as there's been no support since august.
    Really? If you look up about 6 posts, you'll see he replied about.. a week ago.

40. Post #160
    Gold Member

March 2010
    149 Posts
    Really? If you look up about 6 posts, you'll see he replied about.. a week ago.
    Opps missed that one :P sorry chewgum