1. Post #321
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,911 Posts
    Actually, Uncle Owen ends up killing Maul with a sniper rifle headshot, Obi-Wan almost loses again.

You'd think they would at least include fuckin' Qui-Gon on this poster, amirite?

Nevertheless, it is Star Wars, and as a fanboy for life, I will see it in REAL D 3D.

Wait a second, what's the first D for? Is it like real dimension 3rd dimension? wtf?
    Qui-Gon was the worst jedi ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

2. Post #322
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BAKELITE FETISH
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    How is it magic? the Lightsaber is so hot it burns the wound shut as it goes through?
    And leaves the person in one piece.

Edited:

Qui-Gon was a fucking pimp-ass nigga and if you disrespect him like that he's gonna take you out back and fucking shoot you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

3. Post #323
    the fuck is this?
    November 2009
    7,218 Posts
    Let me correct myself:

Liam Neeson should be on that poster, amirite?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #324
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,911 Posts
    Let me correct myself:

Liam Neeson should be on that poster, amirite?
    Now when you put it that way...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #325
    few words to create space
    January 2009
    8,096 Posts
    I honestly hope that some good director will try to remake the prequels in a more proper way. By that I mean we actually believe Anakin can become Darth Vader. I'm worried though because Lucas wouldn't allow his work to be altered even when he's dead. In the end it's his franchise but I'm still sad the guy who made the original trilogy is capable of fucking up the prequels so much and adding so many unneeded things to his original work. I almost suspect he does it to lower the quality of the IV, V and VI to that of the prequels.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #326
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,458 Posts
    I honestly hope that some good director will try to remake the prequels in a more proper way. By that I mean we actually believe Anakin can become Darth Vader. I'm worried though because Lucas wouldn't allow his work to be altered even when he's dead. In the end it's his franchise but I'm still sad the guy who made the original trilogy is capable of fucking up the prequels so much and adding so many unneeded things to his original work. I almost suspect he does it to lower the quality of the IV, V and VI to that of the prequels.
    I think the only reason the original saga didn't suck was because Lucas wasn't that much in creative control. With the prequels he could do what he wanted creatively, and look how that ended.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

7. Post #327
    RG4
    November 2010
    2,892 Posts
    wow, that's like the definition of comic book logic

that's like finding a way to bring the emperor back from falling into the exploding death star, though even george lucas didn't stoop that low

Edited:

I love how the art design for the posters has deteriorated over the years. I mean, compare this shitpile to the original 1970s posters.
    I don't think they let Ralph Mcquarrie do it

Either that or I'm not thinking of the right artist
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

8. Post #328
    equalize, distort, equalize
    March 2007
    5,063 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 9Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #329
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    19,201 Posts
    I laughed a little too hard at:

"Credits will do fine."

"No they won't."

(Jedi mind trick) "Credits will do fine."

"NO, THEY WON'T."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #330
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    10,845 Posts
    I laughed a little too hard at:

"Credits will do fine."

"No they won't."

(Jedi mind trick) "Credits will do fine."

"NO, THEY WON'T."
    Apparently Hutts and Toydarians (what Watto is, I think), along with a few other very intelligent/shifty races are completely immune to Jedi mind tricks. Not so much for other Jedi powers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

11. Post #331
    King Shit of Turd Mountain
    July 2009
    8,929 Posts
    Actually Maul was brought back in a non cannon (but still official I believe) comic book where he tries to kill a young Luke and Ben kicks the shit out of him. Funny because at the time it was non cannon and was he was confirmed dead.

More lore rape hooray!
    Oh yes, I remember that, and Obi-Wan almost gets him, but Uncle Owen shoots Maul in the head and totally steals it from Obi-Wan and then he tells him to never come back.

Man, Uncle Owen is a dick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

12. Post #332
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    Apparently Hutts and Toydarians (what Watto is, I think), along with a few other very intelligent/shifty races are completely immune to Jedi mind tricks. Not so much for other Jedi powers.
    Gungans , too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

13. Post #333
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,911 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #334
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    19,201 Posts
    I didn't think it was a bad joke. I smiled when he said it in the movie. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #335
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    I didn't think it was a bad joke. I smiled when he said it in the movie. :(
    i didn't smile at all during ep1
    i was busy crying
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #336
    Everything I post is absolute bollocks until proven otherwise.
    July 2008
    11,221 Posts
    No children. No comic relief. No jar jar. But maybe Gungans portrayed in a better light (I'll find a way).
    No magic lightsabers that cauterize people's halves together upon exiting.

It won't be Inglourious Basterds, though. More like Drive mixed with District 9 and the better parts of the new trilogy. I'd say a heavy PG-13 rating, no crazy gore and brutal violence.

And skeligandrew, I'll bet forty rubles Lucas puts "Don't fuck with my ART" in his will.

Edited:

Or leaves in the Sarlacc's beak and the enhanced space combat/flying shit, but leaves out the bucking Ronto, that fucking musical score in Jabba's palace, and other shit like that. Han shoots first, no CG walkie-talkies, and no censored smoke clouds when people get shot. Oh, and Lando's Cloud City announcement gets scrapped.
    You're too fanboy and immature to deserve to reboot anything. Especially Star Wars. The fact you want to reboot Star Wars is example of this alone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #337
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    19,201 Posts
    You're too fanboy and immature to deserve to reboot anything. Especially Star Wars. The fact you want to reboot Star Wars is example of this alone.
    I honestly wouldn't mind if they tried to do the prequels again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #338
    March 2011
    1,864 Posts
    I honestly wouldn't mind if they tried to do the prequels again.
    It would just degenerate into a massive Lucas hate circle jerk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

19. Post #339
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    19,201 Posts
    It would just degenerate into a massive Lucas hate circle jerk.
    Oh no, George Lucas has lost his franchise ruining privileges.

I'd want someone who could do them decently.

OR BETTER YET, give us Episodes VII, VII and IX.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #340
    RG4
    November 2010
    2,892 Posts
    Gungans , too
    No they arent, in the first movie Qui-Gon actually tricked them into giving the sub and Jar-Jar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #341
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,330 Posts
    No they arent, in the first movie Qui-Gon actually tricked them into giving the sub and Jar-Jar
    The first part is true, but he didn't Mind trick him into giving them jar Jar, he pulled the Life Debt card there.

Plus even if there wasn't a life debt, they probably would have given them to him even without a mind trick. Not even his own people like him. Well not until the end of the movie.

Edited:

Man, Uncle Owen is a dick.
    Out of the 2 Jedi he ever met, one turned into a whiny bitch and then a badass evil guy

The other one gave them a kid and became a old hermit in the desert which attracted an evil half Sith Cyborg to their home.

I'd be a dick to him as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

22. Post #342
    Dennab
    April 2010
    5,256 Posts
    Am I the only one who thought episode one was actually better than the subsequent sequels, besides the gungans and fucking jar jar binks?

It was far from flawless of course, but some scenes were very memorable and looking back, quite enjoyable. I always felt the lightsaber coreography in episode 1 was far better too. It was much more controlled and less over the top, it actually resembled something akin to swordfighting. The choreography in the sequels looked like Michael Jackson getting a bit too excited with a fencing saber.

IMO attack of the clones is the worst movie of the entire series. Terrible dialogue and a really unconvincing romance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #343
    Has anyone seen The Phantom Edit?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

24. Post #344
    Dosen't need a bigger avatar
    April 2010
    3,199 Posts
    wow, no but it sounds great
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #345
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,088 Posts
    So, promotional material finally arises

Looks amateurish
    See, this is hilarious how much they're trying to cash in on what people liked. It's like "DARTH MAUL! DARTH MAUL! Look! There's YODA! and the PODRACES!"
    Meanwhile Anakin, Padme, Jar Jar, Qui-Gon, etc. are nowhere to be seen

26. Post #346
    Dennab
    April 2010
    5,256 Posts
    This sounds fantastic.

One of the biggest things that pained me about EP1 was the battle droid dialogue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #347
    The Amazing
    April 2009
    4,935 Posts
    I always felt that the original Star Wars movies were too cheesy. I just don't really understand the hype behind them compared to the hate towards the prequels. Could someone explain why they are hated?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #348
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,182 Posts
    For me, Hayden Christensen
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Singapore Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #349
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    19,201 Posts
    For me, Hayden Christensen
    Mmhmm.

They honestly would have been decent movies if it wasn't for Hayden. Maybe even GOOD movies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #350
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,701 Posts
    How about the fact that no one likes Jar Jar or stupid explanations for the force or kids

YIPPIE

31. Post #351
    the fuck is this?
    November 2009
    7,218 Posts
    Ever since seeing A New Hope Revisited, I've tended to instantly turn down fan edits. However, this does sound like it is improved. I don't see anything wrong with the battle droid dialogue though, maybe the SBDs in episode 3, but fine elsewhere.

32. Post #352
    March 2011
    1,864 Posts
    I liked the battle droids in Episode 1. They sounded cool, and were actually capable of handling things themselves unlike in the other movies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

33. Post #353
    June 2010
    498 Posts
    I always felt that the original Star Wars movies were too cheesy. I just don't really understand the hype behind them compared to the hate towards the prequels. Could someone explain why they are hated?
    I enjoyed the prequels less then the originals mainly because the dialog (& delivery) seemed so much more wooden. The interactions for the most part felt more natural in the originals.

34. Post #354
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,442 Posts
    Mmhmm.

They honestly would have been decent movies if it wasn't for Hayden. Maybe even GOOD movies.
    I don't think it was his fault, not even Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor could read Lucas' shitty dialogue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

35. Post #355
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,148 Posts
    I watched the Prequel trilogy before seeing any of the original trilogy (infact I only watched them last week), so probably all my opinions are wrong, but I hated the fucking Ewoks. They were dumb.

Edited:

The only things I don't understand about the prequels, are how Darth Sidious managed to hide from Yoda, Windu and all those other fucking Jedi, when he was a powerful sith, and he was right up in their face the whole time.

I also don't get how it seemed like everytime throughout the trilogy a Jedi got shot at, they predicted it and blocked it or whatever. Then right at the end they pretty much commenced mass suicide by letting clone troopers shoot them all, when they should've been able to take them on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

36. Post #356
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    392 Posts
    If they ever were to make a Star Wars film again, it would have to be the same era as Old Republic, and preferably during the same time as Revan and Malak was alive.

It should also use the same dark setting as in the games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #357
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,182 Posts
    Looks like Sam Witwer will be voicing Darth Maul
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Singapore Show Events

38. Post #358
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,458 Posts
    I watched the Prequel trilogy before seeing any of the original trilogy (infact I only watched them last week), so probably all my opinions are wrong, but I hated the fucking Ewoks. They were dumb.

Edited:

The only things I don't understand about the prequels, are how Darth Sidious managed to hide from Yoda, Windu and all those other fucking Jedi, when he was a powerful sith, and he was right up in their face the whole time.

I also don't get how it seemed like everytime throughout the trilogy a Jedi got shot at, they predicted it and blocked it or whatever. Then right at the end they pretty much commenced mass suicide by letting clone troopers shoot them all, when they should've been able to take them on.
    Well the ewoks were the gungans of the original trilogy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

39. Post #359
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    19,201 Posts
    I don't think it was his fault, not even Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor could read Lucas' shitty dialogue.
    Well, that and the fact that they were acting in front of a green screen for almost the entire movie.

I didn't like the writing in Episode III very much, but Ewan McGregor didn't do that bad of an acting job as far as I'm concerned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #360
    Dennab
    April 2010
    5,256 Posts
    Mmhmm.

No. Nothing could've saved AOTC's terrible dialogue.

Edited:

But anyone thinking this a problem unique to the prequels alone, i implore you to go back and watch the original trilogy.

It's a problem with anything Lucas writes or directs. Hence why Empire Strikes Back is the best of the whole bunch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events