1. Post #681
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,210 Posts
    He's still one of the least memorable characters in the movies
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #682
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,210 Posts
    don't get me wrong, he's still fairly important, he's just not someone you'll always remember.

try to remember what's the name of the planet that blows up at the beginning of IV
    now, try to remember that guy's name, without going to the last page
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

3. Post #683
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,503 Posts
    don't get me wrong, he's still fairly important, he's just not someone you'll always remember.

try to remember what's the name of the planet that blows up at the beginning of IV
    Alderaan
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #684
    November 2009
    6,442 Posts

well, being a dick, no planet blows up at the BEGINNING of IV. but yeah, it's alderaan.

and it's bail organa, played by jimmy smits. first a senator in the prequel trilogy, later a secret rebellion leader, and as many people thought was that old fart at the secret moon base was actually general dodonna. organa was killed when alderaan was destroyed, along with the rest of the house of organa (save leia of course).

i know my shit inside and out (take that however you want, i wrote it, deal with it).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #685
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,210 Posts
    well thats ok, but then again, you're an exception, not everyone who's a SW fan knows everything about it.

and the last part of your post was completely unnecessary
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #686
    RG4
    November 2010
    2,891 Posts
    Um no, he's in both Episodes II and III, and I'm pretty sure they mention him in Episode I.
    Believe or not Bail was one the first draft characters.
    The origins of the character of Bail Organa can be found in the early drafts of the original Star Wars film.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #687
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,557 Posts
    Wookieepedia is doing their Annual April Fools

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

I chuckles at this article

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/All_T...onal_Transport
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

8. Post #688
    RG4
    November 2010
    2,891 Posts
    "My father was a hoax. You are the true Chosen One, Master Katarn."
    ―Luke Skywalker
    Oh god I fill like on Darthpedia
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

9. Post #689
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,557 Posts
    Jeeze, I knew there was canon reasons certain things are different between movies facts wise, but there is even a canon reason why Luke's lightsaber is a different shade of blue then when Anakin had it in Episode 3.

The lightsaber remained in Obi-Wan Kenobi's possession for the following nineteen years, and because of this, the weapon´s focusing crystal resulted altered after almost two decades of not being used, causing a direct effect on the lighstaber´s blue blade, making it more clear.
    Couldn't they just stick with the real word reason that the movies are old, so old FX? Did they really need an in universe explanation?

Edited:

Now that think of it crystals dull in real life don't they? So it kinda makes sense.

Also, I never noticed until now but Anakin's first lightsaber (the one he had in most of Episode 2) is nearly identical to his saber he has as Darth Vader.

10. Post #690
    March 2011
    1,821 Posts
    I actually like Anakin's Episode II saber way better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #691
    November 2009
    6,442 Posts
    Also, I never noticed until now but Anakin's first lightsaber (the one he had in most of Episode 2) is nearly identical to his saber he has as Darth Vader.
    It's intentionally that way, foreshadowing. Notice also how in Episode II, Anakin has a haircut similar to Obi-Wan's hair in Episode I, then in Episode III he has his hair longer like how Obi-Wan did in Episode II. Also, Luke's saber hilt in ROTJ is similar to the design of Obi-Wan's from ROTS/ANH.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #692
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,210 Posts
    I really love these small things that aren't THAT noticeable, and make you go "oooooooohh" when you find out
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #693
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,557 Posts
    I might be getting one of those Force FX sabers. But I don't know what to choose.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/collectibles/b72c/
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/co...es/e26d/?srp=3

I want to get one with a Detachable blade because it looks better by itself when put on the Mount.

But I also I want Mace Windu's saber, but it doesn't have a detachable Blade version.

If I go with the detachable blade version, then I'm stuck on what hilt I want.. Obi-Wan's or Vader's.

14. Post #694
    March 2011
    1,821 Posts
    I'd say not to go with Obi-Wan's, because it's not screen accurate. The Force FX is considerably fatter than the prop used in the film.

I've been meaning to get one of these too. I want either Mace Windu's or Kit Fisto's(Yes, they do make a Kit Fisto one: http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Forc.../dp/B005ANCQQS)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #695
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,210 Posts
    I have my trusty, extendable obi-wan lightsaber right here, and I'm already fine with it

Edited:

kit fisto's lighstaber's hilt looks pretty boring tbh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

16. Post #696
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,557 Posts
    I'd say not to go with Obi-Wan's, because it's not screen accurate. The Force FX is considerably fatter than the prop used in the film.
    That is actually mentioned in the FAQ, the Sabers are not 100% accurate because they need to shove all those electronic gizmos in there.

Edited:

I was browsing Hasbro's website (they make the Force FX sabers now) its 10 Dollars cheaper to buy from them then to buy from Think Geek.

Probably because Think Geek is a third party.

17. Post #697
    March 2011
    3,987 Posts
    I hope they make another novel/comic with another expedition to the hyperspace disturbance at the edge of the galaxy.

Would be pretty cool seeing other galaxies and more species like the Yuuzhan Vong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #698
    November 2009
    6,442 Posts
    ^I didn't like the Yuuzhan Vong shit that much, nobody should be naturally untouchable by the Force.

Also, I've always wanted a Force FX lightsaber, and now that they have removable blades, I have to get one.

The greatest question of all is: which one? They're all so amazingly sculpted, I may just buy them all. I'm considering going to C6 this year (depends if I haven't gone into boot camp yet) and want to go as Luke Skywalker. Shit, doesn't even need to be C6, any convention for that matter. Although, should I go as ANH Luke or ROTJ Luke? My hair is pretty dark (imagine a pile of human shit for hair), so I guess the default would be ROTJ... or I could be Han Solo...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

19. Post #699
    March 2011
    3,987 Posts
    Maybe not exactly like the Yuuzhan Vong, but more types of species that exist outside the galaxy, more societies perhaps?

20. Post #700
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,557 Posts
    Heh, I caused a Paradox in X-Wing Alliance, I blew up Admiral Thrawn's Star Destroyer during the Battle of Endor.

No-one posted here for May the 4th, I'm disappointed.

I re-watched Episode 5 Friday, still awesome.

21. Post #701
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,214 Posts
    how dare you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #702
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,557 Posts
    For anyone who has X-Wing Alliance:

Darksaber did release 2.0 of his Ultimate Craft Pack May 1st, hes taken it down do to some model and video Codec errors. It should be back up within the next week

http://www.darksaber.pnma.co.uk/craftpackucp.html

Replaces all if not most of the stock craft with new models and cockpits plus added new ships not in the default game.

You can find screens of all the upgraded default craft here. Some screens may be outdated.

http://www.xwaupgrade.com/screenshots.php

The game was released in 1999, the engine is old so the models may not look as good as modern stuff but its a vast improvement over the old models.

One thing I like is the attention to detail

http://www.xwaupgrade.com/renders/x-wing_3_9.png

They modeled the Targeting computer from EP4 (top right of the screen)

23. Post #703
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,557 Posts
    Season 5 'Teaser' for the Clone Wars

http://starwars.com/watch/tcw_season...r_trailer.html
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

24. Post #704
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,557 Posts
    New Star Wars game being revealed on Gametrailer TV at 1AM EST on Spike.

I hope it isn't shit like the kinect game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

25. Post #705
    Everything I post is absolute bollocks until proven otherwise.
    July 2008
    10,769 Posts
    Yay, it's still not Battlefront.

/sarcasm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

26. Post #706
    November 2009
    6,442 Posts
    Apparently it's a Boba Fett game, called Star Wars 1313 (the numbers being an identity he used for a short while). AKA, Bounty Hunter 2.

27. Post #707
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,557 Posts
    Apparently it's a Boba Fett game, called Star Wars 1313 (the numbers being an identity he used for a short while). AKA, Bounty Hunter 2.
    No, its nothing like that.

1313 is the name of the place that it takes place. and you don't play Boba Fett.

You do play as a bounty hunter though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #708
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,753 Posts
    if its anything like buonty hunter then it should be pretty cool!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #709
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,557 Posts
    Its third person on the Unreal Engine.

30. Post #710
    November 2009
    6,442 Posts
    No, its nothing like that.

1313 is the name of the place that it takes place. and you don't play Boba Fett.

You do play as a bounty hunter though.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/CT-1313
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #711
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,557 Posts

32. Post #712
    March 2011
    1,821 Posts
    How disappointing.

I'll be amazed if it's actually good, looks like it's slated to be another Force Unleashed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #713
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,557 Posts
    How disappointing.

I'll be amazed if it's actually good, looks like it's slated to be another Force Unleashed.
    How can you tell from little to no footage?

There will be gameplay shown tomorrow.

I heard rumor that they're not aiming for a T rating, and that a M rating is possible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

34. Post #714
    March 2011
    1,821 Posts
    I can tell from little to no footage because Lucasarts' last titles were overwhelmingly unremarkable.

The small tidbits of information suggest to me that they're trying to cash in on the overt fanaticism of Boba Fett by making it about a bounty hunter.    As you can all see I'm very bitter about this not being Battlefront 3.   

You play as Boba Fett's secret bounty hunter apprentice   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

35. Post #715
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,108 Posts
    "Star Wars live action series is like Deadwood in space", says Lucasfilm producer Rick McCallum. "The TV series we have spent three and a half years on and there are 50 hours totally scripted... Well, they’re all second draft scripts and it would probably take a year of prep before shooting would start, but that’s because they’re all very complex.

"Our biggest problem is that these stories are adult. I mean…these are like Deadwood in space. It's so unlike anything you’ve ever associated with George before in relation to Star Wars. These aren't for kids. I mean, we hope they’ll watch, but it's not being targeted at 8-to-9 year old boys. The situation we have is that each episode – or if you put two hour long episodes together – is bigger than any film we've ever done. It's on the Avatar level and we'll only have about $5-6 million we can spend on each episode."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #716
    November 2009
    6,442 Posts
    "Star Wars live action series is like Deadwood in space", says Lucasfilm producer Rick McCallum. "The TV series we have spent three and a half years on and there are 50 hours totally scripted... Well, they’re all second draft scripts and it would probably take a year of prep before shooting would start, but that’s because they’re all very complex.

"Our biggest problem is that these stories are adult. I mean…these are like Deadwood in space. It's so unlike anything you’ve ever associated with George before in relation to Star Wars. These aren't for kids. I mean, we hope they’ll watch, but it's not being targeted at 8-to-9 year old boys. The situation we have is that each episode – or if you put two hour long episodes together – is bigger than any film we've ever done. It's on the Avatar level and we'll only have about $5-6 million we can spend on each episode."
    damn it rick, we don't care, just give us the show already!

or at least that animated comedy spinoff.

37. Post #717
    July 2008
    10,769 Posts
    Despite wanting Battlefront 3 a lot.

This other game looks awesome.

38. Post #718
    July 2008
    10,769 Posts
    NEW STAR WARS FILM ANNOUNCED

STAR WARS EPISODE 7

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20146942

Facts:
    - Lucasarts acquired by Disney.
    - "It's now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation of film-makers." - Lucas
    - Release date 2015

Sounds like Lucas didn't really have much choice but to say that statement. It's not like he'd have any fucking pull anyway. Wasn't he set to retire and had already stepped down? He also made very clear he didn't want to be part of Hollywood anymore in any shape. But even he refused to fuck the series in the butt anymore with another movie.

This could either end up being a really good thing (Like Marvel) or really bad (Star Wars Prequels).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

39. Post #719
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    4,089 Posts
    I feel like the Clone Wars (the 2 part thing not the series) was the best thing that came out of the prequels. The only problem is that I'll never be able to experience the nostalgia during the opening Greviace fight because I scratched the disk and now it just skips the part.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #720
    June 2008
    4,617 Posts
    NEW STAR WARS FILM ANNOUNCED

STAR WARS EPISODE 7

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20146942

Facts:
    - Lucasarts acquired by Disney.
    - "It's now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation of film-makers." - Lucas
    - Release date 2015

Sounds like Lucas didn't really have much choice but to say that statement. It's not like he'd have any fucking pull anyway. Wasn't he set to retire and had already stepped down? He also made very clear he didn't want to be part of Hollywood anymore in any shape. But even he refused to fuck the series in the butt anymore with another movie.

This could either end up being a really good thing (Like Marvel) or really bad (Star Wars Prequels).
    The prequels didn't exactly do much justice. Certainly mixed feelings about this.