1. Post #641
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,340 Posts
    Still my favorite lightsaber battle in all six movies.

Wow Rewatching that. The music that plays when Qui-Gon gets stabbed is the same music you hear every time you board your ship as a Sith Warrior in TOR. Don't know if its the same music with the other Empire classes, I've only leveled a Warrior on the empire side
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

2. Post #642
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    19,227 Posts
    I liked the Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan fight. Looked amazing in theaters and on Blu-Ray.
    I liked it, I guess. There was a couple things I hated about it, though.

-I know that it's the most built up fight in all 6 movies aside from Luke fighting Vader in Episode VI, but that bit where they are literally just doing flips and tricks with their lightsabers was REALLY stupid and I'm surprised that nobody really talks about that, yet they nitpick the rest of the film.

-I found it to be really boring after they go out to the lava on Mustafar about 3-4 minutes into the fight. It lasts way too long and not that much fighting goes on. It's mostly just Obi-Wan and Darth Vader being exposed to the elements.

Go to 1:40 for the lightsaber swinging nonsense I mentioned.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #643
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,855 Posts
    afaic, spinning around like a yo yo while fighting with lighstabers is pretty over the top

Edited:

mind explaining the dumb rating? how is that not over the top?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #644
    March 2010
    2,242 Posts
    I think we need a moment of silence for these helpless super battle droids:

they were just doing their job and searching the jedis' ships

then out of no where, r2d2 burns them!

rip fellow droids ;(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

5. Post #645
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    24,629 Posts
    They should have kept the Soulless Killing Machine voice for the droids in Ep III. The funny-speak just sounds stupid.

It works in the TV series though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

6. Post #646
    March 2010
    2,242 Posts
    R2D2012
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #647
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,855 Posts
    They should have kept the Soulless Killing Machine voice for the droids in Ep III. The funny-speak just sounds stupid.

It works in the TV series though.
    probably one of the things that make EP 1 feel so childish at times
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #648
    the fuck is this?
    November 2009
    7,224 Posts
    afaic, spinning around like a yo yo while fighting with lighstabers is pretty over the top

Edited:

No, over the top would be Anakin and Obi-Wan on a ledge with an explosion (not lava jerking around, mind you, that already happens, I mean like a random bomb going off) right below them or something. Over the top is Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

9. Post #649
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,855 Posts
    then I don't know what your definition of "over the top" is, bro
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

10. Post #650
    RG4
    November 2010
    2,892 Posts

Edited:

I'm assuming it was an opening stance to another form of lightsaber combat or trying to fake out each other.

11. Post #651
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    9,253 Posts
    No, over the top would be Anakin and Obi-Wan on a ledge with an explosion (not lava jerking around, mind you, that already happens, I mean like a random bomb going off) right below them or something. Over the top is Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.
    dude, the RoTS fight was incredibly over the top and stupidly drawn out. it was supposed to be on of the most emotional fights in the prequel trilogy(which Lucas already fucked up with his horrible character writing), and Lucas decided it needed to be a fucking spectacle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #652
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,340 Posts
    probably one of the things that make EP 1 feel so childish at times
    Uh what? The Souless voices make it seem childish? Did you even read what he said?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #653
    You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
    January 2007
    1,961 Posts
    The best thing about the the final fight in Episode III was the score.

Anakin vs. Obi-Wan is my favourite piece from the Prequels.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

14. Post #654
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    7,295 Posts
    The best thing about the the final fight in Episode III was the score.

Anakin vs. Obi-Wan is my favourite piece from the Prequels.
    Its one of my favorite from the whole series.

15. Post #655
    March 2010
    2,242 Posts
    I liked the music in the battle of hoth scene
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #656
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    816 Posts
    The scores for Episode 1, 2 and 3 are nowhere near as memorable as the originals. Sure, it had 'Battle of the Heroes' and 'Duel of the Fates'...but that can't beat the "creativeness" of 'Cantina Band', 'The Princess Appears' (sometimes clipped down and named 'Binary Sunset'/'Force Theme'), and the rest. (The Imperial March/Main Theme) etc.

Honestly, I can listen to the sequel soundtracks and get a good picture of what's happening, the emotions, events, tensions, I can't with the prequels...

My favourite piece from any movie ever:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #657
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    24,629 Posts
    The piece used in the background of the attack on the first Death Star is also great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #658
    You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
    January 2007
    1,961 Posts
    From the originals I always find myself listening to The Empire Strikes Back score the most: Battle of Hoth, The Asteroid Field, Yoda's Theme, The Clash of Lightsabers, and The Imperial March.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #659
    March 2011
    1,864 Posts
    For me it's Across the Stars (Anakin and Padme's theme), Leia's theme, the end music from Empire Strikes back (the music that plays during the reconstruction of Luke's hand that moves into the credits), and my all time favorite soundtrack piece from any movie: the choral music that plays for two minutes or so during the Battle of Endor.

20. Post #660
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,855 Posts
    Uh what? The Souless voices make it seem childish? Did you even read what he said?
    my bad, I misread it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #661
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    19,227 Posts
    I think we can all agree that The Empire Strikes Back is the best of all 6.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

22. Post #662
    This is -- excuse me -- a DAMN fine cup of coffee.
    August 2008
    8,795 Posts
    I liked the song that played during Padme's funeral, especially when it ended with the Binary Sunsets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

23. Post #663
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,855 Posts
    duel of the fates is still the best song in all the prequels
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #664
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,340 Posts
    I used to have one of those 'Kill Tracker' programs for Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy and I had it set to play Duel of the Fates when ever I did a Private Duel. After Episode 3 came out I set it to "Anakin vs. Obi-Wan"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

25. Post #665
    the fuck is this?
    November 2009
    7,224 Posts
    I don't know how many of you here are music nuts like me, but I always thought that the opening titles for the OT were much better than the PT, they all had their own little differences that kind of reflected on each movie. The PT openings sounded pre-recorded and used over (I'm still convinced the opening title on The Phantom Menace is re-used for Revenge of the Sith).

Also, uh, I'm such a music nut (more specifically Star Wars nut) that I have not only all the soundtracks, I also have bootleg complete scores (pretty damn good quality too) and sheet music (I play trumpet). Yep, I even record myself playing random SW songs.

edit: here's a pretty decently-made medley, i can also play every song in it :|

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #666
    few words to create space
    January 2009
    8,097 Posts
    It's funny, because I played a lot of Jedi Academy I remember specific missions that used some of these tracks better than parts of the movies they were used in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #667
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,855 Posts
    I agree that the OT has a better soundtrack, but the PT has some nice music, too.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

28. Post #668
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,340 Posts
    One piece of music I don't think I've heard in any Star Wars video game is the music from the Medal ceremony at the end of Ep4.

Other then that I've heard nearly if not every every piece of Star Wars music in the various games over the years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

29. Post #669
    the fuck is this?
    November 2009
    7,224 Posts
    It's funny, because I played a lot of Jedi Academy I remember specific missions that used some of these tracks better than parts of the movies they were used in.
    I wish the older Star Wars games had their own soundtracks instead of just reusing the film scores. They worked, since those games took place AFTER the movies (save a few)

One piece of music I don't think I've heard in any Star Wars video game is the music from the Medal ceremony at the end of Ep4.

Other then that I've heard nearly if not every every piece of Star Wars music in the various games over the years.
    Eh, Lego Star Wars, but that doesn't count.

30. Post #670
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,855 Posts
    thats my favorite SW song
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #671
    Appreciates Subtle Titles
    April 2009
    6,789 Posts
    I'd kill for a new Jedi Knight/Jedi Academy game. Or an "Episode VII" about Kyle Katarn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #672
    March 2011
    4,299 Posts
    I think we can all agree that The Empire Strikes Back is the best of all 6.
    It was the only movie where most of it was dark and gritty, the other two was mostly happiness and everything works out okay in the end.

I'd kill for a new Jedi Knight/Jedi Academy game. Or an "Episode VII" about Kyle Katarn.
    Personally I'd rather see a episode VII about the comics with either the Yuuzhu Vong War or whatever it was called or the Second Galactic Civil War with Darth Caedus.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

33. Post #673
    June 2009
    1,674 Posts
    It was the only movie where most of it was dark and gritty, the other two was mostly happiness and everything works out okay in the end.

Personally I'd rather see a episode VII about the comics with either the Yuuzhu Vong War or whatever it was called or the Second Galactic Civil War with Darth Caedus.
    the yuuzhan vong shit took like 20 books so
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #674
    Sometimes I put my nose in my dog's butt and I furiously squeeze his belly until he farts.
    May 2009
    2,380 Posts
    Episode VII following the start of the Thrawn trilogy? It opens up for 2 more movies after it, keeping up with the trend of trilogies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

35. Post #675
    Ask me about my progressive rock fetish
    September 2010
    9,203 Posts
    I was cleaning out my closet and I found an old (100% complete) official Star Wars pin collection from 2005.
    (Sorry for the shitty image quality)

I have a question... Who the hell is this guy and why haven't I heard of him before?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

36. Post #676
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,855 Posts
    isnt he Leia's adoptive father? he appears at the very end of episode III saying he'll take care of her, if I'm not wrong
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

37. Post #677
    Ask me about my progressive rock fetish
    September 2010
    9,203 Posts
    isnt he Leia's adoptive father? he appears at the very end of episode III saying he'll take care of her, if I'm not wrong
    He seems like a very minor character because I don't remember him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

38. Post #678
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,855 Posts
    that's literally the only thing he ever does

Edited:

he appears in one or two scenes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #679
    RG4
    November 2010
    2,892 Posts
    I used to have one of those 'Kill Tracker' programs for Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy and I had it set to play Duel of the Fates when ever I did a Private Duel. After Episode 3 came out I set it to "Anakin vs. Obi-Wan"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #680
    March 2011
    1,864 Posts
    that's literally the only thing he ever does

Edited:

he appears in one or two scenes
    Um no, he's in both Episodes II and III, and I'm pretty sure they mention him in Episode I.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)