1. Post #41
    March 2010
    2,187 Posts
    I fucking LOVED the 2D animated Clone Wars.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

2. Post #42
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,524 Posts
    I just met someone who has never seen a Star Wars movie, thinks that the entire series is about stars killing each other and that Star Trek is same thing.

I'm...not even kidding.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

3. Post #43

August 2011
    294 Posts
    I just met someone who has never seen a Star Wars movie, thinks that the entire series is about stars killing each other and that Star Trek is same thing.

I'm...not even kidding.
    This cant possibly true. Star Wars is mainstream to the point pre-birth babies know who Luke Skywalkers father is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #44
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,524 Posts
    This cant possibly true. Star Wars is mainstream to the point pre-birth babies know who Luke Skywalkers father is.
    You'd think.

She said "Dark Vader is one of the fathers, right?"

Well, that's the grammatically correct version. (yes, I'm aware that it's "Darth", but it's simple how she put it.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

5. Post #45
    March 2011
    1,825 Posts

I'm...not even kidding.
    Time to make things right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

6. Post #46
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,524 Posts
    Time to make things right.
    She says that stars killing each other sounds stupid and that she won't watch it.

I tried to explain what it was really about, to which she replied "whatever."

That's OK, bitch. This movie doesn't deserve your attention. Fuck it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #47
    March 2011
    1,825 Posts
    Some people....

I recently sat my little sister down to watch all the movies and needless to say she's a huge fan now. My next plan is to show her Star Wars' ugly side. That's right, I'm going to show her the Holiday Special in all its awful bootleg goodness.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

8. Post #48
    September 2010
    838 Posts
    Too many special effects? You realize it was basically three guys waving sticks around on a green screen right?
    EXACTLY! WHERE IS MY SET! I NEED THE SET!

Ahem. Seriously, having a set can do so much for a movie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #49
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,524 Posts
    Some people....

I recently sat my little sister down to watch all the movies and needless to say she's a huge fan now. My next plan is to show her Star Wars' ugly side. That's right, I'm going to show her the Holiday Special in all its awful bootleg goodness.
    I'm doing the same thing. Just showed her "A New Hope". She was smiling the entire final minute of it.

Her reaction upon the ending?

"Put in the next one."

"But it's time f--"

"Do it."

And we did...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

10. Post #50

August 2011
    294 Posts
    The crappy special effects is what made the original trilogy so cool. You knew that the budget for the first 3 was 2 bottles of ketchup, your mothers bathrobe and a glowstick. That made it so cool. Not like 100 million bucks or however much the new 3 costed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    I am a pasty white nerd who gets offended for black people because I have nothing better to do
    July 2006
    5,730 Posts
    The crappy special effects is what made the original trilogy so cool. You knew that the budget for the first 3 was 2 bottles of ketchup, your mothers bathrobe and a glowstick. That made it so cool. Not like 100 million bucks or however much the new 3 costed.
    a new hope had an insane budget. industrial light and magic spent over half their budget on four shots that lucas ended up rejecting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

12. Post #52
    November 2009
    6,468 Posts
    a new hope had an insane budget. industrial light and magic spent over half their budget on four shots that lucas ended up rejecting.
    not only that, but i believe they went over the budget a few times and had to increase it.

13. Post #53
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,524 Posts
    Just finished watching all three of the Family Guy Star Wars episodes.

I can honestly say that they were fucking terrible, and I don't mind Family Guy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

14. Post #54
    You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
    January 2007
    1,949 Posts

I can honestly say that they were fucking terrible, and I don't mind Family Guy.
    The Robot Chicken specials run rings around the Family Guy ones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

15. Post #55
    March 2011
    1,825 Posts

I kinda giggled when he chopped off Danny Elfman's head.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,753 Posts
    so will the bluray release have the original theatrical editions for 4-6

17. Post #57
    March 2011
    1,825 Posts
    Anyone else here ever collected the figures? I've got a whole box full, all the accessories are sorted into 3 categories and the good guys are separate from the bad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,284 Posts
    No. Looks like you either wait (which it looks like he'll never release them anyway) or torrent the orignals.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

19. Post #59
    Everything I post is absolute bollocks until proven otherwise.
    July 2008
    10,771 Posts
    My friends who haven't seen Star Wars only know one character. The dude in the big black suit with the heavy breathing. "Darth Maul"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 12Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,524 Posts
    Probably not.

"NEW BLU-RAY STAR WARS: THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY! NOW WITH 5 MORE MINUTES OF BULLSHIT THAT WASN'T IN THE ORIGINAL RELEASE! YOU DON'T WANT IT, BUT YOU'LL BUY IT ANYWAY BECAUSE YOU LOVE THE MOVIES SO MUCH!"

Kind of makes me sad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    November 2009
    6,468 Posts
    Probably not.

"NEW BLU-RAY STAR WARS: THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY! NOW WITH 5 MORE MINUTES OF BULLSHIT THAT WASN'T IN THE ORIGINAL RELEASE! YOU DON'T WANT IT, BUT YOU'LL BUY IT ANYWAY BECAUSE YOU LOVE THE MOVIES SO MUCH!"

Kind of makes me sad.
    The good thing is, they corrected stuff that wasn't corrected in the DVD release.

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,584 Posts
    Yeah, they fixed the washed out Lightsabres.

23. Post #63
    July 2011
    71 Posts
    Star Wars is more fantasy, which is why none of the tech is explained and the force is explained. Star Trek is more set in reality where everything is explained and has a certain logic to it.
    Star Trek is set in reality? Seriously? Everything they do in the crisis at the end of an episode to save the ship is complete gibberish. Warp drive? Instant communication across lightyears? TIME TRAVEL? An evil alternate universe? Trek is just as much fantasy as SW.

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,216 Posts
    For the 20th time no. This has been confirmed

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,584 Posts
    Star Trek is set in reality? Seriously? Everything they do in the crisis at the end of an episode to save the ship is complete gibberish. Warp drive? Instant communication across lightyears? TIME TRAVEL? An evil alternate universe? Trek is just as much fantasy as SW.
    No, that is science fiction, not fantasy.

Anyways Pre-DS9 and Voyager trek was a lot more logical, they didn't use very much gibberish.

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    9,254 Posts

Lucas is ruining the original trilogy even more
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,584 Posts

That is most likely just a troll video.

Well edited though, it doesn't sound out of place

Doesn't mean I'd want it in there though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,216 Posts
    Fan outrage will probably cause the unedited OT to come out on bluray eventually (if that is real)...

...after you've all bought the first bluray release once

29. Post #69
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,524 Posts

Oh God, please be a joke.

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    16,534 Posts

I watched that and just ignored the Noos.

It made me remember what a fantastic powerful scene that really is, I love it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,117 Posts
    Going to watch the original trilogy again. Should I watch the remastered versions or the original theatrical ones?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    16,534 Posts
    Going to watch the original trilogy again. Should I watch the remastered versions or the original theatrical ones?
    Original so much.

I couldn't watch the remastered ones after watching the theatrical ones. It ruined it for me when I saw Han Solo walk over CGI Jabba's tail.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

33. Post #73
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,524 Posts
    DEFINITELY the originals.

Check out the "remastered" versions if you're a big fan, but prepare to have the movies ruined, especially the newest versions. They've added scenes...

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,216 Posts
    DEFINITELY the originals.

Check out the "remastered" versions if you're a big fan, but prepare to have the movies ruined, especially the newest versions. They've added scenes...
    Eh only EP4 was really really bad in the remastered versions (although it's awkward in cloud city in the remastered versions when Lando is telling people to evacuate, it don't fit well). The others weren't but I still recommend watching the originals.

Oh and the Jedi Rocks in 6 :/

35. Post #75
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,524 Posts
    Eh only EP4 was really really bad in the remastered versions (although it's awkward in cloud city in the remastered versions when Lando is telling people to evacuate, it don't fit well). The others weren't but I still recommend watching the originals.

Oh and the Jedi Rocks in 6 :/
    I haven't seen the remastered versions in a while. What made Lando's evacuation announcement so awkward?

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,476 Posts
    What do you guys think about the Star Wars line Adidas had/has?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,216 Posts
    I haven't seen the remastered versions in a while. What made Lando's evacuation announcement so awkward?
    It cuts to people in cloud city walking in a hallway, and then to a bunch of people out side in a CG cloud city.

Plus now a days the CGI is considered bad (since it's from 1997), imo the originals had better special effects (for most things).

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    16,534 Posts

3:50
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #79
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,524 Posts
    It cuts to people in cloud city walking in a hallway, and then to a bunch of people out side in a CG cloud city.

Plus now a days the CGI is considered bad (since it's from 1997), imo the originals had better special effects (for most things).
    Ugh! Dreadful!

40. Post #80
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,584 Posts
    Adywan's ESB revisited trailer with Comparisons with the DVD Special edition footage.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)