1. Post #1
    READ THE OP BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
    Pretty big addon I've been working on, just showing the community what I'm up to and how far the project has come so far.
    DO NOT EXPECT A RELEASE DATE, I WILL NOT ANSWER ANY QUESTION ABOUT IT'S RELEASE, IT'S DONE WHEN IT'S DONE!
    Ok, enough caps-lock ranting, here's a little description;
    I was looking around at the "What are you working on? V5" thread, and some people were creating inventory addons. Earlier that day I played Fallout New Vegas, and realized some Fallout RP's would love the idea of a Pip-Boy type inventory system. Sooner or later, I came across not only a Pip-Boy model to use, but many, MANY, weapon models and decided "Aww, what the hell, I'll do this" and here I am.

Code:
    Melee
    -Combat Knife*
    -Ripper*
    -Bumper Sword*
    -Chinese Sword
    -Police Baton
    -Kitchen Knife
    -Lead Pipe
    -Rolling Pin
    -Switchblade
    -Tire Iron*
    -9 Iron
    -Ballistic Fist*
    -Bladed Gauntlet*
    -Cattle Prod*
    -Baseball Bat*
    -Chainsaw*
    -Cleaver*
    -Deathclaw Gauntlet*
    -Fire Axe*
    -Hatchet* (Will be a different skin of Fire Axe)
    -Lily's Vertibird Sword (A weapon normally unusable by the player in NV)*
    -Love and Hate Knuckles*
    -Machete Gladius*
    -Powerfist
    -Spiked Knuckles*
    -Super Sledge*
    -Thermic Lance
    -Displacer Glove (I know for a fact I'm going to need help making the particle effects)*

Pistols
    -9mm Pistol*
    -9mm Pistol Extended Mags*
    -Maria (Unique 9mm pistol)*
    -10mm Pistol 
    -Silenced 10mm Pistol
    -.357 Magnum (will load by shell)*
    -.357 Magnum with HD Cylinder (Will have slightly better accuracy/damage to imitate better condition)*
    -.32 Revolver
    -.44 Magnum
    -Ranger Sequoia*
    -Operation Anchorage 10mm Pistol (More DMG, Slower ROF)
    -Oper. Anch. Chinese Pistol (Slow ROF, Low Damage)

Smg's
    -9mm Smg*
    -9mm Smg Drum Mag*
    -10mm Smg*
    -12.7 Smg*
    -12.7 Smg Silenced*
    -Silenced .22 Smg*

Semi-Auto/Bolt Action/Lever-Action Rifles
    -Cowboy Repeater*
    -La Longue Carabine (Unique scoped Cowboy Repeater)*
    -Hunting Rifle*
    -Service Rifle*
    -G3 Battle Rifle (Auto/Semi fire, relatively slow fire)
    -Lever-Action Rifle
    -Lincoln Rifle (Unique Lever-Action Rifle)
    -Binoculars* (No real use, but I could just make it have a higher level zoom than a sniper, could be like a 2-person sniper team with 1 spotter, 1 sniper :v: )
    -Varmint Rifle*
    -Varmint Rifle Silenced*
    -Operation Anchorage G3 Rifle (Only Automatic, Faster ROF than regular G3)

Automatic Rifles
    -Marksman Carbine*
    -Chinese Assault Rifle

Shotguns
    -Caravan Shotgun*
    -Hunting Shotgun*
    -Riot Shotgun*
    -Single Shotgun*
    -Combat Shotgun
    -Sawn-Off Shotgun

Sniper Rifles
    -Anti-Material Rifle*
    -Sniper Rifle
    -Scoped Hunting Rifle (Technically a Sniper)*

Explosives
    -Frag Grenade
    -Frag Mine
    -Cryo-Mine from Mother Ship Zeta (Will slow down player speed)
    -Bottle Cap Mine (Less DMG than frag mine, bigger radius)

Heavy Weapons (Possibly Admin only, or only admin can give out these sweps)
    -Minigun
    -Fat Man
    -Experimental MIRV (Unique Fat Man, most likely Admin swep)

Ammo-Distributors
    -.357 Magnum Ammo (Cowboy Repeater, La Longue Carabine, .357 Magnum)
    -9mm Ammo (9mm Pistol, 9mm Pistol Extended Mags, 9mm Smg, 9mm Smg Drum Mag)
    -10mm Ammo (10mm Pistol, Silenced 10mm Pistol, 10mm Smg)
    -5.56mm Ammo (G3 Battle Rifle, Marksman Carbine, Chinese Assault Rifle, Varmint Rifle, Varmint Rifle Silenced, Service Rifle)
    -.308 ammo (Sniper Rifle, Anti-Material Rifle) {this also makes it so I don't have to make 1 ammo type for just 1 sniper}
    -.32 ammo (Hunting Rifle, .32 Pistol)
    -Explosive Ammo (Grenade Launcher, Grenades, Possibly Frag Mines)
    -Shotgun Ammo (Caravan Shotgun, Single Shotgun, Combat Shotgun, Riot Shotgun, Hunting Shotgun)
    The "Ammo distributors" are an RP form of giving other players ammo, so if I dropped an assault rifle clip, another player could pick up that specific entity and gain the ammo.

Here's WIP pics, quoted for convenience.
    Here's just a few disclaimers I'd like to put before people start flaming/trolling anything and everything possible about this idea;
    -I release when I want, AKA I can take all the time I want.
    -I'm not an animator, so I'm limited in the use of animations, leading me to have to use Game-Banana models. You don't like it, don't download it. This also means that I can't go out on gamebanana and credit everyone, I will just leave it as "Gamebanana animators."
    -If I fix/add something, please don't say "This isn't working" without reading this post first.
    -These Sweps are NOT exact replicas of the weapons found in the Fallout games, they're my RP-ish from of them.

What I need help with:
    -Need help with the "Reload" function, mainly just how to move the V_model out of the players view during a preset reload timer, if anyone can help me with this please do so.
    -There's a problem with the ammo distributors where even if the player giving the ammo has no ammo, he's still able to give his non-existent ammo away.
    -Either someone could make particle effects, or teach me how to make particles, as the Displacer and Ballistic Gloves will need them. I could just change the muzzle effects of mose guns while I'm at it.

Also, I can only do weapons I have models for, so if you can port/rip/ get me the models into Gmod I can make it into a swep.

Well.... that's pretty much it. If anyone wants to help, I just help me figure out the things I listed I need help with above.

COMPLETION;
    August-0%, Start of Project
    September-About 15% done, coded some sweps and whatnot.
    October-0% Computer crashed repeatedly, data malfunctioned, all progress lost. Minor re-downloads began to restart project.
    November 1st- 10% done, old computer fixed, data from secondary computer moved onto original computer, started making a few sweps.

Things left to do:
    -Code/Re-code sweps on Siminov's Modified Mad Cow Base.
    -Position View and world Models.
    -Get sounds from both Fallout 3 and New Vegas (biggest portion of the pack)

DISCLAIMER TO SERVER OWNERS: If you're planning on using the sweps listed above, it's your responsibility to keep in check who has a Minigun/Fat Man/ Experimental MIRV, as I'm not going to responsible for minges killing everyone the server. It'll be your responsibility, not mine.

And here are some helpful facts for future reference:
    -To save memory on people's computers, I am simply going to use CS:S models as place holders for the sweps (Don;t worry, it just means there wont be any custom animations, but it still means you have all the fun of shooting people with that .50MG sniper you've always wanted).
    -Download at your own risk. I don't mean I purposely put a virus in the file download, I mean if it'll be too big of a file size, or minges kill you on servers, or some other third thing, it's not my responsibility to deal with these problems. Yes, I will try to lower the file size for optimization, and try to optimize the code if necessary, but otherwise it's your responsibility, not mine.

That's it guys. I'll get back to work on this project and try to get this out to the public as soon as I can.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Lua King x 55Winner x 6Friendly x 2Useful x 2Late x 1Artistic x 1Optimistic x 1Dumb x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    630 Posts
    HUMINA HUMINA HUMINA *drool*

Please release it soon, they look LOVELY and I'd really love these in my TTT server ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Funny Funny x 6Useful Useful x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,651 Posts
    Do want.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    July 2010
    866 Posts
    Looks amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

5. Post #5

Oh Maria, My Angel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    July 2011
    74 Posts
    this is fucking awesome, subscribe and look everyday to check up on it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    Another quick update

The 3rd pic is of the world model of the extended mag, the view model looks almost exactly like the regular 9mm pistol.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,651 Posts
    Will the modified weapons be obtainable via modifications or is it just a matter of spawning them with the modifications?

9. Post #9
    The modified weapons will be different weapon in themselves, I just want to release this version, which uses a slightly modified mad cows base, then rework the weapons onto LEETNOOB's customizable weapon base.

10. Post #10
    July 2011
    74 Posts
    love the models, they're looking amazing (still) but is it possible to maybe use reskins for them? ive always hated the 9mm pistol and how it looks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    October 2009
    6,243 Posts
    I ejaculated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    love the models, they're looking amazing (still) but is it possible to maybe use reskins for them? ive always hated the 9mm pistol and how it looks
    It's possible, could you give me an example of what you'd like instead of the regular material? And it probably wont be done until the actual project is done.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    630 Posts
    It's possible, could you give me an example of what you'd like instead of the regular material? And it probably wont be done until the actual project is done.
    Instead of the gold model a red one or a skin would look amazing :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    January 2011
    29 Posts
    Looking great, man.
    Glad I released that pack, thanks for doing this.
    <3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Lua Helper Lua Helper x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    The hurricane cut me off from my computer for most of the day, so I got nothing done
    and Maxib123, the only thing I'd ever want from your New Vegas pack is bodygroups, it'd make my life so much easier. Either way, you're going in the credits for sure
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    687 Posts
    Ammo sweps are a complete waste of time and download space/time for the player.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    January 2011
    572 Posts
    Ammo sweps are a complete waste of time and download space/time for the player.
    Kinda like my ammo system in my old shitty mw2 weapons that i should have never made.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree x 5Disagree x 3Dumb x 2Funny x 2Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    July 2011
    74 Posts
    hells bells, someone seems a bit sad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    January 2011
    572 Posts
    hells bells, someone seems a bit sad
    Im not sure who thats targetted at.

20. Post #20
    July 2011
    74 Posts
    Im not sure who thats targetted at.
    your who its targeted at, i liked the ammo system from your sweps, your like an artist who hates every perfect thing they make. although im probably wrong, or just dont know what the hell im talking about
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    January 2011
    572 Posts
    your who its targeted at, i liked the ammo system from your sweps, your like an artist who hates every perfect thing they make. although im probably wrong, or just dont know what the hell im talking about
    I hated my own system because it was a bad time for me.

I was still in the old junctions of coding, It was all poorely optimized and the code was horrid.

Unreleased and recent up to date stuff is much more organized thank god.

On another note.

Why in the world are these being compiled on CSS hands? Why not use a good rig.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    On another note.

Why in the world are these being compiled on CSS hands? Why not use a good rig.
    This isn't an actual model, it's a CS:S knife skin which I edited the bone positions with Swep Construction Kit. If I knew how to model, I would.

23. Post #23
    July 2011
    74 Posts
    also can you make the scoped hunting rifle as one of the weapons?

24. Post #24
    also can you make the scoped hunting rifle as one of the weapons?
    Either you or someone else has to port/rip the model from the game, I have no idea how to do it myself and I'm EXTREMELY busy making the sweps.

Also, if nobody wants the ammo-giving sweps, disagree with this post, or agree if you want them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

25. Post #25
    July 2011
    74 Posts
    i can get my friend to possibly let me get the files, ill see what i can do. but theres a slight problem that i dont know how to port.. any help and i will try to port them

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,651 Posts
    will we get a video for these any time soon?

27. Post #27
    i can get my friend to possibly let me get the files, ill see what i can do. but theres a slight problem that i dont know how to port.. any help and i will try to port them
    It's fine, I asked Maxib123 if he could add bodygroups, but if he can't I'll help you in whatever way I can (with my low-level knowledge of modeling...)

will we get a video for these any time soon?
    I want to get more things done before I make a video.
    And for some reason fraps stops recording after less than 10 seconds no matter what I do, and my FPS drops from 50-70 to 20-30, mind recommending a better recorder?

28. Post #28
    Dennab
    August 2011
    3,724 Posts
    No energy weapons?

29. Post #29
    January 2011
    29 Posts
    Most energy weapons have already been made, lol.
    Also, sorry to say, I don't know how to add bodygroups.
    I can port specific weapons, however, if you desire. They will not have bodygroups though.

Sorry <3

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,651 Posts
    It's fine, I asked Maxib123 if he could add bodygroups, but if he can't I'll help you in whatever way I can (with my low-level knowledge of modeling...)

I want to get more things done before I make a video.
    And for some reason fraps stops recording after less than 10 seconds no matter what I do, and my FPS drops from 50-70 to 20-30, mind recommending a better recorder?
    Source Recorder?

31. Post #31

October 2010
    41 Posts
    Looks SO DAMN GOOD! Cannot wait for a release :D oh and i didn't really understand what the Pip-boy does... can anyone shed some light. and YES, i did read all of the above, im just incredibly dense

32. Post #32
    January 2010
    1,440 Posts
    Source Recorder?
    it doesn't record anything rendered in Lua.

33. Post #33
    Looks like I'll keep the weapon-giving sweps.

I'm not doing energy weapons because I've seen lots of Fallout energy weapons, so it's not very interesting, plus the fact that I'd have to make another 3 or 4 types of ammo types.

And Max, here's what I'd like specifically, I just hope it's not too much work;
    -Scoped Hunting Rifle -Assault Carbine -Light Machine Gun -Grenade Launcher -Grenade Rifle
    -Fire Axe -9 Iron -Boxing Gloves -Power Fist -Bladed Gauntlet -Mantis Gauntlet -Zap Glove
    Thanks in advance, Max!

At Luupyman, I originally intended the Pip-Boy to be an inventory-addon swep, but it'll be the most time consuming part of the project, so I'll release it when it's finished.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    February 2010
    131 Posts

I'm not doing energy weapons because I've seen lots of Fallout energy weapons, so it's not very interesting, plus the fact that I'd have to make another 3 or 4 types of ammo types.

-Scoped Hunting Rifle -Assault Carbine -Light Machine Gun -Grenade Launcher -Grenade Rifle
    -Fire Axe -9 Iron -Boxing Gloves -Power Fist -Bladed Gauntlet -Mantis Gauntlet -Zap Glove
    Thanks in advance, Max!

At Luupyman, I originally intended the Pip-Boy to be an inventory-addon swep, but it'll be the most time consuming part of the project, so I'll release it when it's finished.
    May I ask what weapon base you are using? If not custom.

35. Post #35
    July 2011
    74 Posts
    so wait, if i was to (or get someone to for me) port the unique weapons would you have a way to alternate between the regular versions and the unique versions?

36. Post #36
    January 2011
    29 Posts

Thanks in advance, Max!

Uhhh lets see here.
    The light machine gun can be found in my original pack.
    The Fire Axe, 9 iron, Power Fist, Bladed Gauntlet, Mantis Gauntlet, can be found here
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=119824

http://www.2shared.com/file/i9NuhMVH...n_shit_yo.html
    There's the scoped hunting rifle, grenade launcher, grenade rifle, and assault carbine
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #37

October 2010
    41 Posts

Thanks in advance, Max!

Kool, thanks for clarifying, you certainly have my download when this is released :D.
    keep up the good work

Edited:

I ejaculated.
    dude... you need to do something with your life
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Late Late x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Disagree Disagree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    July 2011
    74 Posts
    those are just the models, hes actually making them into weapons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    630 Posts
    those are just the models, hes actually making them into weapons.
    Things I need to do:
    -Create V and W models with SCK
    -Code (Damage, ROF, sounds, etc.)
    I'm just saying, someones already ripped em.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11 (list)