1. Post #41
    July 2011
    74 Posts
    as everybody who has recently gone on garrysmod.org can see, but the question is do they have the models for the scoped hunting rifle and all of the other weapons with attachments?

2. Post #42
    January 2011
    29 Posts
    Derp.
    I'm the one who uploaded that to gmod.org. I'm Diabetic Walrus, lol.
    As I previously posted,
    Uhhh lets see here.
    The light machine gun can be found in my original pack.
    The Fire Axe, 9 iron, Power Fist, Bladed Gauntlet, Mantis Gauntlet, can be found here
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=119824

http://www.2shared.com/file/i9NuhMVH...n_shit_yo.html
    There's the scoped hunting rifle, grenade launcher, grenade rifle, and assault carbine
    The Scoped Hunting Rifle and shit were ripped by me. I didn't upload them to gmod.org, however, I did them for solely this purpose. For sweps.

I'm just saying, someones already ripped em.
    As for that, yeah, they've been ported by me. But he needs more than what I'm giving him. He's making view models.
    A viewmodel is a specially-designed model used to represent the player's active weapon in first-person view (as opposed to the ordinary "worldmodels" used elsewhere).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,652 Posts
    Question: Will the pipboy persistently appear on your wrist so long as you have one?

4. Post #44
    July 2011
    74 Posts
    and also what all will the pipboy do?

5. Post #45
    Question: Will the pipboy persistently appear on your wrist so long as you have one?
    All weapons will have a pipboy on the left arm.

and also what all will the pipboy do?
    It was/will be an inventory-system swep, but i'll get to it last when I finish everything else.

EDIT: Sorry I haven't posted anything new in awhile, I've been busy still trying to figure out some coding problems I have, so I might aswell post it here.
    Code:
    function SWEP:Reload()
        self:SendWeaponAnim( ACT_VM_HOLSTER )
        timer.Simple(self.ReloadTime, function() self:SendWeaponAnim(ACT_VM_DRAW) end)
    end
    SWEP.ReloadTime = 1.67
    It's supposed to make the weapon disappear from view, then return to view at the end of the timer. Instead, it stays at the idle position, then does the draw animation, but no ammo returns. Any ideas how to just fix this? It's a really important function, and it's extremely annoying to fix.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    October 2009
    403 Posts
    All weapons will have a pipboy on the left arm.

It was/will be an inventory-system swep, but i'll get to it last when I finish everything else.

EDIT: Sorry I haven't posted anything new in awhile, I've been busy still trying to figure out some coding problems I have, so I might aswell post it here.
    Code:
        timer.Simple(self.ReloadTime, function() self:SendWeaponAnim(ACT_VM_DRAW) end)
    end
    SWEP.ReloadTime = 1.67
    It's supposed to make the weapon disappear from view, then return to view at the end of the timer. Instead, it stays at the idle position, then does the draw animation, but no ammo returns. Any ideas how to just fix this? It's a really important function, and it's extremely annoying to fix.
    Are you new to this? If so, I suggest you check wiki.garrysmod.com/?title=Lua_Tutorial_Series before you go any further, it's pretty useful if you want to get a quick start.
    As for the code, you have nothing in there that alters the clip and takes ammo. The weapon doesn't lower because your view models have no animations for ACT_VM_HOLSTER.

local wep = self
    	timer.Simple(self.ReloadTime, function()
    		if !ValidEntity(wep) then return end	// Prevent timer errors in case the weapon is removed before 1.67 seconds are up.
    		self:SetClip1(math.max(self:Ammo1(), self.Primary.ClipSize))
    		self.Owner:RemoveAmmo(self.Primary.ClipSize, self.Primary.Ammo)
    		self:SendWeaponAnim(ACT_VM_DRAW)
    	end)
    end
    SWEP.ReloadTime = 1.67

Hopefully you already defined SWEP.Primary.ClipSize and SWEP.Primary.Ammo.

To make the viewmodel actually lower or raise without playing the draw animation, you'd need to use SWEP:GetViewModelPosition, which requires a more detailed explanation than I'm willing to give in a single post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Lua Helper Lua Helper x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    January 2010
    9,902 Posts
    Are you using your own base or are you making a new base. If it's a new base are you making ti from scratch or are you using a bit of other code?
    Edit:
    Stop making SWEPs of games I just played.

Are you going to add uniques? I would LOVE to blast a hunter to oblivion with the dinner bell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    July 2011
    74 Posts
    I would LOVE to blast a hunter to oblivion with the dinner bell.
    A: nice pun

B: can you use ammo types? like for the missiles HE and HV and such? or slug and buckshot? or even surplus, it would be interesting

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    1,640 Posts
    Holy ass-cheeks! A SWep pack with world models? Great job on these, can't wait when they are released!

10. Post #50
    First, new content.

Are you using your own base or are you making a new base. If it's a new base are you making ti from scratch or are you using a bit of other code?
    Edit:
    Stop making SWEPs of games I just played.

Are you going to add uniques? I would LOVE to blast a hunter to oblivion with the dinner bell.
    I'm using a slightly modified Mad Cows Base, and most of the rest is my coding.
    Yes, I will be making unique variants, as far as I know I have the models for maria, la longue carabine, ranger sequoia, love and hate (brass knuckles), and a few others I can't remember.

can you use ammo types? like for the missiles HE and HV and such? or slug and buckshot? or even surplus, it would be interesting
    I'll get to that eventually, it's just not the most important thing I'm working on.
    They'll probably be the 2nd to last things I do before creating the pip-boy addon.

11. Post #51
    June 2011
    108 Posts
    will dlc weapons be included too or..? i mean Joshua Graham's weapons would be awesome to use

12. Post #52
    January 2010
    9,902 Posts
    The grenade launcher looks a little skinnier that what I remember.

13. Post #53
    July 2011
    74 Posts
    The grenade launcher looks a little skinnier that what I remember.
    i honestly like this model more, the grenade launcher looked big and awkward, this model i would want much more.

also, is this going to be a "its done when its done" approach or is there a certain time you think this will be done? in all honesty if you take longer its going to be better, rather you take months and months and have them come out epic than have you rush through them and have all kinds of bugs

14. Post #54
    i honestly like this model more, the grenade launcher looked big and awkward, this model i would want much more.

also, is this going to be a "its done when its done" approach or is there a certain time you think this will be done? in all honesty if you take longer its going to be better, rather you take months and months and have them come out epic than have you rush through them and have all kinds of bugs
    It'll be done when it's done, I have other things in my life to deal with, and I'd rather test everything and make sure it's perfect for release and create as little bugs as possible.

Oh and, one of the "bugs" is the guns to be proportional, I was just testing some models.

15. Post #55
    Update

These are pics of the caravan shotgun, 12.7mm smg, 12.7mm smg silenced, silenced .22 smg, and a 10mm smg.
    I also did the single shotgun, just forgot the pictures.
    EDIT fixed the images.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Lua King Lua King x 3Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,374 Posts
    thats some cool stuff man

17. Post #57
    January 2011
    29 Posts
    Looks great.

18. Post #58
    Looks great.
    Oh max, I forgot to mention the the clip on the scoped hunting rifle model is purple and black, so I'm missing the textures.

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,716 Posts
    I'm excited for this so much. I started to play Fallout 3 some time ago and I like the game and your sweps look really good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #60

May 2011
    29 Posts
    Will they be holsterable?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #61

October 2010
    41 Posts
    This stuff looks good, though you should have an SVN for it...

22. Post #62
    Sorry for not updating in awhile, but so far I've coded most of the weapons I showed earlier.

Will they be holsterable?
    Indeed.

This stuff looks good, though you should have an SVN for it...
    I'd rather get all of it done, then upload patches separately.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

23. Post #63
    December 2010
    6 Posts
    Do these have animations?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

24. Post #64

October 2010
    41 Posts
    Hey, i know its njot new vegas, but could you make the alien blaster? that'd be AWESOME!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    January 2010
    9,902 Posts
    Hey, i know its njot new vegas, but could you make the alien blaster? that'd be AWESOME!
    You can get an alien blaster in NV, but only if you have the Wild Wasteland perk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #66

October 2010
    41 Posts
    You can get an alien blaster in NV, but only if you have the Wild Wasteland perk.
    yeah, but still, if he could make em it'd be awesome

27. Post #67

September 2011
    6 Posts
    Hot, looking forward to the release. could you do a mediafire link when you release it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    March 2011
    39 Posts
    Just saying, if you want to go the extra mile if you look on the Fallout Wiki they have sounds for all of the weapons. Look up a weapon, at the bottom of the page. I know it's in ogg format, but it's simple to convert to a mp3 format.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #69
    yeah, but still, if he could make em it'd be awesome
    Already said I'm doing energy/alien weapons.
    Hot, looking forward to the release. could you do a mediafire link when you release it?
    Hopefully.
    Just saying, if you want to go the extra mile if you look on the Fallout Wiki they have sounds for all of the weapons. Look up a weapon, at the bottom of the page. I know it's in ogg format, but it's simple to convert to a mp3 format.
    I already have all the sounds, but some guns don't have primary sounds (which I'm guessing are in a different folder than I can find), so no worries about sounds.

I'll update the OP about my progress.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #70

September 2011
    6 Posts
    What firing sounds are you missing?

31. Post #71
    What firing sounds are you missing?
    Just the 12.7 Smg Regular and Silenced firing sounds

32. Post #72
    Here's an update, but it's a horrible one at that.
    I havne't been able to work on anything since 2 weeks ago, as my computer began to crash at random moments for no apperent reason. After multiple attempts to fix it myself, nothing has worked. On top of that, each crash reverted my system's memory 1 or 2 days prior, and it crashed over 10 times. There's practically nothing left of my coding, all the models are gone from my hard-drive, and now I'm sending it to a repair shop to fix it. There probably won't be any other updates for an even longer amount of time than I planned. Sorry for everyone who was looking forward to this, I'll get back on it when my computer will be fixed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #73
    January 2010
    9,902 Posts
    Dang, that sucks.
    Don't stop trying man. If you really want to get this thing finished and released, this shouldn't give up just because of that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #74
    June 2011
    108 Posts
    horribly depressing news
    that sucks.. how long do you think it will take for it to get fixed? maybe when it gets back fixed you can have multiple people working on it at once?

35. Post #75
    Well, it's not all bad. The problems I had using Mad Cows base are gone, as so i the coding, but in all honesty there's a bright side to it as well.
    The Good
    -I'm going to use siminov's edited base instead, which takes coding a similar base out of the picture (which means I can red-do my weapons faster). Also his base is exactly what I need gun-stats wise, so that's good too.
    -I won't need to convert all the stats from my original weapons to the ones that'll use Siminov's base.
    -I recently found an infiltrator model, so I'll be able to code that as well.
    The Bad
    -Re-install Garry's Mod and Swep Construction Kit
    -I have to get every single model back onto my pc (the fallout world models, and all the viewmodels i previously used).
    -I have to hex every view-model again -_____________-

That's it really, I'll get on it when I can.
    I have no idea how long it will take to get my computer fixed, but hopefully I can start working on some of the coding on a different computer while I wait for it to be fixed. Until then I have to use the computer's in my house that are used by my parents, but I'll try to do whatever I can.
    Again, sorry to everyone about this, I wish my computer wasn't so stupid that it would constantly delete my files as it crashed.

36. Post #76
    June 2011
    108 Posts
    good/bad news
    i think the worst part there is the hexing, that takes so much time.. again, maybe you could get someone to help you hex them? but siminovs base will make it so much better

37. Post #77
    i think the worst part there is the hexing, that takes so much time.. again, maybe you could get someone to help you hex them? but siminovs base will make it so much better
    Well, turns out one of my parent's computers can run Garry's Mod, so I can work on it a bit while my computer gets fixed!
    I'll just download all the FO3 and NV models, code a bit, and when my computer is fixed I'll put all the Gmod files from 1 computer to a USB and take it to mine.
    While I'm doing this, can somebody just quickly write out a function that moves the vector of the view model so it's not visible on the screen during the reload function? I lost my code and can't remember what it was -__-

38. Post #78
    June 2011
    108 Posts
    wouldnt it be the same as the silence attach function for leetnoobs customizable weapons, just rewriten? i can try to help with that if you want

39. Post #79
    wouldnt it be the same as the silence attach function for leetnoobs customizable weapons, just rewriten? i can try to help with that if you want
    Please do, I'm downloading models and such to be put onto my computer later, as it seems like the only thing I can do at the moment.

40. Post #80
    June 2011
    108 Posts
    ok so garrysmod.org is down and i dont have his pack downloaded, anyone have it and can post it?