1. Post #81
    ok so garrysmod.org is down and i dont have his pack downloaded, anyone have it and can post it?
    It can wait, I can't access the FO3 and NV since the sites down, so no rush.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,308 Posts
    Such bad luck. Its always the good stuff being made that gets the bad luck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #83
    May 2010
    450 Posts
    Dude you should definitely make the Cola's too!
    - Not as weapon, just as a cool feature!

4. Post #84
    October 2011
    399 Posts
    really awesome work you have put here i hope this doesnt die ;)

5. Post #85
    Dude you should definitely make the Cola's too!
    - Not as weapon, just as a cool feature!
    I could, if I find the models (which won't be a problem).

really awesome work you have put here i hope this doesnt die ;)
    Trust me, it'll take a lot more than a simple computer wipe to stop this from being released. Delays will happen, but I'll get this out to the community at one point or another.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,308 Posts
    I could, if I find the models (which won't be a problem).

Trust me, it'll take a lot more than a simple computer wipe to stop this from being released. Delays will happen, but I'll get this out to the community at one point or another.

glad to see that your very very confident.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #87

October 2011
    16 Posts
    Wow, nice work! But please, update this sweps to garrysmod.org!

Edit: I'm DUMB! YES!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Winner Winner x 2Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

8. Post #88

May 2011
    29 Posts
    Can't wait till release i would love to kick someone's ass with a power fist.
    Wait..... why can't i find the power fist in the list D=

9. Post #89
    October 2011
    399 Posts
    any progress huntingrifle?

10. Post #90
    Progress: 0.01%, re-downloaded garrysmod, FO3 models, FONV models, Swep Contruction Kit, and Siminov's Weapon base. I'm downloading both FO3 and NV to extract the sounds (which is arguably the biggest and heaviest part of the pack). I'm waiting for CS:S to finish installing os I can use the v_models and whatnot.
    Also, I forgot to update the OP about what weapons I'm doing, I'll do it right away.
    And yes, there will be the powerfist
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

11. Post #91
    June 2011
    108 Posts
    huntingrifle posted:
    thank god, i cant imagine fallout without it. can you get the model of "that gun"? i would love to see it

12. Post #92

May 2011
    29 Posts
    AWESOME i would love unarmed weapons on my server :-D

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,308 Posts
    Progress: 0.01%, re-downloaded garrysmod, FO3 models, FONV models, Swep Contruction Kit, and Siminov's Weapon base. I'm downloading both FO3 and NV to extract the sounds (which is arguably the biggest and heaviest part of the pack). I'm waiting for CS:S to finish installing os I can use the v_models and whatnot.
    Also, I forgot to update the OP about what weapons I'm doing, I'll do it right away.
    will the powerfist have an effect that will send npc's and props flying like the Fallout games did?

14. Post #94
    June 2011
    108 Posts
    also, why not a minigun? might as well complete it (maybe even add the nuke launcher?)

15. Post #95
    will the powerfist have an effect that will send npc's and props flying like the Fallout games did?
    Indeed.

also, why not a minigun? might as well complete it (maybe even add the nuke launcher?)
    A: Nuke launcher is overkill, minigun is too much power for 1 person.
    B: Not having them would mean groups would acyually have to work together to take down a group of enemies or an antilion guard.
    C: Do you really want a minge running around nuking other players?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #96
    June 2011
    108 Posts
    you have all amazing points, and also what about dlc weapons?

17. Post #97
    January 2010
    1,012 Posts
    A: Nuke launcher is overkill, minigun is too much power for 1 person.
    B: Not having them would mean groups would acyually have to work together to take down a group of enemies or an antilion guard.
    C: Do you really want a minge running around nuking other players?
    Yeah.... That was the Flaw with the old Fallout 3 Sweps that were made last year. It was cool and had a great particle effect, but was just to damn powerful for servers.

18. Post #98
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    Rather than not developing weapons, you should just encourage server owners to not be lazy, and add restrictions to make sure people can't access weapons they shouldn't
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #99
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,648 Posts
    ^could not agree more
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #100

May 2011
    29 Posts
    Can't wait till release =D.
    Ow and i forgot to ask am i allowed to use your sweps for my server

21. Post #101
    Then I'll add a disclaimer to the OP, saying that's it's up to server owners who will my sweps they'll have to give restrictions, and i'll add both the minigun and fat man to the list, but there's no way in hell I'm adding an Experimental MIRV, unless it'll be an admin weapon.

22. Post #102
    June 2011
    108 Posts
    Then I'll add a disclaimer to the OP, saying that's it's up to server owners who will my sweps they'll have to give restrictions, and i'll add both the minigun and fat man to the list, but there's no way in hell I'm adding an Experimental MIRV, unless it'll be an admin weapon.
    thats the spirit, if you want to you should keep that stuff under (metaphorical) lock and key and only hand it out to responsible servers?

23. Post #103
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,648 Posts
    no that's a retarded idea
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #104
    Anyways, I still haven;t been able to fully downlaod FO3 or NV, it's such a big file size for both of them...
    Also, here are the major things holding me back from making a lot of progress;
    -Being forced to share a computer between myself, my mom (who uses it for work), and my little brother.
    -School
    -Sports
    -Having a life
    Not trying to sound like hope is lost, but It's nearly impossible to get work done. I'll let you all know when I actually have time to do anything, so far I barely have time for viewing recent posts on Facepunch and looking at my e-mails.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #105
    January 2011
    29 Posts
    lol.
    just add me on steam and tell me what else you need.
    i'll rip it for you and send it over.

steam name is maxib123
    nickname is Diabetic Walrus

26. Post #106

May 2011
    29 Posts
    The minigun isn't a good weapon in the fallout games i mean that the anti material rifle and ballestic fist are way stronger.
    Ow and will you make the assault carbine 2

27. Post #107
    Can you make the weapon selection icons look like the weapons themselves? That would help me a lot.

28. Post #108
    I'll ask Maxib to port one.
    I could try, but then again I'm more of a lua coder than derma-coder, but I'll see what I can do.

29. Post #109
    June 2011
    108 Posts
    decided to keep this thread by asking more questions, can you get some of the custom content from nexus turned into sweps after you finish this?

30. Post #110
    February 2010
    2 Posts
    I'd like to second the request for fallout mod weapons. It'd be nice to get the classic fallout weapons pack into GMod, but I'm afraid it'd be too much work.

31. Post #111
    Good news everyone! As we speak I'm using my old computer, which has finally been fixed!
    This means I'm not sharing a computer between 3 people, so I can work done.
    Also as I type this, I'm transferring all the data I had on the computer I was working on while this was being fixed. So far I have the models and weapons base, but I have all the tools, so now it's just a matter of time.

As for Fallout nexus sweps, someone will simply have to port the model to source (All I need is a world model) and I can do it, after I finish this mod.
    Thank you all for bearing with me and waiting so long to get this done, I'll be sure to work hard on this project for the community.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #112
    January 2010
    9,739 Posts
    Would it be possible to give us a percent done?

33. Post #113
    OP updated.
    Quick question, who would like the idea of me releasing a "sample"? It would be just 1 weapon, coded, modeled and all, that I would release to public as a "beta" of some sort. Agree for me to do this, disagree if you want to just test out the pack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #114
    Alright, it's agreed, I'll make a sample to release publicly. Now, which one should I make? Choose from this list.
    -12.7 SMG
    -9MM SMG
    -Service Rifle
    -Sniper Rifle
    -Marksman Carbine
    -Combat Shotgun
    -Chinese Assault Rifle
    -American Assault Rifle (G3)
    Post your choices.

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,716 Posts
    Chinese Assault Rifle. I loved that gun in Operation Anchorage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

36. Post #116

May 2011
    29 Posts
    12.7mm just cause its epic

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,648 Posts
    Chinese AR.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #118
    Chinese AR it is. And guys, I think I made a major breakthrough when I was coding something. I think I may have found a way to keep the reload animations on all (or most) guns, instead of just a few.
    Project Completion: 12.5%
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Lua King Lua King x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    5,655 Posts
    Oh, the Pip Boy looks awesome.

40. Post #120
    October 2011
    26 Posts
    Sweet, cant wait.
    Chinese AR it is. And guys, I think I made a major breakthrough when I was coding something. I think I may have found a way to keep the reload animations on all (or most) guns, instead of just a few.
    Project Completion: 12.5%