1. Post #281
    January 2011
    1,003 Posts
    Yeah, the models are totally broken and cannot be fixed. Which is the reason why I feel like completely redoing the mane 6 and/or derpy to optimize and make them more stable.

That sounds like a lot more work. However, I face pose my models differently than Valve's more complicated (I think) way. I don't plan on doing it that way though.

But it isn't a 7 page argument...
    Broken? Nonsense.

2. Post #282
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    -snip-

3. Post #283
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    2,529 Posts
    No, I really mean they are broken. Just look at the face posing (unwanted parts of the model move), overly high number of polys, eats fps, spazzing ragdoll, etc. So unoptimized to the point where they are broken, at least to me. I learned what not to do and how to optimize after I did Luna and Celestia.

4. Post #284
    That sounds like a lot more work. However, I face pose my models differently than Valve's more complicated (I think) way. I don't plan on doing it that way though
    Alright, in your case I guess we'll deal with the crappy tongue flexes (That means the tongues will go outside those poor horses' mouths and we are only allowed to use one of each).

Now I understand why no one (and I mean everyone who makes custom TF2 models) ever tries making HWM versions of their models, because it's too hard, and they fear that their graphics cards would break from rendering RubberFruit/manfaces done by TF2 models not made by Valve (Saxton Hale's model is un-official, and he didn't get HWM either. Derpfaces made by characters from non-Valve games such as those from Nintendo or Sega don't count)

Also, what is that colour around their lips? Lipstick? Because Applejack seems to have the closest color to lipstick (but not completely red)

Eh, Pyr0_o. May I make a small suggestion? Patch shader, I use that for custom skins that I hex to avoid blowing my texture memory budget, I did it with the ponies like this, teeth are here as an example, but I did it with the tongues, eyelashes and outlines as well:
    Code:
    Patch
    {
    include "materials/models/mlp/rainbowdash/teeth.vmt"
    }
    (Valve used it on the Common Infected in the Left 4 Dead games, they'll re-use it in later games too, although Portal 2 didn't have much variation.)

5. Post #285
    January 2011
    1,003 Posts
    No, I really mean they are broken. Just look at the face posing (unwanted parts of the model move), overly high number of polys, eats fps, spazzing ragdoll, etc. So unoptimized to the point where they are broken, at least to me. I learned what not to do and how to optimize after I did Luna and Celestia.
    I somehow get by with them. I would like to know an easier way of attaching Trixie's cape, though. And Applejack's hat needs to be a bit smaller.

6. Post #286
    Oh and, mind changing the propdata of Trixie's cape and hat to Cloth.Small or "carpet"? This can be done either through the SMD or the VMT using "$surfaceprop", however, "$surfaceprop" requires "carpet" after the string

Because, Trixie, with clothes made of flesh? Did Pinkie Pie make her hat and cape out of Rainbow? That really ain't right! Anyway, just don't forget the puckerer and funneler flexes, plus the opening and closing of the eyelids because to me they don't appear to be closing completely or right

Hold on a.. what now? That light green pony's name is now Heartstrings! Even Carrot Top is now Golden Harvest

7. Post #287
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    Did Pinkie Pie make her hat and cape out of Rainbow?
    No, she made Cupcakes with her instead.

8. Post #288
    What I meant was "Did Pinkie Pie make Trixie's hat and cape out of Rainbow Dash the Pegasus?". Just don't forget to check Post #284 and #286

9. Post #289
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    What I meant was "Did Pinkie Pie make Trixie's hat and cape out of Rainbow Dash the Pegasus?". Just don't forget to check Post #284 and #286
    I was referring to that really fucked-up fan-fic.

10. Post #290
    Yeah, yeah. Whatever, I was on another topic that was minorly similiar to the fan-fic but regards Trixie's clothing instead. Anyway, I know of that interesting bug with their pupils, as they have pupils all over their eyeballs (Have I seen something like this before? I'm sure I have, that was the crapped up Lucario NPC mod a guy named GuyNumbers created. That model's eyes go up its skull very much), most noticable on Derpy and/or the other ponies when their heads are inflated

(When are we going to be able to choose while physics bone we want to in/deflate? I wonder when the inflator will allow you to choose which physics bone you want to flate without aiming somewhere un-intended by accident)

Again, don't forget to check Post #284 and #286 for some suggestions I've made

11. Post #291
    And perhaps, adding the eyes_updown and eyes_rightleft flexes would do anything good? Not that these flexes are gonna show up in the Face Poser tool.

Ye can also read this? It has information on how eyes are made, though the "Eyes" shader is pretty obvious.

EDIT: Come on, people, a RubberFruit-styled Rainbow Dash showing her Why-Wub-Wooface can't be that bad! Also, I'd just love to see Snails show his manface (But that will need the "BrowIn" and "BrowOut" flexes), make sure you pause at 0:15 and see Scout's example

12. Post #292
    November 2011
    26 Posts
    I'd say that we would have to be on the look-out for KP-ShadowSquirrel's models again and maybe other users who are interested in making 3D models of characters from the show, it would be nice to see a Spike ragdoll or something like that. I guess a little searching around the Internet may lead to a nice 3D model of him.

http://www.gamebanana.com/skins/search?search=MLP

Maybe searching on different sites and forums might lead to a light at the end of the tunnel, and maybe extra content that could be hexed for Garrysmod and that would be actual use for members and fans alike.

Edited:

Just did a little searching and found a page of a 3D Spike model.

http://melinda3d.com/2011/06/15/my-little-pony-spike/
    Nice. I happened to find one also. yet its not like a 2d surface on his face, and i think He might be more responsive. http://kruku.deviantart.com/art/MLP-Spike-269409003

Edited:

There's no age limit and you don't even have to go to a bank, we have these prepaid Visa cards you can get at post offices
    Not only that, but you can also find prepaid giftcards at any supermarket, and some gas stations.

13. Post #293
    November 2011
    26 Posts
    Ok. Bad news, he said he would release the model when he finishes a project the model is for. I guess we are going to have to wait.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #294
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    Ok. Bad news, he said he would release the model when he finishes a project the model is for. I guess we are going to have to wait.
    Spike looks too realistic which is really weird to say.

He needs a more cute/cartoony face like the other models.

15. Post #295
    November 2011
    26 Posts
    Spike looks too realistic which is really weird to say.

He needs a more cute/cartoony face like the other models.
    True, yet this is the only one i could find that could be able for face posing...

16. Post #296
    Looks like there hasn't been even a little progress around here, come on out, people! (Or should I say, ponies?!)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #297
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    666 Posts
    Nopey-Dopey, i have shitload of skinning and hexing progress, i just don't want to upload here. It's too many. Some of them you can see on my Deviantart page.
    And soon i'll start Beta-Test of mine Second Background Ponies Pack.

18. Post #298
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    Nopey-Dopey, i have shitload of skinning and hexing progress, i just don't want to upload here. It's too many. Some of them you can see on my Deviantart page.
    And soon i'll start Beta-Test of mine Second Background Ponies Pack.
    I'll help you out on Beta testing if you want me to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #299
    Make passionate love with the local law enforcement
    August 2011
    1,343 Posts
    Looks like there hasn't been even a little progress around here, come on out, people! (Or should I say, ponies?!)
    Rated funny because of how I see your post.

20. Post #300
    ...Whatever you say, Mister Gency. I hope nobody would mind My Little Fierce Deity? You know, white-colored clothes for the ponies that wear any (includes armor, those royal guards of Celestia's could have use of it), very light azure-white manes (Maybe not for Rainbow Dash, 'cause she's got rainbow hair), blue on the forehead (almost like a necklace-crown), red colours around the eyes like a mask and white, blank eyeballs without pupils (Because these horses are from a toon, would their pupils be needed because they'd look too freaky otherwise?). This is a reference to a Zelda game that takes place in Termina (not Wind Waker, but the art of Twilight Sparkle's storybook looks way similiar to Zelda: Wind Waker because of the eyes and similiar clouds that look like wind)

21. Post #301
    November 2011
    26 Posts
    I just found this on deviant art : http://ivanthelonewolf.deviantart.co...pike-251111169

He said he was rigging it, and gave it bones.

"I couldn't hold it any longer, I really wanted to upload it x3 currently I have the morph targets and the bones laid out, I'm gonna finish the rigging tomorrow (I must >.<)"

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #302
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    2,529 Posts
    That is good.

23. Post #303
    November 2011
    242 Posts
    EDIT: Derp, never mind, I reread the thread.

24. Post #304
    August 2008
    211 Posts
    I just found this on deviant art : http://ivanthelonewolf.deviantart.co...pike-251111169

He said he was rigging it, and giving it bones.

"I couldn't hold it any longer, I really wanted to upload it x3 currently I have the morph targets and the bones laid out, I'm gonna finish the rigging tomorrow (I must >.<)"
    The ragdoll looks a bit too realistic, plus it's in a four legged pose, something that never happens in the series, but in the toy lines.

25. Post #305
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    The ragdoll looks a bit too realistic, plus it's in a four legged pose, something that never happens in the series, but in the toy lines.

If you have seen the official artwork..

26. Post #306
    November 2011
    26 Posts
    Well, he gave it bones, it is just a pose. This means we could pose it any way we can. Its all we can get as of now.

27. Post #307
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    I found some models from the game Miku Miku Dance (Don't know what it is.) I'm guessing they can be ported to GMod.

DJ-P0N3
    http://fav.me/d4g1zrs

Zecora (If ported to GMod, might need resizing.)
    http://fav.me/d4hcjdd

28. Post #308
    I found some models from the game Miku Miku Dance. I'm guessing they can be ported to GMod.

DJ-P0N3

[To Mrglitch2000]They might need some re-modelling as well.

[To others]I've made some suggestions on the Pony models myself, both for the original, current and coming. Search for them by going to the correct post and value (Post #266 about puckerers, funnelers and 2 seperate eyebrow flexes, one for the outer and one for the inner. #286 on Trixie's clothes which should be Cloth.Small or carpet because they sound like a dead horse collapsing on Celestia's floor when they fall from a height. #291 about the two eye flexes eyes_updown and eyes_rightleft, I'm not scared because I can guarantee none of these two will apear in the Face Poser. #300 is less MLP-related because I mention Fierce Deityversions of the ponies.)

I remember 169PD said something about a bug with the models regarding their eyelashes, that part of their hair move along with it.

And another suggestion? Bodygroups and models for those clothes and/or accessories, Luna would wake up in Magicant which is a place that only exists in her mind and find out she's naked (:P, MOTHER 2 reference because in the Japanese version Ness is naked in Magicant. But he still wears his hat)

Now, this is gonna be stressing: Animations with movement for these creatures? There'll be like, gestures, postures and... No, not NPCs that can actually use guns. But definitely re-creations of the different scenes in Face Poser and then previewed like in Max of S2D's videos. But... goly, look at this.

29. Post #309
    November 2011
    26 Posts
    I found some models from the game Miku Miku Dance (Don't know what it is.) I'm guessing they can be ported to GMod.

DJ-P0N3

Wow, there is even a perfect sized appleboom in there, if ported over, people might be able to make reskined fillies.

30. Post #310
    March 2011
    1,283 Posts
    http://mlpformmd.deviantart.com/gallery/?32495880

Mother of gawd... the modeling community for this MMD game is a goldmine of models! Granted, nearly all of them have taken a beating to their polycount and not all of them are of high quality, but this is definately something worth further examination.

31. Post #311
    August 2008
    211 Posts
    http://mlpformmd.deviantart.com/gallery/?32495880

Mother of gawd... the modeling community for this MMD game is a goldmine of models! Granted, nearly all of them have taken a beating to their polycount and not all of them are of high quality, but this is definately something worth further examination.
    Yeah about that, We need to somehow convert the .PMD files to Gmod then it's usable, but most of the models (not counting the regular models) are made from parts of the original models.

And the Spike model is just a reskin of a PS1 model Spyro model.

32. Post #312
    November 2011
    26 Posts
    Yeah about that, We need to somehow convert the .PMD files to Gmod then it's usable, but most of the models (not counting the regular models) are made from parts of the original models.

And the Spike model is just a reskin of a PS1 model Spyro model.
    ^
    Disappointed (Spike is my fav if you haven't noticed by now.)

EDIT : And why is it snowing in my browser for facepunch >_>

33. Post #313
    March 2011
    1,283 Posts
    We need to somehow convert the .PMD files to Gmod then it's usable, but most of the models (not counting the regular models) are made from parts of the original models.
    Pardon me for ignorance in the world of model-making, but how would that affect the porting of the models? If anything, it could make the job easier, considering they could then share the rigging the current models have.

34. Post #314
    July 2010
    442 Posts
    The amount of MMD pony models is surprising. Not only do they cover a lot of the characters from the show (without having to make them look like bad recoloring), but that they also manage to keep the same quality and appearance from the other gmod models. Can't wait to see them ported.

35. Post #315
    November 2011
    242 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

36. Post #316
    Really? I think it looks ridiculous and amusing, like watching a ragdoll spazzing because of many strong thrusters put on them. Anyway, that Flutterbitch would do well as a skingroup instead of a new model (or custom proxy like "DischordLevel" and a $detail texture?).

Well now, I have to think of an "Oni Pinkimena", a "Fierce Deity Molestia" or even a "Link Spike with purple clothes and cap" because we're gonna have a Majora's Mask for Nintendo 3DS. I'd want to shoot a Light Arrow right through Pinkimena's body (head, heart and/or even back), next time, if you can Rainbow Dash, put on an All-Night Mask and you'll be immune to the tranquilizing effects. I never figured Pinkie hated Rainbow inside herself without showing it to anyone, stab her with the Master Sword please

EDIT: Nick likely asked Ellis if he ever ate a horse because the burger meat is likely made from ponies that Pinkcunt slaughtered, it's all as if Pinkie was wearing an invisible Majora's Mask

37. Post #317
    March 2011
    1,283 Posts
    Well now, I have to think of an "Oni Pinkimena", a "Fierce Deity Molestia" or even a "Link Spike with purple clothes and cap" because we're gonna have a Majora's Mask for Nintendo 3DS. I'd want to shoot a Light Arrow right through Pinkimena's body (head, heart and/or even back), next time, if you can Rainbow Dash, put on an All-Night Mask and you'll be immune to the tranquilizing effects. I never figured Pinkie hated Rainbow inside herself without showing it to anyone, stab her with the Master Sword please

EDIT: Nick likely asked Ellis if he ever ate a horse because the burger meat is likely made from ponies that Pinkcunt slaughtered, it's all as if Pinkie was wearing an invisible Majora's Mask
    ...How in the world is that relevant to the topic?

38. Post #318

December 2011
    101 Posts
    can i get someone to make my ragdoll a playermodel or is this the wrong forum???? lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #319
    September 2011
    2,250 Posts
    can i get someone to make my ragdoll a playermodel or is this the wrong forum???? lol
    You made your own thread for that request, don't hijack other threads.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #320
    Make passionate love with the local law enforcement
    August 2011
    1,343 Posts
    You made your own thread for that request, don't hijack other threads.
    To be fair, it'll likely get closed.