1. Post #321
    November 2011
    26 Posts
    Jeez, no one is posting links for DL's of the only 3 good models of spike.... NGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

why do the authors always keep their masterpieces?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

2. Post #322
    September 2011
    2,120 Posts
    Jeez, no one is posting links for DL's of the only 3 good models of spike.... NGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

why do the authors always keep their masterpieces?
    Because they are probably trying to fine-tune the appearance of their work. Wouldn't you want to make sure something was perfect if you were releasing it for others to use?

3. Post #323
    November 2011
    26 Posts
    can i get someone to make my ragdoll a playermodel or is this the wrong forum???? lol
    like the other guy said, you already made a thread for it....

Edited:

Because they are probably trying to fine-tune the appearance of their work. Wouldn't you want to make sure something was perfect if you were releasing it for others to use?
    true, yet 1) I am very impatient sometimes. 2) I have experience when something like that happens. (Author keeps it to himself.) so i expected it as much.

4. Post #324
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,307 Posts
    Okay Miles, go easy on the macros (by go easy I mean don't post them at all). It's a good way to get yourself banned.

5. Post #325
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    599 Posts
    I think it's more funny and scary than horrifying.

6. Post #326
    ...How in the world is that relevant to the topic?
    Because I can imagine seeing Pinkimena as an evil... pony, and Spike dressed up as Purple Link firing a Light Arrow from his bow into Pinkimena's brain for what she had done: Gone cannibalistic and made cupcakes from animals of her own race.

But don't worry, unless she was like Ganondorf (he just gets temporarily stunned and becomes vulnerable to slashes from the Master Sword) she would obviously just vanish in a warp-like way. Turning into a beam of light becoming thinner and vanishing in a flash. Everything either will or will not go back to normal because the cupcake-baking horse is gone

I said that because we've gone through the 25th Anniversary of the Legend of Zelda, and I heard that there is going to be a Majora's Mask 3D (Don't judge me for saying something completely unrelated, I am sorry if you do judge me)

7. Post #327
    March 2011
    1,216 Posts
    Because I can imagine seeing Pinkimena as an evil... pony, and Spike dressed up as Purple Link firing a Light Arrow from his bow into Pinkimena's brain for what she had done: Gone cannibalistic and made cupcakes from animals of her own race.

But don't worry, unless she was like Ganondorf (he just gets temporarily stunned and becomes vulnerable to slashes from the Master Sword) she would obviously just vanish in a warp-like way. Turning into a beam of light becoming thinner and vanishing in a flash. Everything either will or will not go back to normal because the cupcake-baking horse is gone

I said that because we've gone through the 25th Anniversary of the Legend of Zelda, and I heard that there is going to be a Majora's Mask 3D (Don't judge me for saying something completely unrelated, I am sorry if you do judge me)
    I'm just feeling that your post is irrelevant because this topic is about finding and rigging MLP models for GMod (at least I think it is now), and discussing how fan intrepeations of MLP characters match up with Zelda characters seem rather unnecessary.

8. Post #328
    Yeah, right Drewsko... Anyway ShadowSquirrel and oogaboogaman, take care of the flexes for the eyebrows (Each those eyebrow needs an inner brow and an outer brow, how many muscles do eyebrows normally have?), puckerers (kissing, or for Trixie's "Ooooo"), the eye flexes eyes_updown and eyes_rightleft (mostly for Source Filmmaker, because you can't adjust their eyes like in Gmod). But don't forget the flexes for their mouths, jaws and tongues "sideways", like "tongue_sideways", "jaw_sideways" and "mouth_sideways" (Hopefully, they'll be worth the wait/weight because they default to "0.5"

Also, if possible, try to fix the hair moving with the eyelid flexes and Trixie's clothes sounding like a corpse. Also, mind putting some bodygroups on ponies that wear accessories? (shoes, crowns, collars, hats etc.. Wait till you find out you're naked, Princess Luna/Loony)

Oh and, wow look at this Amnesia-related video. But I wonder why there isn't a soundpack for it

9. Post #329
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    2,529 Posts
    I do not know how to make super complex Valve facial flexes nor do I have the desire to do so on simple pony models. I'm assuming the majority of people who downloaded the models are people who don't play Gmod much and just want a simple poseable ragdoll with simple flexes to make simple pictures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #330
    Oh, that sucks. But I guess they could be pulled off if one's lucky. I wanted to see RubberFruit/HWM-styled manfaces and others like the Scout here, you know, folding lips, kissing and manfaces... one could try decompiling Alyx's model and see how her jaw + mouth flexes were done by looking in the SMDs or QCs.

But... is the "pupils all over the ponies eyeballs" bug fixable? If you don't understand what I just asked see for yourself by inflating a pony's head

11. Post #331
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    2,529 Posts
    You can fix the pupils with Photoshop or VTFEdit by ticking Clamp S and Clamp T when saving the pupil vtfs.

So many things wrong with the models.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

12. Post #332
    November 2011
    26 Posts
    I Found this today

Its a skin of a hat, im not sure if it could work though, it comes with a dl link on this page

http://www.mlptf2mods.com/mods/hats/pyro-hats

Its the spike hat, if the pic wont come up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

13. Post #333
    March 2011
    1,216 Posts
    So are we dismissing the usefullness of those MMD models? I can understand why, given the polycount concerns and whatnot, but I want to know if anything more is going to be considered with them. It's a shame if their potential went to waste.

Perhaps to think optimistically for a moment, we could see if the makers of these various models could provide the models in Blender format or whatnot, or at least some form of higher-quality model that could get ported by somebody.

Also, the person behind these models hacking around various parts of the pony models (along with some extra scratch/borrowed modeling) as part of how they've made their works. I know somebody on DeviantArt is playing around with the models in Blender (appearently they're having trouble with rigging), but more people could try this out.

14. Post #334
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    They all need to be smoothened out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #335
    Not only smoothened, Mr. Glitch. But modified to look right as well.

Anyway oogabooga, how do these two suggestions sound?:

Bodygroups for ponies wearing any clothes or accessories (Luna'd find out her crown and collar are missing) and DJ-Pon3 (Vinyl Scratch)'s glasses as a prop that is colorable with the $blendtintbybasealpha 1 parameter. (This is done by having a texture with white lenses and then an alpha channel which should cover parts of the texture to color and not to. Such as the plastic holding the lenses by putting a full aplha channel over what's not the lens part, this would require a seperate grayscale texture for the $envmapmask, but regular glasses normally don't look as good or believable without specularity)

PS: Thanks for the Clamp S & T help (and have fun), because pupil textures (excluding those used with the "EyeRefract" shader because they don't seem to need the clamps) have those 2 flags

16. Post #336
    July 2010
    442 Posts
    I am currently writing a note to the people who have made the very appealing pony models in MMD, to see if they are willing to send in the files to be ported over GMOD. Wish me luck.

17. Post #337
    November 2011
    26 Posts
    Again, I found another Spike model. This one is very weird looking, yet again, it probably will be able to do face posing, finger posing, and eye posing.
    (The Image is too big to post here.)

source: http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=...spike#/d4jexcm

18. Post #338
    August 2008
    209 Posts
    Again, I found another Spike model. This one is very weird looking, yet again, it probably will be able to do face posing, finger posing, and eye posing.
    (The Image is too big to post here.)

source: http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=...spike#/d4jexcm
    I don't know about that model, doesn't even look like an exact replica of the show, compared to the original models. I'm still considering MMD models.

19. Post #339
    January 2011
    1,003 Posts
    Look, why can't we all wait for KP-shadowsquirrel to make a good Spike model?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #340
    March 2011
    1,216 Posts
    Look, why can't we all wait for KP-shadowsquirrel to make a good Spike model?
    Because he's not Ramirez. We can let other people and their models have a chance at providing GMod with more material.

21. Post #341
    January 2011
    1,003 Posts
    Because he's not Ramirez. We can let other people and their models have a chance at providing GMod with more material.
    Oh. I see. Well, OK. Just as long as you do not forget KP, too.

22. Post #342
    Okay, oogabooga. We can forget about adding additional facial flexes and expressions like "Jizz" or "Trollface" if that's how you want it, there are indeed some Gmod Players that like ponies (even if they are rare, like TheInvertedShadow)

23. Post #343
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    Okay, oogabooga. We can forget about adding additional facial flexes and expressions like "Jizz" or "Trollface" if that's how you want it, there are indeed some Gmod Players that like ponies (even if they are rare, like TheInvertedShadow)
    ... Including most people in this thread..?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #344
    Yes Mr. Glitch. Definitely, it sucks though, that we won't be able to make pony poses with kissing or sucking (No, I don't want to talk about Bee Jays)

25. Post #345
    January 2011
    1,003 Posts
    I'm not picky about having extra expressions, anyways.

26. Post #346
    November 2011
    26 Posts
    Remember this model i showed you guys?

http://ivanthelonewolf.deviantart.co...pike-251111169

Well, I commented if there was a download, and he responded :
    "not really, but if you want it just tell me what filetype you need and I'll see what I can do."

Now, i guess that's a question ooga will have to answer.

27. Post #347
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    2,529 Posts
    If it's already rigged then great. Would be cool if he could export it to a format that retains bones like smd, psk, md5, nif, .3ds (I think.)

28. Post #348
    November 2011
    26 Posts
    If it's already rigged then great. Would be cool if he could export it to a format that retains bones like smd, psk, md5, nif, .3ds (I think.)
    He will do it, but he wants to have credit for making the model, which can't be too hard.

29. Post #349
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    He will do it, but he wants to have credit for making the model, which can't be too hard.
    I'm sure that it's not that hard to type the name of the models creator, I mean.. Oogaboogaman has traveled across the entire planet, fighting off tigers and sharks to learn how to type KP-ShadowSquirrel... wait a minute..

In all seriousness, I'm pretty sure it couldn't be that hard to add claws, just a little re-adjusting to the feet and hands and he should be able to be like the Spike we know on the show.

30. Post #350
    November 2011
    26 Posts
    I'm sure that it's not that hard to type the name of the models creator, I mean.. Oogaboogaman has traveled across the entire planet, fighting off tigers and sharks to learn how to type KP-ShadowSquirrel... wait a minute..

In all seriousness, I'm pretty sure it couldn't be that hard to add claws, just a little re-adjusting to the feet and hands and he should be able to be like the Spike we know on the show.
    I would agree with you, but i can't model.
    Ha,ha,ha,ha...ha...ha...

31. Post #351
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    2,529 Posts
    I can't model either. :(

32. Post #352
    November 2011
    26 Posts
    I can't model either. :(
    Hmmm.... If possible, we need to find a modeler to convert his fingers and toes to claws... anyone up to for the job?

33. Post #353
    March 2011
    1,216 Posts
    Hmmm.... If possible, we need to find a modeler to convert his fingers and toes to claws... anyone up to for the job?
    This person has been experimenting alot with Blender, having spent effort converting KP-ShadowSquirrel's models to the program and trying to rig with it (they're appearently trying to rig a Suprise model right now. Maybe you can find aid there?

34. Post #354
    November 2011
    26 Posts
    This person has been experimenting alot with Blender, having spent effort converting KP-ShadowSquirrel's models to the program and trying to rig with it (they're appearently trying to rig a Suprise model right now. Maybe you can find aid there?
    I asked the person, and they said the could do it, now, we need to get a download link of one of the files ooga asked for. So, I already told the creator the files we wanted, and I am currently waiting for a responce.

35. Post #355
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    Waiting over Christmas isn't going to hurt anyone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #356

August 2011
    98 Posts
    Could someone rig Discord? http://searedice.deviantart.com/art/...odel-258863349 he's even looking for someone to do it :)

37. Post #357
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    Could someone rig Discord? http://searedice.deviantart.com/art/...odel-258863349 he's even looking for someone to do it :)
    Looks perfect, I'd say a little tuning up on the textures wouldn't hurt.

38. Post #358
    November 2011
    26 Posts
    ooga, you must. you must. YOU MUST.

39. Post #359
    July 2010
    442 Posts

I dunno. Those kind of models look fugly to me. I'd just wait till KPShadowsquirrel makes a Discord. He/She/ seems to know how to make them look appealing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #360
    Wait, Dischord? If he gets to do "raepfaces" like RubberFruit's it will definitely be worth the weight. Thanks, and let's have fun!

Also, about Flutterfuck... If she was different from Fluttershy (except for faded out palette) she'd be a    dark-colored, Dark Interloper-resembling Fluttershy with red eyes that glow in the dark   . It's like    Dischord would be the new Ganondorf as he'd have created Fluttershy's clone   , Dark Fluttershy.