1. Post #121
    Terminal Shell Founder
    July 2010
    820 Posts
    It CANT be a conflict unless something is overriding the WolfDJ table, which nothing should...

2. Post #122
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    900 Posts
    On my server it also occasionally changes the button that adds a song to the server queue to the button that nominates a song. All my admins are set in the settings/users.txt file; rejoining usually fixes this issue. I believe this also happened in the older version of WolfDJ, before 3.0. I could be wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #123

March 2009
    84 Posts
    As Shadow said above, that is what I meant with my post. So it isn't only me.
    I did rejoin 3 times and it didn't fix my problem, but perhaps a 4th may have.

4. Post #124
    Terminal Shell Founder
    July 2010
    820 Posts
    Interesting. The only reason I can think of is if the menu is being generated before IsAdmin has a chance to verify that you are a valid player. Then, since I am caching the menu instead of regenerating it every time, it keeps the original value of IsAdmin.

I could try regenerating the menu every time it is opened. I'll work on that this weekend, along with the public upload option.

5. Post #125

July 2011
    580 Posts
    can someone help me, the code works but not properly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

6. Post #126
    Terminal Shell Founder
    July 2010
    820 Posts
    can someone help me, the code works but not properly.
    Can someone help me? Someone is trying to report bugs in my code, but not properly...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Zing Zing x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #127

July 2011
    580 Posts
    Can someone help me? Someone is trying to report bugs in my code, but not properly...
    Your code on the stopsounds command stops every sound, but typing stopsounds in the console only stops in gamemode sounds, not others

Edited:

I have a feature request, You should add the ability to change the password of a subuser without having to log out of the master account

Edited:

Another Error i found,
    Browser Message: Uncaught ReferenceError: jwplayer is not defined - :0
    Seen in console

Edited:

Also you might want to translate & from its html code to the lua

Edited:

Also.... Add a request feature where people vote instead of nominate

Edited:

Fucking stop rating me dumb. go to breakpoints deathrun server right now. they have a code that makes the in game music stop while their mp3 player is playing. this is a really cool feature and it is not working in gmod when wolf posted

Edited:

Tell me why i am dumb then... come on,,, tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10 (list)

8. Post #128
    Terminal Shell Founder
    July 2010
    820 Posts
    You're dumb because I already told you the code I posted doesn't work, and that I never claimed it would. Stop requesting it...

In answer to the rest of your post....

Your code on the stopsounds command stops every sound, but typing stopsounds in the console only stops in gamemode sounds, not others
    No Shit... I never said it would work. Hire a scripter to do it. Like I've said at least 20 times between this thread and steam.
    I have a feature request, You should add the ability to change the password of a subuser without having to log out of the master account
    Nah, just log out and back in and stop being a lazy fuck...
    Another Error i found,
    That's not an error, it's a message and it's harmless
    Also you might want to translate & from its html code to the lua
    Probably, but it's not a priority
    Also.... Add a request feature where people vote instead of nominate
    What does that even mean? You were wondering why people rate you dumb? This is why...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #129

March 2011
    33 Posts
    Pretty neat addon, is the best for streaming right now - For server owners.
    It would be nice if you could add the possibility to add songs from Streaming-Portals instead of having to download them from there and after that Uploading them in WolfDJ.

Wondering how i can add songs manually - With FTP.
    Greetings, Dark Rising

10. Post #130
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,852 Posts
    Wondering how i can add songs manually - With FTP.
    Greetings, Dark Rising
    I can't remember the folder structure and I don't know if it has changed with v4, but upload one in the web uploader and find where it uploaded to. Once you find that, upload all of your other songs to that folder in FTP

11. Post #131
    Gold Member

June 2009
    343 Posts
    I can't remember the folder structure and I don't know if it has changed with v4, but upload one in the web uploader and find where it uploaded to. Once you find that, upload all of your other songs to that folder in FTP
    I believe it's media/music/queue/<userid>/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #132
    Terminal Shell Founder
    July 2010
    820 Posts
    I believe it's media/music/queue/<userid>/
    Yep. Upload it to media/music/queue/1 if you are logging in as the admin user, then go to song processing to add them to the DB.

It would be nice if you could add the possibility to add songs from Streaming-Portals instead of having to download them from there and after that Uploading them in WolfDJ.
    Can you give me an example of a site? The problem with most streaming sites is that you have to sign in to use their services, and they don't offer an API, so you'd have to trust WolfDJ with your credentials for the site in order to download the stream.

Incidentally, this is also the reason why I'm not offering streaming services such as Pandora or Last.fm as a music provider for the client. They would either have to already have an account, at which point they can just open it in the Steam Overlay, or the server owner has to have an account, and there is a high possibility of clients being able to look up the owners authentication information. Additionally, I don't think there are any javascript hooks into their flash app, which means I can't interface with it from lua. As such, streaming from sites such as Pandora will not be a feature I will be adding.

13. Post #133

July 2011
    580 Posts
    Are you gonna add that upload feature for anyone?

14. Post #134
    Terminal Shell Founder
    July 2010
    820 Posts
    Are you gonna add that upload feature for anyone?
    Yes, I said I'd get to it this weekend.

Edited:

Probably tomorrow night.

15. Post #135

March 2011
    33 Posts
    I mean like the "Popular" Streaming-Portals like Youtube eg.
    Because you can find like anything on the popular ones and not Music streaming portals - Of course without Video so it still fits to WolfDJ.

16. Post #136
    Terminal Shell Founder
    July 2010
    820 Posts
    I can make it so instead of uploading a file, you can specify a link to a URL. Would that work?

So it would still be listed as Artist - Song - Genre - Time on the songlist, but would link over to the youtube video instead of the flash mp3 player. The problems with this are that you have to input all the data yourself, because I'm not going to autodetect it, you might get ads depending on the youtube clip, and that you'd still have to add it to the database before it can be used.

Want me to do it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #137

July 2011
    580 Posts
    could you add video function? like a little video showing below the player?

And also, it is not working with mac computers.

18. Post #138

March 2011
    33 Posts
    I can make it so instead of uploading a file, you can specify a link to a URL. Would that work?

So it would still be listed as Artist - Song - Genre - Time on the songlist, but would link over to the youtube video instead of the flash mp3 player. The problems with this are that you have to input all the data yourself, because I'm not going to autodetect it, you might get ads depending on the youtube clip, and that you'd still have to add it to the database before it can be used.

Want me to do it?
    I was not meaning it to streaming i ment adding songs from YouTube in the menu where you upload songs.
    It would make it 100% easyer then downloading songs with filsh after that uploading from local.
    Well thanks for making this.
    Greetings, Dark Rising

19. Post #139
    Terminal Shell Founder
    July 2010
    820 Posts
    could you add video function? like a little video showing below the player?

And also, it is not working with mac computers.
    No video. Go use PlayX if you want video... This is a DJ, not a television.

Also, for Mac, you need flash installed for the Steam Overlay probably.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

20. Post #140

July 2011
    580 Posts
    No video. Go use PlayX if you want video... This is a DJ, not a television.

Also, for Mac, you need flash installed for the Steam Overlay probably.
    can't press the keybind on the mac
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

21. Post #141
    Terminal Shell Founder
    July 2010
    820 Posts
    can't press the keybind on the mac
    There is no F7 key functionality on a mac? 0.o

Edited:

Wikipedia disagrees. I think someone just doesn't know how to use a Mac...
    The most recent Mac keyboards include 19 function keys, but keys F1-F4 and F7-F12 by default control features such as volume, media control, and Exposť.
    It is possible that the bindings aren't there, I suppose. Can you you other F keys? If so, then bind it to a different key.

22. Post #142

July 2011
    580 Posts
    actually there is

error on pc version
    Hook 'WolfDJDrawBar' Failed: [wolfdj\cl_init.lua:597] attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'Mid' (a nil value)

23. Post #143
    Terminal Shell Founder
    July 2010
    820 Posts
    actually there is

error on pc version
    First, there is no "pc version" or a mac version.

Second, that's a rare issue when the foreground paints before the forground. Fixed in r22.

24. Post #144

July 2011
    580 Posts
    MAC DOES NOT Work

Edited:

Want me to do it?
    You dont get ads with JWPlayer. (not the video ones)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

25. Post #145
    Terminal Shell Founder
    July 2010
    820 Posts
    MAC DOES NOT Work
    CAN YOU BE MORE SPECIFIC
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #146

July 2011
    580 Posts
    Well... Mac users cannot open the menu at all. Key binds don't work for WolfDJ on mac.
    If anyone has a mac, try it. does not work. and i don't know if this is true, but some people said they could not hear the music either.

27. Post #147

March 2009
    84 Posts
    There is times when a client doesn't hear the music. But if you skip song, they can hear the new song

28. Post #148

July 2011
    580 Posts
    the play sample does not work like it did when first released
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #149
    Terminal Shell Founder
    July 2010
    820 Posts
    Well... Mac users cannot open the menu at all. Key binds don't work for WolfDJ on mac.
    If anyone has a mac, try it. does not work. and i don't know if this is true, but some people said they could not hear the music either.
    Does it work if you rebind the key to a different key?

Edited:

the play sample does not work like it did when first released
    Yes it does?

30. Post #150

July 2011
    580 Posts
    Actually, i think with the "new" update that garry released a while ago for the broken gmod broke some keybinds, you can still open the in game team menu from f1 and f2 but others do not work, even on other servers that use wolfdj too.

31. Post #151
    Terminal Shell Founder
    July 2010
    820 Posts
    Actually, i think with the "new" update that garry released a while ago for the broken gmod broke some keybinds, you can still open the in game team menu from f1 and f2 but others do not work, even on other servers that use wolfdj too.
    Interesting. Then it's a Garry problem, and might be fixed in the next update.

32. Post #152
    Terminal Shell Founder
    July 2010
    820 Posts
    Hey guys, sorry for the delay, been really busy with schoolwork and work this weekend. I updated the web-code to allow you to upload songs anonymously. If enabled, the upload.php file is linked in the sidebar when not logged in, and doesn't require authentication. Users can upload songs via JumpLoader, and the songs will be added to the Processing list for the admin account, who can then add them to the database.

Enable this option in the kernel.php file in /config/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #153
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    627 Posts
    Thank you!

34. Post #154
    May 2011
    281 Posts
    Sorry mr.wolf But i got this ERROR... Dont know what i have to do.

As you know it appears HTTP 500 ERRORS But i am sure i added wolfdj4 web folder to my htdocs folder.

35. Post #155
    Terminal Shell Founder
    July 2010
    820 Posts
    Delete the htaccess file and see if that fixes it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #156
    May 2011
    281 Posts
    -snip-

37. Post #157

July 2011
    580 Posts
    can you add a feature to add streaming links? (RTMP)

Edited:

can you add a feature where anonymous users can enter the id3 data before submitting

38. Post #158
    Terminal Shell Founder
    July 2010
    820 Posts
    cyw960517, at this point, it's your config or your webserver. Try checking your webserver logs to see what is causing the error.

Edited:

can you add a feature to add streaming links? (RTMP)

Edited:

can you add a feature where anonymous users can enter the id3 data before submitting
    Probably eventually.

And I guess so. It's not that much more useful though, since you still have to verify it. But I'll probably change it so you can eventually.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #159

July 2011
    580 Posts

40. Post #160
    May 2011
    281 Posts
    -snip-