1. Post #41
    Terminal Shell Founder
    July 2010
    820 Posts
    i am trying to upload songs
    the title is Call It What You Want by Foster The People
    and in the verification i click the button.
    and the error comes up
    You're using MySQL and I forgot an AUTOINCREMENT since sqlite doesn't need it. Grab the latest lib/modules/dbc_engines/mysql.php and reinstall, or add an autoincrement option to the ID field in wolfdj_songs.

Edited:

Derp, forgot an underscore. Fixed.

Edited:

Fixed an error with the MySQL and SQLite escaping that died on question marks, and modified the file listing to only load the flash player when you click Play Sample. The page lagged a LOT with over 600 flash players -.-

If you're not using Revision 10, you should update to the latest revision.

2. Post #42
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,831 Posts
    I'll work on it tomorrow.
    holy shit do you want to be my wife or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    Terminal Shell Founder
    July 2010
    820 Posts
    holy shit do you want to be my wife or something
    I'm flattered, but taken.

Edited:

If you REALLY want to, you can donate to my clan. Link's in the my title.

Edited:

But don't feel obliged.

4. Post #44

July 2011
    580 Posts
    Whenever I search for something in WolfDJ it does not show results, only shows how many at top

5. Post #45
    Gold Member

June 2009
    342 Posts
    Thanks for all the help earlier via Steam with the web side of things.

Now ingame though, users are reporting this to me:

Hook 'WolfDJKeyListener' Failed: [wolfdj\cl_init.lua:37] attempt to index field 'Menu' (a nil value)

6. Post #46

July 2011
    580 Posts
    Thanks for all the help earlier via Steam with the web side of things.

Now ingame though, users are reporting this to me:

Hook 'WolfDJKeyListener' Failed: [wolfdj\cl_init.lua:37] attempt to index field 'Menu' (a nil value)
    I know you want wolfs help but try redownloading that file.
    Wolf did update the svn a few times in the past hour.

line 37 says for me atleast
    self.Menu:SetVisible( true )
    So hope i help a little if not then sorry for wasting your time

Edited:

on a side note who thinks they should change
    : quagmire :
    to
    :giggity:
    would make more sense
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

7. Post #47
    Terminal Shell Founder
    July 2010
    820 Posts
    Whenever I search for something in WolfDJ it does not show results, only shows how many at top
    Link me your songlist.php URL

8. Post #48

July 2011
    580 Posts
    http://gmodmusic.theminiserver.com/

Edited:

and total songs available stays at 7 when searching no matter what you type

9. Post #49
    Terminal Shell Founder
    July 2010
    820 Posts
    Commited revision 12:
    Changed the delimiter to a pipe instead of a tab, since the tab doesn't seem to work on some servers.
    Bulletproofed the menu code against non-initialization.
    Should fix both your problems.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    Gold Member

June 2009
    342 Posts
    When adding to queue:
    Hook 'WolfDJDrawBar' Failed: [wolfdj\cl_init.lua:605] attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'Mid' (a nil value)
    When a user tries to nominate a song:
    @lua\includes\extensions\string.lua:57] bad argument #1 to 'concat' (table expected, got nil)

And also, when selecting music, console spams:
    AudioPlayer is not defined - :0Browser Message: Uncaught ReferenceError: AudioPlayer is not defined - :0Browser Message: Uncaught ReferenceError: AudioPlayer is not defined - :0Browser Message: Uncaught ReferenceError: AudioPlayer is not defined

But it does still work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    peopleofgaming.com
    January 2009
    1,087 Posts
    Just replace all the HUD.Mid with ScrW() / 2, worked for me.

12. Post #52
    Gold Member

June 2009
    342 Posts
    I think I see the issue with nominating:
    local songInfo = string.Explode( "\t", args[1] )

\t is no longer used as the delimiter, so replace that with "|", or use the config variable WolfDJ.Delimiter.

EDIT: or not. It appears as if WolfDJ.Menu.SongList.SongData[ ID ] is nil.

Edited:

About the web interface: When processing songs, if I leave genre as Unkown, it adds to the mysql db just fine, and is moved, deleted, etc all fine, however, if I select any genre, it claims to have completed successfully, no errors, but it isn't moved, or added to the db.

13. Post #53
    Gold Member

June 2009
    342 Posts
    Songlist.php has a slight syntax error when searching:

Line 34, replace with:
    $strSQL = "SELECT * FROM `wolfdj_songs` WHERE `title` LIKE '%?%' OR `artist` LIKE '%?%' OR `genre` LIKE '%?%' ORDER BY `artist` ASC, `title` ASC";

That should fix the search issue.

EDIT: Automerge broke :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    Terminal Shell Founder
    July 2010
    820 Posts
    Sorry, looks like I forgot a few variables when I did that replace last night. I've been at work all day today and haven't been able to work on it at all. I'll fix stuff when I get home in about an hour or so.

Sorry guys!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

15. Post #55

July 2011
    580 Posts
    Where is he?!?!?!?!!/

16. Post #56
    Gold Member

June 2009
    342 Posts
    Since a lot of people are awaiting an update, I'll upload my fixed versions for you. I hope this is okay mr.wolf, but if not, let me know and I'll take it down asap.

Everything here should work fine (except genres. I'm still having an issue with any other genre except unknown, so when uploading, just leave genre set as unknown). Do remember to change all the config vars in config.lua, and the config files on the web code.

-snipped link-

:)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #57

July 2011
    580 Posts
    i think the genres dont work because there is not mysql class for them

18. Post #58

July 2011
    580 Posts
    deleted
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

19. Post #59
    Terminal Shell Founder
    July 2010
    820 Posts
    Hey guys, sorry for the wait. I came down with some sort of sickness yesterday and have been feeling nauseousness with a fever all day. Feeling better now though, so I'm going to try and get everything working =)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

20. Post #60

July 2011
    580 Posts
    Hey guys, sorry for the wait. I came down with some sort of sickness yesterday and have been feeling nauseousness with a fever all day. Feeling better now though, so I'm going to try and get everything working =)
    yay!!!! Are you gonna add a genre mysql?

Edited:

Can you add me i want to ask you if a feature can be added and i have a server with the example

21. Post #61
    Terminal Shell Founder
    July 2010
    820 Posts
    Revision 15 is now up.

It should fix a bunch of problems people have been having. I also switched over to using JWPlayer instead of Audioplayer, so it's now possible for people who are just joining to have the music start playing with the rest of the server. State saving is also 100% working now, so when enabled, the music will start playing where it left off if the map changes.

Let me know if anything breaks. I did get a chance to test MySQL this time, so I should have gotten any lingering bugs that were popping up.

Edited:

Hi while I am here can you add a pubic uploader (toggleable by setting?) that allows viewers to upload MP3s that need to be verified by an admin?

Edited:

And like, it logs + displays their IP in the pending page. That would be so amazing, I really don't want to make another =(
    Didn't forget about you. Just wanted to make sure everything was working first. I guess I shouldn't try to work when I'm sick as a dog

I'll work on getting the public feature up sometime this weekend.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Lua King Lua King x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    Gold Member

June 2009
    342 Posts
    Awesome. :)

One thing I noticed though now, genres save to my mysql table correctly, but don't output correctly on the index. For example, I selected "rock" as a genre to a song, it saved in the mysql table just fine, but the index says "2 tone".

23. Post #63
    Terminal Shell Founder
    July 2010
    820 Posts
    Odd, it works for me...

24. Post #64
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,831 Posts
    Didn't forget about you. Just wanted to make sure everything was working first. I guess I shouldn't try to work when I'm sick as a dog

I'll work on getting the public feature up sometime this weekend.
    no seriously we should get married
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #65

July 2011
    580 Posts
    Hey, try uploading a bunch of songs and tell me if you dont get the java.lang error

26. Post #66
    Terminal Shell Founder
    July 2010
    820 Posts
    Are you chmodding the music and tmp directories 755?

27. Post #67

July 2011
    580 Posts
    the upload process works but, you get an error unable to upload java.lang but all of files are songs .mp3 previously from the music folder in 3.0 then you have to click ok then click retry files

Edited:

fuck me

Edited:

can you still upload songs if it is 755? last time you said 775

28. Post #68
    Terminal Shell Founder
    July 2010
    820 Posts
    Depends on your setup. If your webserver is running as the owner, then 755 will do it. If it's running in the same group as the owner of the file, then 775 is required.

29. Post #69

July 2011
    580 Posts
    Depends on your setup. If your webserver is running as the owner, then 755 will do it. If it's running in the same group as the owner of the file, then 775 is required.
    I am on a shared hosting with hostgator. SHARED so 775?

Edited:

ok it is at 775

Edited:

I think there might be a problem for people with mysql (ones who did not recreate their database).
    They need to import the sql file you edited. i think that the new tables might not have been written for them

Edited:

Sorry for all of these posts, but i have something i want to add to mine, when you are superadmin, and double click on a song, it adds it to the SERVER queue, not personal. thanks

Edited:

I am unable to search anything. it shows available songs 7 thats it

30. Post #70
    Terminal Shell Founder
    July 2010
    820 Posts
    Updated songlist.php to fix the filter problem. Another derp.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

31. Post #71

August 2011
    10 Posts
    Just updated to your newest revision and now music is not audible. Both in game and the web interface.

I don't have to download JWPlayer for it to work do I?

Edit:

Never mind, now fixed. Was user error.

32. Post #72

July 2011
    580 Posts
    Just updated to your newest revision and now music is not audible. Both in game and the web interface.

I don't have to download JWPlayer for it to work do I?
    It is included in the web_code foldler named jwplayer.swf
    you already have it

33. Post #73
    Gold Member

June 2009
    342 Posts
    [WolfDJ] Error parsing song! Expected 6 properties, got 5
    Table: {"Aerosmith","Fever","4","15","Rock",}
    [WolfDJ] Error parsing song! Expected 6 properties, got 2
    Table: {"","f1017ae102105e90ccfa34d0912b166b",}

It seems the genre saves in the mysql table as "genre\r\n", thus causing this issue.

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    630 Posts
    no seriously we should get married
    Please stop asking him to marry you because he knows basic PHP and Lua and released a plugin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #75
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,831 Posts
    Please stop asking him to marry you because he knows basic PHP and Lua and released a plugin.
    no
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #76

July 2011
    580 Posts
    [WolfDJ] Error parsing song! Expected 6 properties, got 5
    Table: {"Aerosmith","Fever","4","15","Rock",}
    [WolfDJ] Error parsing song! Expected 6 properties, got 2
    Table: {"","f1017ae102105e90ccfa34d0912b166b",}

It seems the genre saves in the mysql table as "genre\r\n", thus causing this issue.
    You might have to reinstall the database and let it regenerate
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #77
    Terminal Shell Founder
    July 2010
    820 Posts
    I updated the index.php save script to trim whitespace from the genres. I'm assuming this only happens for imported songs that you are trying to change, and not freshly added songs, no?

38. Post #78

July 2011
    580 Posts
    I updated the index.php save script to trim whitespace from the genres. I'm assuming this only happens for imported songs that you are trying to change, and not freshly added songs, no?
    Are you also making the public uploader?

39. Post #79
    Gold Member

June 2009
    342 Posts
    I'm still having lots of issues with genres, to be honest. Changing them on index and saving doesn't write to db. Index displays the wrong genre. Perhaps my index have nearly 800 songs isn't helping this issue? Have you thought about pagination?

Everything else seems to be running flawlessly though, and the new JWPlayer integration is a nice touch, allowing users to start from where others are, if joining late / whatever.

40. Post #80

July 2011
    580 Posts
    actually he just needed a fresh import of the sql from phpmyadmin.

Edited:

can you add a few adjustments?
    Make doubleclicking nominate it to people,
    And try to find a way to make it override in game music like in deathrun where the in game music combines with it
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=62671 overrides the music if you need an example
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)