1. Post #1

April 2011
    2 Posts
    Hello, my name is Stephen and I am the vice-president of the Underworld Gaming community. You may or may not have heard about this but our gamemode is now in open Beta. We recently lost our main coder and are currently looking for a new coder to help us work on the gamemode. Payment for the coder will be discussed between our president Hades and the coder. You may contact Hades or I via Steam Friends. The SF names are "ompla7" and "bobofoxy123" respectively. The script is currently a deathmatch gamemode but we hope to incorporate RPG elements into it as time goes on. We would prefer that you live in the US but that is in no way a requirement.

Any prospective coders (may) need to know how to...

1. Save and pull information from an SQL database (Required)
    2. Release updates in a timely manner (Required)
    3. Create a new streamlined HUD (Optional)

Pictures of our current state are below.

sorry if there links could not get them to be pics :/ thanks to rusty for the photos
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb x 6Funny x 1Informative x 1Optimistic x 1Lua King x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Pycские Идиот
    June 2010
    2,529 Posts
    your community structure is fucking hilarious
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3

June 2011
    13 Posts
    Its a great gamemode just needs a new coder to help it continue development
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

4. Post #4
    FLUTTERSHY <3 (also hats suck)
    May 2008
    1,705 Posts
    I would consider helping you, but your sentence structure is so atrocious I don't understand what the specifics are.

Please clarify it, not just for the sake of me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5

June 2011
    13 Posts
    being im the owner of the gamemode and stephen is away.. basically we need somone who would be willing to help develop our gamemode with a few of the following but not limited to updates...
    -trade system
    -donator shop
    -tallent tree
    -gun mods
    we are offering pay if required but i would prefer to discuss that in private

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    687 Posts
    This gamemode, is a festering pile of bullshit. It needs to die.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    October 2009
    5,679 Posts
    First of all

Your HUD Sucks ass

Your using Customisable weaponary weapon base and not giving leet noob the credit

Your fonts are horrible

Your maps are bad

And your community is shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Zing Zing x 5 (list)

8. Post #8

June 2009
    1,753 Posts
    I can't even join your server because your shitty map makes me CTD...

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    687 Posts
    First of all

Your HUD Sucks ass

Your using Customisable weaponary weapon base and not giving leet noob the credit

Your fonts are horrible

Your maps are bad

And your community is shit
    And yet it still manages to be full all the god damn time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    October 2009
    5,679 Posts
    Well Gamemodes like this and Dark RP its what attract Kids
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #11

June 2011
    13 Posts
    Honestly if you're not here to take up a job then dont post grow up. Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

12. Post #12
    October 2009
    5,679 Posts
    When you work on a gamemode at least try to give the people credit for the scripts you stealed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Winner Winner x 4Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #13

June 2011
    13 Posts
    its a free to use weapon pack... its not stolen? lots of servers use it. the gamemode was made from scratch so nothing was stolen
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    October 2009
    5,679 Posts
    You need to give the credit to the weapon base creator
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    September 2009
    186 Posts
    And yet it still manages to be full all the god damn time.
    Don't mind him. He's bitter because very few people care about his current project.

Your HUD is fine, it does it's job for now.
    You really should find someone to write your base weapons.
    Your maps serve thier purpose for now.
    Your community is not something you have much control over. Anyone who cares is better than no one in a gmod project.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 2Winner x 1Dumb x 1Friendly x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    February 2010
    226 Posts
    I tried giving the admins advice on the gamemode, some pretty good advice too, I found the gamemode really lacking any point or purpose other than just shooting the shit out of each other, so I told him why not have gangs start off in bases and try to capture other gangs bases? Then they continued to tell me that they wanted it to be their own gamemode and said it was too much like base wars, but the owner is obviously trying hard to copy shit from gangwars such as models and weapons. Let it die.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17

June 2011
    13 Posts
    I tried giving the admins advice on the gamemode, some pretty good advice too, I found the gamemode really lacking any point or purpose other than just shooting the shit out of each other, so I told him why not have gangs start off in bases and try to capture other gangs bases? Then they continued to tell me that they wanted it to be their own gamemode and said it was too much like base wars, but the owner is obviously trying hard to copy shit from gangwars such as models and weapons. Let it die.
    God you kids whine to much just cause i got a popular gamemode you're jealous of doenst mean whine your ass off on my thread QQ moar. im not copying shit from GWRP i hate GWRP nuff said GG kiddie

(User was banned for this post ("Terrible post" - Orkel))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Glorious GNU/Linux Master Race
    May 2010
    5,184 Posts
    God you kids whine to much just cause i got a popular gamemode you're jealous of doenst mean whine your ass off on my thread QQ moar. im not copying shit from GWRP i hate GWRP nuff said GG kiddie
    i'm jealous of your grammar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Switzerland Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    FLUTTERSHY <3 (also hats suck)
    May 2008
    1,705 Posts
    I don't see anywhere in that post where made a whine about how your gamemode is popular. He's not QQing either. He's making good points and telling us that you chose to not accept them in. There's some obvious elements reused from GangWarsRP too but it doesn't make your gamemode any less or more original.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    February 2010
    226 Posts
    At what point did I come off as jealous? I even offered help I am definitely not jealous.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    687 Posts
    Don't mind him. He's bitter because very few people care about his current project.

Your HUD is fine, it does it's job for now.
    You really should find someone to write your base weapons.
    Your maps serve thier purpose for now.
    Your community is not something you have much control over. Anyone who cares is better than no one in a gmod project.
    wat.

This is the most ignorant thing I've heard all day. I'm guessing you wouldn't know shit if I pooped on your face.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    June 2009
    2,140 Posts
    This gamemode, is a festering pile of bullshit. It needs to die.
    Is it really required that you make a negative post in every thread that you disagree with?

23. Post #23
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,277 Posts
    Well, this thread is a pile of shit.

A lot of you need to stop hating on OP, sure his gamemode isn't perfect, that doesn't mean you can just shit all over his thread.

And OP, ignore them and thank the people backing you, also take the critisism and advice instead of trying to shove it back down their throats, they're trying to help you in the long run.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

24. Post #24
    July 2010
    1,042 Posts

In my mind that didn't make sense. Can you please write what you actually meant using some grammar, punctuation and maybe, just maybe some capitalization? Much appreciated.

25. Post #25
    April 2010
    313 Posts

Lol you don't really know how to keep your gamemode safe considering I have it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Canada Show Events Zing Zing x 4 (list)

26. Post #26

June 2011
    13 Posts
    Lol you don't really know how to keep your gamemode safe considering I have it.
    Stole it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,109 Posts
    Stole it.
    According to your logic it isn't stealing: It's free, isn't it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    January 2011
    330 Posts
    I'm glad my community didn't merge with yours. It's absolute crap, at least our leaders weren't complete retards. I know you don't know shit about Lua and just pay people to do shit for you, but at least have the decency to come up with some good ideas rather than this crap deathmatch gamemode where as soon as you spawn you get 'ub3r l3337 pwnzors' by people 300x greater than your level.

29. Post #29
    April 2010
    313 Posts
    Stole it.
    You basically handed it to me, so it can't be considered stealing.

30. Post #30
    "make me a gamemode and ill take all tha kredit and donation munnay u get amdin and ban if i disliek u lol XD"

Thread in a nutshell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31

June 2011
    13 Posts
    Love the fact all people do that come in this threat 90% of the time is to give me crap and derek honestly you're a fag your community crashed because of you. I dont care if i get banned im simply defending myself for the fact if they can insult me its fair enough to defend myself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    Love the fact all people do that come in this threat 90% of the time is to give me crap and derek honestly you're a fag your community crashed because of you. I dont care if i get banned im simply defending myself for the fact if they can insult me its fair enough to defend myself.
    lol u aint even spell rite

So how much are you paying a coder that fills all of these requirements?
    Also, this is sort of an optional question, but: Can my title in your community be Master Senator, since you guys seem to be using a mix between Democratic and Dictatorial titles for your community managers.

33. Post #33
    January 2011
    330 Posts
    It died with its dignity rather than being in that shitty community. Oh and bobofoxy is emo all he wants is a css jailbreak server and id he doesn't get that he tells you he's injecting himself with antidepressants and cutting himself. Not even lying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #34

April 2010
    36 Posts
    why are u all so mean :<

The game mode ain't perfect, but its decent for now. as a level 1 the game mode seems very unfair:/ If there was some way to balance the game, it'd be great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

35. Post #35

July 2011
    10 Posts
    I used to be co-owner of Underworld when it was still DarkRP. Until hades took a silence to the mouth and never talked to me again, demoted me and completely fucked me over.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)