1. Post #201
    June 2008
    244 Posts
    Shitty redgate reflector hiding this (Shows as an empty method in reflector, ilspy however shows it). I don't even know why I use it anymore.

Works fine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

2. Post #202
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,862 Posts

That's how I like my phong.
    The only thing needed so far is the main texture, but I'll probably add support for using a phong map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Artistic Artistic x 12Programming King Programming King x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #203
    July 2009
    6,580 Posts
    I use a different password for everything. Not necessarily for personal security, but if one service is breached, no one will have access to the other services I use. It's hard to remember 20 different passwords though, so what most people do is write down passwords somewhere.

Instead, I wrote an application that copies a desired password to the clipboard after entering a master password. The password list is embedded in the application, encrypted with AES256 with the master password as key.

When the program verifies that the passwords were encrypted properly, you are allowed to select a password from the list and copy it to the clipboard.

I'm by no means a security expert, but I think this is a reasonably safe solution. Here is the full source code, because obscurity isn't security. Any comments? All I can think of is encrypting the salt and initial vector as well somehow.
    I've been inspired to make one too. Should I use a salt that makes it only usable on that machine?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #204
    Clops with bisousbisous daily <3
    December 2010
    9,188 Posts
    I have coders block with my VERY limited knowledge of C#, and I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good idea for me to program, using a windows form.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #205
    Der Führer
    January 2011
    3,749 Posts
    I have coders block with my VERY limited knowledge of C#, and I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good idea for me to program, using a windows form.
    Try making a text editor or something. Start small, mess around with the controls and their properties and their methods.

You'll find certain controls that you like, so explore them. See what you can do with them.

Maybe set a goal ("I WILL MAKE [X] NO MATTER WHAT!") and see if you can do it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

6. Post #206
    July 2009
    6,580 Posts
    Meanwhile, at the legion of doom:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9Useful Useful x 1 (list)

7. Post #207
    Clops with bisousbisous daily <3
    December 2010
    9,188 Posts
    Try making a text editor or something. Start small, mess around with the controls and their properties and their methods.

You'll find certain controls that you like, so explore them. See what you can do with them.

Maybe set a goal ("I WILL MAKE [X] NO MATTER WHAT!") and see if you can do it!
    I kind of want to make a game, but I have no idea what would be an actually FUN kind of game that would be possible to make with a windows forum, other than a text adventure. Any suggestions?

Edited:

How do you access all the outputs of a windows forum item (E.G a textbox)?

8. Post #208
    June 2008
    1,243 Posts
    Dumping some tech screenshots of what me and another guy working on. Its a game called "Vortex" based on the Quake 2 engine which is mostly rewritten
    Looks like Quake 2 models and textures, with the addition of bumpmapping and specular highlighting on the floor.

Instead, I wrote an application that copies a desired password to the clipboard after entering a master password. The password list is embedded in the application, encrypted with AES256 with the master password as key.
    Take a look at Password Safe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

9. Post #209
    July 2009
    6,580 Posts
    Got an idea while working on my password thing, and listening to the uplink soundtrack. How about: A procedurally generated, neural network implemented uplink clone? Oh wait my brain is already bleeding.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

10. Post #210
    September 2010
    2,166 Posts
    My tank now leaves tracks.

First there was general placement:

Then there was corner detection:

Then finally there was corner placement:

(also it puts rounded off versions of the straight segments if you go forward and then back up)
    (also also, it fades away after like 5 seconds)

Now, to get on making the part of the game that you play. Funny concept right there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 16Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #211
    December 2009
    394 Posts
    I have created Dearman:

It is only a group of animations but its a start.
    It is one of my first attempts in drawing art for games.
    (thanks for the awesome guide about fraps and gifs Overv)

Edit: I don't know why is the gif so slow maybe I've done something wrong :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Bulgaria Show Events

12. Post #212
    June 2008
    1,243 Posts
    How about: A procedurally generated, neural network implemented uplink clone?
    I always thought the LAN hacking was the best part of the game, so a game that's all about LAN hacking would probably be fun. Networks could be randomly generated, but based on "patterns" that serve as building blocks, like a pair of firewalls forming a DMZ or a server associated with a group of workstations. That way you get plenty of variety between networks, but each one is structured in a way that makes sense.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

13. Post #213
    November 2007
    897 Posts
    I kind of want to make a game, but I have no idea what would be an actually FUN kind of game that would be possible to make with a windows forum, other than a text adventure. Any suggestions?
    You could try a simple board game - such as Chess / Draughts just by using a board of 8x8 buttons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #214
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,011 Posts
    Had some time to work on my stuff and now you can parent bodies in 3dsmax and if the objects are tagged as PhysicsObjects then it will create a compound rigid body when the scene loads:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Programming King Programming King x 10 (list)

15. Post #215
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,883 Posts
    Time to give Maurice a run for his money. Or should I say Not Money.

Recursion theoretically already works but I'm scared to test it because I think it will open a singularity or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Programming King Programming King x 14Artistic Artistic x 3Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #216
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,333 Posts
    I don't mean to be pedantic, but I think it's worth mentioning here that it's undefined behaviour. So this output is implementation dependant. Chances are you'll get a different result when you run in debug mode to when you run in release mode for example. You may even find in debug mode your program works fine because the compiler adds a few extra instructions to set the memory to zero.

This is something anybody who learns C(++) should be taking into account when developing
    A compiler would (should) never initialize memory to 0 in debug mode because that would defeat the purpose of debug mode, it's usually set to a known value that is easy to spot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

17. Post #217
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    478 Posts
    Recursion theoretically already works but I'm scared to test it because I think it will open a singularity or something.
    Is that made with Love + Lua?

It looks bloody awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

18. Post #218
    May 2010
    5,278 Posts
    Do it, you know you want to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events

19. Post #219
    LOL
    Dennab
    August 2009
    2,070 Posts
    I haven't laughed this hard in weeks, thanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #220
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,883 Posts
    I did it. I was right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Funny Funny x 24 (list)

21. Post #221

August 2011
    183 Posts
    Time to give Maurice a run for his money. Or should I say Not Money.

Looks like you're competing with this guy, not Maurice. :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #222
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,883 Posts
    Recursion will be a bitch to debug...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

23. Post #223
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,249 Posts
    Someone drew something for me.

Yay.

It's better than anything I can draw and it probably took him less than 5 minutes.
    My friend from school drew that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 17Friendly Friendly x 4Winner Winner x 3 (list)

24. Post #224
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    1,345 Posts
    Why is it that Windows still gives you Windows 98 style controls if you don't go out of your way to apply visual styles?

I made something like this, once I get home I'll show my version.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

25. Post #225
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,142 Posts
    I made something like this, once I get home I'll show my version.
    A form with a title and a 98-style button? Sweet jesus, man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 19Zing Zing x 1 (list)

26. Post #226
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    1,345 Posts
    A form with a title and a 98-style button? Sweet jesus, man.
    A password manager
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Informative Informative x 5 (list)

27. Post #227
    June 2008
    244 Posts
    I'm working on a animation editor (using spritesheets) for my engine:

All I need to do now is get a way of previewing the animation on the form and exporting it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Programming King Programming King x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #228
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,883 Posts
    I somehow managed to... I don't even know how to explain it.
    It's like the particles of one portal draw the image from the other one behind them and the particles from the other portal erase the image from the first one. Then there's also motion blur for some reason...
    I don't even know anymore...

Gifs turn out too crappy or too big and I don't really want to upload this to my youtube so here's a direct link to the avi. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/35032740/Ren...2-05-44-40.avi

Edited:

Getting closer I think

I'll stop spamming now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Disagree x 5Programming King x 1Agree x 1Winner x 1Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #229
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    4,785 Posts
    I'll stop spamming now.
    Don't, It's one of the best projects of WAYWO right now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

30. Post #230
    February 2009
    830 Posts
    I somehow managed to... I don't even know how to explain it.
    It's like the particles of one portal draw the image from the other one behind them and the particles from the other portal erase the image from the first one. Then there's also motion blur for some reason...
    I don't even know anymore...

Gifs turn out too crappy or too big and I don't really want to upload this to my youtube so here's a direct link to the avi. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/35032740/Ren...2-05-44-40.avi

Edited:

Getting closer I think

I'll stop spamming now.
    Content != Spam
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 22 (list)

31. Post #231
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,883 Posts
    Don't, It's one of the best projects of WAYWO right now
    I might work on it some more today but then I'm going to sleep and I can't work on it tomorrow.
    Monday is school so you can't expect updated before monday afternoon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events

32. Post #232
    February 2009
    830 Posts
    what happened to my avatar? (0.o)

33. Post #233
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,431 Posts
    Garry stole the blue's avatars.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

34. Post #234
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,333 Posts
    No idea, mine is working fine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

35. Post #235
    June 2010
    1,323 Posts
    I'm starting to see a fair bit of lag in my game now. Since no-one's gonna recognise me without my avatar (GAAAAAAAAAAAAARRYYYYYYYY) it's the Asteroids clone. Time to finally learn quadtrees!

Will they magically fix all lag or will my shitty method of CHECK EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME still ruin it?

Edited:

Also are there any A+++ quality quadtree tutorials?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

36. Post #236
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,288 Posts
    I wish I was working on my college assignment, but I had a rage at VB for not using semi-colons or curly brackets. So I'm playing Minecraft.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

37. Post #237
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,062 Posts

smoother cell reveal. now reveals a fraction of a cell originating from the previous neighbor cell, instead of just an on/off state.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 29Programming King Programming King x 1 (list)

38. Post #238
    open.gl
    February 2007
    7,431 Posts

smoother cell reveal. now reveals a fraction of a cell originating from the previous neighbor cell, instead of just an on/off state.
    When I saw that I expected dlaor_guy for some reason, nice work!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 27 (list)

39. Post #239
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,142 Posts

What is this exactly? It looks awesome but I have no idea what's going on! :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

40. Post #240
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,062 Posts
    What is this exactly? It looks awesome but I have no idea what's going on! :P
    a dfs maze being revealed by cell depth (modulo some number) vs time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Programming King Programming King x 1 (list)