1. Post #81
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,323 Posts
    Oh and you can use the Kinect for some Easy mode where all you do is steer, and the game auto gas and brakes.

Edited:

gayyyy.
    Forza 3 already had an auto-brake assist you could turn on, it's not much of a change because back then you just held down the gas until you saw the brake lights come on.

2. Post #82
    March 2011
    67 Posts
    The only reason I regret selling my Xbox. Forza> Need for Speed. Which was great until everything became a re-adaption of Minutes to Midnight.

3. Post #83
    October 2010
    11,171 Posts
    The only reason I regret selling my Xbox. Forza> Need for Speed. Which was great until everything became a re-adaption of Minutes to Midnight.
    You are comparing 2 completely different games.

One's a simulator and the other is a game that is good only for their cars and graphics.

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2008
    3,641 Posts
    I bought a PS3 only because of GT5. I was so fucking disappointed that I can't even begin to describe it.
    I bought a PS3 just for GT5 too. Somehow, I wasn't dissapointed at all
    I still play it.

Edited:

I'll certainly get this game too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #85
    April 2011
    92 Posts
    I know this wouldn't happen in a million years, but I think it would be badass if they let the Crown Vic interceptor be in the game. Swap in 5.4L's, 351's, 427's, 460's, or w/e. People love to make police paint jobs on cars and stuff, it would be sick to have an actual police car in the game and you can modify the hell out of it and race it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    941 Posts
    Fuck yeah. They put in a Volkswagen Fox, why can't they put in a Crown Vic?

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,757 Posts
    There'll be a whining shitfest on the forums. All people on the Forza forums want is more of the same Ferraris or Corvettes. When they announced the Prius there was a massive shitstorm of retards canceling their preorders and having sobbing fests because the Prius isn't a racecar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    941 Posts
    I love it when racing games include common cars in a game. That way I can tune the fuck out of them to get a 2 second 0-60 time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

9. Post #89
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,757 Posts
    I love it when racing games include common cars in a game. That way I can tune the fuck out of them to get a 2 second 0-60 time.
    This, so much. Mid engined supercars are a dime a dozen and aren't particularly interesting to tune/upgrade because they're already fast, but crappy common cars are the most interesting and fun to mess with and chuck around. Also when you make a crappy car go stupid fast it's a lot harder and more exciting to make it controllable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

10. Post #90
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,323 Posts
    I know this wouldn't happen in a million years, but I think it would be badass if they let the Crown Vic interceptor be in the game. Swap in 5.4L's, 351's, 427's, 460's, or w/e. People love to make police paint jobs on cars and stuff, it would be sick to have an actual police car in the game and you can modify the hell out of it and race it.
    The Dodge Charger and the Ford Taurus are already ingame, and a lot of people mod those to resemble the police versions.

If we were to get a Crown Vic based car, it'd probably end up being the Mercury Marauder rather than the Crown Vic interceptor, because the Vic would probably be a sub-100PI car when stock.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #91
    May 2010
    108 Posts
    Can't wait for this game, Ive had all 3 Forzas.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,361 Posts
    not sure if I want to get this, mostly because xbox is retarded and doesn't support g25s.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,941 Posts
    I heard from my friend (who makes stuff up a lot but thats beside the point) that they're thinking of putting turbo-diesel trucks in forza

personally, I would LOVE to have a F250 or 350 dually blowin smoke around racetracks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 2 (list)

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,757 Posts
    The Dodge Charger and the Ford Taurus are already ingame, and a lot of people mod those to resemble the police versions.

If we were to get a Crown Vic based car, it'd probably end up being the Mercury Marauder rather than the Crown Vic interceptor, because the Vic would probably be a sub-100PI car when stock.
    Nah, it wouldn't be sub-100. 100 PI cars in Forza get to 60 in like 12 seconds and the Crown Vic takes 8. Also with the P71 package it's decently grippy too.

15. Post #95

September 2011
    107 Posts
    turbo-diesel trucks
    forza

F250
    blowin smoke around racetracks

i came

16. Post #96
    July 2008
    350 Posts
    not sure if I want to get this, mostly because xbox is retarded and doesn't support g25s.
    Actually? Wow that sucks, I was gonna get a g25. I've got the 360 racing wheel but it's not much fun without a clutch or shifter
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #97
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,757 Posts
    Get the Fanatec wheel. It's got all the 900 degree clutching H-shifting goodness of the G25 but it works on PC, PS3, and 360, and has better FFB and a nicer bigger wheel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #98
    June 2007
    540 Posts
    I heard from my friend (who makes stuff up a lot but thats beside the point) that they're thinking of putting turbo-diesel trucks in forza

personally, I would LOVE to have a F250 or 350 dually blowin smoke around racetracks
    Well, at least according to the website they're putting the GMC Syclone, the Hummer H1 Alpha, and the Dodge Ram SRTwhatever in the game. Perhaps not turbodiesel, but still kinda cool.

19. Post #99
    July 2008
    350 Posts
    Get the Fanatec wheel. It's got all the 900 degree clutching H-shifting goodness of the G25 but it works on PC, PS3, and 360, and has better FFB and a nicer bigger wheel.
    These look great, I don't know why I haven't heard of them before. Is the GT2 the best?

20. Post #100
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,361 Posts
    I would get the Fanatec, but I have a perfectly fine G25 sitting here next to me, next year of my life is gonna be saving, saving and more saving so I can afford that Subaru or 200sx.

21. Post #101
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,323 Posts
    Fanatecs are also like $300+ when you get them with the pedals

22. Post #102
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,757 Posts
    These look great, I don't know why I haven't heard of them before. Is the GT2 the best?
    I think so. I have the 911 Turbo S which is discontinued but it's exactly the same just with a different wheel rim. They're also coming out with a CSR wheel which is functionally the same but has a different non-Porsche rim, specifically for Forza 4.

23. Post #103
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,698 Posts
    I would get the Fanatec, but I have a perfectly fine G25 sitting here next to me, next year of my life is gonna be saving, saving and more saving so I can afford that Subaru or 200sx.
    Speaking of which, what's the difference between the G25 and the G27? I've been looking around for a good wheel, and the G27 really caught my attention. That is, until I discovered it's over 500 bucks.

24. Post #104
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    9,720 Posts
    It's just a newer version with some more buttons, smoother shifter and... not much else than that

I got the G27 myself

25. Post #105
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    578 Posts
    The G27 is basically just a G25 with minor upgrades and less features. The G27 shifter doesn't have the sequential function which the G25's did.
    I moved from a G25 to a Fanatec GT3 RS V2 with the clubsport pedals last year and it's just so much better, the GT3 RS is only compatible with PC and PS3 though.

Also, Forza 4 demo's out on October 3rd.

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,419 Posts
    The G27 is much cheaper than a G25 now.

I got my G27 for $215 with a $35-off coupon on Newegg.

Now I kinda wish that I had gone for a Fanatec now, but whatever, I'll wait for the CSR.

27. Post #107
    March 2008
    9,720 Posts
    I didn't even find one G25 for sale here in norway when I as buying mine.. I thought the 25 would be cheaper but then I found the G27 on sale in some store some time ago and just bought that

28. Post #108
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,702 Posts
    have fun using your $200+ logitech wheels on xbox (:

29. Post #109
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,419 Posts
    That's why I have a Microsoft POS wireless wheel and will be buying a CSR when I can.

Ugh, the thought of using that hump of plastic makes me ill.

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,323 Posts
    What is the difference between the CSR wheel and the Porsche GT2 wheel? The CSR has a really strange looking mount, and doesn't look as comfortable as the GT2.

31. Post #111
    March 2008
    9,720 Posts
    I don't play on xbox

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,757 Posts
    What is the difference between the CSR wheel and the Porsche GT2 wheel? The CSR has a really strange looking mount, and doesn't look as comfortable as the GT2.
    There are actually 2 CSR wheels, the regular one is mechanically identical to the GT2 and 911 Turbo S. The CSR Elite is different and is much more precise and smooth, or something.

33. Post #113
    Fuck Bitches, Get Scritches
    April 2005
    1,319 Posts
    Always been a Gran Turismo fan... but #5 was just pathetic. Forza is a lot more fun to play and has many more features.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #114
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,757 Posts
    Muscle car pack trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0qoMJA8JcA

1965 Pontiac GTO
    1968 Pontiac Firebird
    1970 Buick GSX
    1970 Dodge Coronet Super Bee
    1966 Chevrolet Nova SS
    1969 Shelby GT500 428CJ
    1971 Plymouth GTX 426 Hemi
    1967 Dodge Coronet W023
    1968 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock
    1964 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt

Edited:

Also they just announced Indianapolis (but everyone already knew it was in anyways)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,066 Posts
    I want this game so fucking bad. MAKE A PC PORT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,757 Posts
    I want this game so fucking bad. MAKE A PC PORT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
    Get a 360 :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,066 Posts
    Fuck that shit. That costs money that could be going towards my trans am :(

38. Post #118
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,757 Posts
    Fuck that shit. That costs money that could be going towards my trans am :(
    Sell your Trans Am and get a 360 :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,066 Posts
    Goddamnit I hate you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,419 Posts
    Holy shit those cars look good. Turn 10 outdid themselves with the image based lighting.