1. Post #1921
    May 2010
    3,679 Posts
    Artificial islands ftw!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10Artistic Artistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #1922
    HARDCORE BUT NOT FORCEFUL
    February 2008
    2,864 Posts
    I found New Orleans:

Japan biome
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 18Zing Zing x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #1923
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,756 Posts
    Oh man, the amount of clay you can find now is ridonkulous

Go to water area's in swamps, you can now build a city out of bricks with the number of clay you can find in there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #1924
    September 2009
    925 Posts
    Any way to get rid of fucking xp orbs because i have so many i can't even move.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #1925
    September 2010
    6,882 Posts
    Any way to get rid of fucking xp orbs because i have so many i can't even move.
    MC Edit or set the blocks under them on fire/use lava
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Italy Show Events

6. Post #1926
    HARDCORE BUT NOT FORCEFUL
    February 2008
    2,864 Posts
    Oh yeah, I made a thing:

Seeing as we can put pressure plates on fence blocks to make tables I decided to try something else

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 15Winner Winner x 4 (list)

7. Post #1927
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    6,015 Posts
    Oh yeah, I made a thing:

Seeing as we can put pressure plates on fence blocks to make tables I decided to try something else

Brilliant.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

8. Post #1928
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    4,621 Posts
    No strongholds or villages or crap like that, but:

I won't be needing to build a whole house. :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Late Late x 2 (list)

9. Post #1929
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,975 Posts
    I've been noticing odd hollow sections too, in a Mineshaft, there was a perfecty square room with nothing in it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

10. Post #1930
    asdfghjkl.
    May 2011
    2,122 Posts
    I'm looking forward to playing 1.8 servers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #1931
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,849 Posts
    Exploring and looting mineshafts is so awesome. It's like a proper dungeon.
    Not to mention, MELON SEEDS.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #1932
    August 2011
    45 Posts
    Thought i might be the first to do it :) for the first server to make that sign and come join us raccooncity.dyndns.info and the Live stream of it the making http://www.livestream.com/minecraftprereleasebeta
    come join us
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #1933
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

14. Post #1934
    May 2010
    3,679 Posts
    I have possibly found the king of all oceans, will post picture when I'm done mapping this beast (west to east it takes 1 and 2 thirds of in-game maps, north to south has been all water so far, 1 map height). Ocasional islands here and there :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

15. Post #1935
    December 2009
    7,267 Posts
    LEET. TACTICAL. GAMING.
    Boris Petrov, [L4G] Moe, mc marlkarx, robbie doe
    Entertaining, but what does this have to do with minecraft?

16. Post #1936
    October 2009
    6,256 Posts
    This guy's been spamming the video over the MC subforum. Report and move on.

17. Post #1937
    I can buy a title to replace to the one someone bought me
    December 2007
    4,073 Posts
    Fun fact: The red spotted mushroom resembles the Amanita muscaria, more commonly known as the fly agaric, which is a psychoactive and poisonous mushroom.
    The brown mushroom resembles the Boletus edulis, which is a delicacy in many countries.
    In survival test, eating a red mushroom would hurt you for one and a half heart.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 7Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #1938
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    884 Posts
    will a map created in 1.8 pre release work in 1.8 release?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #1939
    May 2010
    3,679 Posts
    will a map created in 1.8 pre release work in 1.8 release?
    It wil work but it might glitch out on new areas seeing as there are no snow biomes in the pre release.

20. Post #1940
    September 2011
    7 Posts
    Anyone know when the actual 1.8 comming out?

21. Post #1941
    The Disabled Kid
    Dennab
    February 2011
    4,770 Posts
    I'm guessing 15-20th.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #1942
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    7,904 Posts
    Giant Mushrooms are a bit odd. All you have to do is find two mushrooms and kill a skeleton, and you've got tons and tons of stew. Why even bother farming?

23. Post #1943
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,648 Posts
    Bonemeal is a limited resource and farming does not require you to do any work.

Edited:

I would rather see them drop mushroom blocks though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #1944
    March 2010
    2,435 Posts
    It wil work but it might glitch out on new areas seeing as there are no snow biomes in the pre release.
    Who's to say there will be snow biomes in 1.8 proper?

25. Post #1945
    I will huff and puff and FLIP YOUR FUCKING TABLES
    October 2005
    7,155 Posts
    What the hell
    I just came back from a spelunking trip (Got plenty of iron, yay!) and..
    well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #1946
    May 2010
    3,679 Posts
    Who's to say there will be snow biomes in 1.8 proper?
    It's in the list of known bugs and seeing as Jeb fixed more than a third of them today, I don't see why they would delay the release unless they wanted it to be close to perfect, I don't consider a missing biome to be perfect. The whole point of the pre-release was to find bugs before it went public.

On another subject, I decided to see if I should have built my water base further out into the sea, I was not expecting this:

Minecraft, I now nominate you Lord of Waterfuck. On the x-axis I shall continue (I should also get an award for perfect map alignment without looking at coordinates, it even blew my own mind)

27. Post #1947
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,498 Posts
    It's in the list of known bugs and seeing as Jeb fixed more than a third of them today, I don't see why they would delay the release unless they wanted it to be close to perfect, I don't consider a missing biome to be perfect. The whole point of the pre-release was to find bugs before it went public.

On another subject, I decided to see if I should have built my water base further out into the sea, I was not expecting this:

Minecraft, I now nominate you Lord of Waterfuck. On the x-axis I shall continue (I should also get an award for perfect map alignment without looking at coordinates, it even blew my own mind)
    I think the new map Generator just generates small islands outside of the main continents
    see this image source
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #1948
    asdfghjkl.
    May 2011
    2,122 Posts
    I'll post some questions here:-
    If you've bought a server, can you still use the server client? If so, how? Like customise the world and stuff?

If you can't get the client, how the fuck do you make a new map?

29. Post #1949
    May 2010
    3,679 Posts
    I think the new map Generator just generates small islands outside of the main continents
    see this image source
    Someone had way more time on their hands than I do

30. Post #1950
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,222 Posts
    Great. I created some manner of infinite bucket/milk drops. The second I get near, my inventory EXPLODES full of milk and buckets. If I drop it, it only creates another. Sigh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #1951
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,364 Posts
    i'm probably late to this but if you sprint and hold down space you start bunny hopping and it goes at like twice the speed of the sprint
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #1952
    September 2009
    2,081 Posts
    so wait, are endermen supposed to attack you if you take your reticule off of it? i was kinda hoping for that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #1953
    Hearts
    July 2007
    3,179 Posts
    so wait, are endermen supposed to attack you if you take your reticule off of it? i was kinda hoping for that
    That was my impression. On my server though, they were buggy as fuck.

34. Post #1954
    July 2007
    548 Posts
    I went exploring my map. My town is in the top left, where the lit up village is. I explored all the way to the right until i ran out of food.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #1955
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,975 Posts
    Now we get three strongholds? That's cool. Not as difficult to find, but still hard. I just hope we'll get some form of surface indication that a stronghold is there. I wouldn't mind getting some ruined surface structures, like an abandoned village.

Can vines grow out of no where, or do they require an already existing vine to spread?

36. Post #1956
    August 2009
    855 Posts
    see this image source
    That is definitely an improvement, but still doesn't look much like real-world geography, obviously. Needs less lakes...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

37. Post #1957
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,725 Posts
    Fun fact: The red spotted mushroom resembles the Amanita muscaria, more commonly known as the fly agaric, which is a psychoactive and poisonous mushroom.
    The brown mushroom resembles the Boletus edulis, which is a delicacy in many countries.
    In survival test, eating a red mushroom would hurt you for one and a half heart.
    Ate one of those in Snake Eater. I think I killed Snake because I didn't treat him.

38. Post #1958
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,254 Posts

Built a bit more of my modern stronghold.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

39. Post #1959
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,871 Posts
    Since we're showing off bases:

Not real happy with the roof, but I couldn't do much with it because the height limit cut it off.

40. Post #1960
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,955 Posts
    Even further reason why there needs to be some bloody battle music in Minecraft. Like what you'd get in Legend of Zelda.

Or heck, the music could be more intense based on the number of mobs after you.

When you piss off a whole army of skags in Borderlands, this plays.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)