1. Post #1561
    September 2009
    767 Posts
    Just found an entire cave system with tons of diamonds and gold and iron. Fuck yes.
    And some faggot skeleton shot me into lava. Fuck no.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #1562
    April 2007
    1,982 Posts
    Is it just me or are skeleton arrows almost impossible to dodge now? I have to be max distance away and even then, it just barely misses me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 14Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #1563
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,821 Posts
    They always have perfect aim, it's incredibly annoying.
    Notch should adjust their aim just a bit so that they don't kill you every time you find one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

4. Post #1564
    January 2010
    9,642 Posts

How the FUCK did you get down here

Edited:

to brighten out how confused I am

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 21 (list)

5. Post #1565
    September 2009
    1,170 Posts

Got nothing on my commando cow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

6. Post #1566
    We're made of star-stuff
    February 2009
    10,170 Posts
    Ok so I just downloaded 1.8 and have no idea what the new shit is and what's going on.

Anyone?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

7. Post #1567
    Glod Menber
    May 2008
    24,564 Posts

How the FUCK did you get down here

Edited:

to brighten out how confused I am

He used the elevator. That is why he turned around to giggle at you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

8. Post #1568
    January 2010
    9,642 Posts
    oh my god can someone help me trying to find out how that fucking chicken got down there, there is nothign nearby leading straight to the suraface, just normal caves.

Edited:

best chicken ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 37Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #1569
    October 2008
    1,442 Posts
    Keep him alive that motherfucker will lead you to diamonds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 28Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #1570
    January 2010
    9,642 Posts
    right now he's just wandering around looking at the lava lakes as if it's normal.

Who knows how long he's been down here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

11. Post #1571
    September 2009
    767 Posts
    Ok so I just downloaded 1.8 and have no idea what the new shit is and what's going on.

Anyone?
    There's a 1.8 in 60 seconds video a few pages back. Look for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #1572
    January 2010
    9,642 Posts
    I'm digging wherever he stops near a wall.

oh god damnit automerge.

Edited:

oh fuck I dug up above it and found gold.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 10Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #1573
    August 2009
    2,851 Posts
    They always have perfect aim, it's incredibly annoying.
    Notch should adjust their aim just a bit so that they don't kill you every time you find one.
    I'm hoping that, once blocking gets fixed, you can block arrows entirely.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #1574
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    5,927 Posts
    Whoa, okay, that's new to me, trees generating IN water

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 7Late Late x 6 (list)

15. Post #1575
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    11,825 Posts

Swamp biome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #1576
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    7,536 Posts
    that's how the swamps work
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

17. Post #1577
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    5,927 Posts
    Swamp biome.
    Most swamp biomes I've seen up to that, had trees generating on land, not in water, thus why I had said "to me".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

18. Post #1578
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,624 Posts
    I can't say I care too much Strongholds, Mines, and Towns right now. They definitely need some work, because right now they don't really look like anything a sane person would make. If anything, it looks like an insane person was watching a sane person build something, but they didn't really get it, so when the insane dude went off to build he made something that sorta made sense but in the end wasn't quite right.

It's like if you asked whoever made the towns "why is the door on the second floor" they'd respond with "why, what's it for?"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #1579
    July 2011
    138 Posts
    Built a house and then fell off a cliff. My luck with this game is not very good a the moment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #1580
    March 2009
    288 Posts

What's that texture pack? It's gorgeous
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #1581
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    5,927 Posts
    What's that texture pack? It's gorgeous
    Xaiwaker
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events

22. Post #1582
    July 2009
    112 Posts
    I was playing Minecraft and listening to the Blood Diamond soundtrack (my adventure music), then this happened.
    (Watch in HD!)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 19Artistic Artistic x 4Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #1583
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,108 Posts
    I can't say I care too much Strongholds, Mines, and Towns right now. They definitely need some work, because right now they don't really look like anything a sane person would make. If anything, it looks like an insane person was watching a sane person build something, but they didn't really get it, so when the insane dude went off to build he made something that sorta made sense but in the end wasn't quite right.

It's like if you asked whoever made the towns "why is the door on the second floor" they'd respond with "why, what's it for?"
    It's terrain-related glitches.

The buildings are coded to follow a certain pattern of desing, so if you have a house going off a cliff that's twelve blocks high it's gonna fill the space below with construction materials, however the desing of the house tends to backfire if the door is going towards the side that has no ground. Something like that could be countered with stairs or ladders spawning below the door depending on the door's height.

Mine shafts often intersect between each other and tend to go through cave systems and ravines, and because of how the structural code states that after a certain distance there should be wooden beams they often end up smelting with each other or end up floating in thin air. I assume that it can be coded that if there are no blocks around it or if it is spawning in the same spot as something made out of the same material it will not spawn.

I haven't seen dungeons and strongholds yet, so I can't really comment on them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events

24. Post #1584
    January 2010
    9,642 Posts
    oh fuck I fel down from a mineshaft into a lower one and now there are zombies everywhere D:

25. Post #1585
    March 2009
    288 Posts
    I thought so! I used to own a town on his old server
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

26. Post #1586
    January 2010
    9,642 Posts
    there's a cave spider spawner nearby and I can hear them, but not see them

27. Post #1587

July 2011
    73 Posts
    I know, i know, more than one posts made some people mad, i know, i'll stop posting too much. Geez.
    shut the fuck up already

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming" - Swebonny))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #1588
    January 2010
    9,642 Posts
    oh wow a creeper blew up a chest.

it contained a diamond! (which didn't break luckily!)

29. Post #1589
    December 2009
    4,846 Posts
    How do you change a servers game mode to creative mode?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

30. Post #1590
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,737 Posts

Try this one out
    Spawned facing an NPC village, hell yeah!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #1591
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,592 Posts
    gamemode=1
    survival is 0
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

32. Post #1592
    December 2009
    4,846 Posts
    gamemode=1
    survival is 0
    Thank you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #1593
    I HAVE SEVERE AUTISM AND IM FRIENDS WITH BRONYS
    April 2006
    2,756 Posts
    Is there any fix for the memory errors, or am I just gonna have to wait till the actual release of 1.8 when ever that is, which will probably still be the same knowing Notch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

34. Post #1594
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,221 Posts
    Think I'm going to settle down for now.

I've been playing 1.8 Hard mode - Do not craft any items, smelt anything, or cook any food unless you reach a village. I've been wandering for hours, trying to find a stronghold, to no avail. Guess it's time for a break in this village.

35. Post #1595
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,996 Posts
    i was just sitting in an abandoned mineshaft thinking, "man, I'm going to need to surface for wood soon" for a couple secs before it hit me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 36Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #1596
    The Silent Rater
    November 2009
    3,266 Posts
    It's getting very easy to find ores. I remember the rush to find iron before my current iron pick breaks. Haven't found diamond though, so that's still a challenge.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #1597

July 2011
    73 Posts
    Cooking raw beef crashed my game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

38. Post #1598
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,867 Posts
    Does anyone else take the chests they find in mineshafts? I'm not sure whether its greed or not wanting to craft my own, but I carried about 12 out on my first expedition.

39. Post #1599
    January 2010
    9,642 Posts

I am free! after spending a long time under the ground, in abandoned mines. I found the surface! along the way I found a chest with a diamond and a few melon seeds, and another ravine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #1600
    asdfghjkl.
    May 2011
    2,119 Posts
    My brother is setting up a 1.8 server.
    It's got like 7 slots or something depending on whether his computer can handle it, it usually does like 4 with no lag at all.. so 7 should be fine.

Hamachi channel: facepunch12
    password: minecraft
    ip: 5.174.122.194
    rate agree if you want whitelisted i guess.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)