1. Post #1761
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,229 Posts

The beginning of my new project. This is gonna be fun.

Mushroom house above ground, stone fortress below.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #1762
    October 2009
    6,271 Posts
    I think health potions should be added for rapid healing.
    Make them a little harder to make, make them not refill hunger. Would work really nicely if you had to make a bottle, and then craft the substance into it. Maybe give a use for a multitude of more difficult things to find, glowstone, netherrack, rotting flesh, etc, to give it a little difficulty in making. Outweigh the difficulty by making it heal a good amount of health instantly or so, like food used to do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

3. Post #1763
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,073 Posts
    Oh boy lets play some minecraft 1.8!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 28 (list)

4. Post #1764
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,421 Posts
    This stuff reminds me of hardcore mode from Fallout New Vegas.

Which brings up this idea: Starting out with only a small number of heart containers, then a level up skillpoint could be put into max HP?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

5. Post #1765
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,229 Posts
    If potions ARE added, they should do it like Terraria did - Potion Sickness. Good if you need a quick boost in the heat of combat, but you can't spam the fuck out of it to make yourself INVINCIBRU.

Come to think of it, there are a lot of things Terraria did that I would kill to see in Minecraft. Potions are just one of the things. Biome specific mobs are another big thing. NPCs sound like they'll be Terraria-ish too, most notably the Blacksmith. What I have to wonder, however, is how will villagers act? Will they wander around like cattle, or only stay in the village area? I've seen watch towers -- perhaps Hunters stationed so when night falls they can slay any monster? Farmers who tow the land, collect what they harvest, and replant the seeds? Perhaps the biggest house is some sort of town house or market. There are tons of possibilities given how the villages spawn and look (small houses with no real purpose at the moment, hell some have dirt floors) and I hope that Notch & Jeb do their best to make use of everything presented. Although, I must admit, a hierarchy system within villages would be deliriously biznasty. Farmers and Peasants live in dirt floor houses, ect. The higher you are, the better your house.

But these are all just the ramblings of a man who loves his block-style building games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #1766
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,572 Posts
    This stuff reminds me of hardcore mode from Fallout New Vegas.

Which brings up this idea: Starting out with only a small number of heart containers, then a level up skillpoint could be put into max HP?
    I love this idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

7. Post #1767
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,470 Posts
    If potions ARE added, they should do it like Terraria did - Potion Sickness. Good if you need a quick boost in the heat of combat, but you can't spam the fuck out of it to make yourself INVINCIBRU.

Come to think of it, there are a lot of things Terraria did that I would kill to see in Minecraft. Potions are just one of the things. Biome specific mobs are another big thing. NPCs sound like they'll be Terraria-ish too, most notably the Blacksmith. What I have to wonder, however, is how will villagers act? Will they wander around like cattle, or only stay in the village area? I've seen watch towers -- perhaps Hunters stationed so when night falls they can slay any monster? Farmers who tow the land, collect what they harvest, and replant the seeds? Perhaps the biggest house is some sort of town house or market. There are tons of possibilities given how the villages spawn and look (small houses with no real purpose at the moment, hell some have dirt floors) and I hope that Notch & Jeb do their best to make use of everything presented. Although, I must admit, a hierarchy system within villages would be deliriously biznasty. Farmers and Peasants live in dirt floor houses, ect. The higher you are, the better your house.

But these are all just the ramblings of a man who loves his block-style building games.
    Mod API is going to be a godsend.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

8. Post #1768
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,229 Posts
    God, every time I look at the Mushroom House I'm doing, I can't help but think "It looks like a witch would live there..."

And then I hear this playing in my brain.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #1769
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,269 Posts
    I decided to make some sort of stronghold style base
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 19 (list)

10. Post #1770
    I am not a cool person please ignore everything I say
    May 2010
    4,164 Posts
    I'm curious.Has anyone made a Slenderman skin for the Endermen?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #1771
    December 2009
    1,517 Posts
    Does the real 1.8 update come out tomorrow? :3:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #1772
    I am not a cool person please ignore everything I say
    May 2010
    4,164 Posts
    Found a Slenderman Skin for Enderman.

And the eyes to go with it:

Enjoy.

That's terrifying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #1773
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,703 Posts

The beginning of my new project. This is gonna be fun.

Mushroom house above ground, stone fortress below.
    So what powerups do I get if I visit your house?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Agree Agree x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

14. Post #1774
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,229 Posts
    Free diamond armor + 64 pieces of steak
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

15. Post #1775
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,510 Posts
    Experience orbs sure do lag up a server when you've got lots of them. I tried jumping into a pool of water but hit the corner and my body becomes a thousand little orbs sending everyone's fps down to 1. Had to open the world in mcedit and delete the entities.

16. Post #1776
    wasted $2 on a title
    June 2007
    1,491 Posts
    I decided to make some sort of stronghold style base
    Building with that block is a bad idea, they tend to go missing thanks to silverfish. Built a mob trap with them, keeps breaking because the silver fish keep moving.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

17. Post #1777
    May 2009
    754 Posts
    Would you guys suggest making a new map now if I wanted to keep it? I generally don't like putting time into a world I won't stick with because it turns out to have buggy world generation or something. Is the pre-release stable enough not to worry about it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

18. Post #1778
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,269 Posts
    Building with that block is a bad idea, they tend to go missing thanks to silverfish. Built a mob trap with them, keeps breaking because the silver fish keep moving.
    I'm in creative and peaceful Will this still effect me?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

19. Post #1779
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,083 Posts
    That seems really silly. Hopefully they fix that in the official 1.8 release, because that block type is really nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #1780
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,484 Posts
    Awesome natural forest with mini lake.

MMMMmm 3 biomes in one is awsome, and a natural rock channel

Their is an abandon mine shaft in the huge crack

That river goes right into a huge ass swamp

holy shit that texture pack. what's it's name?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #1781
    September 2005
    12,349 Posts
    holy shit that texture pack. what's it's name?
    It looks like a modified Frenden's pack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

22. Post #1782
    March 2008
    3,203 Posts
    what block?

23. Post #1783
    May 2009
    754 Posts
    Would you guys suggest making a new map now if I wanted to keep it? I generally don't like putting time into a world I won't stick with because it turns out to have buggy world generation or something. Is the pre-release stable enough not to worry about it?
    Has anyone had any world breaking problems with the pre-release?

24. Post #1784
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,971 Posts
    On the subject on endermen, I can say that indeed they are a bit spooky but they could do with their own sounds.

In my head, when they are walking around peacefully they make this sort of whistling noise, almost as if they are singing. The sound is beautiful yet haunting.

When you look at them they go dead silent.

And when they teleport they make this noise like a mix between a hiss and a roar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 2 (list)

25. Post #1785
    wug
    Tumornator 2: Judgement Day
    June 2010
    2,724 Posts
    Generated 4 worlds with "helloworld"

Still spawned there.
    I spawned on a tiny island on the middle of an ocean
    Without the "'s i spawned in a swamp with no village.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

26. Post #1786
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,971 Posts
    Anyone notice how it's currently September the 12 and we haven't had a proper release yet?

My guess is they leaked is so they could finish the coding proper without us making a fuss of it too much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 14 (list)

27. Post #1787
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,762 Posts
    Anyone notice how it's currently September the 12 and we haven't had a proper release yet?

My guess is they leaked is so they could finish the coding proper without us making a fuss of it too much.
    Better late and working than rushed and buggy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

28. Post #1788
    Dennab
    March 2010
    1,464 Posts

It's not even half 8 in the morning. They're not at work yet you bawbag.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #1789
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,762 Posts
    It's not even half 8 in the morning. They're not at work yet you bawbag.
    Swedish time!

Edited:

hey wait what the fuck it's 8:15 in england what are you insinuating
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

30. Post #1790
    August 2009
    299 Posts
    Does anyone know what to do when you get this when trying to connect to a server?
    internal client error: java.net.connectexception: connection timed out:

31. Post #1791
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    1,077 Posts
    Does anyone know what to do when you get this when trying to connect to a server?
    internal client error: java.net.connectexception: connection timed out:
    The mojang webservers are down and you can't play on most of the multiplayer servers.

-snip. i am an ass hat-

32. Post #1792
    August 2009
    299 Posts
    I've been reading the thread, thanks. I saw on another thread someone was able to connect, I tried to connect to the same server and it gave me this error "internal client error: java.net.connectexception: connection timed out:" Just simply asking what I should do for it.

33. Post #1793
    June 2008
    3,554 Posts
    On the subject on endermen, I can say that indeed they are a bit spooky but they could do with their own sounds.

In my head, when they are walking around peacefully they make this sort of whistling noise, almost as if they are singing. The sound is beautiful yet haunting.

When you look at them they go dead silent.

And when they teleport they make this noise like a mix between a hiss and a roar.
    You're right. Adding creepy sounds would really help make the Endermen more convincing and more scary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #1794
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    3,488 Posts
    Alright guys, whatever you do, don't bother going to the seed PreRelease that was previously mentioned as a survival level.

It's frustrating as all heck. Nothing but islands. It's more than a challenge.

I have not seen a SINGLE animal there; this means scarcity in food, and arrows. Just a whole bunch of hostile evil creatures. I'm lucky I can craft wool using strings so I could actually have a bed... and good thing I knew how to fish too.

And endless seas means not much room for exploration anyways, heh.

It was funny at first, and interesting... but it suddenly lost it's charm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #1795
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,635 Posts
    BroDawg: I told you, bro!

BroDawg: I told you about the lava!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 4Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #1796
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    42,018 Posts
    I think health potions should be added for rapid healing.
    Endermen should drop a heart when you kill them that can be made into the potion

since I can't see him coming up with anything good to use the pearls for
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

37. Post #1797
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,233 Posts
    Endermen should drop a heart when you kill them that can be made into the potion

since I can't see him coming up with anything good to use the pearls for
    Ugh... Or you know... Simply using the pearl as part of the recipe for making the potion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Bulgaria Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #1798
    I HAVE SEVERE AUTISM AND IM FRIENDS WITH BRONYS
    April 2006
    2,777 Posts
    When is the actual 1.8 supposed to be released?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #1799
    June 2011
    975 Posts
    Jesus, people, it's only 10:54 in Sweden right now.
    I'm as excited as you are but I really doubt 1.8 full will be out this early in the morning.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #1800
    I HAVE SEVERE AUTISM AND IM FRIENDS WITH BRONYS
    April 2006
    2,777 Posts
    If you noticed, I asked when it was out, i'm not bothered when I just wasn't sure if it was today.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)