1. Post #14801
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,420 Posts
    Ah I see, but wh ywere you told to replace his? He was just as much a part of the team as me or you...
    PM'd the reason why, I'd rather not make it public and add more drama to the Emporium.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #14802
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    1,654 Posts
    Why is it that over half of the ideas I come up with are references to other games or books?

For instance I have a flamethrower drawing somewhere around here that is a re-purposed Martian heat ray.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

3. Post #14803
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,965 Posts
    I think the great big bundle of fixes should be taken out of the op for being a bit... Misleading?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Zing Zing x 1 (list)

4. Post #14804
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2010
    14,106 Posts
    "User's profile prevents you from adding them at this time"

Edited:

I'm sure current day me can texture 10,000 times better then old me.
    But for that you wouldn't need IdleTard.
    Also, the texture looks good to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

5. Post #14805
    July 2010
    1,746 Posts
    Excuse me, I don't think you heard me clearly.
    CAN WE PLEASE HAVE A CLOSE-UP OF THE MAGGOT MODEL.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Late Late x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #14806
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2010
    14,106 Posts
    Excuse ME please, but I'm afraid you suck at reading posts.
    (No offense intended)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 6Late Late x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

7. Post #14807
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,095 Posts
    http://www.facepunch.com/showthread....2#post33158652
    dummy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

8. Post #14808
    fuck you inspecter I do what I want
    August 2009
    9,179 Posts
    PM'd the reason why, I'd rather not make it public and add more drama to the Emporium.
    speaking of PMs did you get that PM I sent ye?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

9. Post #14809
    itty bitty silly pretty little pony
    September 2011
    7,454 Posts

So I had another one of those idea things
    super special prize if you can guess what this is based off, I'm sure none of you will be able to guess
    could work as a shotgun or flamethrower replacement I guess but flamethrower would probably work with those animation thingies better
    I spend far too much time at college thinking about silly guns
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Late Late x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #14810
    May 2011
    2,917 Posts

The Astro Nut?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Aruba Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #14811
    fuck you inspecter I do what I want
    August 2009
    9,179 Posts

The Astro Nut?
    will it involve "uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuu" and "John Madden"?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3 (list)

12. Post #14812
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    1,654 Posts
    will it involve "uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuu" and "John Madden"?
    "Here comes another chinese earthquake brbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbr brbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbr"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

13. Post #14813
    Tyrannosaur Fisherman Extraordinaire (Not Game Fish)
    May 2009
    4,836 Posts
    I believe that is the characteristic of mine and commie's.

His just has "SPACE" written on the back of the helmet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #14814
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,058 Posts

Best put that down if you haven't got the gold for it mister.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

15. Post #14815
    May 2011
    2,917 Posts
    I believe that is the characteristic of mine and commie's.

His just has "SPACE" written on the back of the helmet.
    Yes. I dont want to step over commie and tony's original.

Their helm is actually a russian cosmonaut helm while ours is more on the NASA realm.

Still, no offense to commie and tony who made the original, full of respect for you guys. Hope it's ok to you that me and cap'n ragequit are making another space helm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Aruba Show Events

16. Post #14816
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    1,168 Posts
    To be honest I prefer the helmet Commie and Tony made. Just more visually interesting in my opinion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

17. Post #14817
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    1,654 Posts
    I think it looks nice but the lines on the neck just makes the stretching much more visible and unsightly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

18. Post #14818
    Tal
    September 2011
    299 Posts
    Join THE CAVE STORY UPDATE on steam!

Better group avatar and events coming soon!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

19. Post #14819
    March 2011
    680 Posts
    Yes, don't know what happened there, when I submited to Valve I did not make it so shiny, this is what it looked like, but am going to add some more polygons and make lods.

As for people wondering for the magically working soda popper, I intended to add some cables on the concepts i did on polycount, but jiggles bones on a weapon, probably not worth it/bad idea, lets just say as scout runs it shakes the soda and at some point the pressure makes the soda go into the barrels giving minicrits to the shells.
    Maybe you can add earpads so it doesn't clip the scouts ears? :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #14820
    DMY
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    259 Posts

And it's finished, pretty much! If you like it, be sure to up-vote it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 12Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #14821
    Human Garbage
    June 2008
    9,767 Posts

Needs a couple large brushstrokes on the sides and at least one on the front.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #14822
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,803 Posts
    Right then, I am asking this question just out of pure curiousity of a conversation I had last night.
    (a.k.a 9/10 cats know this won't happen)

All you Contributers/Community weapon owners:
    Rate Agree if you would be able and willing to go to Seattle to visit PAX and Valve sometime in the future as part of a group trip of sorts that could be summed up as:
    "A group of people who have no idea who each other are besides the fact that they love valve go on a trip to 'merrika"

All you Non-Contributers, Rate Winner if you would be interested in watching a documentry-esque video on youtube of the adventures of that group.
    Done
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

23. Post #14823
    May 2010
    6,739 Posts
    Well it is more like "what the hell will we do with this booth"
    I don't think that idea would do well IMO.

Edited:

Finland fought off the entire USSR a good few years back, I think Mr.Finland has had his fill of awesome for a quite a bit.
    OK, just a suggestion. Let me know if you're going to PAX, though. We can compare hats

24. Post #14824
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,669 Posts
    Right then, I am asking this question just out of pure curiousity of a conversation I had last night.

Rate Agree if you would be able and willing to go to Seattle to visit PAX and Valve sometime in the future as part of a group trip of sorts that could be summed up as:
    "A group of people who have no idea who each other are besides the fact that they love valve go on a trip to 'merrika"

All you Non-Contributers, Rate Winner if you would be interested in watching a documentry-esque video on youtube of the adventures of that group.
    Only if you all walk up in a big mob, acting like you're really pissed off about the recent influx of statless cosmetic weapons.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd find that hilarious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #14825
    DMY
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    259 Posts
    Needs a couple large brushstrokes on the sides and at least one on the front.
    That should be quick enough, I'll give it a go.

26. Post #14826
    May 2011
    14 Posts

Promo for a L4D update?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #14827
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
    November 2010
    4,241 Posts

So I had another one of those idea things
    super special prize if you can guess what this is based off, I'm sure none of you will be able to guess
    could work as a shotgun or flamethrower replacement I guess but flamethrower would probably work with those animation thingies better
    I spend far too much time at college thinking about silly guns
    Is it based off this:

?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #14828
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    April 2006
    5,505 Posts
    I think a few of you might remember this

Decided to remake it as the old mesh was stupidly unoptimised, here's how it looks so far
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

29. Post #14829
    September 2011
    7,454 Posts
    Is it based off this:

?
    It wasn't
    but I am suddenly interested in water guns operated via electricity
    this could totally cause fire in team fortress world

30. Post #14830
    February 2010
    870 Posts
    Is this consistent or does the steam come out in bursts? Also, is it possible to make their faces turn red when steam comes out of their ears? Because for some weird reason I remembered God Hand when I saw that steam.
    It's a constant stream of particles at the moment. The velocity of them "wanders" a bit so it looks a bit more interesting.

This sounds like a pretty cool idea. Can I be a maybe until we know more?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

31. Post #14831
    October 2011
    72 Posts
    Well, here it is. I've tested it a lot, so I can safely say that it's not completely broken.

It requires .NET 4 to run.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 12 (list)

32. Post #14832
    April 2011
    1,337 Posts

DISLIKE MY BADLY DONE MODEL WITH ALL YOUR FORCE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista France Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6 (list)

33. Post #14833

October 2011
    42 Posts
    hey guys have been workin on this Ironsight Launcher a bit more and i think im finished with it

the only problem i can see happening now is it being too dark, but what do you guys think?

also, whoever said to make the trigger and trigger guard thicker, FANTASTIC IDEA, im reallly really glad you gave it, because i think it makes it look much better.

any last minute feedback for this one?

edit: heres an in game pic

thanks again.

edit again: also since i know someone is going to say it needs more brush stroke, i did do some but either you cant see it because im doing it wrong or the lighting is too dark
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

34. Post #14834
    August 2011
    1,606 Posts
    hey guys have been workin on this Ironsight Launcher a bit more and i think im finished with it

the only problem i can see happening now is it being too dark, but what do you guys think?

also, whoever said to make the trigger and trigger guard thicker, FANTASTIC IDEA, im reallly really glad you gave it, because i think it makes it look much better.

thanks again.

edit again: also since i know someone is going to say it needs more brush stroke, i did do some but either you cant see it because im doing it wrong or the lighting is too dark
    more texture less base colors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #14835

October 2011
    42 Posts
    more texture less base colors.
    heh im pretty nooby, could you by any chance be more specific/explain what you mean? i THINK you mean use less flat gray and more brush strokes so it has texture rather than looks smooth, but i tried and think im failing at it

this is what it looks like in hlmv but you cant really see that in either of those screenshots. am i doing it wrong? thanks again, appreciate it.

36. Post #14836
    January 2009
    1,089 Posts
    Well, here it is. I've tested it a lot, so I can safely say that it's not completely broken.

It requires .NET 4 to run.
    For my own programmer's curiosity, is this little gem open-source?

37. Post #14837
    September 2011
    7,454 Posts
    heh im pretty nooby, could you by any chance be more specific/explain what you mean? i THINK you mean use less flat gray and more brush strokes so it has texture rather than looks smooth, but i tried and think im failing at it

this is what it looks like in hlmv but you cant really see that in either of those screenshots. am i doing it wrong? thanks again, appreciate it.
    You need big, visible brushstrokes. Imagine you were literally painting the weapon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #14838
    August 2009
    1,072 Posts

thanks again.

Perhaps make it more like a slightly darker rocket launcher color. It conveys the feeling of metal better than what you currently have. In addition, something about the brass texture just doesn't seem right (other than the lack of detail), and I think the wood could use some desaturation.

39. Post #14839
    January 2011
    1,593 Posts

The Astro Nut?
    I don't know why but having it attached to the neck really cheapens the quality.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #14840
    Ginger gizzard amateur~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,135 Posts
    Well, well, well! I got my scanner to work again, so hopefully, I'll be able to post some concepts and actually try to contribute instead of simply giving critiques!

Btw Krosen, that thing on the rear end of your rocket launcher looks out of place. I'd suggest to scrap it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Turkey Show Events