1. Post #11561
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,420 Posts
    the mannequin is really unnecessary
    RagnarHomsar stated that because it doesn't fall off the Pyro, it should be on a mannequin.

Vote for this on the previous page.

[release][/release]

Agree for "No mannequin"
    Disagree for "Mannequin.

Putting a limit on this one, first to 15 wins.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #11562
    RagnarHomsar stated that because it doesn't fall off the Pyro, it should be on a mannequin.
    I didn't say it, Smashman did. General rule is that if the item doesn't fall off the player on death, it's a mannequin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

3. Post #11563
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    3,346 Posts
    I said this in the decal thread, you should make the bar paintable. That way the snack can be changed by painting it. Pink As Hell could be Bulbble Gum, Zepheniah Greed can be the Deus Ex Sow Snack or even Soylent Green, Cream Spirit a dreamcicle, etc.
    I don't know how to make it paintable, if i knew i'd do it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events

4. Post #11564
    ~melon~
    May 2008
    2,925 Posts
    I reckon you should put mannequins on hats that have split parts like the Professor's Peculiarity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

5. Post #11565
    July 2011
    3,279 Posts
    I had a scanner once, but i dunno where the fuck it went, also thanks
    Try retaking pictures of them somewhere with better lighting?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

6. Post #11566
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,420 Posts
    I reckon you should put mannequins on hats that have split parts like the Professor's Peculiarity.
    Yes, that one is indeed getting a Mannequin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

7. Post #11567
    October 2010
    2,042 Posts
    Listening to movie soundtracks while watching the wonderful creations on the emporium. Now, I wait for day 5
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

8. Post #11568
    Generally items with undrawn sides, ala the Peculiarity, don't fall off on death and thus get a mannequin anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

9. Post #11569
    May 2011
    567 Posts
    I still say there should be a Michael Myers themed skin.
    Halloween just isn't Halloween without Michael Myers.

10. Post #11570
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,683 Posts

[release][/release]

Agree for "No mannequin"
    Disagree for "Mannequin.

Putting a limit on this one, first to 15 wins.
    Needs better lighting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11571
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,420 Posts
    Needs better lighting.
    Lighting is not final, I'll definitely improve it.

Edited:

Derp I changed the limit to 14, mannequin wins.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

12. Post #11572
    November 2009
    3,370 Posts
    Lighting is not final, I'll definitely improve it.

Edited:

Derp I changed the limit to 14, mannequin wins.
    Aw, and I just did the 15th rating too :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #11573
    August 2011
    2,062 Posts
    Yay, the freddy pack got in.

Also, the weaponiser was a bit of a let down. Expected new items, not reskins.

oh.

duh.

Anyway, good update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #11574
    July 2009
    377 Posts

(quick start with basic textures)

Think a singed pyro pack could work?

No flame thrower, just poison... poison everywhere!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #11575
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,420 Posts
    Yay, the freddy pack got in.

Also, the weaponiser was a bit of a let down. Expected new items, not reskins.

oh.

duh.

Anyway, good update.
    Um... what?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

16. Post #11576
    October 2010
    2,042 Posts
    I have an idea....that I won't take any credit for, but how about replacing the engineer's pistol with a silicone gun?

"I WILL FIX YOUR WINDOW FRAMES TO DEATH!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #11577
    DMY
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    259 Posts
    Quick question. How do I make it so that a hat doesn't fall off the player when they die?
    (Much alike the brainslug that's been discussed on this very page!)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

18. Post #11578
    February 2010
    1,048 Posts

(quick start with basic textures)

Think a singed pyro pack could work?

No flame thrower, just poison... poison everywhere!
    I think you played a bit too much league of legends...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

19. Post #11579
    Quick question. How do I make it so that a hat doesn't fall off the player when they die?
    (Much alike the brainslug that's been discussed on this very page!)
    Set "drop_type" to "none" in the hat's VMT.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

20. Post #11580
    DMY
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    259 Posts
    Set "drop_type" to "drop" in the hat's VMT.
    Ah, I knew it'd be something simple I was missing. Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #11581
    Ah, I knew it'd be something simple I was missing. Thanks!
    Wait, derp, I'm a goddamned idiot. Not the VMT, the VMT doesn't control how the game handles hat programming. It has to be set in items_game.

22. Post #11582
    November 2009
    3,370 Posts
    Um... what?
    Night of the Living Update I'm assuming.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #11583
    DMY
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    259 Posts
    Wait, derp, I'm a goddamned idiot. Not the VMT, the VMT doesn't control how the game handles hat programming. It has to be set in items_game.
    Ah, okay. Thanks anyway! :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #11584
    May 2011
    2,886 Posts

Back to work. Pyro this time. Comments and crits are welcome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Aruba Show Events Winner Winner x 25 (list)

25. Post #11585
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    5,214 Posts

*Crits are bad joke*

So far looks good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events

26. Post #11586
    October 2010
    2,042 Posts

You should get rid of the shotgun and make a detonator as a sidearm sitting on the side of the belt, buuuut, that is my two cents. No need to listen, your model. Do whatever the fuck you want.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

27. Post #11587
    March 2011
    677 Posts
    Actually even tough the last LODs looks "ugly" it's still a good LOD.

I took each one and resized it to fake a further distance from view and I don't notice any problem which is good.
    For everyone who's struggling with estimating the right budget for LODs, keep these pages handy. The first is the explanation and comparison table for Hammer and Source Model units, and the second explains exactly how LOD is calculated, for those who want to understand what those qc. commands actually mean.

When I made LODs, I looked at what the LOD numbers were for something like the Direct Hit, multiplied those numbers by 6-10x, and used that as the units for the camera distance in 3DSMax. (While my units are always set to generic, the camera's dolly distance demands imperial or metric units.)

This allows me to lock the perspective camera at a given distance so I can see just how much I can strip out of a model before it begins to impact it's shape. The way LOD is actually calculated is slightly different, but this technique is more than adequate for LOD creation and it produces streamlined results.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

28. Post #11588
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,595 Posts

To be honest, I'm not a fan of the weapons being on there. I'd much rather see stuff like spare grenades or a shotgun shell bandolier.

Other than that, it looks great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 22Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #11589
    THE GRINCH WHO STOLE COSMETICS
    Dennab
    August 2011
    5,740 Posts

Comments? Just keep doing what you're doing. It's seriously awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #11590
    May 2011
    5,190 Posts

Your models are amazing as always, Ronin, but I must say I feel the design of this pack makes the Shotgun and Axe jut out unnaturally. It just looks strange...

But don't let that get you down- the model is still awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

31. Post #11591
    August 2011
    1,596 Posts
    Dohoho

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 27Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #11592
    June 2010
    1,213 Posts
    I have an idea....that I won't take any credit for, but how about replacing the engineer's pistol with a silicone gun?

"I WILL FIX YOUR WINDOW FRAMES TO DEATH!"
    Would make more sense if he was able to use it as a wrench.

33. Post #11593
    October 2011
    1,601 Posts
    I think I did this correctly this time.

Based off of this guy.Might add a beard, parrot, and hook as options.
    Repost, plus some more Demo Pirate Concept. Note: Largeish images.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #11594
    March 2011
    677 Posts

Honestly, for the Pyro it would make more sense if the axe and the shotgun were attached to the airtank with a rig.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #11595
    December 2010
    65 Posts

Should have a few other styles, for fans of the Flare Gun, Detonator and Reserve Shooter.

It would be too much work to have melee styles. Maybe besides an Axetinguisher one. :)

Otherwise, love it and would use it in a heartbeat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #11596
    July 2011
    3,279 Posts
    Repost, plus some more Demo Pirate Concept. Note: Largeish images.
    If we're doing more Demopirate stuff then I'd like to see this sexy nade launcher

http://fav.me/d30p79k
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #11597
    October 2011
    1,601 Posts
    If we're doing more Demopirate stuff then I'd like to see this sexy nade launcher

http://fav.me/d30p79k
    That's actually close to what I had in mind as the Grenade Launcher of the Pirate Minion set thing.

EDIT: Well, either that or a design similar to a Flintlock pistol of whatever those pirate pistols are.

EDIT2: Will update the Pirate Coat tomorrow. Have some disign changes in mind.

38. Post #11598
    moo
    November 2006
    4,793 Posts
    I would like to see "demopirates" become the new "demoknights", instead of useless melee they can have a bunch of explosives.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

39. Post #11599
    [release][/release]

It's "Yet Another Icon Poll" time!
    This was in the folder of model hacks that NeoDement provided us. Should the headphones and slightly visible default hat be kept, since that's what the Batter's Helm does in-game, or just the Helm?
    Agree for "Keep", Disagree for "It's horrible! KEEP IT AWAY!".

No mannequin because even though this keeps the Scout's default cosmetic stuff, the Helm still falls off on death.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 17Agree Agree x 5 (list)

40. Post #11600
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    1,297 Posts
    Anyone else see a Teddybear Engie?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 24Disagree Disagree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)