1. Post #19241
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    684 Posts
    hows this shader looking?
    does it look weird?
    Disagree for:

Agree for:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 50Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

2. Post #19242
    Tophat Enthusiast
    July 2011
    3,689 Posts
    After much, much time and a lot of problems (Including 2 complete re hauls), It's finally ready!

Please vote!Mod version coming soon!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Winner Winner x 3 (list)

3. Post #19243
    October 2011
    254 Posts
    After much, much time and a lot of problems (Including 2 complete re hauls), It's finally ready!

Thanks for your patience man, it turned out great :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events

4. Post #19244
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2009
    3,687 Posts
    Did a little work on bakers cap.

brighter is better.
    I'm going to be gone for five days so I won't have time to work on mine.

Edited:

:(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

5. Post #19245
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    1,614 Posts
    I'm revisiting an old weapon of mine to update it to reflect my current abilities. (May be a bit of a page stretcher. For that I am sorry.)
    Still WIP.

Here's the old one for comparison. (Thumnailed)

I made the barrels and muffler higher poly so they're more rounded, made the muffler a bit narrower, made the end of the barrels smaller like on the scattergun, remade the lever. This one will actually get LODs.

Texture is still WIP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 8Winner Winner x 4 (list)

6. Post #19246
    October 2010
    1,502 Posts
    I'm revisiting an old weapon of mine to update it to reflect my current abilities. (May be a bit of a page stretcher. For that I am sorry.)
    Still WIP.
    It's well done, but it could use some features to distinguish it from the Scattergun's silhouette. Try a boxier drum, try a stock, try a more beaten-up method of sawing off the barrels. Aim for unique but not cluttered.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

7. Post #19247
    November 2011
    85 Posts
    So, since I have some time, and no nerves for the animations of my shotgun...
    chimney hat/helmet anyone? didn't see anyone do it so i figured it wouldn't hurt.
    I'm a little conerned about the front and back of the model. Any sugesstions?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

10 min wip btw
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

8. Post #19248
    September 2010
    573 Posts
    Anyone got some hat concepts I can try? I want to learn and get better at modelling, but my mind is completely blank of inspiration, though chances are what I model will likely not see the light of release.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

9. Post #19249
    BADGERPIG
    May 2010
    4,273 Posts
    lol, head attachment
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #19250
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,907 Posts
    How do team colour textures. Seriously, I've got the skin, it's pointing at two different vmts, but it keeps showing only one of 'em.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #19251
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,966 Posts
    Are you attempting to do two separate textures for your team colors, or one texture with an alpha map for paint?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

12. Post #19252
    Maxime Lebled
    December 2010
    12,460 Posts
    Maybe whe should bombard Sparkwire with demands to update the OP?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

13. Post #19253
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,907 Posts
    Are you attempting to do two separate textures for your team colors, or one texture with an alpha map for paint?
    Two seperate.

Edited:

Maybe whe should bombard Sparkwire with demands to update the OP?
    We tried that in the chat. No response.

14. Post #19254
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,966 Posts
    Are you checking them in HLMV? Sometimes I get a bug in HLMV where you switch to the BLU tex, but it still displays the RED one for some reason.

15. Post #19255
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    April 2006
    5,505 Posts
    Are you checking them in HLMV? Sometimes I get a bug in HLMV where you switch to the BLU tex, but it still displays the RED one for some reason.
    Unload weapon.

16. Post #19256
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    193 Posts
    If you're having the HLMV bug where the model is stuck on the red texture, you have to delete your model's registry key in "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\hlm v\."
    Posted that a while back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #19257
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,966 Posts
    Posted that a while back.
    So many hours.......wasted......

;___;7

18. Post #19258
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    193 Posts
    So many hours.......wasted......

;___;7
    Hours? I spent days trying to fix it, thinking it was related to the exporter (I'm a Maya guy. The tools are really outdated.) only to remember that HLMV stores model settings in the registry.

Also, Unload Weapon? I don't even recall having the ability to switch skins on loaded weapons :V
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

19. Post #19259
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,966 Posts
    Hours? I spent days trying to fix it, thinking it was related to the exporter (I'm a Maya guy. The tools are really outdated.) only to remember that HLMV stores model settings in the registry.

Also, Unload Weapon? I don't even recall having the ability to switch skins on loaded weapons :V
    Which would've been a great feature, or hell, just have it load the damn skin for the weapon automatically when it switches the playermodel skin to BLU.

But yeah man, thanks for that fix. This is gonna save some hair tearing in the future, haha.

20. Post #19260
    July 2011
    433 Posts
    Thanks again Psychopath! Love those types of references with item names and descriptions.

Uploaded and done!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...tails/?id=4597

Hope you guys like it. Merry Christmas!
    Imo this colour would look better:

or maybe team yellow?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

21. Post #19261
    Call me "Sir Doctor"
    November 2011
    1,955 Posts
    Dude press f12 for a render so you can take better pictures.
    I'm not taking a "Lets make this pretty" screenshot.
    I'm just getting a quick snag of the progress.

22. Post #19262
    January 2010
    896 Posts
    Progress on my christmas knife...

I don't like how it lacks detail, and i don't know what to add.
    Any suggestions?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events

23. Post #19263
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    11,615 Posts
    Hey uh, anyone who downloaded the Nessie hat should probably do it again, turns out my LOD was terribad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brunei Darussalam Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #19264
    July 2009
    1,661 Posts

You took none of the suggestions. If anything you went backwards, to be blunt that safety pin looks horrid. The burn could do with fading on the edges and the bottlecap looks more like the one you would find on top of a campaign bottle not a fizzy drink.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #19265
    May 2011
    2,839 Posts
    this is what im working on right now...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Aruba Show Events Winner Winner x 14Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

26. Post #19266
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    11,615 Posts
    Valve request?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brunei Darussalam Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3 (list)

27. Post #19267
    May 2011
    2,839 Posts
    Valve request?
    yeah. twice. :(
    i should have done it earlier. just too busy.

It also comes with a super secret LOD tutorial from andrew that i was forced to swear in secrecy since its coming out soon for the community.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Aruba Show Events Informative Informative x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #19268
    May 2011
    5,096 Posts
    All these Valve requests get me excited even though it's not a guarantee it'll be accepted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

29. Post #19269
    Pyrosexual Member (I vigorously masturbate to flames)
    March 2011
    9,641 Posts
    Progress on my christmas knife...

I don't like how it lacks detail, and i don't know what to add.
    Any suggestions?
    Wrap Christmas lights around it, that might look cool.

30. Post #19270
    May 2011
    2,839 Posts
    actually, you should be more excited about this "how to make LODs" from andrew. It shows how he cut down the machina into 3 other LOD models. Very very specific and i learned a lot from it and i'm sure that you guys will enjoy it too. And this tutorial is something real and guaranteed to come in the near future.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Aruba Show Events

31. Post #19271
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,938 Posts

Crap i misspelled Gunslinger.
    Now we need a crit kill sound for Engineer, where he yells "NO WAY, I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!"

32. Post #19272
    May 2011
    5,096 Posts
    actually, you should be more excited about this "how to make LODs" from andrew. It shows how he cut down the machina into 3 other LOD models. Very very specific and i learned a lot from it and i'm sure that you guys will enjoy it too. And this tutorial is something real and guaranteed to come in the near future.
    I'd be more excited if I could model.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #19273
    Ask me about my pony player models!
    July 2011
    9,989 Posts
    its coming out soon for the community.
    Just like source film maker
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events

34. Post #19274
    May 2011
    2,839 Posts
    Just like source film maker
    Well i have it in my e-mail now. He said it just needs proof reading and it should be a go.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Aruba Show Events

35. Post #19275
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    16,896 Posts
    All these Valve requests get me excited even though it's not a guarantee it'll be accepted.
    they spend an awful lot of time and expect an awful lot of work from contributors to turn around and not accept it. I think they put that in the notes section to cover their asses, but I generally think that it means they have their eye on it and it'll eventually make its way in-game.

It's no coincidence it seems the best and most unique models of the last few months get Valve's attention.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #19276
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    April 2006
    5,505 Posts
    They said that for a lot of things which didn't come out.

37. Post #19277
    May 2011
    916 Posts
    they spend an awful lot of time and expect an awful lot of work from contributors to turn around and not accept it. I think they put that in the notes section to cover their asses, but I generally think that it means they have their eye on it and it'll eventually make its way in-game.

It's no coincidence it seems the best and most unique models of the last few months get Valve's attention.
    Bay Raitt commented on one of my items about a month ago but I think it was just a joke comment... lol

So maybe it's not always amazing news to get a valve comment
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

38. Post #19278
    Call me "Sir Doctor"
    November 2011
    1,955 Posts
    Okay, i am bad at making a phong mask.
    You're supposed to make an alpha with the phong reflectivness in white.
    Right?

cause i cant even get vtfedit to open it.

Am i supposed to save the tga differently?

(Also, i havent done a phong mask before.)

Scratch that.
    It saved.

(Man i hate that when i ask a question, after working on the problem for hours, it solves itself.)

39. Post #19279
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    193 Posts

What about those who don't get Valve requests?

I don't even know if there's something wrong with my submissions since I'm not getting any sort of response. Frankly, this stresses me more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #19280
    May 2011
    2,839 Posts

there. it's real.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Aruba Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)