1. Post #19481
    not affiliated with Sega™
    July 2010
    1,822 Posts
    woop, now to the unwrap.
    This thing will take me days :C
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #19482
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    17,011 Posts
    Disguise kit is a PDA, cloaks are PDA2.

And the Spy's revolvers are classed as secondaries in crafting and I think in the backpack as well, unless that was fixed at the same time that they fixed grenade launcher/sticky launcher having mixed up backpack classifications.
    Yea, in crafting the revolver is a secondary, however for the response rules the revolver is a primary, the sapper a secondary. It's just Valve being weird and inconsistent and making the files difficult for outside people to read.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

3. Post #19483
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,720 Posts
    Yea, in crafting the revolver is a secondary, however for the response rules the revolver is a primary, the sapper a secondary. It's just Valve being weird and inconsistent and making the files difficult for outside people to read.
    My kingdom for consistency.

It's a bit late to be requesting that 4 years after the game's release, though. When it's starting is one thing, but now there's a lot that'd need to be updated for there to be complete consistency
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

4. Post #19484
    December 2010
    17,011 Posts
    if I had to guess someone else coded the response rules file while another person did the loadout coding.

And neither communicated with each other.

5. Post #19485
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    5,001 Posts
    Sounds about right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #19486
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,720 Posts
    if I had to guess someone else coded the response rules file while another person did the loadout coding.

And neither communicated with each other.
    Loadouts didn't exist until at least a year after the game came out, and crafting didn't exist until over 2 years after the game came out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

7. Post #19487
    December 2010
    17,011 Posts
    Loadouts didn't exist until at least a year after the game came out, and crafting didn't exist until over 2 years after the game came out.
    Well that's probably why then. Chances are the original response rule guy went to another Valve project and the new guy making the backback didn't bother checking to see if the game already treated the items as certain slots

8. Post #19488
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    193 Posts
    Hmmm, all this LOD talk has inspired me to redo the last level on the Chimney. It's fine and dandy on its own, but I could push it further.

Base: 5496 tris
    LOD1: 4879 tris
    LOD2: 3217 tris
    LOD3: 1803 tris
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

9. Post #19489
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    12,357 Posts
    Mico's monocle is best monocle
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brunei Darussalam Show Events

10. Post #19490
    August 2011
    29 Posts

Requesting a mod that extends hoovy's arm when he does the showdown taunt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

11. Post #19491
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,086 Posts
    What dimensions should a texture for a hat be?

12. Post #19492
    BUY THE BROWN BOMBER
    February 2011
    6,854 Posts
    512 X 512 like a boss
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #19493
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,086 Posts
    Also: Is an AO Bake necessary? I overlap some parts of my texture, and I really don't want to have to tweak it to be perfectly overlapping so the bake won't screw up. Will it be fine if I just lay it out and texture without a bake?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #19494
    Evil Boy Genius
    May 2011
    3,925 Posts
    before

after

Crits?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #19495
    June 2011
    1,149 Posts
    It doubles as a chance for the Machina to actually get LODs at the same time that the tutorial is released. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Edited:

If I'm not mistaken, it's somewhere in items_game.txt, if not the item schema
    It's specified in the talker files (tf.txt to be exact). Assigning new taunts or rulesets isn't difficult though. All you need to do is make a simple entry in the response_rules.txt and an entry in tf.txt (and you can make a guideline a specific as a weapon's name). That's how I made so many weapon specific taunts in my mod.

16. Post #19496
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,292 Posts
    Also: Is an AO Bake necessary? I overlap some parts of my texture, and I really don't want to have to tweak it to be perfectly overlapping so the bake won't screw up. Will it be fine if I just lay it out and texture without a bake?
    Best way to get around that is to move one of the UV elements out of the way, bake, then move it back into place. Hope that made sense. That way the shadows won't be all screwy and intersecting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

17. Post #19497
    January 2010
    3,163 Posts
    before

after

Crits?
    Sideburn could blend into the goggle strap a little better, is there also any hair on the back of his head?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #19498
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,086 Posts
    Best way to get around that is to move one of the UV elements out of the way, bake, then move it back into place. Hope that made sense. That way the shadows won't be all screwy and intersecting.
    That makes sense, thanks!

19. Post #19499
    October 2010
    2,114 Posts
    before

after

Crits?
    Needs more MAN
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #19500
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    5,001 Posts
    An AO bake will allow for your diffuse to pop out and not look like a general mishmash of blobby color. It also creates false depth to add to the differentiation of your item from other things in the player's view. It's highly recommended to do one.

21. Post #19501
    April 2011
    2,657 Posts
    before

after

Crits?
    The hair near his ears has to cover his barely shaved beard (the portion not covered between your model and his cheek/skin). It wonīt make sense if not (and for anyone: donīt use the "hur dur sense doesnīt make sense making sense in TF2 because it is a nonsense" argument, please)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #19502
    Tophat Enthusiast
    July 2011
    3,697 Posts
    Yay! Now all we need is a OP update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

23. Post #19503
    December 2009
    1,654 Posts
    Make a 1024x1024 texture first, then resize to 512x512.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #19504
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    6,380 Posts
    The sideburns have to cover his five o'clock shadow (the portion not covered between your model and his cheek/skin). It wonīt make sense if not (and for anyone: donīt use the "hur dur sense doesnīt make sense making sense in TF2 because it is a nonsense" argument, please)
    Speak in man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #19505
    February 2011
    2,049 Posts
    I just want to throw this out there as an idea: Grinch items for Spy.

26. Post #19506
    January 2010
    919 Posts
    Well it's not REAL snow, silly.
    I could try it, well, just making "fake snow" on the tree's texture would work i think.
    So, it could have 2 styles, with snow and snowless
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events

27. Post #19507
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,925 Posts
    Idea: A white-flag with bullet holes, burn marks an blood stains attached to a sharpened blade of some sorts for medic.

Descriptions:
    "I surrender, suckers!"
    "Not the first war-crime you'll be committing this round, anyway."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

28. Post #19508
    September 2010
    1,168 Posts
    before

after

Crits?
    No, Crits are overpowered.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #19509
    October 2011
    254 Posts
    Idea: A white-flag with bullet holes, burn marks an blood stains attached to a sharpened blade of some sorts for medic.

Descriptions:
    "I surrender, suckers!"
    "Not the first war-crime you'll be committing this round, anyway."
    Back when the TF2 beta had the speed boost removed from the soldier'e equalizer, someone suggested an item that was a beat up white flag called 'The Cowards Way Out' that worked like the equalizer but without any damage boost. Was just lose health = speed.

Not sure why I felt the need to point this out. Thought it was pretty amusing - and the visual of a high tailing Soldier with a white flag out is hilarious, particularly when he grabs health, puts it away and whips out his rocket launcher to say "Just kidding commies!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

30. Post #19510
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,925 Posts
    I suggested once that if a soldier has an activated Buff Banner when his team loses, that the flag turns white during humiliation. It'd go well with his surrendering pose.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

31. Post #19511
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,720 Posts
    I suggested once that if a soldier has an activated Buff Banner when his team loses, that the flag turns white during humiliation. It'd go well with his surrendering pose.
    Soldier doesn't seem like the character to have packed his gear with any intentions of surrender.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Zing Zing x 2 (list)

32. Post #19512
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,741 Posts
    oh my god valve comments on two of my items in less than a half an hour

33. Post #19513
    April 2011
    5,479 Posts
    oh my god valve comments on two of my items in less than a half an hour
    can you post what they said?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

34. Post #19514
    October 2011
    213 Posts

now with 100% less shitty ears
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #19515
    I'LL SUCK DICK FOR SELF-MADES
    July 2011
    10,141 Posts

Good, i just woke up.
    No need to sleep.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #19516
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,086 Posts

Why are you wearing that stupid Pyro suit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

37. Post #19517
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    962 Posts
    Why are you wearing that stupid Pyro suit
    Why are you wearing that stupid Spy Suit?

38. Post #19518
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,741 Posts
    can you post what they said?
    not sure if ethical to post, private and all

but its exciting

Edited:

jesus christ, another comment

guys its like 1AM in valveland

39. Post #19519
    January 2010
    919 Posts

Added snow.
    whats better, with or without snow?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #19520
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    962 Posts
    not sure if ethical to post, private and all

but its exciting

Edited:

jesus christ, another comment

guys its like 1AM in valveland
    Disregard Time
    Comment on Hats