1. Post #1
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    2,937 Posts
    Ohhhh man I love working at a store that is right next to Interstate 20. I get to see hot car's all day long, and get to talk to there owner's wile getting payed.

Like this 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STI

Just like post pic's of car's you saw and think are da shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    666 Posts
    We took this in on trade the other day, I took it for a spin.
    2008 Evo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,594 Posts
    Stuck behind the Merc SLS 6.3 AMG a couple of days ago.

For you Americans, this was a relativley traffic-free journey.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Show Events Winner Winner x 8Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,104 Posts
    You don't see anything like that outside of our cities does driving in Britain suck that much?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,594 Posts
    Like that in most mid-sized towns or anything larger. It was 5:30PM to be fair so rush hour.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,667 Posts
    These were at the ALMS race in Baltimore:

and these are all just things I've seen out and about:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7Funny Funny x 7Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    2,937 Posts
    Why... a shark on a PT Cruzer. Just why, It's the worst car ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Volkswagen and Cigar Aficionado
    October 2006
    2,849 Posts
    Why... a shark on a PT Cruzer. Just why, It's the worst car ever.
    It was in the hopes that SharkCar would fall apart if it ever got too aggressive. Like a fail-safe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

9. Post #9
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    10,051 Posts
    Lots of car's you saw in this thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    643 Posts
    I love the Isetta!

And this old SAAB that i dont really know anything about.

Well ain't those images just fancy?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Denmark Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    March 2008
    10,051 Posts
    wat, why is the isetta using beetle sun cap and headlight eyelids?

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    643 Posts
    IT'S BLASPHEMY!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    2,937 Posts
    Car show on evey last thursday in the parking lot were I work, damn I love getting payed to stair at car's.

Stupid Phone took shitty pic. And shitty camera man not getting closer to the action. :>

14. Post #14
    March 2008
    10,051 Posts
    and again with the car's
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #15

September 2011
    107 Posts
    i think my dad's friend had an isetta when he was younger
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    June 2007
    540 Posts
    Obviously this isn't my picture, but I did see one of these. (and less than three minutes later, a Bentley) Made my week. It wasn't at a car show or anything either- it was just cruising around the streets of Pittsburgh. I got lucky that day, considering that was the only time I've been to Pittsburgh.

(just in case: this is a Reventon, not an Aventador.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

17. Post #17
    July 2007
    436 Posts
    Saw this for the first time yesterday at the lambo dealership by my house. I like the merci SV better, but its still a badass car. There was tis aventador and a merci sv behind it both in a cool semi gloss silver color that looked cool. Was 6 gallardos there too

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 11 (list)

18. Post #18
    Can i have a tital Dav0r?
    August 2005
    1,904 Posts
    I'd have to say, the Aventador is my favorite Lamborghini. Generally speaking though, i'm more into ferraris' cars.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,667 Posts
    I've yet to see any Lambo outside of a dealership besides the Gallardo. Makes me feel bad, as I don't like Gallardos at all compared to their other models.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #20
    July 2008
    350 Posts
    An R34 gtr vspec II that lives in my cul-de-sac, the guy warms it up for ages every time he takes it out (which isn't often)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac New Zealand Show Events Winner Winner x 20Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,667 Posts
    Are those more common in Europe than the US? I've only ever seen one in person here on the East coast of the US.

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,954 Posts
    I thought R34's werent allowed in the us
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    590 Posts
    Depends on the state, I guess? I know that in some provinces in Canada RHD cars are illegal now, unless you imported them before they came up with that law.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    July 2008
    350 Posts
    Couple other nice cars I've seen

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac New Zealand Show Events Disagree Disagree x 13Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    March 2007
    339 Posts
    Saw this for the first time yesterday at the lambo dealership by my house. I like the merci SV better, but its still a badass car. There was tis aventador and a merci sv behind it both in a cool semi gloss silver color that looked cool. Was 6 gallardos there too

Pics
    For there only being 350 LP-670's. I sure do seem to see and hear about them a lot. I mean there's even a video of one driving through mud.
    I was also convinced that all 350 were sold. Why is there one still in a dealership????

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,271 Posts
    e
    And this old SAAB that i dont really know anything about.

Well ain't those images just fancy?
    Sorta looks like on of those two stroke saabs, a bit older tough.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 4Friendly Friendly x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Depends on the state, I guess? I know that in some provinces in Canada RHD cars are illegal now, unless you imported them before they came up with that law.
    RHD is perfectly legal everywhere. Imported cars are a different story, mostly because if the car was made after the requirement of the laminated glass for front windscreens, and came from a place without it (Japan/UK), then you will not be able to register the car as it will fail inspection due to the front windscreen. That, among other safety requirements that the US has and foreign countries don't, is why it is hard to import and drive a car here. Right-hand drive has nothing to do with it, really. If RHD was illegal, postal services wouldn't be having Chrysler build those wranglers they drive in some areas (New RHD wranglers, just like the LHD version but converted by Jeep for the postal service).

The hard part is the glass, airbag regulations, safety equipment, tires will have to comply with US DOT, it's just a big mess of having to retrofit safety shit into a car that either didn't come with it or doesn't have it readily available.

Say someone wanted to import a JDM RHD CRX SiR, the glasstop one. Well, you'd have to change the windshield out for a USDM windshield, the bumpers (the actualy bumper, not the skin) for USDM bumpers (correct impact rating), among other miscellaneous things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    590 Posts
    I see. I know someone who owns a BNR32 in Quebec and he just said that it's illegal to drive RHD cars there if they were imported after a certain date, didn't know how it works for the US.

It's pretty easy to make imported RHD cars legal here, it just costs a lot of money. About $2k average for a RHD import, a lot less obviously if there is a LHD version of the car.

29. Post #29
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    If you can afford to import an R34 then I'm sure you can afford the 2k to make it legal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    590 Posts
    Obviously. It just sucks when you're trying to get a cheap car from Japan.
    Importing to Germany from outside the EU costs quite a lot.
    For example, if a car costs about €7.000 in Japan, you'll end up with about €12.000-€14.000 before it's fully legal, registrated etc. And over €2.000 of that is just taxes and customs... my ass.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    710 Posts
    That's probably why we have so many Jap imports in the UK. You roll it off the boat, drive it round to get it registered and they basically just check to see if it's got some brakes.

Content:

R32 Skyrine I drove past. Owned by a tuning company so I'd guess it's either a GTR or GTS-T.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    590 Posts
    A lot of people here are importing them from the UK, no customs and no taxes. But it's usually easier to find cars with low mileage and in a better condition in Japan.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,954 Posts
    That's probably why we have so many Jap imports in the UK. You roll it off the boat, drive it round to get it registered and they basically just check to see if it's got some brakes.

Content:

R32 Skyrine I drove past. Owned by a tuning company so I'd guess it's either a GTR or GTS-T.
    also because japan and england both drive on the same side
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #34
    Bus Driver
    December 2009
    8,336 Posts
    I've yet to see any Lambo outside of a dealership besides the Gallardo. Makes me feel bad, as I don't like Gallardos at all compared to their other models.

I took a picture of this one when I was walking down the street while visiting New York. First time I had ever seen a Lambo in real life. I'm pretty sure its a Gallardo (I'm not good at Lambo), but hey, I'm not complaining.

Also saw this Ferrari the same day (shitty picture though).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

35. Post #35
    July 2008
    604 Posts

Drove past this about 8 miles from the wilton car show
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 9 (list)

36. Post #36
    March 2008
    10,051 Posts
    I saw a Lamborghini here in town some weeks ago. With these bumpy roads I'm not surprised the owner got a crane to move it around with too since it clearly can't really drive anywhere
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    Best I ever saw was this Gallardo doing a roundabout here at the beach.
    It was one of the older models, but still good.

38. Post #38
    IT WAS ONLY $1 SO WHY NOT BUY A TITLE?
    March 2007
    3,102 Posts
    I see. I know someone who owns a BNR32 in Quebec and he just said that it's illegal to drive RHD cars there if they were imported after a certain date, didn't know how it works for the US.

It's pretty easy to make imported RHD cars legal here, it just costs a lot of money. About $2k average for a RHD import, a lot less obviously if there is a LHD version of the car.
    He might think that because new skylines are illegal in Canada. People are commonly misinformed about these type of things. I'm pretty sure R34s are completely banned here, regardless of modifications. That might of led to your friend believing that new RHDs are illegal, however it's Skylines (and possibly other cars too) due to their popularity for street racing, etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    July 2008
    350 Posts
    Wow, really? Banned just for street racing? That must have made a lot of people mad... What about European exotics and other high performance vehicles? I can't imagine my country without skylines, they're like the staple japanese sports car.

40. Post #40
    IT WAS ONLY $1 SO WHY NOT BUY A TITLE?
    March 2007
    3,102 Posts
    Wow, really? Banned just for street racing? That must have made a lot of people mad... What about European exotics and other high performance vehicles? I can't imagine my country without skylines, they're like the staple japanese sports car.
    I'm not aware of any other cars being banned except newer skylines. I would love an R34 but they are illegal. It also makes owning an R32 annoying because they are pulled over frequently as idiot cops mistake them for R34s. It also means there's a high demand for R32 skylines so their price is very high too.

I'm not sure about European exotics or anything, I rarely see european cars though, I think I saw an Opel the other day but they aren't common here. My friend owns a Celsior however, and there's some import Celicas floating around.

Edit:
    Some maserati models are inadmissible.
    http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/SafeV...2/MASERATI.htm
    All daihatsu passenger vehicles are inadmissible
    http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/SafeV...2/DAIHATSU.htm
    1996 Viper Roadster inadmissible
    http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/SafeV...GLE___JEEP.htm
    All fiat passenger cars are inadmissible
    http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/SafeV...list2/FIAT.htm

That's just a list. And take note, those are AMERICAN cars that are outlawed. One brand mentioned for the list "No U.S models were made"
    Good luck finding out what cars are outlawed, you'd have to choose specific cars and find the info on them.

Edit #2:

All import cars from countries other than the United States must meet Canadian safety regulations or else they are completely banned. You are not allowed to alter a car to make it safe, or such.
    The only exception is cars over 15 years old, or buses made earlier than January 1971.

I guess I was wrong. New imports are completely banned. Fuck. (Well, all the ones that don't comply with Canadian safety standards).

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/roadsafety/s...-index-446.htm