1. Post #81
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    792 Posts
    I have no pictures, but I see expensive/high end cars every day. I drive on Route 1 every day in NJ and I always pass the Lexus, BMW, Audi, Ferrari/Maserati, Infiniti, Porshe, Mercedes, Aston Martin/Jaguar dealers. Seen Maserati GranTurismos, BMW M series ,Audi R8s, Porshe Panameras, Aston Martin DB9s, Jaguar XJs, etc. Rich bastards...

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    711 Posts
    Saw these beauties at a dealership a while ago when I was dropping a friend off near Guildford (where Top Gear is filmed).

TVR Tuscan, Jaguar XK, TVR Sagaris and a pair of TVR Chimaera.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,958 Posts
    Saw these beauties at a dealership a while ago when I was dropping a friend off near Guildford (where Top Gear is filmed).

TVR Tuscan, Jaguar XK, TVR Sagaris and a pair of TVR Chimaera.
    Correction, one's a Cerbera and ones a Chimaera
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    792 Posts

Maserati GranTurismo

BMW M5

Aston Martin/Jaguar/Land Rover/Porsche dealer w/ 2 XJs and a XK Convertible

Honda S2000 Convertible

Pontiac Fiero

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,657 Posts
    That C20 on the last page is purdy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #86
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    I saw a mint Fiero the other day and i was like "Wow, pretty cool, never seen one of those before" And my dad, sitting next to me, says "The fuck are you smoking? They were one of the most popular cars back then and were pieces of shit"

I was sad D: I kinda like em, they're different. Don't normally see a rear/mid engine car unless you're buying a fucking audi R8 or something..

7. Post #87
    August 2010
    707 Posts
    Saw this in front of a local discount shop

2003 Saleen Mustang, love the licence plate.

8. Post #88
    Dennab
    December 2009
    1,739 Posts
    It was actually pretty surprising that you saw a mint Fiero that wasn't on fire.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #89
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    Even more surprising, it was actually driving along side me as well, and was actually running pretty nice, too

10. Post #90
    June 2011
    319 Posts
    Even more surprising, it was actually driving along side me as well, and was actually running pretty nice, too
    how is it surprising that it was driving along side you, if anything your car would have a harder time driving along side it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

11. Post #91
    black people
    April 2008
    3,934 Posts
    I have no pictures, but I see expensive/high end cars every day. I drive on Route 1 every day in NJ and I always pass the Lexus, BMW, Audi, Ferrari/Maserati, Infiniti, Porshe, Mercedes, Aston Martin/Jaguar dealers. Seen Maserati GranTurismos, BMW M series ,Audi R8s, Porshe Panameras, Aston Martin DB9s, Jaguar XJs, etc. Rich bastards...
    Yeah, I passed by route 1 a few times and I saw an Aston Martin DB9 pull up next time. I shat a brick.

12. Post #92
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BAKELITE FETISH
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts

welcome to tucson fuckhead
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    how is it surprising that it was driving along side you, if anything your car would have a harder time driving along side it
    Really? Because my piece of shit, walking time bomb of a rotary is pushing 250k miles without a rebuild and still kicks half the cars' asses on the street. I race it almost every other day and i still haven't even had problems, let alone blown it up. And yet every time i turn around i hear about people talking about fiero's catching on fire for no apparent reason I'm aware of. Yeah, my car is definitely the one here with the problems.

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    250k on no rebuild? On a wankel? I highly doubt that. Somewhere in the service history of that car there is an engine rebuild. If not one, two.

If it's only had the one rebuild, it must smoke like a motherfucker now. Pushing 125k out of a rotary engine without it puffing some smoke is absolutely unheard of.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #95
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    Well then i must have a gem. Because according to the history i was quoted when i bought the vehicle, it's the original engine, and all the miles are there. He transferred a cluster panel out of a junk one when the one in mine broke (I even managed to find the car in the junkyard, which is where i got both replacement outdoor handles and various linkage, it was the only one there), so the Odo only shows around 160k, but according to him it's the original drivetrain with, again, ~250k on it.

And everywhere I've ever read up on has rated wankels to run ~200k before needing a rebuild anyways so...I know it does need a rebuild, it idles lopey like it has a slight misfire and doesn't like to be pushed into higher RPM's, but by no means does it ever smoke, ever, and by no means has it ever given me any trouble other than replacing the thermostat this last weekend.

"Lol, it's a rotary, what an unstable piece of shit, can barely push 100k hah" Yeah, i must be full of shit and/or a lier. I drive the car every day, i know what it has had done to it, i know almost everything about it already, I've been in out and around it multiple times...Don't know where you got your info from but it must be wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

16. Post #96
    October 2011
    1,055 Posts
    458 before it came out.

Lambo SUV lmao.

3 different Veyrons.

Old dino

Carbon Murcielago

Super Veloce

Carrera GT

I think most of these are from Monterey

17. Post #97
    March 2007
    339 Posts
    Turner Drift 2nd inning.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #98
    October 2010
    11,597 Posts

Spotted this few weeks ago.

Edited:

The actual BMW 1M.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #99
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,583 Posts
    Turner Drift 2nd inning.

Japanese drift cars, and no Rice? Incredible. I didn't think it possible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

20. Post #100
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,614 Posts
    Turner Drift 2nd inning.

Could you scale those pictures up, I didn't have to scroll enough.

p cool though.

21. Post #101
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    10,059 Posts
    Could you scale those pictures up, I didn't have to scroll enough.

p cool though.
    Could you also quote the entire post just like one person did before you?

I didn't have to scroll enough either
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #102
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,614 Posts
    Could you also quote the entire post just like one person did before you?

I didn't have to scroll enough either
    Didn't realize I left them in the quote.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #103
    March 2007
    339 Posts
    Japanese drift cars, and no Rice? Incredible. I didn't think it possible.
    The drifting community is all polite and good people. Southern hospitality may play a part but there was no music blasting bass heads and there was no Riceburners with tin cans all over the place. Everyone there is there to have fun not to show off their mothers Cavalier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #104
    I love my country, but I'm ashamed of my government.
    February 2010
    699 Posts

This guy was a junk collector, but I just like the Confederate flag hangin' off the back.

We convinced him to go behind a local Meijer. For some odd reason he actually went...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #105
    May 2008
    260 Posts
    This is my brother-in-law's 944. He lives out in Phoenix with my sister, and he collects Porsches which are mostly junkers he gets fixed up by a mechanic he knows. He took me for a drive in this, engine sounded crazy and it was fun, and he offered to let me drive it but I think the car is held together by paperclips and my sister's driveway is about an 80 degree incline (front of the car is pretty low to the ground) so I didn't want to risk it When I got in I tugged the storage pocket on accident instead of the handle (I've never been in a real sports car before so I didn't realize it was gonna sit as low as it did) and it popped right off so there was no way I was gonna drive it after I fucked that up.

Here are some awesome old cars I saw at a classic car show recently too.

26. Post #106
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    sorry for blurry pic, phone sucks and it was far away so that doesn't make it any better but:

Edited:

Random pictures off the web to show what it actually looks like, minus a few extras, such as the side vents you see in my pic:

Edited:

Thought it was pretty sexy, sounded nice, too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #107
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,994 Posts
    I saw a fairly beat up Datsun 280ZX down the street the other day, I'll get a picture if I can but it's a beauty.

28. Post #108
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    2,944 Posts
    Tree Hugger meeting?

Hope he used organic paint's!

29. Post #109
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    10,059 Posts
    The ForTwo isn't a tree-hugger's car. It's a car for those who just wants to get from A to B without taking anything with them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #110
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    2,944 Posts
    I prove you wrong! See that first red Smart. It's pulling a trailer!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #111
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,614 Posts
    The ForTwo isn't a tree-hugger's car. It's a car for those who just wants to get from A to B without taking anything with them
    The ForTwo is for people who want to die on public roads while not having any fun whatsoever.

trufact
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,958 Posts
    i define what fun is and you are definitely not having it

33. Post #113
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,614 Posts
    i didn't get it
    No worries.

I saw this car for the second time yesterday:

34. Post #114
    August 2009
    657 Posts

Here's a 64' mustang that was parked in the school parking lot
    a couple of R8s in the audi dealership (I see a black one driving around here now, but I have yet to get a picture of it)
    Then a Lambo (Murcilago? or Gallardo?), a Ferrari (something, 458 italia maybe?) and a Porsche 911 Turbo that were parked outside of a nice restaurant we went to for my moms birthday.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #115
    October 2010
    11,597 Posts
    Then a Lambo (Murcilago? or Gallardo?)
    It's a Gallardo.

Murcielago is much sleeker and longer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #116
    June 2007
    540 Posts

a Ferrari (something, 458 italia maybe?)
    It looks like a F430 Scuderia
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #117
    March 2007
    339 Posts
    240atlanta.com Meet

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #118
    Dennab
    December 2009
    1,739 Posts
    No, the Smart Fortwo (or the Smug Fortwo as I like to call it) is for people who want to feel like a smarter person (surprise!) than the guy sitting next to them in a Civic by having a car that basically shouts in their face "LOOK AT ME I AM SO PRACTICAL AND DIFFERENT FROM ALL YOUR ECONOMICALLY IGNORANT IDIOTS". In reality, the thing is a fucking impractical death trap that still doesn't trump a Metro on gas mileage. It's just for smug faggots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #119
    At the Bugatti Showroom.

Porsche Boxster I think, I am not good with Porches.

Audi R8, seems abandoned. Look at the brakes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #120
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    2,944 Posts
    Dat R8 does not look abandoned. The owner simply loves to drive his A4 Avant to work instead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)